[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

There’s a 20-seconds video spoiler for today’s episode (the canteen scene!!!). It’s too cute guys... I think I’ll be smiling like crazy while watching today’s episode... they’re so happy....

:please::criesariver:

Edit:

Apparently, the production team also said this:

Edited by gracebkk
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Awww @gracebkk @rukizie that clip and new stills!!

these two are so cute! And are we already going to be watching them in their last semester? Didn’t school just begin? Lol. Or did they mean we will see their hearts grow as the semester passes by??

new episode tomorrow! Yass!!

I think it’s because both of them only have 1 semester left before they can graduate, hence why they said we’ll be watching their last semester (even though school just started). 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4

There's apparently a longer clip of the dining scene.. I'm telling you guys.. It's tooo cuteee!!! They're so awkwardly cute together, and once her friends go, he's all cute again & flirty with her... Gahhhhhh. How can I wait until this drama airs & the subs are out?!?!?! Ahhhhhhhh

:highonflowers: :ilike::hooray2:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Awww!! These two make my heart flutter!! I hope we actually see the whole scene. It better not be cut.

@gracebkk ah i see. So the semester ending is before going to graduate school? 

Yep! :) The last semester before graduation from undergraduate program (thus before graduate school, if SA does end up entering graduate school). 

I wonder if we'll get to see SA entering graduate school though.. Or will she end up going to graduate school even after knowing the professor's true intention (because I'm predicting that she'll find out in the later episodes)? My guess is she will probably still go to graduate school even after knowing because she loves violin too much that she'll take any chances she can get, even if the professor doesn't have the purest intention (I mean.. She was even willing to take a chance to appeal to the maestro to stay in the performance, although it failed). And maybe, after seeing SA's strong resolution towards music, this will finally move JY's heart to fall in love again with piano? :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, gracebkk said:

Yep! :) The last semester before graduation from undergraduate program (thus before graduate school, if SA does end up entering graduate school). 

I wonder if we'll get to see SA entering graduate school though.. Or will she end up going to graduate school even after knowing the professor's true intention (because I'm predicting that she'll find out in the later episodes)? My guess is she will probably still go to graduate school even after knowing because she loves violin too much that she'll take any chances she can get, even if the professor doesn't have the purest intention (I mean.. She was even willing to take a chance to appeal to the maestro to stay in the performance, although it failed). And maybe, after seeing SA's strong resolution towards music, this will finally move JY's heart to fall in love again with piano? :) 

I can’t wait to see their semester together :D i think SA will still take her chances although she will be hurt to know she was used to get some kind connections from the professor. But perhaps we will then see a more intimate comfort scene from JY to SA because of this? Lol. I know SA loves the violin a lot and is willing to do anything to improve her talent and get better at it. But I have this feeling she will feel “betrayed” from the truth of the professor and may feel even more stepped on. She probably won’t say anything harsh to the professor and may end up feeling grateful for the opportunity. However, she will feel worse about her ability and talent because of the professor’s true intentions. Yet, JY may be the one to continue believing in her and in turn, he may come to truly believe in the piano. Thing is, if JY never loved the piano to begin with, he will end up finding something else to love. And perhaps SA will guide him. These two were meant to meet each other for other reasons than to just love ;)

@rukizie oh no. It’s Jung Kyung. 

tumblr_m3klgwgqcx1qcbmeno2_250.gif

Please don’t make me have to slap her again. 

Edit:

@annamchoi i just love these two! We need to come up with a couples name for them! :wub:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, Jillia said:

And Song Ah is starting graduate school.

Do you mean SA is now in graduate school already? If so, I don't think that's the case because in ep 6 the manager was thanking SA & the other intern girl for spending their last summer interning in the foundation. And Park Sung Jae (the guy in the foundation) also asked SA and the other intern if it was their last semester, and they confirmed it.

But yes, it's definitely JY's last semester because he couldn't finish it due to his competitions and concerts. 

13 minutes ago, Jillia said:

kkk The way Joon Young starts talking and Song Ah is like "Who are you?". Like THESE TWO!

Right?!?!! My heart is fluttering because of these two!!! Seriously.. Gahhhhh >.< How am I supposed to wait?? 6 more hours until airing time... (+12 hours for subs)

@rukizie Gosh.. That girl... I hope she knows what she truly wants soon. But on the bright side, the attire that JY's wearing seems to be the same one he wears for the ice-cream date! I wonder if the date takes place before or after this argument (my guess is after)? So.. I guess it's something to look forward to, at least for the date. :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@Jillia Yup! I remember now that they are both going to be graduating soon and I think they will be meeting at the same graduation school too :D it does feel like a college drama but I am happy to see this progression. Can’t wait to see their hearts grow!

——

Lol i am trying to come up with a couple name for these two adorable ones but I just can’t seem to find the right one. Pinky swear couple? Musician couple? AwkwardShy couple? Brahms couple? Lol! All seems fitting but just doesn’t hit the right spot for me. 

