[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

2 hours ago, pompyavi said:

That is from the long trailer aka highlights. Seeing the scale, it pretty much looks like SDJ is no more. :bawling:

That scene and the number of search party along with the crowd of reporters shows it belongs to a high profile case. And which case can be more high profile than the abduction/murder of a prosecutor. I had voted that SDJ is dead in polls while hoping he would not be. I did so because given the amount of time passed, and no proper demand from kidnappers it would be more than possible for to be dead. Hopefully he is not, I really did start liking him in this season. 

Whenever any drama with similar genre starts, I usually try to see who has death flags over their heads and sometimes even start guessing it in first episode itself. I knew that SDJ was getting too involved in digging those cases, but I really thought that he had the best survival skills among all characters in the drama. Let's see what happens. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

The reason I think he did it is because he is from rich family. Remember they concluded that they have kept SDJ in an isolated place in home with its own garage/parking. Have a wooden floor. He was wronged by the police, got his chief demoted, but the guy who stood for him (who also looked close to him), dies suddenly due to suicide. Chances are they kept in touch too. Now he sees case closing as suicide. Holds grudge against police. Sees prosecution re-investigating it now, but for their own gains, which makes him realize that the prosecution could also have done something back then, but didn't do it. That's why I thought about him.

It is definitely a police or one of their family members. 

Eh3W4M6VgAEkcB6?format=jpg&name=large

Initially I thought that the angry chief might be thinking how him and CB were in same position and now he is lower than her. But this scene actually give out hints. Notice the number of flowers in CB's uniform. 

Eh3WX_nUMAALOTv?format=jpg&name=large

Eh3WXoyVoAE5EmG?format=jpg&name=large

It has to be someone who is Choi Yoon Soo's rank or their family member

Thing is though.  Remember how we were wondering if the guy who was blindfolded was SDJ?  He didn’t have his tie on?  Then he cops a beating for trying to escape?  The tie in the photo was bloodied.  Did the culprit just use the tie he had taken off DJ (and kept) to smear his blood onto it before taking the pic?

I find it very hard to believe it was one of the Segok Police.  It’s far too risky kidnapping a Prosecutor.  SM was already digging into their case and they pretty much had it under control.  Everyone was playing their part and their stories were cohesive.  Kidnapping SDJ (or worse still killing him) would just throw a spanner in the works?  It would turn up unnecessary heat?

I think the watch is planted.  Whoever is behind it has a grudge on the whole system.  Not just the Prosecution.  But the Police as well.  Kidnapping SDJ would rehash all his double dealing from LCJ’s days and would smear the Prosecution in the eyes of the public.  Throwing shade on the Police as potential suspects (someone - probably the culprit, leaked the info about Baek being investigated as a suspect) would smear the reputation of the Force as well. Neither are better than the other.  Both are just as bad.

Questions

1. I still think DJ is going to come out of this alive somehow.  He’s a survivor.  Where’s his boss by the way?  The one who asked him to be a driver?  This is a big case?  I find it strange that everyone in the office is being questioned but his boss is nowhere to be seen?

2. Also doesn’t DJ have 2 boys?  Why was there only one with his mother as they watched TV?  Was the other at cram school or something?

3. PGS’s wife didn’t let SM into the apartment when he visited.  Then a baby/child started to cry in the background during questioning?  A grandchild she’s minding maybe?  Why would she not let SM into the apartment then?  Unless the child is with her mother?  And she didn’t want SM to make the links?

4. The VIP that PGS was meeting was likely Dir Park from Hanjo?  Hanjo was trying to recruit him like they did Oh.  DJ said (at his meeting with Lee YeonJae and Dir Park) that it was weird that PGS had alcohol in his blood because he didn’t drink.  But Dir Park interjected that he did drink and that he had met with PGS?  Which confused DJ.  According to DJ, PGS bragged about Hanjo’s recruitment to his family (PGS’s wife told DJ).  PGS’s brother was having financial problems (his secretary told SM).   His recruitment wasn’t “legal” so it wasn’t something he should’ve been telling anyone.  WTH knows something about this because he jumped when SM mentioned Hanjo.

