[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

1 hour ago, maribella said:

That would shorten the series if HJH killed himself. We had a dead body in the beginning, why couldn't we have one in the middle?  
Ok let's say HJH can turn up at ED's doorstep smiling after a colossal rejection and he does not notice HM who is  standing under the porch. He thinks' why is this ajumma blocking the entrance?'.  

next episode .....

I doubt one more body would shorten the series even if it was HJH's - I'm actually surprised no one else has turned up dead yet.

I'm sure that if ED were to leave him at the alter that he'd blow by just about anybody standing on the porch, but after 3 or 4 episodes the reality that TI & EDs smoldering love will not be denied will begin to sink in ..... and THAT is when the little jailbird will pounce - With an incredible financing offer, on an accu pressure bed from HJHs moms store - for which ..... HM will be giving a lengthy, private, at home, demonstration :wub::lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

41 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I doubt one more body would shorten the series even if it was HJH's - I'm actually surprised no one else has turned up dead yet.

I'm sure that if ED were to leave him at the alter that he'd blow by just about anybody standing on the porch, but after 3 or 4 episodes the reality that TI & EDs smoldering love will not be denied will begin to sink in ..... and THAT is when the little jailbird will pounce - With an incredible financing offer, on an accu pressure bed from HJHs moms store - for which ..... HM will be giving a lengthy, private, at home, demonstration :wub::lol:

The show's plot revolves around conflicts between TI and CJH, HJH is in all the conflicts except the heart transplant part. If he is killed off now the conflicts hang. Now killing off a minor role , I have a suggestion.. :rolleyes: 

He was smiling when ED rejected him twice, he'll do it again now.  Besides there is still SJ. If her mother botches up, she 'll be all alone and we know TI cannot resist a damsel in distress. So the pairings are not a done deal.

a private home demo :joy:  :joy::joy:

You are hopelessly attached to Ms HM, I am not going near her again @LeftCoastOppa home demo....:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

9 minutes ago, maribella said:

The show's plot revolves around conflicts between TI and CJH, HJH is in all the conflicts except the heart transplant part. If he is killed off now the conflicts hang. Now killing off a minor role , I have a suggestion.. :rolleyes: 

He was smiling when ED rejected him twice, he'll do it again now.  Besides there is still SJ. If her mother botches up, she 'll be all alone and we know TI cannot resist a damsel in distress. So the pairings are not a done deal.

a private home demo :joy:  :joy::joy:

Fair points - but I would offer that the conflict between TI & HJH is essentially one sided HJH to TI

TI has promised Chairman Han to protect HJH and I am confident he will honor that commitment - So while I'm sure it annoys the hell out of TI that HJH is after ED, if anything happens it will be driven by ED or HJHs actions not TIs

Slim to None is the chance SJ has of wooing TI back - Yes, TI would help her if she was in dire straits, but there would be no overnight stays in the hospital with SJ, nor would he buy her a pair of ugly shoes - Now if she resists the pull of MH and the darkside, and she can stop herself from becoming psychotic then maybe just maybe there's a chance ... I'll give it 2% ... and thats generous

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

You guys are heartless. Only one like to my overnight rambling :crazy:.Am depressed . 

Btw why kill HJH  ?  The scenario does not mean HJ H ED ship sank , you can keep it moving till the end.  TI has enough ladies and gentlemen to sabotage his future relationship with ED,  even if both are head over heels in love. ED will keep commuting between Ti  HJ H   every now and then when she will be hunted down by her chain of enemies . Well that is why girl developed cold feets in church , she had all her enemies in line waiting to pounce .  Who would like to be lady Macbeth's  prey ?

If TI were in church the girl would have had taken HJ H . But the guy was enjoying his peaceful time at lake while she was dashing right into enemy territory! 

We all know ED will choose HJ H initially only for revenge , how can you expect her to do it knowing TI is at peace! The girl dropped herself on TI right at the moment he thought he was redeemed.

@LeftCoastOppa humm HM on wheels would have had saved ED running her breath out. Ye  a loophole. Gracious revenge had total my type storyline but but but I could not digest that baby face Ajushi the  first ML. I had second lead syndrome in that drama and stopped following it after they started giving long eye locks between ML and FL even though FL stabbed him in next scene :wacko:. At least give me a handsome ML to watch that crap. !!

