[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

@yukiyukiku @UnniSarah

I wanted to watch once again because the FL is Lee Byung Hoon's wife. But another 100 odd show?

The soompi forum is generating a respectable number of pages for 40 odd episodes, does anyone know the ratings for this show? 
Sometimes a show has high ratings but Soompi forums are cool and vice versa. Sometimes it matches.

• Like 3

@UnniSarah i was thinking something has to happen to move this along the revenge.  There has to be catalyst to get things moving. Something/someone that connects everyone. EC has had screen time with everyone just about. They had shown him more. Something that would finally break her and make her go full on revenge. Right now she is just simmering. 

HJH/ED are going to have to get married to make this drama move forward. Sometimes you have to go into the lions den to face the lion. When she marries HJH she would be protected by the HJH and the chairman. MH/SJ can't hurt her as much as they want and can if she's family. TI right now is spread too thin. He is trying to do too much. He is trying to right a lot of wrongs and protecting people. ED is right to destroy them you have be on the inside. Become family.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello all 

I have a. MAJOR QUESTION 

CAN SOMEONE REALLY COMMIT SUICIDE BECAUSE THEY COULDN’T Handle the pressure of Trying to save TI’a father?? Does that even make sense? Or it makes sense because I am a viewer??

Tae In really covered his track but I have to say. What is the matter with Hye Won? Why she wants to destroy ED. I found her so funny telling TI to stop seeing ED otherwise she will destroy her. Is she for real?? Who the hell is she to make those threats. What a dummy. Why she tell TI she can’t have kids??? Soon she will regret telling him. She hasn’t even told JH about being infertile . Lol karma hit them hard  

@yukiyukiku 

Reveal hidden contents

I am also watching Once Again. Lol 
I love this drama so much because the storyline is really good. 
Na Hee has a suitor now but she isn’t ready to date yet. 

i dont know if that kind of pressure will drive someone to commit suicide

I'm sure that suicidal feeling doesnt happen overnite, but it's accumulating over many years

From TI's background, i suspect TI was all alone with his father with no other relative until DS appeared

Even then, TI was still a loner

Perhaps the feeling of loneliness that has been built up over the years leave him desperate to keep his father alive

Regardless any hopeless situation, a suicide is a selfish crime commit to oneself that often are overlooked & underestimated,

thinking that it will not harm anyone

It's sad and heartbreaking. Even now, im still sad about Jonghyun, Sulli, Hara; even though i was not their fans while they're alive.

HW may be regretting about her past abortion, now that she's infertile

The baby was her 1st, last, and only one that she's ever had till she die

Although, she may/may not have any feeling toward TI,

Perhaps for some reasons she was venting out her regrets, frustration, and anger toward TI & whoever females close to TI

He was after the father of the baby she aborted. She's too selfish to be repentant so blaming others is easier

Spoiler

Really? you watch Once AGain too...hahaha

Even though i only watch Fatal Promise on & off, i post here waaay more than that thread :joy:

Same with Hospital Playlist, i only check the thread when i need to read live recaps

3 hours ago, maribella said:

@yukiyukiku @UnniSarah

I wanted to watch once again because the FL is Lee Byung Hoon's wife. But another 100 odd show?

The soompi forum is generating a respectable number of pages for 40 odd episodes, does anyone know the ratings for this show? 
Sometimes a show has high ratings but Soompi forums are cool and vice versa. Sometimes it matches.

Spoiler

Actually we get to watch 2eps of Once Again on each Saturday & Sunday
So 2 days we get to watch 4 eps

In the past, weekend drama was actually 50+ eps with 1 hour for each eps
But now they change it, they split 1 hour eps into 2 eps

So we get to watch 2 eps for each Saturday & Sunday

And weekend drama usually about families, almost there is no revenge or such thing

So there are funny scenes too

In a way it's lighter drama, but since it's a family drama with lots of people & characters

it's kind of like a family maze with hunters but no traps :rolleyes::sweatingbullets:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"my mother is the type to chop off the head of those who hurt her children" bwahahahah --- the best description about myung hee and coming from ji hoon's mouth to quivering di shum was super! the woman is getting more and more annoying.. and now the secret meeting in the church? face palm. in comparison to di shum, myung hee is really a force to watch.