5. the dad of Tongyeong drowning case seems pretty angry?  And he had wooden floors in his house?

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I think the watch is planted.  Whoever is behind it has a grudge on the whole system.

Even I had the same doubt but in that case wouldn't the kidnapper make it more obvious. Like they had to go to forensics to analyze that. What if they didn't have it analyzed?

19 minutes ago, nrllee said:

And she didn’t want SM to make the links?

She was the one who directed him to her husband's secretary and said she would have many things to tell

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Even I had the same doubt but in that case wouldn't the kidnapper make it more obvious. Like they had to go to forensics to analyze that. What if they didn't have it analyzed?

Because if they made it too obvious (like had his hand in the photo with the watch), it would be too “obvious” and Police/Prosecutors would suspect foul play?  The perpetrator had to string them along to take both Prosecution and Police Force down together?  Don’t know.  Pure speculation on my part.  But if this is the case, then it can’t be your petty criminal with a grudge.  It has to be someone with knowledge but holds a deep seated resentment.  Like Yoon from S1.  To plan it meticulously? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Thing is though.  Remember how we were wondering if the guy who was blindfolded was SDJ?  He didn’t have his tie on?  Then he cops a beating for trying to escape?  The tie in the photo was bloodied.  Did the culprit just use the tie he had taken off DJ (and kept) to smear his blood onto it before taking the pic?

I find it very hard to believe it was one of the Segok Police.  It’s far too risky kidnapping a Prosecutor.  SM was already digging into their case and they pretty much had it under control.  Everyone was playing their part and their stories were cohesive.  Kidnapping SDJ (or worse still killing him) would just throw a spanner in the works?  It would turn up unnecessary heat?

I think the watch is planted.  Whoever is behind it has a grudge on the whole system.  Not just the Prosecution.  But the Police as well.  Kidnapping SDJ would rehash all his double dealing from LCJ’s days and would smear the Prosecution in the eyes of the public.  Throwing shade on the Police as potential suspects (someone - probably the culprit, leaked the info about Baek being investigated as a suspect) would smear the reputation of the Force as well. Neither are better than the other.  Both are just as bad.

Questions

1. I still think DJ is going to come out of this alive somehow.  He’s a survivor.  Where’s his boss by the way?  The one who asked him to be a driver?  This is a big case?  I find it strange that everyone in the office is being questioned but his boss is nowhere to be seen?

2. Also doesn’t DJ have 2 boys?  Why was there only one with his mother as they watched TV?  Was the other at cram school or something?

3. PGS’s wife didn’t let SM into the apartment when he visited.  Then a baby/child started to cry in the background during questioning?  A grandchild she’s minding maybe?  Why would she not let SM into the apartment then?  Unless the child is with her mother?  And she didn’t want SM to make the links?

4. The VIP that PGS was meeting was likely Dir Park from Hanjo?  Hanjo was trying to recruit him like they did Oh.  DJ said (at his meeting with Lee YeonJae and Dir Park) that it was weird that PGS had alcohol in his blood because he didn’t drink.  But Dir Park interjected that he did drink and that he had met with PGS?  Which confused DJ.  According to DJ, PGS bragged about Hanjo’s recruitment to his family (PGS’s wife told DJ).  PGS’s brother was having financial problems (his secretary told SM).   His recruitment wasn’t “legal” so it wasn’t something he should’ve been telling anyone.  WTH knows something about this because he jumped when SM mentioned Hanjo.

5. the dad of Tongyeong drowning case seems pretty angry?  And he had wooden floors in his house?

