[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

First of all, I found that the drama plot now, either Finding SDJ or Where is SDJ? Its dragging too long now, the waiting is.... Err.. I want it to be over soon and move on to another case. 

And another point is, SM is having a tough time to eat. There was a lot of scene he either havent eat a bite or didnt finish his meal. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I did not think a woman was behind the kidnapping case before  but indeed it was a woman who Shi Mok suspected (maybe unconsciously) when she cut the tie.

And Yeo Jin remembered that she saw a wood flooring in the house of one of the boys from the drowning case. That boy had a sister? I can see her with the survivor friend working together.

Jung Min-Ha is hiding something. She and Dong Jae had a relationship? I know that many wondered if she was that female prosecutor who was demoted. We` ll see what is with her.

Finally Shi Mok is investigating the case of Park Kwang-soo, the former chief prosecutor.  Woo Tae-Ha panicked and run to see the widow. Shi Mok is asking her some questions after his boss`s visit.

Kim Sa hyun realised that his friend is afraid of something, he doesn`t acting normal.

I don`t think Choi Bit and Woo tae Ha are behind the kidnapping but all the cases are connected. They covered up that case and Shi Mok and Yeo jin will find out the truth.

My favorite scene was when Shi Mok came to the police station and Yeo Jin and the chief talk about different scenarios. Then they order some food and included Shi Mok too. Too bad we did not see the scene where he was eating with the cops. I liked the scene when Shi Mok came to the police station to find what suspect sent too. Yeo jin was great then.

I like the new OST.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

I don't know why do I feel that SDJ is safe and he is not kidnapped. Immediately, after Jang Geon left, his wife talked to someone on the phone and also to her son she said it's not about his father.

I also feel it's not him who was kidnapped and the person whom she talked on the phone is SDJ?  Maybe he was meeting another person at the time of kidnapping and he is now on the run in hiding, protected by his wife and Min Ha.  It could be Dong Jae who is orchestrating all the events to point the investigation toward all the cases he was working on and sent the pic of the bloodied tie. 

Did the culprit get the wrong person?  another prosecutor?  More theories :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 11.42.40 AM

Her calendar, for the next day, March 27 has the weekly piano lesson.  She didn't cross out or cancel the appointment. When did they bring her in for questioning at the police station?  Maybe her anger then is the frustration at putting his family in danger with his investigations.  

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 11.25.39 AM

Who is Yoon Sin-Yeong? Where is this Eumpa Piano Academy? is this where SDJ is?

@larus @AC95 @nrllee @taeunfighting @pompyavi @nona88 and everyone HAHAHA

let's wrap our head around Hanjo and eastern prosecutor office whom LSJ is slandering to take over control.  At the end of the episode, WTH mentioned that SDJ's career will be put under scrutiny, esp his corrupted cases in the past, when he was in the eastern prosecutor office prior to LCJ's death.  He was demoted and transferred like ShiMok to another division by KWC. I think we are looking at the slow reveal of how Hanjo is linked to our cases.  Investigations into SDJ's past will discredit eastern prosecutor office and compromise CP Kang's effort to investigate Hanjo.  We know Hanjo Engineering (LSJ's division) is being audited.  The culprit who tried to kidnap SDJ could be working for Hanjo.  :lol:

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

The poll.

1. Who kidnapped Dong Jae?

I voted the survivor boy. It is a feeling not a sure thing. I think he and another accomplice.

2. I voted that Dong Jae is alive. After watching him being hit with that metal crowbar I thought he is dead but maybe it was a scene to confuse us. I want to believe that he is alive and the kidpapper is not a murderer. My head is telling me that he is dead but my heart that he is alive.

3. The secret behind Choi Bit, Woo Ta ha and Hanjo group?

Who is Lee Jung?

Is related with Park Kwang-soo`s case. I wonder if Hanjo group have something to do with his death. I think Choi Bit and Woo Ta ha covered up this case. They got promoted because of that? We`ll see. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I also feel it's not him who was kidnapped and the person whom she talked on the phone is SDJ? 

