[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

On 9/16/2020 at 2:34 PM, Jillia said:

I mean thinking about it I think it's pretty normal that Joon Young doesn't open up about his financial struggles to Song Ah whom he doesn't know for long but also neither to Jung Kyung or Hyun Ho.

With the last 2 he got his own problems right now, Jung Kyung especially. So to come around with something other than what is going on emotionally would be probably weird. And Hyun Ho didn't really give off the vibes in their last meetings that he is willing to listen to what Joon Young is struggling with.

But overall I think we can all relate to Joon Young. First of all he doesn't want to burden Song Ah, Jung Kyung or Hyun Ho but also financial problems/debt is not necessarily something people are going to their friends with. It's connected with a lot of shame. And nobody really wants to ask their friends for money or at least understanding and support. And Joon Young comes across as someone who feels like he must solve all those issues on his own. Also because he doesn't want to even more rely financially on others, like he relies on the foundation.

Wow that’s such a good point... when watching ep 5 and 6 I really felt his heaviness and shame in being indebted to the foundation, to the director and to JK. It’s sucks for him bec he developed feelings for JK but it is forever tainted by the fact that he plays her late mum’s piano and the family’s foundation supports him. It’s complicated by the fact that his best friend loves her and they have been dating for years. Poor guy! he has his pride (The Korean word for pride is pretty much like their dignity right) too and It’s so hard for him to open up and share. money issues are always tricky and in many cultures  associated with shame. What more in front of the person you like (SA)... so I do understand why he holds back. Looking forward to SA being the one to encourage him to learn to communicate, to lean on others and not to endure all by himself as he has done all these years... his piano playing reflects how he works to please others, and he needs to Learn to play for his own pleasure and try not to please everyone to grow as a Musician (and a person) like the Maestro told him. But he feels like he can’t bec he has debts to pay ($$), and repay (foundation support). 

as for JK I feel like I have seen this kind of relationship before... like ppl who dated as students and while the for fun relationship was ok when studying... it didn’t translate into an adult relationship that was leading to marriage. And they’ve been Tog so Long it’s hard to break out of the group dynamics, and no one wants to hurt HH bec he is such a singleminded and sweet puppy! HH prob pursued JK for years. Maybe she thought she’s give him a chance since JY didn’t make a move for years. For HH and JK, I feel like Sometimes after many many years the relationship goes stagnant... bec a childhood/ campus couple r/S doesn’t necc translate into a marriageable kind of r/s. 

As for why she didn’t make things clear to JY earlier, my Guess is (1) most ppl take a Long time to figure out their feelings, (2) ppl are scared to rock the boat and lose the friendship (3) there’s the question of HH. He struck first while JY was stuck between his work /obligations/ shame and his heart, and also in his voice over he admitted he did not want to face the face that he loved her (till HH ans JK started dating).

she may have missed the timing to finally break up with HH and pursue JY... but hey, some of us have been there. Doesn’t make the pain any less or the desperation (“enduring is hard, don’t take too Long and come to me...”)  any less real! 

hope I don’t get roasted!!! not making excuses for jK’s meddling ways and frustrating moves on JY and SA... just appreciating the writer’s characterisation and detailed observation of relationships. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

The latest BTS, oh my... makes my heart flutters all over again, smiling like crazy, fingers curling, even my toes curls.. I was giggling with them, giggling at them, giggling the whole time.. All the 'hehe hehe', and I also went 'hehe hehe' :wub:

Edited by Jillia
I embedded the links properly.
  • Like 3
  • Wiggle 2

I finally have the chance to watch the episode. Not done yet.

Just 10 mins into the episode and I am already annoyed by JK. This girl is so rude to HH. The way she talks to him.

Like girl, you ain’t gonna get JY so better be nice to the guy who actually loved you while you played around.

JK tells HH that she is sick of him. Well girl, I am sick of you too:

tenor.gif?itemid=14824303

edit

whoa. I am at the part where JK tells SA that she has known JY for 15 years so to stay out of their business.

Wow. Girl. It’s the other way around. You need to stay out of their business. 

<_<<_<

:kicks:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Finally done with the episode. As usual, I like it. 