@youngae ~ I agree with you; we need movement in the story and a good way to infiltrate would be for eun dong to marry ji hoon. while she has turned him down for now, it may not be a permanent move.

also looks like seo ju is far more softer now that she has inkling of why tae in is making his choices. she still thinks there was something cooking between him and eun dong. seo ju is interesting because she finds jun hyuk and his family evil. myung hee is a real lady macbeth. rightly or wrong, she feels chairman han will not believe that she had nothing to do with it. so she joins hands with crocodile jun hyuk and then intends to take over his share. hahahahah... that is some plan! :lol:.. however, seo ju may defect and do her own strategy if she thinks she can get back tae in. who knows how this game board will work.

am rather liking how impatient eun dong is. robot wants her to stop and let him handle it and she is like yea, whatever, you do your strategy and I will do mine! love it. hahahhaha... it is great to see that she is not dependent on tae in to make things happen..

am wondering why these people who are all related and despite each other still hang out. seriously! myung hee thinks very litle of her brother and his family yet she chooses to keep them around. chairman han knows these people are blood sucking leeches but still keeps hem around. jun hyuk is ticked off that they have never been treated with respect but still hangs around? why not quit and go and work somewhere else? ^_^

@UnniSarah ~ thanks for the tag on that inheritance drama but the plot line seems a bit too bizarre for my taste. I avoid all sorts of fauxcest dramas. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Why she tell TI she can’t have kids??? Soon she will regret telling him. She hasn’t even told JH about being infertile . Lol karma hit them hard  

I found that scene hilarious especially when tae in reacted with a robotic shrug "you deserve it." bwahahahah... she was hoping that he will be sympathetic and switch to her side. ha! you need more than a sob story to move robot now. it almost feels like she is bizarrely jealous of eun dong. actually it feels like everyone in this drama is obsessed with eun dong. rather than fatal promise, it should be called "eun dong's fault" because everything circles back to her in everyone's head. :lol:

@maribella ~ at the moment, eun chan's sole purpose in this drama is to eat chicken from that restaurant. hope that chicken is tasty and the kid actually enjoys it. or maybe he is just a really good actor and doing a good job of eating?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Seems like ED & HJH really going to get married

That robot is truly a robot inside out

He assures HJH that he doesnt have that kind relationship with ED wihout a flinch

I think at the end of the series TI will become a priest to replace Ahn Jung Won from hospital playlist

Just kidding..:sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Finally finished watching all episodes and able to catch up with you all :)

• I might be bias because my HJH-ED shipping, but no matter how hard I try, I can't picture TI-ED as a couple. They are more like partner in crime (or revenge). I still think TI will end marrying SJ, and save her from her toxic mother and be a better person (with TI's influence). Btw, I love MH make up in this drama.
  • I believe ED does like HJH, but she doesn't realize it yet. Or maybe she does, but she’s afraid to hurt him. 
  • Dear God, I lost count who knows whose secret anymore.
  1. HW's infertility (who knows? TI, HW, HW's mother & HW's gynecologist) 
  2. Mr. Kang's heart is Mr. Cha's (who knows? TI, CJH, Mr. Choi & HW)
  3. DS is HJH's biological mother (who knows? The Kangs, ED & Chairman Han)
  4. Chairman Han's heart transplant was supposed to be Mr Kang's (who knows? CJH, HW, Mr Choi, TI, ED, MH, and SJ)
  5. CJH killed Mr Cha (yes, I always believe CJH killed ED's father. who knows? only CJH). Did I miss something? The biggest secret will be no 2 (how ED would react to this?) and no 5 (it will be game over for the Choi's)
  • @Lmangla my ship sailing probability has been upgraded to 15%.
  • I really can't stand CJH. I avoid seeing his face whenever he was on screen and only focus on reading the subs. Thumbs up to the actor.

Minute 1:28 > our "favorite" DS stands for herself... or not? because few second later, ED helps her stand.

Edited by gutibear
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

What's happened to SJ?  I stopped watching when they kept having issues with the wedding.  At that time she seemed to be the nicest overall character on the show and certainly a MUCH nice person than TI.  Did they reveal more about her or did she just go crazy because of how poorly TI treated her?