Yes I have that same doubt. Another reason why I am suspecting it's not SDJ because Shimok said he loved his car, his belongings and he would never park his car like that. Assuming that he met the kidnapper and they had a tussle while he was driving or the kidnapper might have parked the car in that area, why he/she has to damage the dash cam? The kidnapper had the car keys, simply take out the memory chip.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Yes I have that same doubt. Another reason why I am suspecting it's not SDJ because Shimok said he loved his car, his belongings and he would never park his car like that. Assuming that he met the kidnapper and they had a tussle while he was driving or the kidnapper might have parked the car in that area, why he/she has to damage the dash cam? The kidnapper had the car keys, simply take out the memory chip.

Maybe it has to do with where he was on March 18 on Highway 45?  What did he discover, who did he see, what happened then?  

Or the person needs the camera later... for another car. The getaway car.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Maybe it has to do with where he was on March 18 on Highway 45?  What did he discover, who did he see, what happened then?

I get that how CB may have been involved in PGS case but how WTH got entangled into that? He died on April 2018 and the case was handled by Uijeongbu office and may be SDJ was incharge of it. Kang mentioned in July 2018 WTH was in Supreme Prosecutor's office. He may have been there before that as well 

• Like 5

Okay  now let see the little  hints that was dropped  in the middle  of so much details  

SDJ wearing the Same shoes and watch and even SM notice  that and say it different  from what was before  ( when he was dirty and taken bribery  like season 1 ) 

I wrote before ( in the second week I think )  that maybe SDJ  not showing  it so much  but I keep feeling he far wounded  and lonely  cause what happen 2 years ago with LCJ 

maybe he changed, I know he still trying  to have chances to get promoted  and have connection  but that different  from the one he was solding anything even innocent  person for his gain 

If we take this hints in serious  noticing, they keep hinting  he change from the past , he not the totally not carrying- then what that leave us with  ???????? Did he was part of that  since he wanted the true to be out ? Or did he in big trouble  cause he keep searching something  cause it bothers  him ?? 

Clief Woo Cleary said to  SDJ  to not search the death prosecutor  cause but I think he keeped looking at it even without  the benefit goal 

It was his former chief too , he said to SM " seeing it twice was enough, or did it was three ) 

One is ES , two is LCJ  and the third could be the death prosecutor  he wasnt sure yet since he still believes it was natural  death but what if he find something  more after that ???   

I know one things the death of LCJ  and how he ended  did effects SDJ so deep even when his still wearing the childish  mask 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 5

At this point I am so confused, even if episode ended with Park Gwang Su case, this don't prove that this is why Dong Jae was kidnapped. There are many suspects and everyone could have their own reason to harm Dong Jae. HoobaeHanjo, WTH, CB and etc. Especially seems like CH and WTH are shady more than we could think, how they react to every new detail they hear or see.

What we know that in order to put all puzzle, cases will need to be solved.

I love that we got to see what Shi-Mok thinks inside his head, hope that in a future no one will disturb him. Also, this could be very wrong, but for some reason the person whom Shi-Mok sees a as criminal looks like a woman to me. I'm probably wrong, but still.

I also don't really understand why people dislike Shi-Mok. Like that scene in police station? I understand that there the game Police vs Prosecution is on, but come on, this is Shi-Mok, the one who fights with law, the one who tries to make world better place, he solved big cases, even if it could end his career, show him a bit respect. At least some of police officers still treat him as a colleague, that ordering food scene made me smile. Loved that they included him and I hope he could finish his meal. 

I get hat Bae Doona meant when she said, that when she read 2nd season script she felt like this is not th same Yeo Jin. I don't understand why Yeo Jin respects and trusts Choi Bit so much. What happened in those 3 years that she  somehow started to forget her roots and that no matter what it is important to stay honest, because whom you can trust if not law and the ones who are working to keep us safe? Even Shi-Mok seems to notice that and tries to hint her of what she used to before and what is still inside her.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

I get that how CB may have been involved in PGS case but how WTH got entangled into that? He died on April 2018 and the case was handled by Uijeongbu office and may be SDJ was incharge of it. Kang mentioned in July 2018 WTH was in Supreme Prosecutor's office. He may have been there before that as well 

WTH knows PGS’s drinking habit.  Park of Hanjo is same. Both have shared a meal with the dead prosecutor before.  Hanjo said it tried to recruit PGS but maybe he already was on the payroll unofficially.   WTH got the promotion to Prosecution office after PGS death then proceeded to drop Assemblyman Nam’s case.  Where is Hanjo in all of this?  