Okay so for the tie being smeared in blood and sent to the police. But again, they could use like many things to do it. Why not just use his ring, or something more distinct which could be more identifiable as SDJ's stuff. Anyway, but well the wife confirmed it was his and lets go on with it for now. 

Now if the anyone from Segok Station officers is really involved, I think it is their team leader along with a couple of other team members who are out or all of them who are out. Why? I have this theory which I am sure many have that the team leader is the actual leader and he was the frontman in Sgt Song Ki Hyun's suicide looking murder. Now there is no doubt that their plan was very well planned and so they all got away with it. We have also seen all the team members defending their team leader and so he was the only one who got away with it. Now what if the team leader once came with an elaborate plan to get rid of the prosecutor. You see, there would be suspicions on them, but same was the case with Song Ki Hyun's death, it came to light he was investigating them, but nothing happened. 

So the team leader came up with the plan to kidnap him and silence him. Chances are SDJ had found some evidence and contacted him for that. They abducted him, then the way that guy blindfolded man was hit with the chair or crowbar, to me it would seem like he was not live, and if it was SDJ, killed him like that. Now since the prosecutor is kidnapped it is a high profile case, but their plan was working, they very easily just y sending that photo proved that it was done by someone who knew him and had a long time grudge on him. Everything was going good, until well the digital forensics made trouble for them.

Plus the watch being a planted is a possibility, but not anyone can have those watches. As @pompyavi pointed out the watch had flowers, which tells the rank, so it must be someone having same rank as Choi Yoon Soo whose rank is Captain I think which is the same as Segok Station's team leader's rank. So they must be having same watch. So if the watch is planted, someone needs to have that watch to plant it. So it could be that, they didn't really realize that in that darkness the watch could be seen or even didn't know he was wearing the watch. Plus we see that guy going somewhere holding a crowbar in the next episode's preview. We'll have to see how things start unfolding. Otherwise it needs to be someone from the police family.

Now coming to the answers to some of your questions 

1. I checked about the night he went to bring his boss and co from the bar. He was wearing different tie and so it happened on different day. His boss is not questioned, but he was being informed about SM taking up the case and to cooperate with him.

2. About the 2 kids, I think it was showed that both kids go to cram school or academy on different times. Using this idea, Jang Gun was able to raise a question on his wife's alibi being fake. 

3. PSG's wife had told SM that she has got guests and thus she is meeting him outside. We know that Woo Tae Ha had met the day before and told her certain things. From her answers it was evident that she was not in the to cooperate. Her answers about him drinking completely contradictory to the answers of secretary and also to the info which SDJ had given about him not drinking. And yes, she didn't want SM to make much links, was giving vague answers.

4.Could be he was meeting Director Park from Hanjo group, and there is high chance that he was killed by LYJ's brother who wants to be the ultimate power in Hanjo group. Plus WTH not only knows things, he and Choi Bit are directly involved in that case. You see them getting more anxious as SM is digging deeper in that case. Burying the case is the least they have done in PGS's death. 

5. Dad of the Tongyeon had wooden floor, but that could be a red herring. He is among the suspects as they have been showing him a lot of times when the case is discussed along with showing the Segok Detectives. 

Now my question is what is the chances that Woo Tae Ha has planted the fake witness? He should have got some idea about the inconsistencies of alibi of one of the Segok Station officers and is trying to use the fake witness to bring the police force down and let the prosecution have the upper hand in investigative rights. We know he and Choi Bit are together in PGS's case, but they'll definitely stab each other in the back for the investigative rights. I myself am not sure about this theory, but there is a high chance that the witness is fake. Who planted him will be a question, but chances are it is WTH, tough I think someone else doing it has a higher chance. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Now my question is what is the chances that Woo Tae Ha has planted the fake witness? 