To me ML FL matter a lot along with story and revenge drama are my Genera . I am watching Fatal promise just coz of Park Haha and Ko Sewon and their  melancholic relationship. 

To me Ko Sewon has aged well . He looked damn cute flower boy in his initial drama. I loved him and slowly he aged into a handsome man , totally my type:D. Park Hana  I always liked her in spite of her small eyes ,she has cute face . She has grown plump but it is kind of good cause when cute actresses grow old they  often workout thin and end up looking gaunt ,not everybody can be classic Jang Nara.If love Hans when she plays bratty positive . 

Won't talk about HJ H , I have a history of bad experience with that guy. He always gives hard time to my leads :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, gutibear said:

Lol @maribella, please be nice to HJH. My ship only has 15% chance of survival at this stage. Seriously, with HJH personality, his killing himself is so unlikely :).

@LeftCoastOppa it just me wanting everyone except the Chois to have a happy ending. :D

I want a dead body to perk things up, not HJH for me.

@LeftCoastOppa  thinks it won't affect the show.  I preferred someone  dead.  If ED humiliated him at the altar according to @shana0127's story, wouldn't he be suicidal? He has been in love with her since he was rescued by her father. That's a long time. :cry: I am happy to see Robot man with any woman, he deserves someone. After all he is the 'protector', he protects his stepmum, ED, Papa. 

@shana0127among ED, HW, SJ,JK and HM, who do you think is the prettiest?

• Like 3

Uh excuse me? ... I didn't start the conversation of HJH dying

6 hours ago, maribella said:

Poor guy will be seen near the Han river, with a few bottles of soju. Maybe his last drink.

@gutibear and @Lmangla  If HJH kills himself, no ED-TI pairing either I think.

to which I replied in part ...

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Whoa! - I'm not even a fan of the guy but I've got enough faith in him not to off himself over being left at the alter - Would he be upset? Of course ..... Would he be suicidal? ..... a resounding NO. 

Further - you started the speculation that if HJH died it would shorten the show ....

4 hours ago, maribella said:

That would shorten the series if HJH killed himself.

To which I simply responded...

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So for the sake of clarity - Despite his obvious feelings for ED, and regardless of his sincerity, I do not see HJH and ED ending the drama as anything more than friends. While HJH is not a favorite character of mine, I am not in any way wishing for or promoting his demise

LCO

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@maribella I come from a country where people are naturally born with large eyes , I am so used to them that big eyes are never my criteria of beauty.I

To me  ED is most beautiful of all  .I have watched her drama since her early twenties . She grew up well,   is  still beautiful  and thankfully she does not have that sticky shiny  face ! She exudes  bratty attitude which somehow I like.

SJ is young,  has model figure,  good wardrobe (coz she is playing rich) but beautiful well no not for me.

HW  she is turning gaunt and old . She looked far better in her older dramas . To me she seems malnourished !

JK is beautiful, sadly she seems to get lowest attention from her stylist , her dresses don't fit her at all ! Still she has possibilities.

HM! No comments ,I dislike her sticky shiny  makeup . She  just has average look s and acting. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, shana0127 said:

@maribella I come from a country where people are naturally born with large eyes , I am so used to them that big eyes are never my criteria of beauty.I

To me  ED is most beautiful of all  .I have watched her drama since her early twenties . She grew up well,   is  still beautiful  and thankfully she does not have that sticky shiny  face ! She exudes  bratty attitude which somehow I like.

SJ is young,  has model figure,  good wardrobe (coz she is playing rich) but beautiful well no not for me.

HW  she is turning gaunt and old . She looked far better in her older dramas . To me she seems malnourished !

JK is beautiful, sadly she seems to get lowest attention from her stylist , her dresses don't fit her at all ! Still she has possibilities.

HM! No comments ,I dislike her sticky shiny  makeup . She  just has average look s and acting. 

i was just wondering since you had commented on Park's small eyes. I think her attraction is a pouty thick lips. I don't find her pretty but she looks 'together'. Some actors and actresses  have such high straight noses more than Caucasians that they look weird to me. Ha Ji Won for example has average eyes, nice little nose, average lips but the features match. Maybe there are Koreans with naturally high straight nose, just my ignorance.

