[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

@youngae you are so protective to HJH, hope we get such a female character for him in drama, we can fix him with her :D and our TI ED ship would sail smoothly :lol:. As for your outburst ,well dear read previous post as how TI ED have been thrashed right left and center by us. ED in spite of being female lead is the most criticised one here.TI is the most grilled male lead ever , for his placid face. In fact Chairman wife, the villain has her fans here . So please don't expect people to just compliment a character coz that is no fun , till you really grill down somebody :w00t:.

@Saja La control , dear control:D, are not we TI fans we must take those lessons ,he gives to ED.

@maribella @Lmangla TI dad is the most pitiful character in this drama ,in fact his whole family is pitiful! His mom is a permanent case of Shivers, always shivering ! Except that TI is a Black hole that absorbs everything ! If he takes ED as his partner ,his family will,, get one who is real rowdy .

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

2 minutes ago, shana0127 said:

agree TI dad is the most pitiful character in this drama ,in fact his whole family is pitiful! His mom is a permanent case of Shivers, always shivering ! Except that TI is a Back hole that absorbs everything ! 

Robotic black hole:unsure: he does seem to absorb much abuse.  I had missed many of the earlier episodes, were we told why he became such a cold mechanical man? 
He looked like a happy go lucky child when they fished out DS from the lake.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Saja La said:

Firstly, i agree that we can ignore posting if you/we don't like. however, are you now putting restriction what we can write and what we can't dear? The other one, her restriction are no putting down HJH, and your restriction is NO debate...? Why is everyone putting restriction now? 

:sweatingbullets:.... so one of the rules in the forum is that we can disagree with each other but no need to get personal or attack. perhaps, that wasn't how you meant by your post but your previous post sounded a bit of an attack. another rule of the forum is that we are not supposed to bash the characters. the reason is to ensure everyone can enjoy the forum and not feel like they have to exit because their character is not liked. now, obviously, we cannot like every character and in a drama like this, we are bound to be making fun of the story and character for the most part. :lol:... at the same time, if a character annoys you, then, you can mention it in your post but there's line if it crosses towards bashing. I guess when someone sounds too negative about a character and goes on? again, sometimes, a person may not have intended that way and just about sharing their thoughts. the forum rules are all about having a space where everyone can enjoy the drama. since we are all from different parts of the world, it is easy to misunderstand especially as we can't hear the voice or tone of the post. so some may not intend to sound strict but they do. stuff like that. so just be aware of the tone of your post -- that is what @maribella is referring to.

in terms of ship, this is what I have understood from years of watching - often people have reasons for liking one pairing than another. it honestly does not make your pairing superior or anything but actually boils down to your own romantic preferences. so find it actually amusing that you and @shana0127 dislike ji hoon so much - is it just because he is robot's rival? or just a personality thing. in the real world, someone like tae in would drive me nuts -- I dislike people who won't spit out what is in their head and are secretive ^_^.. so you can see how our personality and preferences impacts how we view theses characters and pairings. sometimes, it is just the way we respond to a story. now, some pairings we may dislike as feel it is not logical. some we just love for no reasons we can name. it is all the magic of a drama. what I love about daily and weekend dramas is that you can dislike a pairing and still manage to watch the drama! :lol: the reason is there is a lot more at stake than just a character's romantic life. in this case, we need to see justice happen for eun dong.

anyways, lets have fun -- we should have another crazy week of lots of twists, turns and abba dancing! :lol:

• Awesome 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

anyways, lets have fun -- we should have another crazy week of lots of twists, turns and abba dancing! :lol:

Some one was praising Temptation of wife highly , so I watched a few episodes and the chairman Choi's wife was in it. She was quite funny. I don't think she has aged at all, Her figure, her face.

When it hits the fan, HW is not only not pregnant, she is also infertile.. I am not going to watch that raw, must wait for the subs for that episode.