The witness is definitely fake. It is being planted by WTH. He visited the scene and saw there were no cameras. On top of that he has criminal record. Also, from Shimok and Yeo Jin's simulation there has to be an accomplice unless the kidnapper is well built like the angry chief. How could he put SDJ in the car trunk alone. On the basis of the witness, he saw the kidnapper carrying putting someone in trunk in a different car. In that case either the kidnapper came with his own car or came with SDJ. The car being parked like that doesn't make sense then. Because if SDJ was supposed to meet him, he would park his car properly 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

I could guess Yoon was the culprit they said He had a son who passed away from an accident last season.

But this season, I have absolutely no ideas AT ALL. All theories seem plausible. The message could be from the kidnapper or could be fabricated to put a blame in the police. 
My top suspect is director Park as he is the one who gets all insight info about Hanjo, Police and Prosecutor. He knows DJ, dead prosecutor Park and he lied about his alcohol tolerance; he called DJ on the same night. don’t know about his motive but they often focus on his expression. 
I am worried, can the writer pull it off with just 6 episodes left? 

• Like 10

I think the watch is planted as well. How on earth would the culprit be able to take a picture and be able to get his watch in it? And not QC properly before you want to send it off. It is like you just want to push everything to the cops. And how does Hanjo tie into all these?? We only know hanjo had ties with the dead park gwangsu chief prosecutor. I wonder why Lee seung jae (LYH's brother) hasnt appeared much though he is supposed to play a bigger role in S2. Why would Hanjo have to kill PGS just because he told people that he was helping Hanjo? What shady deal did he make with Hanjo and WTH, CB to drag everyone in the mud with his death? Why is his wife covering up as well, did WTH threaten her? Who is the baby with PGS's wife? How are we doing to tie up everything in 6 eps and still give us sufficient SM YJ time! 

S2 is mind boggling! I am still waiting on our Ah-Ha moment where things get clearer! 

• Like 8

I keep thinking  everything  is dummy  of dummy  

What if it all start from small  accident  and cause there so many involved  and so many has things to hide and other choice silence  it become this mess 

What if SDJ  attacker in the street isnt the same one who kidnapped  him and those two isnt the same person  who we saw written  and deleted  that video post , and it not the same who send  the tie and massage  photos  ??? 

It just feel so many  things not fit with logic  of one person  or even two profile or one goal ,  so I am thinking  what if really not one or two who was behind all this weird and not fitting  behavior  ?? 

The tie the police  and prosecutors  and even the media's  know about it so anyone could buy  the same one and send that photo ,  not the original cause it not SDj  tie or blood  

It feel like what happen  SDJ   was more simple then what everyone  thinking but it get that bigger  cause so many trying to use it for their goals or benefits 

That why I also had that crazy idea before  that one of the powerful  using one of victims  family  but now I had this feeling  it maybe  dont have to be that they working  together  is just different  people  with different  goals using SDJ  disappear 

• Like 8

Hello!  I'm new here, and I need somewhere where I can talk about this amazing drama!  Thankfully this forum exists :) 

I've got to say that all of your theories are astounding, considering that the show is a bit slow when giving us facts and yet there are some interesting theories here.  

Honestly, this drama is CONFUSING.  They give us a lead in one episode, only for them to debunk them in the next.  

The case about PGS: I think he probably met up with YJ's brother, and something went awry during the meeting.  I know that he died from health related problems (cardiac arrest, if I'm right).  From the surface, it doesn't really seem like they needed to kill him.  Even if PGS was bragging about his ties to Hanjo, a warning is enough, not death.  Unless they actually had a reasoning.  I think it was premeditated.  He was meant to die that day.  ChoiBit and WTH probably were bribed to cover for it, and they knew beforehand that PGS was going to die that day.  The reason, maybe PGS was going to expose Hanjo once he realized the mess he was entangled with.  Why call ChoiBit and WTH to do it? SJ probably had info on them to blackmail them (idk, this is just a theory).

I do agree with the suspicions of the Segok Police officers, especially the captain (the mist suspicious).