Psst.. I think HW has a delicate look and she is more suited as a protected wife. Unfortunately, she has to be an antagonist so she needs to snarl and yell, not as well as MH. She is the same age as Park Hana but you are right , she looks old.

SJ has big eyes and she is really playing it up, I was thinking it can be quite tiring to keep wide-eyed most of the time. :D

Yeah the others...I agree.

@chococarmela I found a another revenge show Return of Hwang Geum Bok but no videos, just reading the excellent recaps by Soompi posts.

p/s sorry @chococarmela   the series seem to degenerate halfway but those who had been watching stuck to it to the bitter end. 81 pages. i skipped many pages of posts. i am ready for fatal promise to make me want to pull my hair. The writer is the same.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

I looked it up and it’s un-subbed on most websites...

True, I only found the raw videos but I read the recaps in Soompi forum. I didn't read all but enough to get the story.

I think we will get some unexpected twists from this writer. The show I mentioned ended up with the FL marrying her first love, which is unusual in kdrama. So we may get Dim Sum- Chairman couple. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Kocowa has it subbed, I will just say that MH is going to get what she deserves tomorrow because it looks like the chairman has a heart attack. The chairman is still standing strong n TI's corner. TI is going to throw caution to the wind and be dangerous next episode. Hyuk think he has the upper hand but in reality, TI has all the cards and upper hand.

MH is one-dimensional and completely predictable. She had her normal yelling routine.

• Like 3

The whole corporate fight should start soon.

I find it a rather boring filler episode. Read on if you want spoilers.

Last episode had MH stewing in her car watching her enemy camp leave ED's house. That idiotic look on Dim Sum's face made me want to kick her. 
MH barged into ED's house with her driver/bodyguard. Yes, the house has a doorbell but sadly no lock.

She demanded to know what HJH was doing there with TI's parents. I am getting to like ED, even her fish mouth is not bothering me. She hit back at MH word for word and stood her ground. Attagirl. HJH came in (he left his phone) telling his stepmother, yes he was going to bring ED into his 'home'. End of scene.

Next few scenes had MH meeting the board members, turned out she is a director but I think without executive power, it did not stop her from meddling, demanding CJH's disciplinary action cancelled. Chairman summoned her to his office telling her she had no authority to meet the board. So she threw back at him asking how he could trust TI and made a grand exit. The Chairman is not a man of great acumen or action.

There are a lot if filler scenes. MH instructed CJH to start her 'take down TI-ED' plan. TI was in a tizzy, if a robot could do that :D, another showed him replaying the scenes and I am sure it was to show him thinking and planning, looked robotic. He had told his lawyer friend Chang Wook Dim Sum's secret! And thank goodness CW texted ED to be aware of her situation.

They were all converging to some point which I have not figured out till now. CJH had passed the recording to the Chairman and he was crushed. TI walked into his office too late. Chairman brushed past him with a 'look'. HW was summoned by MH to stop ED from revealing her family's dastardly act of stealing 'the heart'. End of episode. HW and ED had words, ED telling HW to own up, they were grappling in front of a lift which opened to the Chairman who should have  a 'look' but he looked quite normal.

The interesting thing about this episode was the 'watershed scenes'. HW was ready for a surgery but MH summoned her. After initial objection, she obviously passed it to another doctor. SJ met TI again threatening to reveal documents which I guess were evidence of his plans in the US to take down the Chairman. He advised her stop it. 
The preview showed MH still on her mission to steal the company and bring down TI and allies.

Dim Sum still needed a backbone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Karma with a swag:glasses:

TI rocked  , CJH shocked !!!!!

@UnniSarah can please make GIF where lift door opens and TI enters the lift ....that camera focus when he opens his eyes ....It was damn swaggy

Edited by shana0127
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@shana0127 I HAVE A MAJOR CRUSH ON KANG TAE IN . I love MOODY , BROODY MAN IN KDRAMA LAND.  Smh smh 

I will do it. Do you want it with or without Subs

Me too me too :wub:

Without subs.From 0:51 to 0:58 in YouTube video that I shared. It has all TI swag that we love:blush:

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 2