[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

OMG!! This is the best episode ever! 

First, love love love HSM-HYJ here. After 11 episodes of dry-spell, now we have so much sweetness between them. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Okay, on the serious topic: 

Let me get this straight:

CB and WTH concealed the truth behind PGS's death because they wanted to protect PGS.

Why they did that? I guess because WTH's connection with PGS - he owed him a favour and later WTH asked CB to close the case without investigation. It won't do any good if the public know that PGS was working for a conglomerate illegally. It will ruin his reputation and good name. 

Why do I feel that WTH and CB were more than colleagues? Old flames? :blink:

Relation with Hanjo: I'm assuming that Hanjo was PGS's client. But I don't think it's under LYJ's order since from the last scene, she didn't know anything and even questioned CB and WTH. 

It was in 2018 so supposedly Hanjo was under her rule, but perhaps it's LSJ?

Now, Mr Park is suspicious to me - he's way too happy that SDJ was gone because then the only linked between Hanjo - Namyajung are gone too. Could it be that Mr Park took the initiative to kidnap SDJ in order to protect Hanjo or LYJ? :mellow:

Next Lawyer Oh. Well, he did bluff and made a lot of assumptions but because of him, we get the showdown between CB + WTH + LYJ and it seems that both party are not aware that they're connected to each other via PGS's death. It seems that his next mission is to share Hanjo Engineering (LSJ's) financial statement to Chief Kang for prosecution? 

So who kidnap SDJ? Geez.. I'm liking Mr Park for this, and one of the Segok's police. But, it seems that in next ep's preview, there is another suspect - middle school student(s)? Students?!?! :wacko: :crazy:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

34 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Woo and CB, they are very much similar to out duo. Even though they are fighting for investigation rights, they are comfortable with each other. They go way back, i feel they were like our duo at one point of time. He smiled. He smiled. 

Yeh but you know now they are like:  SDJ  you can just die we dont care , they agree on making SM  and YJ  be buried  with papers  and information  works to make sure they dont have time to work on his case or find about the death  prosecutor  case 

I dont care how they was in the past but now they lost their way ( yj was going to lose her way too in that crazy world  we lucky  she had SM  the only unchangeable person) 

Back to our favorite  partner yeh he smile and more important  then smile  how YJ  can shift  his mood fast ( she a really a stress relief  person) 

She even noticed  he feeling bad or embarrassed  about her seeing him like this and she just made him so comfortable  with her joking around  

(  she the only one who has the right to make him mad cause he so cute when it come to her even when he dont give a little  care when it others) 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Yeh but you know now they are like:  SDJ  you can just die we dont care , they agree on making SM  and YJ  be buried  with papers  and information  works to make sure they dont have time to work on his case or find about the death  prosecutor  case 

They are similar but in the opposite direction. I think now I get why the writer said that if our duo is one axis then CB and WTH are another. 

• Like 8

Great episode!  The stories are coming together.  Major props to writernim for using the cases to illustrate the reform council points!  The Segok case is not over I feel but we all appreciate now why prosecution fight to lead and close cases are so important for just one single police captain.  His rights, the victim’s rights, the assumptions, the truth... more to say later on that.

What is great about the Hanjo reveal is that WTH and Choi Bit may get a second chance to do things differently to right whatever wrong that have been buried for so long.  LYJ grew into the CEO that defies many people’s expectations.

CP Kang has a moral dilemma.  Will he join hands with the devil to get his goals.  Excellent!  What will ShiMok do in his place?  Will they confide in each other and finally, form the team we all wish for?

@pompyavi @nona88 the staircase scene is the best! Our Yeojin is back so is that smile!  ShiMok keeps prodding, that’s what she needed.  Someone who knows her well, believes in her and whom she can count on to be honest with his advice.  The way ShiMok tilt his head, reminding YeoJin to have courage and speak up was just amazing.

And yes! Dong Jae may have risked his life for something or somebody other than himself! Please save him!

• Like 9

Finally! So very happy to see them drinking/eating together, talking informally. I am glad that Yeo Jin left the council meeting to help Shi Mok as she saw that he seemed unwell. Shi Mok finally has the chance to show the beautiful smile that Yeo Jin (in season 1) has asked him to practise, haha.

• Like 7

I am so happy watching this episode. YJ is really a warm person. I decided to binge watch season 1 in the last 2 days ( I am in a episode 10 now). It makes me love season 2 more. Perhaps because I really anticipate the interaction between SM and YJ, and it's here in episode 12.