Somebody had mentioned that the guy who was defended by Detective Song may be a suspect as well.  That could work, but not only because of his hatred of the police and the prosecution for the unjust death of Song.  All of this is connected, or else the story would've been different.  He probably knows about the secret of Hanjo.  He's from a rich family.  If one of his relatives, or himself (either directly or indirectly) were negatively impacted by Hanjo's secrets and wants to expose them, he would be killing two birds with one stone.  For example, if one of his relatives was made a scapegoat or something).  Revenge both ways.  And it doesn't have to be the secret between Hanjo and PGS.  That could be the catalyst, but the real reason may be other secrets that haven't been mentioned yet.  

Whether DJ is alive....idk.  That injury to the head can be fatal.  If he's not dead, then he's most likely unconscious.

Also, I know that the series is making it look like YJ and SM (especially YJ) trusts their superiors.  I don't think that's the case.  Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.  Most likely this is their way of getting more info about the case, by becoming a 'trusted colleague'.  

I hope all of this makes sense :) 

• Like 9

@exolxin Welcome to the thread and Soompi!  Yah, we passionate about S2 here. Throw in all your theories :D

Here are more to think about 

1) I looked at the blood found at crime scene again

50342785623_52b17147c2_b.jpg

It was not splattered on the ground but a pool of blood.  If DJ was hit with the brick, there should be more blood droplets on the ground or a dispersed splash.  Here, we only see one small area.  This rule out for me the fact that he was hit standing up.  Blood doesn’t drop straight down in a single pool.  He must have hit his head on the ground and bled at that spot.  May explain why we don’t see signs of struggle.  Also how the person(s) was able to take him away, he may have been unconscious or may even went unwittingly with the culprit to tend his wound.

2) The image of the watch. I’m trying to orient myself on how it got onto the photo. Was the note written on a glass table? Is that how the watch image got reflected off the glass when the picture was taken?  Is the culprit left handed and held the phone in the right hand? His handwriting is off too, the police thought it was not written in the dominant hand.  Or are we looking at ambidextrous individual.

Still. How did the watch image got onto the photo?

Episode 9-10 Review

https://dramasoverflowers.net/2020/09/14/stranger-2-episodes-9-10-review/

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

13 hours ago, Gummi said:

I think the watch is planted as well. How on earth would the culprit be able to take a picture and be able to get his watch in it? And not QC properly before you want to send it off. It is like you just want to push everything to the cops.

It just occurred to me that the word in Korean for "wristwatch" and "clock" are the same. 시계 (shi-gye)

To be more specific, a wristwatch is a "son-mok-shi-gye" which literally means "wrist clock." But most people just say "shi-gye" to mean both.

So maybe it's a clock on the wall?

It looks like the clock or the wristwatch is a commemorative item for having earned stars as a policeman. So they're looking for a policeman who has earned three stars. (IF the watch/clock is not a plant, and we can't be sure that it isn't.)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 2

I have to ask did the change and shorter of episode duration is what make us feel the slow change? It shorter  by at least  10 minutes  then season 1 if it was the same most of the events  that happened  now would be ended by ep 8 .. and each episode  will  have more balance  between  boring and slowing  things and progress  events 

And another question  do we realize  that we still talking about timeline  of 2019 in this drama and  not even after all this episodes  we didnt move more then month  ?? I know from the start they would start in 2019 and should ended with the start of 2020 when the investigation  right was moved to police  in reality,   but at first I thought it okay something  will happen  just like season 1 and months  pass in the middle  of the event's  but we get to ep 10 with slow progress  in timeline  are they going to make a big time  jump  by the end ????  

and another fact , after the matter of the investigation  right  ending SM has to go back to move away again as he said himself ,

And here we are after 3 years of waiting we getting  so little  of YJ  and SM partnership  in crime solving  and in their humanity  connection and are they going to end this season with SM  has to go away again ??  Can  we enjoy even in our imagination  that they will be close like we did after season  1 and not being sad after it finishing when they now crushing us, making them barely  even  work together  ?? 