:rubchin:

• Like 3

@Jillia @gracebkk if i understood it correctly, the professor did offer SA the graduate school program. However, it was only after she remembered what the other teacher said about having connections and what CIY said about SA graduating there. But the professor herself even judges SA on her class status (being last) and never really paid attention to her until now. This is why I don’t know if her intentions towards SA is truly pure. I see it as a way for the professor to get recognition and climb up higher. Perhaps, hoping she can be like professor Yoo who helped JY climb to the top and earned himself a recognizable name? Did I interpret the scenes between SA and the professor wrong, and prior scenes that actually led her to offer the program to SA? 

@Jillia i feel the exact same way, and what frustrates me is that NO ONE is communicating properly. No one is telling each other how they feel and think. I understand that in situations like this, no one wants to talk because everything doesn’t make sense and is overwhelming. Me, personally, if something like this happened, I would be asking all the what, why, when, where and how questions. I will be giving my piece of mind because I will be making myself miserable with the “ifs”. 

i know these three were very good friends. And that’s exactly why they need to muster up and talk. They don’t have to forgive and forget, nor even be friends again. They just need to understand for closure and relief so there is no more space for regrets and anger.

HH had chances to tell JY but brushed it off. JK could be nicer about it but decides to be more cruel and cold about it. And JY..even in the preview, was still not willing to admit that something did happen when JK came to New York.  These three needs to come clean and communicate. It’s fair to say the damage cannot be fixed but at least speak out whats on everyone’s chest. HH seems like he has a lot to ask and say but he is taking it out on JY more (notice he doesn’t approach the subject towards JK with anger like he does towards JY). I don’t think it’s right either for HH to feel or think that JY is more at fault. If anything, JK is more at fault than JY and HH. I hope the drama doesn’t drag on this problem between these three. We need to see how they will grow from this problem, not how they keep going back and forth with no attempt to resolve or communicate. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Hello, may I join this forum..I love the drama very much and enjoying all of your post here..

I hope I can share my opinion later on..:)

Ah, by the way sbs just released ep. 6 making film..you can check their yt channel..run bin and Min jae are adorable as always..and they include scene of Song Ah and Jung Kyung.. they're cute behind the scene:lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

Hello, may I join this forum..I love the drama very much and enjoying all of your post here..

I hope I can share my opinion later on..:)

Ah, by the way sbs just released ep. 6 making film..you can check their yt channel..run bin and Min jae are adorable as always..and they include scene of Song Ah and Jung Kyung.. they're cute behind the scene:lol:

welcome to the Brahms party! Please feel free to join and give us your feedback and thoughts! These two are a really cute couple for a lot of us here. There’s no denial in the chemistry on and off screen :D

@Jillia see, “SongJoon couple” is just too simple for me haha. I mean, it works but it doesn’t make me flutter at the name of it. We need a name that will make us go “awww” and remember them whenever we write or talk about them. And a name that us Brahms here came up with :D We will have to watch more episodes as their hearts grow for each other to find the perfect name. We shall find it! ;)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I thought that's what her former professor offered her? The graduate school I mean. :) And I also thought that Cha Young In at one point said that Song Ah graduated from that university. But she probably meant the business degree. It would make sense for Song Ah to graduate now and have her last semester with Joon Young, since they're also same age. And then go to graduate school. :D

Yep, the professor did offer Songah to go to graduate school. But if Songah does apply and gets accepted, she'll only start it after this semester (so once she graduates). Currently, she's in her last semester as a violin major undergrad. And yes, she has graduated in the past, but as a Business major undergrad. So hopefully, we'll see both Songah & Joonyoung in their graduation gowns together and taking pictures (couple pictures please?! :wub:). 

25 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I don't need a happy ending for these 3 but it would be nice to see their friendship isn't completely over because Jung Kyung was unable to know what/who she wants.

Agree. At this point, I can't see how they'll be able to restore their friendship like before, since the damage is done (just like what @vangsweetie637 said). I guess only time, stability in their career and a new love life can solve it. But unless they start communicating, I feel like this hurt will just fester in their hearts and make them bitter – and if this does happen, all 3 of them can say bye-bye to their friendship. 

What do you guys think will happen with Songah's friendship with Dongyoon and Minsung? Currently, Dongyoon and Minsung decided to act like that fiasco didn't happen, but DY still doesn't know that SA knows about it already. If DY really does end up liking SA, and MS finds out, I can just forsee MS being mad towards SA (just like how HH is doing towards JY). 

Mannn... I hope our two Brahms can be strong and stay strong together. Thankfully, we still have 10 episodes to explore all this as well as their goals in life. Do you think we'll have enough time to cover all of that? I just hope the directors won't rush the ending or latter episodes & I hope the pacing and story for the second half is as good (or even better) as the first half. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

What do you guys think will happen with Songah's friendship with Dongyoon and Minsung? Currently, Dongyoon and Minsung decided to act like that fiasco didn't happen, but DY still doesn't know that SA knows about it already. If DY really does end up liking SA, and MS finds out, I can just forsee MS being mad towards SA (just like how HH is doing towards JY). 