I agree with @bedifferent that it looks like a second change WTH and CB to do something right now.

SDJ, I really hope he is alive. I hope they find him soon.

• Like 8

All the awkwardness and distancing between SM/YJ melts away to two friends reconnecting.  Choi Bit and Woo Tae Ha are truly older versions of our duo.  Their relationship was prolly close back then ( I don’t think it’s romantically, more like the friendship SM has with YJ) so perhaps CB stepped up and helped WTH when he needed a favor with PGS’s death.  Their covering up is to repay for WTH’s Seoul promotion ( something akin to what SDJ is after, all for family I suppose). They both know of PGS’s connection to Hanjo.  At this point, we don’t know if their promotions have anything to do with Hanjo but certainly, their involvement started with somewhat good intention and snowballed into something they cannot find the resolve to stop like the Segok police squad.

What I absolutely love about this episode is how we finally understand why the drama chose to have SM/Yj’s relationship strained, why Yeojin seems changed from the person whom we love in episode 1... why BDN was confused why her character is so different.  Given the time working in the system, both SM and YJ could have ended up lost and compromised like CB/WTH.  Like @nrllee mentioned, these two are responsible for their own families so the slippery slope is real for them as opposed to SM/YJ who can afford to stay on the righteous paths; we can say the same for the Segok policemen.  

For SM/YJ, what they went through in the last ten episodes would have broken their relationship but what was shown is that they were able to close the rift because one person, SM, chose to not give up on his dear friend.  It goes back to what SM said on the balcony that night.  It resonates from LCJ’s intro voiceover.  It only take one person who held on to hope to get them through.  Both tried hard to be there for each other.  YJ tipping off lead to SM silently on the balcony during the darkest most confusing beginning.  Now, she’s there when he is stressed out to comfort, just sit there with him, even to humor him into a smile.  ShiMok in turn reminds Yeojin of her true self, her strength and courage.  It is simply marvelous writing for a most beautiful friendship!  They prove that they don’t have to end up like CB/WTH.  

Hindsight, if CB has not done the favor (one of the many natural favors CP Kang mentioned) or if she has resisted his request, where would she be at this moment.  Would WTH be promoted to lead such an important role despite his dubious character and lack of leadership qualities?  We don’t know yet what role CB has in the whole cover up but I am willing to be open minded about her ending.^^

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

" I was worried  that I have to carry  you and run to the hospital, you get more stronger, you did well " 

Can she be more sweet and funny  in the same time more then she is now ????? :love:OMG  she really special, we know will from season 1  but again she proving  there no woundering  about why SM  let his guard  down around her ( she really his safe and comfortable  zone)

She just so sweet , worry  about him , not bothering him about it , making the worst moment he having look like a good one 

He was so upset  about him showing that side to anyone  and there she praise  him for the same moment :heart:  

And he just her  fixed  base, I really like how he show her the really she is , when everyone making her feel like she has to change , but for him she perfect  as she is , he doesn't  want her to lose that 

I am just in love with this two their connection  from season  1 was behind  any words  we didnt ask for more then this special  human  connection  

And by the way chief woo: " what going between  this two , why she care?? ""

Okay join the fans of 3 years and have the right to even understand  without  finding  a direct  answer for that :joy:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

It is simply marvelous writing for a most beautiful friendship!  They prove that they don’t have to end up like CB/WTH.

They truly are the best partners and bring out the best in each other. Apart from that it seems Director Park likes LYJ. Nothing from her side though. Did he bug LYJ'S meeting with Woo And CB?

@bedifferent I hope that both Woo and CB rectify their wrongs without thinking about the consequences. And obviously I don't want anyone to die. Shimok already witnessed two deaths. His mentor jumped right in front of him. That man does not need any more traumatic memories. Let him enjoy a meal with HYJ and his mom. Also HYJ looks upto CB, I don't want her to end up like Shimok in S1 

• Like 9

Apparently, Yeo Jin's smack on Shi Mok's back on the stairwell was a throwback to the season 1 (ep 7) when they were fishing for the cell phone in the sea. Back then, she also asked him if he was mad her afterwards. Though he denied it, she can tell that by his face he is indeed mad at her. LOL.