The only hope that SM  being staying  there as promoting ( but I can hardly  trust that hope since we know better  how he would be hated  after finishing  this investigation and even get his boss  and the conceal into question or maybe punishment and mosty be one of the reasons that the investigation  right will go to police:dissapointed_relieved:

Okay I like this writer  so much her crime, mystery,  political  and power  struggle  is  in high quality  I will respect  that forever, but I keep thinking now that she making YJ  and SM working away from each other and having less scenes  till now cause she has problem  with making progress  with their connection from ep 1 to 16 cause that will mean she need to make a huge one ( and she know that the fan waiting for this two )  

so or she dealing it to later to be fitting  to her small progress plot  or she going to keep ignore  it till the end and just throw a little scenes  to us , I said I loved and respect  her work so much but that doesn't  mean I cant see some weakness  in her, after all she a human too and a new writer and she has powerful ability  in some area  and in others she has flaws  ( I hope I am wrong we pass ep 10 and  i am starting to panic about many things) 

P.s. I am not talking about romance  progress but we all fan of this two even in partnership and how they developed  each other characters, specially  how YJ  do for SM  I just saying that YJ  did change SM  a lot in season 1 and now I feel like they throwing that progress  away too 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, bedifferent said:

The image of the watch. I’m trying to orient myself on how it got onto the photo. Was the note written on a glass table? Is that how the watch image got reflected off the glass when the picture was taken?  Is the culprit left handed and held the phone in the right hand? His handwriting is off too, the police thought it was not written in the dominant hand.  Or are we looking at ambidextrous individual.

Still. How did the watch image got onto the photo?

I think SM mentioned some light in the pic (I think he thought it was a ceiling light).   No idea how it got in the pic.  Unless it was a reflection off the varnished wooden floor boards?  It turned out to be a watch/clock when forensics enlarged it.  I doubt we’ll get a pic of it.  I couldn’t even see the pic on the phone when SM looked at it :lol:.  I think we have to take his word for it.  

This is the best I could find.  But that’s a really odd spot for a watch reflection.  Assuming the culprit is taking the photo with his phone...I will see how forensics enlarged it and if I can take a screen shot.

EDF8-D1-CB-0406-45-FE-83-B2-23-E58-BBE1-

Okay got pics.  I think it is a clock?  Like what @chickfactor said.  On the wall.  It looks like the sheet of paper was put on top of a glass table?  And if it is a clock then it may be a commemorative gift like @bedifferent suggested?  It would be someone’s house then.  Not some random abandoned apartment somewhere.   Unless it was planted... Alternatively it could be someone’s dad was a cop before and was wronged...much like ES’s story.  And potentially someone like JMA is their daughter or sister...out for revenge?

Spoiler

B9-ED2-D0-F-02-DD-4-B24-8468-F821-C20106

8965-F986-11-EF-4298-B6-B4-9583-B24-EA62

042-C87-C9-BB7-E-4196-808-C-BC2-B30-B11-

A5213-A68-6-D4-A-4-C07-9-E08-5-AD50-DA91

• Like 5

I am still not convinced about the watch being planted. To me, it is more like a mistake committed by the kidnapper. You see there are times, when you wear watch continuously, it becomes part of you, you sometimes are not even aware of wearing it. Plus someone spoke about doing a QC. I mean the police force had to focus and put pressure on their eyes a lot to see something. Moreover, when someone takes a picture of specific thing, they don't usually give much attention to the surrounding of that object, main focus is on the object which here was the note with bloody tie. And apart from all that, the surrounding was dark, he must have not guessed that the glass table would reflect his watch. 

And if it is a clock, then it makes more sense that the one taking picture not being much aware of it. 