WTH knows PGS’s wife so like SDJ, he must be in the same jurisdiction or if not, knows PGS through a joint business deal.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dainora Petrauskaite said:

Hoobae, Hanjo, WTH, CB and etc. Especially seems like CH and WTH are shady more than we could think, how they react to every new detail they hear or see.

I don't think its WTH, CB or anyone related to Hanjo. None of them would want this case to be a high profile one as this could ruin their lives. If it is Hanjo, they can simply kill him off and throw his body somewhere. No need of sending the bloody tie text.

As for CB and WTH's reaction, they are in a deep trouble. I don't know if Park Gwang Su was murdered or not, because SDJ said that he was suffering from illness and his autopsy showed he died from heart attack. What could be bigger than murder though? 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

I don't think its WTH, CB or anyone related to Hanjo. None of them would want this case to be a high profile one as this could ruin their lives. If it is Hanjo, they can simply kill him off and throw his body somewhere. No need of sending the bloody tie text.

You might be right. Sending bloody tie - I wouldn't think this could be someone's who is in high position, strategy. Why bother? Why even show reaction? Why give hints? It means this is someone more ,,down to earth". Who needs reactions, who needs to show that ,,they/he/she" is in control. So suspects circle could grow smaller from now on. But again, you can never know what writer has in her mind, it can grow even bigger, but I hope not, it's already confusing as it is. 

• Like 3

I think with Park GwangSu it had to do with his alcohol intolerance (not that it caused his death but bringing it up again would mean reopening the case and digging into it and opening a can of worms).  WTH had something to do with that.  That’s why he looked guilty when it was mentioned at that fancy Japanese dinner with SM. Did he force/pressure PGS to drink?  Just like when KSH and he tried to get SM to drink with them?  Eating a meal together is a sign of solidarity.  Comradeship.  SM didn’t want that.  He was there to do his job.  He maintains his objectivity by NOT wining and dining with the pair of them.  Not when it’s especially fancy.  The other possibility is that the alcohol was actually in the food they (PGS) consumed?  WTH may have known about it but just kept quiet or thought “a little bit can’t hurt”.  

I haven’t watched but am reading spoilers :lol:.  So DJ may have orchestrated his own abduction after all?  I don’t see him cheating on his wife.  I think she was just worried their family would get dragged into his slimy deals and get caught up as collateral.  Her son would be teased at school if news broke out about his dad being dishonest.   Who’s the guy that got beat up then?

Culprit is someone with a grudge and wants to send a message. To prosecutors (and maybe even police) to clean up their act.  I am with @pompyavi it’s someone lower in the social hierarchy.  If it was Hanjo they didn’t need to do this.  They could’ve just bribed him?  With money/position?  DJ would jump at that. He would go with the highest bidder for his services?  :lol:  A lot cleaner than what’s unfolding before us now.

EDIT - as for what transpired at the drowning.  Here’s my hypothesis.  All 3 boys went to the beach that night.  Survivor boy is the one being “bullied”.  He’s told by boy with shoes to mind his shoes and phone whilst he and his friend head out into the water.  Survivor boy is super resentful about how he’s been asked to do everything whilst they are the ones having fun...drive them to the beach etc...he watches them head out and stews minding the shoes.  They drown.  I have a feeling he may have had a moment where he watched as they struggled but opted to just watch them drown because he was so mad with them.  And it was only when it actually happened that he had his moment of clarity.  So he’s kept quiet.  That’s why he was happy to just let the rich couple go without a payout.  His main worry was that they saw all 3 of them at the beach which would blow a hole in his story.  