They are just so darn cute together. :wub:

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

" we were argued like crazy a whole back 

And now we talking like this " 

That exactly  the watchers comment  while seeing you two now and in the past 

And that exactly why we  love you both and waited  so long for  :heart::heart:

Love seeing YJ  realizes  that again , SM never give on her friendship ( and from the start think they personally had nothing to do this argument- they just doing their job) even when she was the one who struggle with the power  fight around her , choosing  to run after him when he need her not caring what others will think even when she has a moment  of hesitation mean a lot for me ( sorry for us) 

They back, finally  she will never let it side  after that,  seeing how much he stress over SDJ  disappear, she will never let him face that alone no matter what her boss  say , she cant gamble  or delay  when it about SM  health , she know better  then anyone what his condition is ( more then SM  himself, was so waiting  for this scene when she tell him why he having a headache once even when he himself  dont understand the reason) 

That why I am sure they back this time, no stopping  after this 

• Like 9

@pompyavi @nona88 I love your observations between YJ + SM and CB + TH. The relationship/partnership is similar yet different at the same time. 

And the way that SM keeps YJ accountable or keeps her in check is very relevant to the recent OST by Yoonmirae. Her voice is the best. 

One of the small moments I liked in today's episode was when YJ said she will tell SM something later. SM noted that she wasn't the type of person to postpone things. 

• Like 11

4 episodes only 

Two weeks to go 

Why :bawling: just why :bawling: thet spend 6 episode  on 5 days  in drama timeline   

where we going in the end ................ 

@larus thanks for sharing the sub  interview  I always  fall in love with them more seeing them off screen, they just good casts , friends and people  ( me seeing doona  teasing CSW   for not knowing her movie  and his reaction  make me feel  like seeing YJ  scolding SM  -no wonder we loved them on screen  - they both adorable in theirs natural) :love: good partner  

2 hours ago, ponderings said:

@pompyavi @nona88 I love your observations between YJ + SM and CB + TH. The relationship/partnership is similar yet different at the same time. 

And the way that SM keeps YJ accountable or keeps her in check is very relevant to the recent OST by Yoonmirae. Her voice is the best

Thanks dear, yeh maybe YJ  was and still important  for SM  as his feeling relief zone and as someone  who understand and accept him  

But SM  in this season was the one who YJ  needed  the most, she almost  lost and she still struggled  till now -that mean something  insides  her die or she really lost the believe as she hints  many times 

Glad that they maybe hint that at some  point maybe Choi and woo  was the same ( that reality  people  dont born evil as LCJ  said at the start of this season  - one moment  can make you lose it ) 

SM  the one who facing YJ  of what she is and how she changed and in the same time he not blaming , forcing or giving up on her,  I wished  we had more episodes  of this two working together to see how he helped her slowly to  find what she lost 

It mean a lot how this two trust and value  each other , I dont see SM  doning that to anyone  also as I wrote  at the start of this season SM  trust is limit by what others do , the moment  they step in wrong way his trust go away - so in reality  he never really trust someone  but it different  with YJ  ( and she earn   it ) 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, pompyavi said:

They truly are the best partners and bring out the best in each other. Apart from that it seems Director Park likes LYJ. Nothing from her side though. Did he bug LYJ'S meeting with Woo And CB?

I hope that both Woo and CB rectify their wrongs without thinking about the consequences. And obviously I don't want anyone to die. Shimok already witnessed two deaths. His mentor jumped right in front of him. That man does not need any more traumatic memories. Let him enjoy a meal with HYJ and his mom. Also HYJ looks up to CB, I don't want her to end up like Shimok in S1 

I feel it too.  Her personal remarks about him perked Mr Park up.  He was so giddy that he broke into a smile when she took his advice to take a breather.  The feeling is definitely one way and more than just employee loyalty!  If he actually tapped their conversation, he would destroy all this advancement on the heart front. I don't know if this recording is her request, I doubt it.  Since Park was sure PGS drank socially, we know he has met PGS before in his off hours meeting with Hanjo.  He knows more about PGS history than LYJ but I believe he is being shifty to protect Hanjo Corp (the part that LYJ inherited and run) not necessarily because he is working with LSJ.  

Oh Joo Sun is Dong Jae version 2.0.  What a character!  He was actively trying to recruit CP Kang to his law firm.  The little favor Kang did to close the case for Oh may come back to be a big headache for him.  Kang wants to counter LSJ's defamation without having to outright insert himself in the middle of Hanjo family squabble.  He now has access to Hanjo Electric's profit and loss balance sheet, the one it is hiding from the auditors.  Will his pragmatic side be swayed to accept this gift from Oh knowing it came from Hanjo?  Will he consider this a natural return of favor by Oh Joo Sun or look on it as a warning about Hanjo's reach? Kang pointedly reminded SM about prosecution favor and here he is, faced with his own.  Since last season, Kang tried hard to stay uninvolved, choosing to be bystander in order to survive the political world of prosecutors.  I hope he will rise to the challenge, choose a side and become involved, choosing to fight the good fight this time.  I don't want SM to be disappointed in his mentor again. BTW, Oh was so good here.  He didn't fully trust Park so he mouthed silently the word Hanjo to make sure nothing implicated him in case there is a recording of their meeting. :D