• Like 2

Ah thang CJH is set up for another fall. MH gave him a thumb drive which I think had TI's promise to deliver the company to SJ, old taping.  So CJH is going to use that to extricate his father.All must be confirmed by the subbed video.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, D27Gjk68 said:

What's happened to SJ?  I stopped watching when they kept having issues with the wedding.  At that time she seemed to be the nicest overall character on the show and certainly a MUCH nice person than TI.  Did they reveal more about her or did she just go crazy because of how poorly TI treated her?

i havent watched the full eps since last friday when kbs didnt air the eps, only few unsubbed clip from kbs drama channel

from i can guess, SJ didnt lose her mind, but reacting like a normal jilted jealous ex-gf FOR NOW

we still dont know if she turn like her mother, power hungry step mom

or the better cinderella's sister :P 

• Like 4

Okay - Episodes 41 & 42 - (  awaiting subs eps 43 )

For the very first time in all of my drama watching career, I'm really really close to having a villain as my favorite character - MH

That said, I just cannot wrap my head around the insane self righteous indignation that she (and sometimes SJ) engage in - and its ruining it for me - how does a character kill your grandmother, nuke your entire neighborhood, sleep with your spouse, wreck your car, cut off the head of your puppy with a chainsaw, and then have the unmitigated audacity to proclaim ...How dare you attempt to seek revenge on me, don't you know who I am?  - I really really REALLY wish they'd knock that crap off, cuz I really really really want MH to be my favorite :wub:  She is the anti - TI, respect those trying to stand up to you and just laugh maniacally when you crush their will to live - BINGO! You are now my favorite! - I love you!:kiss_wink:  And she dresses great too! - double trouble :lol:

Speaking of frustrating characters, HJH is trying really really hard to make me like him - and for a large portion of both episodes he was getting it done - Defending ED, standing up MH & ABBA harpie - calling TI to warn him whats happening ...   When he tells DS he'll take her home and as they are leaving, he has the flashback to her stopping his fight with TI, I was cheering for him .... Come on HJH, put it all together! ... Call her "Mom" just once and all is forgiven ..... but NO ....... HJH is so disappointing

All you HJH-ED shippers - how do you still root for this guy? Ketchup on the nose? Really? That wasn't Ketchup it was LAME SAUCE!  When ED finally and definitively friend-zones him you guys are gonna thank the writer, because there's no way that "IF" they got married, that they would stay married for 50+ episodes ..... you all watch dramas ... you know how this works

Besides - if ED actually married him, her stock goes way down, thats just being cruel - she clearly likes him but doesn't love him

TI is still 1 step ahead of everyone else - now just close the deal on a few of these guys - send Hospital Chairman to jail - get HW demoted or ousted - Knock those glasses off CJHs face

MH is actually threatening to kill people now ... wont be long before someone drops - this brings up a good question: Do you think anyone is brave/foolish enough to slap MH?  ... and live?

@Lmangla - you go ahead and laugh about Klutz & TI, she may never get him, but just let ED see her being sweet on TI, and the TI-ED ship date improves dramatically

And speaking of TI & ED, robot boy is warming up, were you all watching?  When the two were out drinking, ED is busy plotting revenge on SJ & CJH, all TI is interested in is whether she is actually dating HJH ... our robot is getting a bit jealous:lol: And howabout that half hug when ED collapses in the office? .... Eh? Half is better than nothing ... progress people...progress!

Check out HW - Give her some nice cloths and shes back full of swagger and standing toe to toe with ED even after being slapped - the power of a good wardrobe :lol:

On the flip-side, how does HW think she can actually lay the blame for her infertility at TIs feet? - Thats mental, and not the good kind.

I'm really feeling bad for SJ - I think she's about to fall off the cliff into the darkside - but I was still clinging to hope when she was sincerely pleading with TI ... saying that she understood why he was doing what he was doing but please just stop .... I felt bad for her, be cause it was a reasonable request that we all know TI was never going to acknowledge Further, after she meets with CJH and MH, it was like she was suddenly becoming aware .... My entire family are all SNAKES

How about the Hospital Chairman in those stylish PJs ... nice!

