[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

So happy that tvN granted the viewers' wish... Now I know they read the comments on their ig. :wub:

I'll definitely watch this so glad there are sweet moments. :love:   Hope there will be more sweet moments than their sad moments together.

So thankful to the subber. :w00t:

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 4

How very very exciting!:w00t: There seems to be many sweet moments between Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won:wub: and a plot that’s unpredictable :rolleyes:! Can’t wait ...

link to  The full eng sub from  gunman: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CAxPCF6J8sh/?igshid=15e6jxfz1w0mf

sooo looking forward to July!

Oops , sorry didn’t see the sub is already posted by beyaruth , thank you!Got too excited:P

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@Jillia  So many updates. Thanks. I like the genre. I like the actors and I'm excited.  Is this pre produced or live shoot?

I like LSG too  but  excited to see Moon Chae Won back again in dramaland. I like her.

@thistle we know how it is with drama. There's shocker or twist or it wanes . Hope they will be end game :D

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Why am I so excited about this drama? I love thrillers and suspenseful stories, but they say it's a melodrama....

I will need to get tissues ready because I am scared this story will break my heart.... :bawling: I'm ready for it!

@Sushimi New video is out. Check it out. :kiss_wink:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, Jillia said:

in times of Corona they have to take care of cast and crew safety, so filming might be slower.

I'm thinking that it could also have taken longer in production due to any action scenes because those take lots of extra preparation and care so that everyone stays safe.  LSG is so good at the action stuff; I'm looking forward to that.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Have high expectations from this drama. Been waiting for Lee Joongi since Scarlet Heart didn't watch Lawless Lawyer because I didn't find the plot that interesting. I loved Moon Chaewon in Innocent Man so looking forward to her too. It's like a gathering of one of my two favorite actors :lol: Please be good.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, triplem said:

yes, yes  I am trying to work out  a redemption arc for him even before the drama has started :lol:

Thank goodness for that!  I feel better now.  :D :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

@triplem @Sushimi @Jillia I think it's quite interesting that this drama is generating so much buzz in beforehand. I think the plot line sounds very interesting on paper, and that's why many are already this invested in the drama. :D 

Anyway, I tend to agree that we can't yet be certain that Baek Hee Sung is a psychopath, but he for sure has a brutal past. What I found interesting in the script reading video is the part where he says:

"I'm the person who shows her only what she wants to see in me."

I am pretty sure that this story will be a true melodrama, because it's evident that he has spun up a lie and he hides his real self from his wife. He is like an actor in the marriage. I am sure that he loves his wife very much, but he is not true to her.

It must be quite exhausting for him to play that part - but I assume he does it because the reward is that he feels accepted and loved.

What fascinates me, is that she might not be fully herself towards him either, because she probably deep down knows that not everything is at it seems...?

So when the truth starts coming out little by little, it's going to be heart breaking for both of them. Question is will they want to be together anymore once they show their true selves to each other?

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

Whenever I hear the words "the flowers of evil" I inevitably think of Baudelaire's Le Fleurs de Mal (poems about decadence and eroticism, basically championing the evil that people can do), and I kinda hope that the poems and the drama have no connection.  :o  Just wondering if anyone has mentioned?

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

On 5/30/2020 at 9:15 AM, partyon said:

@triplem @Sushimi @Jillia I think it's quite interesting that this drama is generating so much buzz in beforehand. I think the plot line sounds very interesting on paper, and that's why many are already this invested in the drama. :D 

Anyway, I tend to agree that we can't yet be certain that Baek Hee Sung is a psychopath, but he for sure has a brutal past. What I found interesting in the script reading video is the part where he says:

"I'm the person who shows her only what she wants to see in me."

I am pretty sure that this story will be a true melodrama, because it's evident that he has spun up a lie and he hides his real self from his wife. He is like an actor in the marriage. I am sure that he loves his wife very much, but he is not true to her.

It must be quite exhausting for him to play that part - but I assume he does it because the reward is that he feels accepted and loved.

What fascinates me, is that she might not be fully herself towards him either, because she probably deep down knows that not everything is at it seems...?

So when the truth starts coming out little by little, it's going to be heart breaking for both of them. Question is will they want to be together anymore once they show their true selves to each other?

I agree with this wholeheartedly...

• Like 3
  • Love 2

wow :Dwe are getting closer and closer to finaly realese the trailer,...right now iam confused if baekheesung is a paychopath or not?,..and i also want a happy ending because this couple are so charming and so much feels ,..their chemistry is explosive,...staring each other and lots of talking make my heart jump,...i hope the writer make the story a twist of happy ending......while iam waiting. i enjoy watching their bts moments again and again,..so much happiness:wub::wub:

thank you all for every latest update....hoping for more promotion and photoshoot coming Screenshot-20200602-005656-1.jpg

• Like 11

what if maybe he is not a psychopath ,maybe they just believe he is a psycho but the truth he is not just because he kill someone brutaly in the past and not know what the reason,...baek hee sung change his identity to hide his brutal past so he lie to his wife because he really love his wife and want to protect her...in my own thoughts,...flower of evil is so intriguing

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jazz85 said:

what if maybe he is not a psychopath ,maybe they just believe he is a psycho but the truth he is not just because he kill someone brutaly in the past and not know what the reason,...baek hee sung change his identity to hide his brutal past so he lie to his wife because he really love his wife and want to protect her...in my own thoughts,...flower of evil is so intriguing

Yes, so many ‘ifs’ and ‘ maybe’, as  PDnim said:” the story is completely unpredictable, you can’t guess who the characters really are...”:rolleyes:

Coming soon - Flower of Evil!:w00t:

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Am I only one who actually wants him to to be a cruel psychopath? :mellow: I think him being innocent and misunderstood will be little bit less interesting. It's not very common in Kdramas for the male leads in melodramas to be dark. I hope that he actually used to kill people but stopped due to some reason (maybe related to Cha Jiwon *romantic me* :lol:) and started to live like a normal person.

I don't why I have this weird obsession with male leads who are bad and ruthless but is very gentle and sweet to the female lead :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2