JK annoyed me a lot in this episode, not just with the way she is treating HH but I have no idea what’s going on in her mind. She breaks up with HH but cries. She is very cruel to him with her words during the audition but cries when she thinks of her times with him. Like, huh? And then she still clings onto JY and expects that he doesn’t take too long to come to her. Again, huh?? 

This episode really shows more of the burden on JY’s shoulder. I feel really sad for him. He has never once done what his heart wanted. Must be so hard to press all his desires inside to just do what others want. It was even sadder when Director Na tells him that she gave up on him the moment he couldn’t play the piano when he was young. WTH??

I also have a feeling that HH blames JY for what happened between JK and him. During the scene when JY was pouring his thoughts to him about his mom, it seemed like HH was only half genuinely listening. He was probably also thinking that JY is at fault for what happened. He isn’t saying anything because he feels it isn’t necessary but I really wanted him to just take it off his chest. 

the real hero tho is SA. I have to say, her courage to confess was very brave. I think JY also likes her but won’t be aware of his feelings like SA until much later. Idk if they are dating in the next episode but they still look really happy together so..i am not sure. 

alright. I have 4 pages to backtrack now ;)

edit:

@Jillia hahaha. I tell you, everytime i saw JK on screen, I had that gif expression on. I just had to use the gif lol. I like the episode overall and the osts use too especially the one during the “I don’t want to be that kind of friend” scene. Do you know which ost is it by chance? I don’t think it’s the one by TaeYeon.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 9/15/2020 at 4:31 PM, ahbling said:

And also remembering her words during the birthday hug, I hope she is saying she is disappointed because he hasn't changed. He still trying to protect her from being hurt when she rather he let it be, so she does not become a fool. Again, she did not asked him to protect her and this time round, she has already told him before not to do so..

It would be lame to breakup because of this, can I trust the writer not to use this to create a crack in their relationship but to strengthened it. Him hiding himself (what happened to him, why he's down) was the reason for her to 'stop' being friends with him. Wish to see him open up to her, together you are stronger!

ooo! This actually makes sense! I think this may actually be the case. If they were really dating and break up due to this “rumor”, it makes no sense. First, given SA’s personality, she isn’t the type to confront the situation harshly. Even though she can’t be upfront with others, she is really honest with herself and how she is as a person. I don’t see SA as someone who would be mad for a reason like this. 

@summersunshine19 Haha your post about getting benefits in return. It actually makes a lot of sense :D

@Latte_Anyday I definitely agree. I don’t see SA as a very upfront person to just anyone but she seems to be very honest to the people around her, those she is comfortable with. In terms of her not responding in defense to the pianist who talked down on her, that is exactly who she is. She is very aware of her place and doesn’t step boundaries or make others feel worse than how she feels. This is one of the admirable traits about her. As you say, there are lots of people who also don’t speak up because of fear to being treated the same. Yet, SA does have a way with her words. The scene when she speaks to the mother of Jiwon was very calm and comforting. This is exactly what JY needs in a person, friend and lover. 

On 9/16/2020 at 12:27 AM, Jillia said:

I wonder who has been spilling/spreading the rumors to the professors? I know one person who would say Song Ah approached Joon Young for her own benefit.

*cough* Jung Kyung *cough*

if it was JK, I will deliver another slap lol. But it’s not her. She wanted SA “out of their business” so she wouldn’t bring SA “into their business” at all. Lol. I think the rumor started generally from everyone reacting to how they see JY and SA together. I mean, I would totally think they are in love too haha.

• Like 7

Alright. I tried to put my annoyance with JK on the side for a very short moment to understand her actions. <_<

So, she lost her mother when young, felt isolated and won’t give in to what her grandma wants for her. She met JY 15 years ago and who knows when she started to like JY. Then she met HH and dated him first even tho she was aware of JY’s feelings. She played with HH, even though she “likes” and now “loves JY”. Then she tells SA to stay out of their business because she has known JY for 15 years, breaks up with HH so she can go back to JY then tells JY to not let take too long to go back to her. Sorry. I still don’t understand why she is acting the way she is. To me, I see a very insecure person who has no idea what to do next because of the mess stirred up by her actions. First, if she liked JY she could have rejected HH. But i have to say she must have liked HH at some point but always had JY on her mind. Like some of you say, she always thinks JY will be there. But my thoughts is that she was testing to see if JY would actually follow his heart for once. JY didn’t. She felt disappointed so she stayed with HH. I am sure she was touched by the sweet moments of HH towards her. But something about her isn’t sincere. I think her feelings for HH was not true for the most part. She always liked and wanted JY.