About Choi Bit and WTH.  The witness, whether his appearance was motivated by the reward or planted by someone, reveals WTH's true character.  I don't think either of them planted the witness but WTH pivoted the situation to his favor.  His reaction when hearing that the witness has been dismissed was disappointment big time.  He readily took credit for ShiMok's works.  Guy has no concern for SDJ.  I hope Choi Bit smarts up and realizes this.  They are tied together by PGS history but it's clear, WTH has more to gain from her silence and cover up. He didn't hesitate to throw Choi Bit under the bus for his own gain. You were right, he purposely let ShiMok see the pink folder to implicate the Chief and Choi Bit. I hope she has the courage to owe up to her mistakes, the truth, whatever happened and kick him to the curb.  Who knows? Her current pursuit for police investigative rights could also be personally driven by first hand involvement of prosecution (WTH and et al) cover up of PGS's death and their dealings with Hanjo.

7 hours ago, nona88 said:

she know better  then anyone what his condition is ( more then SM  himself, was so waiting  for this scene when she tell him why he having a headache once even when he himself  dont understand the reason) 

I really love that she helps him process his pain and "emotions".  ShiMok is acutely aware of his condition.  His relationships, with his mom, with his colleagues, are based on how he perceives himself - as an outsider who lacks the skills to bridge the divide to make connections with others. Yeojin helps demystify emotions to him in terms that he can understand.  Remember how he asked KSH about an emotion and couldn't get a satisfactory answer (granted KSH is innocent to his need). This gift of her comes from patience and compassion.  I especially like how perceptive she is toward DJ's distressed wife.  Similarly in season 1, she lets him know that he doesn't have to shoulder the pain alone.  It's not something shameful or something he has to endure on his own.   Having another person with him during the crisis is a good thing.   I love that she deflected his shame of a public incidence  by praising him for handling it well then turning on the toilet humor to diffuse the situation.  She tells him it's ok to not be ok you know?  She teaches him to be vulnerable with another person without feeling guilty for burdening someone else.  I hope he can feel the same and be more comfortable around his mom.

@taeunfighting Doona Bae posted this on her instagram.  It's the mad reference.  Time for another doodle.

Instagram

AGB Nielsen rating

Episode 1 (8/15/20):  7.627% (9.012% Seoul)

Episode 2 (8/16/20):  6.415% (7.585% Seoul)

Episode 3 (8/22/20):  7.014% (8.190% Seoul)

Episode 4 (8/23/20):  6.422% (7.378% Seoul)

Episode 5 (8/29/20):  6.041% (7.070 % Seoul)

Episode 6 (8/30/20):  6.281% (7.487 % Seoul)

Episode 7 (9/5/20):   6.502% (6.950 % Seoul)

Episode 8 (9/6/20):  7.493% (8.856 % Seoul)

Episode 9 (9/12/20):  7.190% (8.553 % Seoul)

Episode 10 (9/13/20):  7.203% (8.031% Seoul)

Episode 11 (9/17/20):  6.843% (8.017% Seoul)

Episode 12 (9/18/20): 7.458% (8.707% Seoul)

Source

• Like 9

@bedifferent dear I really liked your post  about everyone  I really hope Choi and even woo have a chance to correct  what they did by the end 

And yes i fear for kang he had a long road in season 1 to make us love  him, o dont want to see LCJ  version  again when the really good people  losing their way , we have Choi and woo and i dont want kang too please 

And really loved what you write about SM  and YJ  all of it, you right SM  distance  himself  from others cause how much he view  himself  as burden, not normal , cant have a normal connection  with others 

He just like that with his mother, he trying to not burden  her anymore cause he care for her but cause he dont want to be with her 

You right with what you said I loved YJ  too for making his shameful  moment  into a praise and make him even laught ( having someone to tell us it okay to not be okay is important  to everyone, so how about SM) 

Okay from season 1 I wished to see that scene his mother seeing him dealing with YJ  I cant even stopping  imagining  her seeing that son argue and talk normal with YJ  or her reaction  to see his face when YJ  scold or tease  him - yeh I hoped for that if we had season 2 someday and my hope not hight now ( but who know maybe they will suprised  me ) 

• Like 6

@bedifferent I think the witness was planted by WTH. The station handled the fake witness case is where prosecutor Ryu working. He was involved in Assemblyman and drowning cases.