• Like 4

@maribella ~ abba lady is tailor made for these type of dramas. her expressions and comedy timing are really hilarious. I had to laugh at her theatrical cooking in the last episode when she was gleefully happy that tae in had called off the wedding.

am expecting hye won to fake a pregnancy or do the ultimate blame -- falls over herself and then say eun dong caused her miscarriage. :sweatingbullets: -- the tactic of many anti characters in dramas!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, maribella said:

Robotic black hole:unsure: he does seem to absorb much abuse.  I had missed many of the earlier episodes, were we told why he became such a cold mechanical man? 
He looked like a happy go lucky child when they fished out DS from the lake.

TI father keeps mentioning this as how TI had hard life with poor parents who could not support him financially in his career and always dragged him down with their illness and background. So this made TI fight for himself alone .He could not talk his problem with his own parents. His father had heart problems and his mother though loving was not psychologically strong.He had seen her attempting suicide and remember how he handed that cup of coffee to her when she sat there trembling .He was always caring and empathetic. So he would always keep things to himself rather then worry his weak  parents .Even HW was fed up with his weak parents and his overprotective ness towards them .

@Lmangla Well first of all TI is no robot to me He is a black hole instead.He is empathetic, does smile, frustrate  and go sad.

Now talking of TI like person in real life.Well I live with one and I did have my rough phase understanding . Such people are the shells and need extra sharp people to penetrate.Yes they are not everybody 's cup of tea. But once you know them ,you will always be attracted to them ,they have that aura.

Now HJ H in real life. They are happy go lucky kinds ,easy and fine. But wait ,they are good  to people they like and love while to others they are a Hi - bye thing. You know it when you meet them. To me such people make no big impression whatsoever position they are.

That's why I am very clear with my couple preference . TI -ED are my couple whether they end up together or not is a different thing. TI promise to ED did turn out to be fatal but I still don't see him backing out . He is still there doing what he can. If ED grows enough brains ,she should be able to see it. 

Edited by shana0127
For @lmangla
  • Like 5

I am sorry I didn't mean the tone that my post was saying. I was just being over protective. I know its hard to explain. But I don't know how to say it but I will try. Sure he can be annoying. But he so darn adorable and funny. I just wanted to put that out into the universe. I didn't mean that nothing can be said about him negatively. So sorry again. I was just frustrated that the boy couldn't breathe without be called annoying. I know he needs to learn to use his head more because he makes you sometimes do that headrub thing that parents do. Lol! I see his flaws and I don't overlook them.

I quite expect the main leads to get chew up and spit out. Everything they do gets put under a microscope and dissected. They make you question are they that stupid? Then you think yes they are and then its why? Then its like I can't it hurts my head but I can't stop maybe oh never mind. Sigh. 

Well I have never been much of a OTP pairing person. I can take it or leave(mostly leave lol!)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

so find it actually amusing that you and @shana0127 dislike ji hoon so much - is it just because he is robot's rival? or just a personality thing. in the real world, someone like tae in would drive me nuts -- I dislike people who won't spit out what is in their head and are secretive ^_^.. so you can see how our personality and preferences impacts how we view theses characters and pairings.

I for one dislike HJH because of his personality. First impression ruins my image of someone.I started liking him but then now he is acting so clingly and not taking the time to try to understand ED/ I feel that he is pushing to hard for ED to be his family. He refuses to listen to ED when she tells him , TI & her are not a couple. Everyone seems to be fixated on something that isn't real. 

I finally watched 38 & 39 and ED screwed up big time. She should not have said a word because now MH is going to WORK REALLY HARD TO GET RID OF ED. Now she will definitely ruin her image in front of the Chairman Han by trying to frame and hurt ED. She will be so furious with her brother and nephew. She will also find out he is the cause why  Tae In decided not to marry her daughter. What she doesn't know is that  DS is HJH's mom. Now JoonHyuk is trying to find out DS's secret. I bet you he will be the one to let HJH know the truth. Once that happen he will hate TI and his mom so much. DS will beg everyone to keep what happened in the past a secret until he finds out that his grandfather is the one who took him from his mother. THen HJH will start to hate CHairman Han and blame him for his miserable existence. Blah Blah Blah.