Mannn... I hope our two Brahms can be strong and stay strong together. Thankfully, we still have 10 episodes to explore all this as well as their goals in life. Do you think we'll have enough time to cover all of that? I just hope the directors won't rush the ending or latter episodes & I hope the pacing and story for the second half is as good (or even better) as the first half. 

sorry to cut your post :)

in regards to your question, the friendship between SA, MS and DY is actually not as bad as the other trio. However, it is still very problematic. Again, no one is talking. MS and DY agreed on acting like nothing happened (bad idea) because time cannot turn back. Awkwardness is already there. However, the one who needs to say something is SA. She never told anyone she liked DY so MS has no right to be mad at SA if DY begins to pursue her. If anything, MS should feel bad. But knowing SA’s personality so far, she is already distancing herself because she understands that it’s not her place to come in between MS and DY. Not just that, she got a glimpse of DY’s reaction to MS’s confession. I think she won’t put herself in that situation. This friendship is not broken yet. No huge damage because SA never showed her affection like JK did towards JY, or didn’t lead him on like JK did with HH. If anything, there shouldn’t be a problem because what happened between MS and DY was their own doing. And if DY does find out SA knew all along, I don’t see them as being angry and lashing out. I just want SA to speak up for herself. She needs to tell DY how she feels about the whole situation instead of also acting like nothing happened. 

I really hope there is no rushing or dragging of the plots here. Everything needs to be resolved smoothly. I hate it when writer solves all the problems or even bring new ones in episode 15-16. I need those episodes especially reserved for the OTP :P

edit:

@Jillia the more I think of it, I am starting to like Pinky Swear couple more too. The other ones are too simple as well but Pinky Swear is unique to our couple here. It is actually really cute like you said. And now that you mentioned Brahms have something to do with JK, i threw that one away instantly :lol:

shall we just call them the Pinky Swear Couple? :D

——

alright. Must sleep a bit so i can wake up to join live recaps :D see you guys later! 

• Like 4

@vangsweetie637 @Jillia True... I do agree that SA, Dy & MS's relationship isn't as complicated as the other trio (although it's still messed up and should be addressed soon if they want to keep their friendship). Let's see how the writer develops it. So far, I'm enjoying the twists and turns that the drama is giving us, so hopefully another pleasant solution will be given to us :) 

34 minutes ago, Jillia said:

As for Jung Kyung, Hyun Ho and Joon Young and respectively Song Ah, Min Sung and Dong Yoon: like you both said there is massive miscommunication or lack of communication. I mean Joon Young was pretty clear when he rejected Jung Kyung. He told her to endure [the unrequited love] like he did. Basically until it's over and she is over it. But she decided that she knows Joon Young better and that he must still love her. Hyun Ho is kind of sidelined. But yes, there is definitely fault in Joon Young for not telling Hyun Ho what happened back in New York. I think we will... hopefully... see a big confrontation coming our way. and yes it's questionable whether their friendship can be mended or not.

I agree that JY is partially at fault for not telling HH or at least didn't tell HH that he used to like JK (in the beginning). But I feel like if I was in JY's position, I probably won't say it to HH too.

For one, JY sees very clearly that HH loves JK. And since HH is a very dear friend for JY (as is one of the only friends that JY has), JY probably doesn't want to hurt HH.

Two, imagine having your best friend telling you that your gf/bf kissed you on the lips. Who would you believe more? Your lover or your best friend? If I was in HH's position, I would probably feel betrayed by both but feel more hurt towards my best friend, someone I expected to not hurt me. And since love makes you blind, it's easier to forgive a lover than a friend. So, I can't fault him for not telling HH. In this case, I applaud JY for taking a strong stance and distancing himself from JK (although there are some instances where we can JY still caring for JK like asking the latter to wait inside his apartment when she was drunk). 

So honestly, for this trio, I really don't know what the best solution is. I'm actually quite excited to see how the writer would develop their relationship (and how the writer will fix it, if they decide to fix it). It'll be an interesting learning. :) I just hope all three of them can be happy again, just like how they were in university. Or at least, I hope HH & JY can mend their friendship (since they were friends even before JK came into the picture). 

4 minutes ago, rukizie said:

if they just gave us with sweet spoiler before the storm comes, i don’t think i would be fine. i would definitely go balistic. Seeing Song Ah put aside her feeling for everything, she needs justice 

I have a feeling today's the sweet episode and tomorrow is the angsty one – just like how last week went... Gahh... I'm feeling nervous for tomorrow already, and today's episode hasn't even aired yet! Eeeeekkk... 

:dead:

• Like 2
  • Love 1