Never before that a character’s smile only could bring so much joy to so many  viewers. SM-YJ friendship is so precious! Protect at all cost. 

the kidnappers used a green lighter as well, same as CB and WTH. Why everyone using the same colour? Was there a free give-away of green lighter in SK? 

• Like 6

Okay back to the serious  matter  

1. From  woo phone one ep 11 with the press we found out he also the one that tell him too before about the suspect  being a police  officer, that mean that Choi  was right when she said before he come  to act nice and concerned  the night before cause he was going to backstabbing  her ( that scary even if he not the one who kidnapped  SDJ  he totally a wolf  to be aware of )

2. I am totally  with the theory  that woo  was the one who made that witness  or even was the one behind the later  too, even if he wasnt behind SDJ  kidnapping  he more then be capable  to do that  to use the situation  ( I said so much coincident here ) 

3. Is there someone  beside me have this weird feeling about how many important  people  we hear about and till now we didn't  see anyone  of them , I mean it just 4 episodes  to go and we never saw: LYJ brother, LYJ father , SDJ older son, prosecutor  Ryu!!!!!!   Why??? Those people  are no around to be seen  till the last two weeks 

4. I dont think that the prosecutor  death was merely  heart attack  I already wrote a crazy theory  a while ago that he has being under stress  or bullying  from LYJ  brother or father when he die and that they moved the body to the road , but let me add another crazy idea now what if LYJ  father is really death ?? And the brother  is hidden  that and bury  him in secret??? And the prosecutor  death has something  to do with his knowledge  about that?? Okay to much crazy idea here for only 4 episodes  

I will be the one who get heart attack  in the end if it turn like the police officer  case he was really suicide but they just hide his well cause the bullying, and in the end after Written  all this theories  and spending so much important  episodes  about that matter again found that the prosecutor  die naturally  they just move his body and close the case fast to hide his connected  with the company  since the company will be charged cause what he was doing for them   ( no way right? They will no making us going through  that, after wasting  so much episodes  not making us enjoy even YJ and SM  partnership  cause of all those cases ) 

P.s. poor SDJ  his case will be simple  in the end but he has to go through  this suffering  cause all those people  who make his case more conflict  while trying to hide , use or benefit  from his disappear , I agree with YJ  I think they all off the track  in SDJ  case,  since I believe most of the evidence  was doing by others people who not connected to the kidnapping 

• Like 5

The Segeok case is more complicated than first glance.  Just like Raskolnikov in Crime and Punishment, the policemen agreed as a group to take the bribes under the notion that they are doing a good deed by helping their colleague.  All knew the consequences, all knew it was wrong.  They justified what they did as something that transcends the law and ethics since they were putting money in a good cause.  Over time, it becomes easier to continue taking the money and increasing difficult to stop.  According to Capt Baek, not everyone feels the same.  He claimed to have stop while others continue despite his pleading.  I'm not 100% convinced of his story since there are holes in them, unexplainable like his scratches and Capt Song's bloody fingernails.  The group still is guilty of bullying Capt Song to hide their acts and drove him to suicide. Kim Su Hang hid the suicide note to protect the group.  Capt Song most likely details the corruption and name names.  KSH feels the most guilt so he seek atonement by working at the senior center.  He fears nightmares and retribution by the late Captain.  It puts a psychologic toll on him, a price he has to pay for something that started out with good intention.

During the witness meeting with the council, it was evident that the police can be prejudiced or heavy handed in their handling of the accused.  One of the policemen raised the complaint that he was summoned without legitimate reasons. Shin shot him down, didn't even consider his rights. Captain Baek was interrogated immediately after the witness pointed him out in the line up.  He was denied the right to make one phone call to his wife.  Did they even offer him counsel?  In their rush to indict the accused, the police may fail to uphold the constitutional rights of individuals. Big problem if the police are given the right to open and close cases.  Yeojin already notices the potential for abuse. That said, I'm sure we'll get to see some of the problems existed within the prosecution.  Shi Mok is going to turn in his own people soon! Go SM!

@farawayland @nona88 It's possible WTH masterminds the witness but I don't buy his intelligence one bit.  He maybe cunning.  An opportunist sure.  Smart ehhhhhh no match for our ShiMok... I'll just wait for show to tell me.

The Office Reaction GIF

• Like 5