Chairman Jang withdraws the investment AND he speaks Korean - CJH looked like someone hit him with a 2x4 :lol:

Did you guys catch ED checking out HJHs pen?  She may have been sitting with HJH but she was thinking about TIs pen, and it looks like TI's pen is alot bigger :lol:  Hows that for subliminal messaging :joy:

SLAPCOUNT +2  ( its the same slap but they showed it in both episodes so it counts twice )

BTW - Chairman Hans Secretary (MH spygirl) is HOT!  ..... just saying :rolleyes:

LCO 

• LOL 8

@LeftCoastOppa:heart: I have been missing you :D. Don't really know you gender but I have This habit of calling Man ...So I will say ....Man I have been missing your humorous post. You always deliver one of the best posts on this forum. Your banter with @maribella regardin Romeo Juliet is bang on :lol:

Now the topic . Well HJ H is giving me real diabetes with his over sweetness. He is becoming good younger brother to TI but please be a good friend to ED as well. That guy is leaving no stone unturned to woo her in spite of being friend zoned^_^. Well he may get ED for short period   if she decides to use him,who knows (well writer knows!)

It's first time ,I feel like talking about ED. Till now I see her character grow brain and is getting mature . She cares for HJH and EC and keeping her emotions in control regarding TI. She is everywhere , helping TI,  standing by his side and I think she will always be the one to save him when he falls short of his resources. Am just waiting for her next emotional outburst against Ti, coz only then sparks will fly between them . Till then I have to bear nose ketchup and bad cooking of HJH:persevere:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

There has to be a climax for ED to go full-revenge mode. Right now, we're at the point where the good people constantly lose. I feel like Chairman Han may end up in a coma or even dead... but I know that someone will die sometime soon. And the death will affect everyone, especially HJH, MH, and Dim Sum. If it's not Chairman Han, then maybe another important character?

If ED marries into the Han family, she could get a higher position at the company and that'll cause a huge wretch in Lady Macbeth, the Eggshells (Chois, HW, and Mom-in-Law), and SJ's plans. Drama ensues, and maybe she takes over. Who knows? And TI will help her, too... I still don't ship them but I think they'd make good partners/friends. And if ED doesn't marry HJH, she may marry a rich man who was also wronged by both families and team up with him to take over?

What do you think? @UnniSarah @maribella @LeftCoastOppa @yukiyukiku @shana0127 @gutibear @youngae @Lmangla @Secretz (hope it's the right tag, lol)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I am seriously disgusted by MH and do not find any interest in her character whatsoever. All she does is yell, manipulate, and treat everyone like a parasite under her skin. I will check back in in about two weeks to see if anything has changed.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, chococarmela said:

If ED marries into the Han family, she could get a higher position at the company

This is possible but I don't think her position in the company will be higher enough to cause major problem for MH, CJH, or SJ.

Chairman Man promised to help ED but she refused. My guess, Chairman Han will end up in a situation where he can't help ED when she need it the most (Chairman Han in a coma or dead like you said. but I really hope the writer won't kill his character soon). 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, gutibear said:

This is possible but I don't think her position in the company will be higher enough to cause major problem for MH, CJH, or SJ.

Not super high, but I’m thinking of the leader of a team/department. Or a director. That’s not too high, is it?

29 minutes ago, gutibear said:

My guess, Chairman Han will end up in a situation where he can't help ED when she need it the most (Chairman Han in a coma or dead like you said. but I really hope the writer won't kill his character soon). 

Possibly. I don’t want Chairman Han to die either. Maybe ED will end up in a situation where she’ll definitely need his help?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, chococarmela said:

There has to be a climax for ED to go full-revenge mode. Right now, we're at the point where the good people constantly lose. I feel like Chairman Han may end up in a coma or even dead... but I know that someone will die sometime soon. And the death will affect everyone, especially HJH, MH, and Dim Sum. If it's not Chairman Han, then maybe another important character?

If ED marries into the Han family, she could get a higher position at the company and that'll cause a huge wretch in Lady Macbeth, the Eggshells (Chois, HW, and Mom-in-Law), and SJ's plans. Drama ensues, and maybe she takes over. Who knows? And TI will help her, too... I still don't ship them but I think they'd make good partners/friends. And if ED doesn't marry HJH, she may marry a rich man who was also wronged by both families and team up with him to take over?