Even more, she should not come off like the way she does and is. She can’t treat SA like someone who got in the way of her “love”, nor can she hold the high expectations that JY will come running back to her while HH hurts behind the scenes? It just isn’t right. Plus, she shouldn’t have held onto HH for so long then. She seems quite outspoken so she could have given HH some honesty.

so in the end, I am still annoyed by the way she treats SA and treated JY and is now treating HH.

Sorry JK. For now, my slaps are still reserved for you. 

:D

@Jillia it’s my favorite too. Went to download it instantly from Apple Music to my phone. I can listen to it repeatedly :D

• Like 6

@vangsweetie637 @Jillia OMG Punch has great OST songs and this one is def one of my faves too. I too think of our OTP. Just great lyrics/emotions in her voice. I am studying voice over, gosh easier said than done for sure.

@vangsweetie637 Thanks for stepping back and looking at JK not as harshly. I admit, it is was easy in the beginning to just purely dislike her too. (I mean she is not made into a lovable character as she is supposed to add some stress/ obstacles for our OTP. WIthout her, then we cannot enjoy your OTP journey to get together. So she (her character) is a necessary evil. (I am thinking of many dramas I have watched one in particular --- Dinner Mate--the ex bf of the FL was so ANNOYING (a thousand times more than JK).

I feel is desperate and grasping at straws right now. She KNOWS SA is an obstacle when she overheard their interaction in the rehearsal room and knowing JY played piano and add HBD. She knows that JY used her as a crutch to leave her presence (when he asked SA for a meeting) after JY was trying to leave the TRIO practice when JK was acting up and saying she wasn't feeling it and making them repeat their start again and again. Or seeing their song, he was going to play at the talk concert but changed it when he saw JK. Or saying--why you here at the talk concert? 

I agree too that HH is someone JY felt comfy to talk to, HH DEFINITELY was half listening due to his frustration and being upset with JK and JY. But he was unwelling to say ANYTHING to clear it up. He had tried before but BOTH lied to him. But to hear it at the annoying violinist performance (the one who borrowed SA's shoes) definitely was upsetting. Then to have JK break up with him, his world is crashing down. The love of his life he finally can be around together and BFF in one place is crashing down. He is not getting offers he was banking on ie living/working in USA as offers more pay. For now he is helping his parents out with their convenience store here and there. Now he is wading it out to figure out his future. He frankly is in no position to get married in the traditional sense (too much of life is in flux). 

I think JK did not realize what she had was great with HH, a man who loves her. Though JY had a one sided love, he gave up on it to let JK and HH be together. Plus as SA former male colleague said---they were bound to break up. It is fine to date when in school and young. But when out in the real world, reality social status and finances come into the picture. Her grandmother's chat with HH about taking a position as a professor (her offer for the vacant violin one) and she said JK is not taking it. Instead she will be a director at the foundation. You need to up your status to be "friends" with world concert pianist JY (thought riddled with debt and with no money doesn't matter it is perception of his high status. i feel like ROY-he is a dirty spoon what Park Bo Gum character said recently. The total opposite of the silver spoon/golden spoon). JK with the silver spoon doesn't have much but thanks to her family background she has the luxury to do what she wants. 

BTW love our OTP and the BTS filming. The thumb war, their awkwardness filming the "pinky swear" LOL. too cute.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Good morning everyone! From my side of the world :D it’s Friday here. Just two more days until our next episode. 

