[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

In my opinion the one who has sanity in this drama is GMY. She accepted her pitiful life. She just very sad and lonely.

I am curious about:

1.the lady who appeared near the window when GMY came to the cursed castle.

2.did she know that MGT is the boy from her pass? 

I need more ost!!!! :)

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Just done ep 3 to 4. I'm so late. I know. Short review of mine. I see that they cooked all the good ingredients of desperation and longing for love into a great composition. And it resulted with a great deal of trauma and disappointment. All these grown up kids are only wanting sincere love. It's not because they have something that can benefit the other or not but pure love which accepts them whatever their flaws. Like how MY faced her students all the messages from the reality perspective through the liar fairytale, I see that these meantally ill people are somewhat taking this as the light in their darkness. It emotionally moved their hearts. 

We finally see more backstory fleshed out into the deeper layers. Kwon Gi-Do, Moon Gang Tae and Mun Young shared the same story as the Zombie Kid. It's the story copying the reality.  I wonder why r so many people cutting the unions here??? 

So I think the simplest answer to all of this is true love.  I mean how could it be this one. Only true love which can break the cursed spell. Their past trauma which keeps locking them inside is just like their prison, the same prison for the sleeping beauty who unable to wake up. They can't escape unless someone comes to reach them out with true love. And I see it's slowly coming next episodes. So excited!

• Like 6
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, rarawita said:

In my opinion the one who has sanity in this drama is GMY. She accepted her pitiful life. She just very sad and lonely.

Hahaha I was thinking the same. I guess life itself is crazy enough that nobody can really be deemed sane. I think watching the side story of the manic son with his father who is determined to put him away whether his son is considered recovered or not shows just that. The world in itself is dark and the human heart a deceitful mystery. It's not MY or the patients in the hospital that's scary. And I love this drama because they have made the voices of those deemed unsuited for society to be ever more relatable to our thoughts. We are more similar than we think. It gets us to question whether mental illness is just a social construct used to isolate people who do not abide by societal standards and function accordingly to serve societal goals.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

"About the scene in episode 2 – a sequence depicting “happiness” of Moon Sang Tae on his way to the signing event of his favorite storybook writer, Go Moon Young – that drew explosive reactions, he explained, “The script showed the happiness of Moon Sang Tae, and when I visited the filming location, there were lots of fun things. There were lots of mannequins, cherry blossom streets, umbrellas, pretty birds in spring posters hanging all over the street, dancing signs, and even raining murals. I wondered how these things would be seen in the eyes of happy Sang Tae. I think I wanted to do that even more (making the sequence) because people with autism spectrum are often portrayed only in unstable and scary ways.

I'm touched by Director Park's words. He chooses to portrait the story in his way and very human-orientation. 

Put aside the rating thing, this drama itself is such a treasure that does not only portrait the healing journey of characters, but is also an encouragement to people who have mental issues out there, that they are not alone, they can be listened, can be understood, can be healed and can be loved.

I love this drama so much, so far.

• Like 12
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Sejabin said:

I love this drama because I am able to collecting many meaningful quotes from Ko Mun Yeong. And they are just from 4 ep

I think because this character is a writer, a kids story writer, so she is very thoughtful and imaginative yet very logic.

True! From KMY the woman and from KMY the writer. 
I would probably never erase from my memory the scene where KMT read that final sentence of The Zombie Kid. Even the simplest sentence, in the appropriate situation, to the right audience, can touch souls and provoke tears.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Eb46FFHUYAA5Z7F?format=jpg%26name=4096x4

i so love this outfit! It makes MY look like a character straight out from a fairy tale! :wub:

7 hours ago, rarawita said:

I am curious about:

1.the lady who appeared near the window when GMY came to the cursed castle.

2.did she know that MGT is the boy from her pass? 

I need more ost!!!! :)

i agree with this. To me, I feel like she has been traumatized from early childhood and became the person she is. She too wants to feel loved. 

1. The lady who appeared near the window in the cursed castle and even within the house itself, to me, is simply the nightmare of her mother. It is the subconsciousness of MY’s nightmare. It’s not an actual ghost. It’s her innermost fear manifested.

2. Yes, she realized MT is the boy when his background check was sent to her. She connected his hometown to when he told her that her eyes reminded him of someone who had the same set of eyes. That’s why she told MT that it seems like he has gone through a whole evolution. 

3 hours ago, Sejabin said:

I love this drama because I am able to collecting many meaningful quotes from Ko Mun Yeong. And they are just from 4 ep

I think because this character is a writer, a kids story writer, so she is very thoughtful and imaginative yet very logic. 

very true! This is also why I love all the stories from MY. As mentioned before here, these stories are actually parts of MY herself. When KT cried at the end of Zombie Kid, I was tearing up too. Not only did KT want his mother’s warmth as a child but MY wasn’t so different herself either.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

@Ameera Ali running for new bts!! Just know! My head is craving for them these dayss aihhh:offtospace:

i wonder in this very neat vs opposite random hairstyle, are they become obsessed hairdresser for each other like a LOT of arrange ahahahahahah so cute of them, seems they're much perfectionist for how scene looked to us viewers also:heart4:

Eb46FFHVAAALUC2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 3
  • Love 4