[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

They're the real deal! :wub:

Kim Soo Hyun is a perfect namja for ladies! B)

EbSAHsnVAAAGLKL?format=jpg&name=medium

EbSAHFoVcAIJ0u0?format=jpg&name=medium

I really loved their interaction with each other in the previous drama! :) 

Looking forward to see them together again! 

• Like 9

Is it just me or does Seo Ye Ji's voice sound super ASMR in this drama (when she doesn't scream)?

Just caught the second episode and I think I am liking it but part of me is trying to avoid putting too much hope in it.

It's interesting that despite her initial impression, she seems to glide towards helping Kang Tae, which is very out of character from her usual demeanour. And despite KT saying that her eyes show no warmth it looked as if it did when he was saying that as well as when she saw him holding Sang Tae in the crowd.

I wonder what KT sees in MY for him to sense that she had been through trauma because aside from that strangled flashback in episode 1, I see no clear indicators. But it's also odd that at the next moment at the lift he says that he would avoid someone like her who was born to be this way.

I also do wonder if KT's mom's death is linked to MY's dad? Interestingly MY and her mom both writes dark content and I do wonder if it was caused by her dad? And does every other K-Drama uses butterfly as a symbolism? Hahahaha.

Sang Tae's character is really interesting to me too. In episode 2, he is already bringing me too much emotions. I hope my heart can stand whatever that will come next in his storyline (hopefully I won't be crying from too much pain). I also love how refreshing straightforward and cool MY is. She likes what she likes. An obsession is an obsession. No sugar coating it. No twists and turns. Wrong is wrong. And punishment is due where it is deserved. I do like to think that she resembles a part of reality where those who are deemed as vulgar and labelled as rotten are those who are the least pretentious, sincere and kind, looking to protect themselves and those they love from hypocrites' harm. I had super low expectations for this drama prior to episode 1. But now I can't stop myself from being hopeful and it is frustrating.

Super love the kid actor for young KT too. I can't wait to see more flashback of his acting. He seems quite prospective for his age.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

The dry spell has finally ended. I always started a drama with a lot of hope. But recently, nothing has been working for me. It seemed the same old story. I am sure they had a lovely story to tell but somehow it lacked the comfort I was looking for. You want to enjoy a beautiful craftsmanship! The art of story telling. Not just beautiful places/ faces! What a lovely 'story-telling' !

Just caught the first episode and loved it! I love the way it is shot, the warm colours despite the bleakness, the emptiness in the hearts of the characters. More please!

Oh and can we talk about KSH's calm presence and that serene smile? The abs did not go unnoticed in any way. Time to look up his previous dramas. 

• Like 14
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I would love to see a scene in which we see the resentment/anger that Kang Tae has towards the burden of caring for his brother. It is realistic for a carer to feel that way, though it may not fit in a romantic drama, but I think it would work to show the other side of the coin of caring for loved ones. 

Me tooooo omg, I would love to see his strog facade crumble at least for one impactful emotional scene. He is being too selfless here (okay I know we're only at ep2 lol) But no matter how selfless and pure he is...there must be times where he just looses it right ? otherwise he is not human. From @stroppyse beautiful translations of the character descriptions (and thank you from the bottom of my heat for them @stroppyse , they are beautifully written and I bet your translation gave them justice.) You can feel that KT indeed has a bit of a dark side ( and rightfully so.. I even think that he rather turned out very well for someone with his circumstances...) KSH also abused of the word "tired" when descriing his character in an interview for Netflix, so basically KT is very tired of his cirvumstances (that why Jae Su tells him that his smile lookes like the Joker, not genuine enough since his eyes remain sad....) and that is heartbreaking actually. KT is tired of everything yet he keeps it to himself for the sake of his brother, who only gets to see his patiente side and smiling face. Now, I wonder how MY is going to contribute in getting that anger resentment and tiredness out of his system and hopefully heal him in her own unconventional ways ;))) I can't wait !

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

59 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

The dry spell has finally ended. I always started a drama with a lot of hope. But recently, nothing has been working for me. It seemed the same old story. I am sure they had a lovely story to tell but somehow it lacked the comfort I was looking for. You want to enjoy a beautiful craftsmanship! The art of story telling. Not just beautiful places/ faces! What a lovely 'story-telling' !

Just caught the first episode and loved it! I love the way it is shot, the warm colours despite the bleakness, the emptiness in the hearts of the characters. More please!

Oh and can we talk about KSH's calm presence and that serene smile? The abs did not go unnoticed in any way. Time to look up his previous dramas. 

I completely agree with you. And am a bit disgusted (ahem, as they said in the first episode :D ) by the reaction of some people in my country who watch kdramas, who say that this is the "typical Korean drama." I cannot see anything typical about it. The storyline, the visuals, the OST, the acting, the beautiful leads, the ideas (with the cartoons, for instance), the humour, etc, etc.