@Nodame Agree! Strange thing is, JK as a person is not annoying but her actions and choice of words are not the most pleasant hence it becomes annoying. We see moments where she actually offers sincere advice to other musicians (like Jiwon when SA was the page turner for JY at the grandma’s house). She is very talented and there is no doubt she is good at what she does. As a person, I can see she is someone who can have fun and laugh too (given the flashbacks we got of her when the trio were still together). However, it is the choices she chose in how to treat others that makes me not like her. Even more, although she doesn’t act like a spoiled chaebol, she has very high expectations when it comes to JY and HH. During the scene when she tells HH she is sick of him and asks what can he offer her (which is nothing), I was disgusted by the way she looked down on someone she loved and with someone who loves her (i use present tense because it is obvious HH still has his heart on her). Some say it was her way of getting him to let go. I don’t interpret it that way. There are plenty of other ways to go about it than to say it cruelly. I wouldn’t even say it was tough love. Then she cries when she thinks of HH and the rosin. See, this is where I think that she actually felt very touched by the things HH did for her (but I believe she never truly loved him). You can be touched by people’s actions without loving them. In her life, she only had two guys who were pinning their heart on her. One gave up his love so the other one could have her love. I don’t think she liked this idea. She may have felt pushed around because JY could not hold onto what he wanted meanwhile HH went for what he wanted. Another interesting point is HH actually said that JK acts on being curious and will usually end up regretting. I think this is true. This is also why I believe she always liked JY but wanted to test how much he loved her first. She is curious. Her love wasn’t meant for HH but she wasn’t even willing to give her love to JY either until SA came along. To me, she finally needed someone to show her that she needs to have JY. She “regretted” her choice to hold on for so long with HH. And, I hope this doesn’t become obsession with JY.

Also, one thing I noticed is she is much more willing to help JY in his financial situation than HH. Look at HH. He, too, is struggling economically and financially. But JK instead gives money to JY willingly while HH whom loves her and even asked her hand in marriage, struggled on his own. JK thinks she is doing it out of love (which is why she didn’t do it for HH. She doesn’t love him enough or didn’t at all). Both HH and JY never asked JK for help but JK thinks it is okay to just keep doing it for him and his family because she loves him.

This is why she doesn’t understand what JY meant when he said “how do you think I feel when I see JK” to his mom. It is obvious that he feels pitiful, sorry, embarrassed and cannot face her without feeling all these emotions. I think JY himself used these emotions to turn it into what he thinks is love for her 15 years ago or who knows when. But seeing how she treated them both (HH and him over the years), he realized he was just being a pitiful person. I haven’t had a chance to watch ROY yet but the mention of a “dirty spoon” is exactly what I see JY sees himself as. He wasn’t born rich but even now, he doesn’t feel rich nor is he even rich due to his talent. He feels dirty from having others support him financially even without him asking. He feels like he isn’t good enough to do anything on his own. JK doesn’t understand or see this. Ironically, she doesn’t want to do what her grandma wants but she cannot see the same within JY. 

Amazingly, I actually don’t hate JK (i have had my share of hated characters haha). But I don’t like the way she treats others. I sympathize with her childhood but will not use it as a reason to excuse her actions with others. Even though she is not a dirty or spoiled spoon, I don’t think she is able to put herself in others’ shoes to understand their perspective of life and living. I have a friend who told me he is in no position to put himself in other people’s shoes. So I ask him “then how do you sympathize with others if you cannot even imagine how they must feel when you face the same situation?” It is a food for thought. 

with this said, what do you guys think JY means when he ask his mother “how do you think I feel when I see JK?” It was bothering JK so much that she cried thinking about it. It’s obvious she thought differently than JY. 

@gracebkk oo thanks! I would have loved to see SA play the violin. So sad it got cut :( hope in future episodes, we will see it. The text preview is exactly as the preview we got :lol:

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Watch: Kim Min Jae And Park Eun Bin Joke Around Behind The Scenes Of “Do You Like Brahms?”

51a3bfbc532d41bf9657119a0d9233c2.jpeg?s=

Sep 18, 2020
by S. P

SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” has revealed a new behind-the-scenes look at the drama!

The romance drama is about talented classical music students chasing love, happiness, and dreams. Kim Min Jae stars as world-renowned pianist Park Joon Young, while Park Eun Bin plays Chae Song Ah, a violinist who set out to pursue her love of music later in life than her peers.

The clip begins as Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin rehearse a scene in which he gives her a signed CD. During a break in filming, Kim Min Jae watches quietly as Park Eun Bin skillfully plays the piano. When she stops playing to look up at him, Kim Min Jae tells her, “You play well,” before walking away with a smile.