• Like 5

thanks for sharing @shana0127, very interesting view of tae in; this is what I mean by how our personal likes, personality and experiences impact the kind of ship we choose. :) regardless of the pairing of this drama, I just want it to be a bit more logical written than gracious revenge. LOL. there, the female lead tried to kill him and he forgave her even before they left the hospital. I was laughing when his mom was eye rolling and face palming and he kept saying "but mom, I love her!" :lol:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shana0127 said:

TI father keeps mentioning this as how TI had hard life with poor parents who could not support him financially in his career and always dragged him down with their illness and background. So this made TI fight for himself alone .He could not talk his problem with his own parents. His father had heart problems and his mother though loving was not psychologically strong.He had seen her attempting suicide and remember how he handed that cup of coffee to her when she sat there trembling .He was always caring and empathetic. So he would always keep things to himself rather then worry his weak  parents .Even HW was fed up with his weak parents and his overprotective ness towards them

That is how I see him and thank you for putting it in best description. Haven’t you noticed latterly @Lmangla TI looks so miserable because everyone is pulling him in different sides. @shana0127 DS isn’t mentally strong and that  may have been one of the reason TI made that deal. Some may disagree but I remember her reaction when hubby almost died. She looked so broken. When hubby was about to die, DS was so scared, remember the scene when she begged OHW to save her husband . She had  her hand in a prayer pose . She looked so very vulnerable. What Tae In did was wrong and now he is paying for it. I think with HJH , she may get stronger , with ED she will become stronger. She needs more support and have people cheering her up to make her finally fight to fight for both of her sons.

I finally watched the preview, why does Ed turn awaY from TI. 

@maribella You ship will sail. Was will use HJH for her goals. I bet you 

lol  I also watching Once Again. I only post my opinion and no one hardly likes my post. I am good . Just comment what you want and be happy. You may have some like minded people. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f291b7f07ab75711d07b2

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

kekeke.. @UnniSarah ~ honestly, this is basically me while watching: eating-popcorn-smiley-emoticon-1.gif... just laughing and enjoying the smackdowns. LOL. so I am not really that attached to any of the characters to the point where I would feel sorry for them. what I like about most of the characters in this drama including tae in and jun hyuk crocodile is that they own the decision they make, good or bad. no excuses and no sob stories. so it makes it fun to watch all these characters fight and squabble with each other. am basically laughing or giggling in every episode. ^_^.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke.. @UnniSarah ~ honestly, this is basically me while watching: eating-popcorn-smiley-emoticon-1.gif... just laughing and enjoying the smackdowns. LOL. so I am not really that attached to any of the characters to the point where I would feel sorry for them. what I like about most of the characters in this drama including tae in and jun hyuk crocodile is that they own the decision they make, good or bad. no excuses and no sob stories. so it makes it fun to watch all these characters fight and squabble with each other. am basically laughing or giggling in every episode. ^_^.

@Lmangla  We can’t let other stop is from enjoying a drama. This forum is for all the viewers find common ground to discuss what we like, what we hope to happen, what can happen and enjoy it. 
i sometime drop a drama when there is to much dragging when it doesn’t make sense to me.  Then I come back once there are LOTS OF FACE SLAP AND WATCHING THE VILLAIN GET THEIR KARMA. That is what really makes love Kdrama.  Lol 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, shana0127 said:

@Saja La control , dear control:D, are not we TI fans we must take those lessons ,he gives to ED.

This will be my last post for this k-drama, even thou i do like some of u guys a lot , you incl, i no longer want to be here anymore.... Take care, and i'll apologies for those who were hurt by whatever i wrote. 

To my chingus, take care, maybe i'll see you guys at other sites non-scompi.... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I finally watched the preview, why does Ed turn awaY from TI. 

@maribella You ship will sail. Was will use HJH for her goals. I bet you 

lol  I also watching Once Again. I only post my opinion and no one hardly likes my post. I am good . Just comment what you want and be happy. You may have some like minded people. 

:) who knows what the writer has in mind. But if you had watched the Promise, the FL married the brother of her mortal enemy so she could use him, so did the FL in tears of heaven , so we may get this 'using' stuff. Then ED would have to unmarry if the writer wants TI-ED couple, :( so messy.