EDIT2 - also do we buy the whole 180 degree turn story of Kim SuHang?   That he has repented of his bullying ways and is now a saint helping out with the needy?  YJ seemed cynical.  

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

38 minutes ago, Dainora Petrauskaite said:

I'm gonna share this, because this is what I really wanted to see in s2. But 9 ep. in and we get crumbs of our duo compared to what we had in 1st season. 

I miss them.

One of my favorite  mv of season 1 and the song itself one of  my top songs list I like this song so much and I loved  when I saw this mv for the first time using this song so  fitting :heart:  thanks

And yeh  like that what I wanted from season 2 these two again,   their perfect  differents melting  when they together and the emotional  scenes we get from them talking even about cases  ( i want this to be back so badly- the life in YJ and SM views together )   

@nrllee, @Dainora Petrauskaite   @pompyavi 

You right if it not a bigger show to get public   in the game latter  for bigger  benefits  no one of the big players  will risk doing this show-  let call this people kind 1 

( still bigger  benefits  behinds what look big risk and stupidly  is this writer  easy play so let not down that yet) 

But if it not what above as you said someone  weaks or feel his voice unheard  fit this acting profile  more  ( kind 2) 

But what about choice 3 : someone from the bigger  player who want something  bigger  then what it showing now ( kind 1) Is using one of the weakest  voice and victims  family ( kind 2) to gain something  then we have  more complex suspects list now??????? 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, nona88 said:

But what about choice 3 : someone from the bigger  player who want something  bigger  then what it showing now ( kind 1) Is using one of the weakest  voice and victims  family ( kind 2) to gain something  then we have  more complex suspects list now??????? 

Hmm...possible.  But again this sort of thing is sensationalist?  It’s all over the news?  Like what happened in S1 with Yoon SeWon.  If it is choice 3 (someone higher up) then they have to have “lost everything” to take this kind of risk.  YSW’s wife left him after their son died, he was living alone in a small apartment with nothing in it, he was a man at the end of his tether, at the lowest point (emotionally) in his life.  He had nothing to lose anymore.  Is there someone higher up that fits that profile?  CB, KSH and WTH all have families to consider.  They seem content enough there.  They have too much to lose so I doubt that they would do this.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Hmm...possible.  But again this sort of thing is sensationalist?  It’s all over the news?  Like what happened in S1 with Yoon SeWon.  If it is choice 3 (someone higher up) then they have to have “lost everything” to take this kind of risk.  YSW’s wife left him after their son died, he was living alone in a small apartment with nothing in it, he was a man at the end of his tether, at the lowest point (emotionally) in his life.  He had nothing to lose anymore.  Is there someone higher up that fits that profile?  CB, KSH and WTH all have families to consider.  They seem content enough there.  They have too much to lose so I doubt that they would do this.

I am not saying it one of them  but  when we talking about those they all have more to benefit  then risk  

For me this people the powerful  players  (kind 1) 

CB using this to make back stepping  at the prosecutor  when time right and winning  the investigation  right or even using that to betray  again her boss and set in his chair  

WTH and the other prosecutor it about  to save the investigation  right and gain something  for themselves  out of it or save some secrets  too  ( as the other  prosecutor  said it a win game if the police  was found  involved in SDJ  disappear  or killing) 

In Hanjo  group  there a war , between  LYJ and her father and brother  ( the brother  that they didnt show us his face till now:sweating: ) no matter which one of them is the one behind  this , they all as much damage  and risk they will face but will also will gain a weapon  against each other to win the war ( there so much power  and money at risk here so sacrifice  some of it or even risk the company  reputation  is nothing to gain that ) 

It all about timing and the biggest  damage  can be the biggest  benefit  

And the weakest  players  here who can be getting  used no Matter  if they innocent  or not is , the drowning  boys family and friend , the death prosecutors  family, the bully  boy , SDJ family too, the bad police  group  and so many 

I  am not saying it will be like this choice 3 just go through  My mind while writing  the previous  post I  didnt  think of it before :joy: but it possible  thinking about it like this ( again just random  thought  sorry ) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1