While filming the scene, Kim Min Jae strides towards Park Eun Bin before breaking character, laughing because he had to walk such a long way to approach her. He attempts his entrance a second time, completing the scene without a hitch. Afterwards, he shows off the signed CD to the camera. He leans conspiratorially towards the camera to say, “This CD is useless. I should have brought her shoes.” However, Park Eun Bin opens the CD and compliments him on his pictures.

Next, the pair rehearse a sweet scene in which they make a pinky promise together. After making it through their cheesy lines, Kim Min Jae and Park Eun Bin burst into laughter. They grow serious again as the filming continues, slipping in some natural ad-libs.

Park Eun Bin then brings up Kim Min Jae’s previous role as nurse Park Eun Tak in SBS’s “Dr. Romantic 2,” asking him about the differences between that role and his current role as Park Joon Young. Kim Min Jae responds that while Park Eun Tak is good at fighting, Park Joon Young has never taken part in a fight in his life. Park Eun Bin agrees with his analysis, adding, “Since he’s a pianist, he needs to be careful with his hands.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1426208wpp/watch-kim-min-jae-and-park-eun-bin-joke-around-behind-the-scenes-of-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/14/2020 at 8:45 PM, Jillia said:

So, this is what happened apparently:

Song Ah asked for Joon Young to play "Träumerei" but he saw Jung Kyung and changed it to "Chopin Ballade No. 3"

@gracebkk I think they cut the scene I quote above too because I saw a glimpse of joonyoung playing piano for that talk concert in previous preview. Looking at some unreleased scenes, no wonder they started Blu-ray survey this soon (after 2nd week of broadcast)?

Taeyeon ost kiss me reached #1 in music chart it seemed from this article 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/241/0003053382

And also spoiler pic from namoo(?) or it's just me who haven't seen songah with that red clothes

Some sbs posts of our trio piano performer 

Spoiler

Lang Lang mentioned this drama

Spoiler

The writer also worked for his record label before? 

https://n.news.naver.com/article/055/0000841535

Waiting Monday with their fmv 

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, guestra said:

Lang Lang mentioned this drama

Wowwwww. I’m shocked! Lang Lang knows about this drama??? The fact that the drama has even reached to a world-class musician’s ears & he’s even watched it is surprising. He even said it’s good (and he’s not even Korean to begin with!). I bet the DYLB team must be really happy to hear this! So happy for them! Hopefully other classical musicians also feel the same way. :) 

6 hours ago, guestra said:

Looking at some unreleased scenes, no wonder they started Blu-ray survey this soon (after 2nd week of broadcast)?

Goshhhh... I really hope that the survey results are good and they’ll really sell it (better yet if they sell DVDs and have eng sub on them). With the amount of cuts that didn’t make it, I think it’ll be worth buying it.

• Like 4

Hi! I hope it's not too late for my two cents on episodes 5 and 6. A new semester just started, so I've been busy with all the requirements. But hey, here we go! 

In general, I loved both episodes. It's nice that they're introducing the flaws of our main characters, because it makes the drama more realistic. For the first few episodes, I'd like to think that we've focused on their strengths. This makes it easier to understand the characters' flaws because we've seen how good they can be. Now, we're given a glimpse into their weaknesses, which become more significant as the plot moves on. I'm excited for the part where all of our characters experience growth, but while we're not there yet, let's focus on the now.

Since I've finished watching episode 5 last Wednesday and episode 6 today, some details may be fuzzy, so I decided to comment on the events based on the characters, not the episodes. Without further ado, let's start with Jung Kyung.

Lee Jung Kyung. Jung Kyung's actions as of lately are definitely inexcusable, and no explanation will justify the bad things she did. What's rude is rude. However, I'd like to look at Jung Kyung in an understanding way, which may help us find out why she did the things she did.

As we all know, Jung Kyung's mother died when she was young. That was the turning point. After that, we could say that everything went downhill. She became motherless, and along the line she lost her 'prodigy status' as well. Yes, she still is talented, but a lot of people around her were disappointed that she didn't maximize her potential. 