What do you think? @UnniSarah @maribella @LeftCoastOppa @yukiyukiku @shana0127 @gutibear @youngae @Lmangla @Secretz (hope it's the right tag, lol)

In the last episode, HJH told MH that he was bringing ED into his home. I'm guessing marriage. But this thread has just started, it's going to be milked for many more episodes. It could begin with ED making regular trips to the Han house. Much as I prefer HJH-ED pairing to TI-ED pairing, I'd only give it a 5% probability. The writer is using HJH to drag the series for 70-75 episodes before germinating and blossoming the love between TI and ED which was seeded 7 years ago. I have to try my hand at a literary device after reading leftcoastoppa's writing pen metaphor.:phew: HJH's bad luck is statistics, the second lead has fewer occurrences  of getting the FL.

The Chairman seems like a weak man. His wife is obviously neglecting the stepson for 20 years, he knows she's plotting to seize his company for the daughter but he keeps her for 20 years? If he dies, TI will throw his support behind HJH and we will get a lot of corporate shenanigans.

If TI's father dies, there is another couple in the offing, provided MH does not get to yell at Dim Sum to the grave first. This will also generate a whole list of angst filled episodes.

edit: About their dressing, from plain dowdy, frumpy clothes for ED, she's now drowning under pleats and folds. Her last outfit has an asymmetrical skirt and the top part has a lot of fabric. The usually tailored SJ was wearing a white top with bows and ribbons on it. It hurt my eye to see the pink Liberace suit that MH wore which seems to follow a Dior design. But I am Esprit, Levi person, what do I know.:)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

Here are my thoughts so far. It's going to be long. So grab some juice and cookies. Lol!

Of course I'm HJH biased. But why I believe HJH/ED are end game. I think TI/ED together would be kind of boring and predictable. HJH/ED have had at of moments so far. Like I said earlier she cares a lot for HJH even TI mentions it. TI is like her first crush for her(one-sided). She still has residual feelings for him so its hard for her to let go. When she first met him he was about to be married so he wasn't even thinking about her that way. He treated her like a kid. She is caring more for HJH and she is conflicted. You noticed when she is with HJH and he says something heart warming to her she thinks back to TI. Its like she doesn't want to give up the ghost. It may seem like she still has feelings but its hard getting over your first crush I believe( I don't know).

If TI/ED were meant to be they would have something. They are more like two people who have come together to take down the baddies. TI told HJH straight that he and ED have nothing going on. TI means what he says. If that isn't the nail in the coffin i don't know what is? I think that is worse than being friend zoned. I don't think he will change his mind soon. They are brothers even if not by blood. He would not try to take ED from HJH when he has such strong feelings for her. 

HJH is the only one who has gotten her to smile and laugh again. I mean if TI/ED were meant to be together he would got her to smile or laugh just once.  The ketchup thing might have been lame but it was cute. He had to use what he had on hand literally. LOL!

TI has too many women problems to have a romantic relationship with ED. A jilted ex-fiancee, a backstabbing ex who can't let go and blames all her problems on him, jilted ex-fiancee mother who is controlling and vengeful,  always crying mom, scheming male lead mom and mother-in-law and backstabbing ex-convict. ED is the cherry top with her revenge.

I think SJ is the only one who truly loves TI she is just confused and angry about the non marriage. Her mother is not helping but stoking the crazy.  I think they will be endgame. 

I think chairman Han is going to help HJH/ED get married. MH is not going to let that happen over her dead body. But I bet the chairman can pull some strings and make it happen right under her nose. Now that would be interesting to see. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Since i havent wtached full 5 eps from last friday's eps, it's hard for me to predict

From what i know so far, CJH's & MH's strategy to bring ED & TI have not been smart moves 

With & without Chairman Han's help, TI & ED seems to be able to divert the disaster

(please correct me if im wrong)

The only suspense for me is...when will TI & ED finally burst kissing or turn the robot black hole into a star *praymode

• Like 2
  • LOL 4