Edit: @UnniSarah I do comment on the drama and the comments often do not agree with others' but I keep it on the drama, not whether someone is right or wrong or get personal. Maybe I should ignore it, if it wasn't aimed at me.  :confused:

aahh busybody me....

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Saja La said:

This will be my last post for this k-drama, even thou i do like some of u guys a lot , you incl, i no longer want to be here anymore.... Take care, and i'll apologies for those who were hurt by whatever i wrote. 

To my chingus, take care, maybe i'll see you guys at other sites non-scompi.... 

Arrr  no no don't leave ,I mean let's leave together:). Our ship is not sailing anyway. But wait ,I am On this forum coz you keep motivating , else taking 40 episodes of crap with no TI ED ship in view would never have been possible. It is fun to have you around.All you have to do is control that ED like emotion outbursts . Look now even ED is learning :D

Saw today's I am in depression need @LeftCoastOppa @UnniSarah @Saja La @yukiyukiku support now . 

TI-SJ marriage broke and the ring that SJ threw will soon be used by HJ H to put in ED finger. :(.Bu hooo No No No.:lol:

@maribella I fear the scenarios you mentioned ,I don't want that to happen . Using marriage to revenge is so old style .I am bored with those extra marital things which Choi side will use to break HJ H - ED, in case they marry. Instead I want ED to use Chairman Han and HJ H love to make her own position in company and let CJH and SJ sabotage their  never happening marriage.TI till then can  keep busy with his lawyer friend chasing  Hospital Chairman .

I mean my ideas of Chandelier fall can still be used to hospitalise ED TI together . Man I am so obsessed with hospital scenario right !

• Like 4

@shana0127... I feel you and I am not surprised at all. Remember they ruined her life and hurt her. She is still in so much pain since she lost her father. All these nouveau riche , believes the world owes them. They have no respect for hurting the lower class because of their inferiority of the people who are better than them. 
I am here for you 

• Like 5

woahh, what happened here? hope everything is okay now. 

Btw, I am on eps 37.. so many things to catch up.

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

am expecting hye won to fake a pregnancy or do the ultimate blame -- falls over herself and then say eun dong caused her miscarriage.

Oh my oh my.. did you read my mind? I am thinking the same.

Anyway, just a short clip from tonight episode. Like always, you can watch more on KBS Drama youtube channel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@shana0127 let's hope the writer reads our comments and not use cliched plots.  There is a new one with Li Yoo Ri queen of revenge, she marries a man who has adopted her daughter so that she could be the girl's stepmother. So that's a twist to the old plot. There are  many more episodes, so we will get twists and turns, we can be sure of that.

I still think EC is one of the main characters' kid.  Just one of the twists that I expect to happen.

edit: just watched ep 40 raw, if you are annoyed with DS, you have to keep doing it. The preview for tomorrow showed her down on her knees in front of MH.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, maribella said:

There is a new one with Li Yoo Ri queen of revenge, she marries a man who has adopted her daughter so that she could be the girl's stepmother.

oooh what's the name of this? when is it airing?

1 hour ago, gutibear said:
5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

am expecting hye won to fake a pregnancy or do the ultimate blame -- falls over herself and then say eun dong caused her miscarriage.

Oh my oh my.. did you read my mind? I am thinking the same.

yea, I expect her to do something rather than admit she is infertile and not pregnant to her in-laws. so obvious target is eun dong. it seems to be her go-to target to deflect attention from herself...

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@shana0127... I feel you and I am not surprised at all. Remember they ruined her life and hurt her. She is still in so much pain since she lost her father. All these nouveau riche , believes the world owes them. They have no respect for hurting the lower class because of their inferiority of the people who are better than them. 
I am here for you 

thats why I like the idea of her marrying ji hoon; basically she gets to control her own fate rather than wait for tae in to move the chess pieces. tae in's hands are tied because of his parents and he will never able to make bold moves. whereas eun dong has nothing to lose and so she is a lot more fearless. it will be hilarious to see all the reactions of these people who hurt her life when she is in power. it will be like a modern version of a saeguki! tae in can be the general; ji hoon the prince while eun dong is the queen.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1