That's two things on her plate. When you're young, the feeling that you're not as good as people thought you were is really hard on you. Couple that with the devastating loss of someone you loved, oh boy, that's a bit unbearable for a child, don't you think? 

Enter Joon Young. From what I know, Joon Young was friends with Jung Kyung first. Through the years, Jung Kyung became attached to Joon Young, but I don't think she developed feelings for him early on. I think she just viewed him as someone that would always be by her side. In my opinion, she really loved Hyeon Ho, which is why she entered a relationship with him. The videos of the two of them show that they were happy with each other, regardless of status. 

Now, let's go back. If Jung Kyung didn't like Joon Young, why did she kiss him in New York? Well, let's remember that Jung Kyung already lost two of the things that were important to her: her mother and her 'talent'. Losing can mean death, or in some cases it may mean 'drifting away' or becoming unreachable, which was the case with Joon Young. Because of his talent, he was going to a place Jung Kyung couldn't reach, and because of that, Jung Kyung made use of his feelings for her to make him stay - which of course was a really bad thing to do. 

Since she was always with Hyeon Ho, she treated him as something that she wouldn't lose (& grew tired of him along the way) and focused on Joon Young more. I think she confused her selfishness (her desire to make Joon Young stay by her side) with love. 

Joon Young was drifting away even before Song Ah came into the equation, but Song Ah's presence troubled Jung Kyung further. Add the pressure of being a director for the foundation and her lingering feelings for Hyeon Ho (she cried when the rosin broke), here we have a very selfish, troubled, and broken woman. I still do think that she deserves a second chance. I hope she heals well this time. 

Hahn Hyeon Ho. Ah, I want to hug this guy. Hyeon Ho is such a kind person, especially when it comes to Jung Kyung. It's just sad that because of Jung Kyung's actions, he and Joon Young are experiencing a rift in their friendship, when they were so happy together to begin with. 

Like Joon Young, he works hard and stays humble, but because of this he is becoming more and more insecure of both Jung Kyung and Joon Young. While Joon Young is financially struggling like him, Joon Young's talent makes up for it. But what does Hyeon Ho have? That was the point brought up by Director Na, and it actually makes sense. I hope Hyeon Ho begins to help himself improve, because this insecurity will haunt him if he does nothing about it. I hope he applies to become a professor at the university. 

We know that Hyeon Ho could've done something to clarify things with Joon Young, but his passive-aggresive actions are actually realistic. When misunderstandings arise, the right thing to do is to communicate, but as usual, it's easier said than done. I hope he gets his peace of mind soon. 

Yoon Dong Yoon. Song Ah's supportive friend. There's still a lot we should see from Yoon Dong Yoon, but if there's something I like from the scenes that showed him, it's his conversation with Hyeon Ho. The drama pointed out that you can always change paths until you find your passion, because it will give you a lot of happiness in the end - everything will be worth it. Yes, Dong Yoon didn't continue playing the violin, but he's totally winning out there with his skills and business! That's what I want to find - genuine happiness doing the things you love, for a long time. 

Kang Min Seong. Aside from being Song Ah's friend, we haven't really seen much of Min Seong. Her friendship with Song Ah is so cute, and she is such a nice friend (although she may be totally clueless at times and bad with timing). However, I want to see her musical side. After all, she has a poster with a cello. I want to see her growth. I hope she doesn't get reduced to the lead's best friend and love rival (at first) for this drama. 

Park Joon Young. Joon Young ssi! One of the nicest guys in dramaland. It's so nice that he's still a nice person despite everything he's going through. We are also able to understand why he acts the way he does, despite it being disappointing sometimes. 

Joon Young has always lived a life of service, a life where he gives his all to the people around him. Ironically, this does not always translate into music. He often plays for the purpose of earning money and giving back to the foundation (in concerts and competitions), but he isn't really giving the best performance a musician can give because he has never been "free". He doesn't play from the heart, he plays because of his obligations. There are a few moments where he does, and he is either alone or is playing for someone he loves, which is Song Ah (and previously, Träumerei for Jung Kyung). I hope he can play from the heart on a regular basis. 