As for KSH, absolutely recommending that you take a look at his previous work. Won't disappoint. He never disappoints. :wub:

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The interaction that I"m really looking forward to is seeing ST interact with MY. ST idolizes MY, but he's also a gifted artist who has been doodling MY's fairy tales on his own. I'm curious to see how their relationship plays out, since I do think that MY and ST will have a relationship of some kind, even if it's not the romance that will develop between MY and KT. Still, I think both brothers are going to enter MY's life and change it, as she will change their lives.

Same here.

I think that precisely ST will play the vital role in MY showing her vulnerability even more. She has already started acting - during her book presentation. Of course, her actions were driven by her fascination with MT (or it seemed so), but still, she defended both brothers.

And yet, she did it her way - again my favourite contrasts. How MT faces injustice & how MY faces it.

In that sense, not sure whether we've mentioned it expressly in the thread but important point in the second episode was when MT instinctively grabbed MY's hand to "defend" her from the creepy journalist/critic. This is his way of "fighting" - first thinks of the person who is "attacked" & could be "the vulnerable victim". He grabbed her hand without a second thought, to keep her safe, to defend her; he did not start attacking the man first.

On the other hand, from what we have seen so far, MY does the complete opposite - she attacks directly, without a second thought. She attacked the father, the family at the presentation, the journalist. This also makes her expose herself - both directly & figurately speaking.

Interesting to see how this would develop. Would they change each other's perceptions and reactions?

• Like 14

1 hour ago, TiNaDo said:

I completely agree with you. And am a bit disgusted (ahem, as they said in the first episode :D ) by the reaction of some people in my country who watch kdramas, who say that this is the "typical Korean drama." I cannot see anything typical about it. The storyline, the visuals, the OST, the acting, the beautiful leads, the ideas (with the cartoons, for instance), the humour, etc, etc.

As for KSH, absolutely recommending that you take a look at his previous work. Won't disappoint. He never disappoints. :wub:

There is nothing typical about this. The cinematography is stunning! Also, the way the story is being 'narrated' is such a delight! It's like slowly unwrapping a gift, the anticipation of unraveling something worth our time. This isn't going to be one of those feel-good dramas that you enjoy thoroughly and then forget. This ones going to comfort the soul. The theme of love and healing, acceptance is like chicken soup for the battered soul. There's time and space for such stories. I think it is not everybody's cup of tea. The topic of mental health itself is still a very 'hush hush' subject in society.  It will have it's own niche of followers who would give it the love that it deserves. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

There is nothing typical about this. The cinematography is stunning! Also, the way the story is being 'narrated' is such a delight! It's like slowly unwrapping a gift, the anticipation of unraveling something worth our time. This isn't going to be one of those feel-good dramas that you enjoy thoroughly and then forget. This ones going to comfort the soul. The theme of love and healing, acceptance is like chicken soup for the battered soul. There's time and space for such stories. I think it is not everybody's cup of tea. The topic of mental health itself is still a very 'hush hush' subject in society.  It will have it's own niche of followers who would give it the love that it deserves. 

Exactly! Unlike other dramas where the plot is pretty much set from the get-go (e.g. CLOY with how SK and NK romance will resolve, TKEM with how Lee Lim can be defeated, HDL with Man-wol settling her own grudge so she can finally move on to afterlife), even if two episodes have already passed, it's still difficult to predict how this drama will go. We know that it's a healing drama, but because ASPD, PTSD, ASD, and other mental illnesses are in the play (along with a potential murder mystery), there's no way to clearly predict what will happen next.

It's Okay That's Love also tackles mental illnesses, but the main difference between IOTL and IOTNBO is the potential threat the the female protagonists poses against all the other characters in the universe. In a way, she is her own anti-hero, and because she explicitly does disturbing things (e.g. pushing a man down the stairs, pulling someone's hair, playing around with a knife) the viewers are torn between loving her character and disliking her actions. 

The fact that they chose to tread on dangerous waters already places this drama on a league of its own. With the appropriate story telling and character handling, I have no doubts that this will be one of those memorable dramas you can't help but rewatch. 

Kim Soo-hyun's chemistry with Seo Ye-jin is explosive, and it works so well. Contrary to other dramas, I think the romance in this one will be secondary. It only seems like it is the main focus because of the sexual tension from the two leads, but considering Kang-tae's character, even if he would fall for Mun-yeong's beauty, he doesn't strike me as the type to delve in a relationship with her -- not when he knows she is unstable and Sang-tae will come first.

These next seven weeks are going to be so stressful! I want to know how the story goes but at the same time, I don't want it to end because I just can't get enough of SYJ and KSH's visuals and chemistry. 

• Like 14
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2