So I think that the witness sure is a planted one, most probably by WTH, who wants to use this opportunity for retaining investigative rights, but the watch is surely a mistake on the kidnappers part. Main question which remains is what is the motive? Why have they kidnapped a prosecutor? Why have they kidnapped SDJ? If it is someone having deep grudge against him, then to me it looks like murder masked as abduction. But if it some victim of prosecution corruption or victim of both prosecution and police force, by now would have demanded something and not just send a note with bloody tie. 

16 hours ago, nona88 said:

I keep thinking  everything  is dummy  of dummy  

What if it all start from small  accident  and cause there so many involved  and so many has things to hide and other choice silence  it become this mess 

What if SDJ  attacker in the street isnt the same one who kidnapped  him and those two isnt the same person  who we saw written  and deleted  that video post , and it not the same who send  the tie and massage  photos  ??? 

It just feel so many  things not fit with logic  of one person  or even two profile or one goal ,  so I am thinking  what if really not one or two who was behind all this weird and not fitting  behavior  ?? 

The tie the police  and prosecutors  and even the media's  know about it so anyone could buy  the same one and send that photo ,  not the original cause it not SDj  tie or blood  

It feel like what happen  SDJ   was more simple then what everyone  thinking but it get that bigger  cause so many trying to use it for their goals or benefits 

That why I also had that crazy idea before  that one of the powerful  using one of victims  family  but now I had this feeling  it maybe  dont have to be that they working  together  is just different  people  with different  goals using SDJ  disappear 

Chances are it is not that complicated. As SM was also wondering in his car that what if he is overthinking and over complicating things. But, the one who hit him and who kidnapped him are either same or accomplices. But as you said chances are that the one who was going to comment on the video but decided not to is different. But again, the one who sent the tie has to be the kidnapper, otherwise it wouldn't make sense. There is a very high risk in pulling off that stunt if you are not the kidnapper, and I don't think anyone would want to do that. 

To me, right now, it is either the Chief's driver whose bullying caused Song Ki Hyun to stand against chief and get transferred. I think it is him because firstly he is from a rich family as said/concluded in the past episodes. Otherwise it could be the father of drowning victim along with the survivor. They've got grudge against prosecution. And at last it could be the Segok Station officers together as I explained in my previous post.

Director Park from Hanjo to me looks like a person who does clean jobs. He would very meticulously take care of SDJ and not just leave it in a way that is happening. He would get him killed, bury him and not do anything, like what is happening right now provoking both police and prosecutors by sending notes and bloody tie.

• Like 5

Forest of Secrets 2: Episode 9

by quirkycase

FoS209-01159.jpg

As we’ve come to expect with this drama, the deeper we dive, the more tangled it all gets. Things aren’t looking so hot for some of our more ambiguous players as the kidnapping case threatens to unearth secrets long buried. One past case in particular has caught our determined prosecutor’s attention, and his interest is already putting some people on high alert.

EPISODE 9

FoS209-00062.jpgFoS209-00058.jpg

We back up to Sa-hyun and Shi-mok’s conversation where Sa-hyun commented that they’ve won the investigative authority fight if Dong-jae is found dead and the police had something to do with it. The government wouldn’t risk starting that kind of war with the prosecution. Not that he’s saying he thinks Dong-jae is dead.

He tells Shi-mok that Tae-ha was cagey when he asked him if he had been looking into Chief Choi. Shi-mok is surprised that Sa-hyun asked Tae-ha directly, but Sa-hyun knew that’s what Shi-mok hoped he’d do after their conversation. He’s offended when Shi-mok indirectly indicates he didn’t think Sa-hyun was sharp enough to realize that was his intent. Ha.

Sa-hyun attributes Tae-ha’s being on edge about it to worry. Dong-jae went missing after following Tae-ha’s orders, after all. Sa-hyun asks Shi-mok’s take on it and is hilariously baffled when Shi Mok earnestly asks how you can tell if someone id worried.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/forest-of-secrets-2-episode-9/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1