Music aside, I hope Joon Young learns to open up. We've seen how happy and free (and braver!!) he can be around Song Ah, but he still has some walls to break down before he can truly be free (and be himself, for that matter). However, he has to exert more effort to do so, as his responsibilities as a friend (and boyfriend?) become heavier the more Song Ah and him become close. Song Ah shouldn't always be the one to initiate the deep conversations, he should learn to communicate his troubles as well. However, we still applaud him for the hug, CD, pinky promise, dinner, and other things he initiated. Still, he has to learn to communicate heavier things. 

Chae Song Ah. Song Ah ssi! What a brave girl! I was totally cheering for the 'I don't want to be your friend' scene to be the confession scene, but because it wasn't, I was like 'okay, let's just watch the episode'. But! Unexpectedly, we have a confession at the end of the episode! This is such a big leap from her unrequited love (which she didn't confess to anyway) for Dong Yoon. This time, our girl takes the reins and goes for it! It's also cool to see how brave she is when she's with Joon Young, with her speaking up her mind about the things she wants and doesn't want to do. She is also able to tell Joon Young her opinions (talent vs hard work/dreaming). I hope Joon Young does the same as well, soon. 

Confession scene aside, I was a bit heartbroken for her after all the misunderstandings (Joon Young with Hyeon Ho, not Jung Kyung; Jung Kyung at the apartment) but we all know how deeply Joon Young cares for her. So I say let's let the leads work this out and patiently wait for their sweet moments. After all, there are bound to be disagreements between friends (and lovers), so let's just buckle up and hope that those make them stronger. 

That was a bit long! Haha. Anyway, I'm so excited for episode 7! I hope we see a hug after that confession. Or something more? Let's see. 

Stay safe and healthy, everyone! 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jillia said:

Omo! Thank you for sharing the new stills, @annamchoi! :D

So we get more awkward moments now Joon Young knows how Song Ah feels about him and I'm here for it.

:fullofhearts:

My pleasure sweetie..all for the love my  twosome pair! :heart4:expect some akwardness between these two, but I hope JY will stay the same as though he heard nothing..but on SA's part it will definitely affect how she will treat JY now that she confessed.and a sort of threat from JK. But I feel that its all JY's decision  of how he will treat the confession of SA.I think also that on his part he still wants her to be around and be friends with her.I think both of them are eachother's comfort zone and refuge.both are undergoing persomal issues and that more than ever they both need someone to lean on.

I just saw this. Does anyone have an ideA about this..Thanks

kimminjae-fc-th-20200919-230949-0

Hopefully, episode 7 will be really a good episode I like to see how JY will handle the rumours of them dating and that SA has been ceitized about it.and what made upsets her.

• Like 3

from the preciew, it feel like JY has not actually turn SA down. If he turn her down they wouldnt be in a position to be gossiped about for being a couple....

but then again..kdrama preview most of the time are misleading of the event sequence in the drama... most of the time the 1st sequence in  the preview come out later in the episode

*analyzing kdrama is such a hard work :P

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Kim Min Jae Sits Through A Tense Piano Lesson In “Do You Like Brahms?”

d86cc9e5cdde495c9e0c3a996393e795.jpeg?s=

Sep 20, 2020
by C. Hong

Kim Min Jae has his back against the wall in new stills for SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?”

“Do You Like Brahms?” is a drama about classical music students who fight for their dreams amidst the harsh realities of life. Kim Min Jae stars as Park Joon Young, a genius pianist who has complex emotions about playing the piano.

Park Joon Young has the kind of talent that others envy, but he himself feels pressured by his talent. He grew up in a poor family and turned to the piano in order to make a living. He became famous and took on a challenging schedule of performances in order to survive. After years of this, he finally gained the chance to take a break. However, it seems that the life he has chosen is not so easy to escape.

In the new stills released on September 20, Park Joon Young is receiving lessons from his teacher, Yoo Tae Jin (Joo Suk Tae). Park Joon Young’s posture is rigid and his expression is tight, suggesting that he is not enthusiastic about returning to piano lessons. Yoo Tae Jin is not sympathetic to his pupil’s reluctance, creating tension between them.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1426581wpp/kim-min-jae-sits-through-a-tense-piano-lesson-in-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1