[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

7 minutes ago, Gummi said:

Finished ep 9! I do agree that the pace for this ep was a little lacking, from the high we had in ep 7-8. The show has done a good job building up until now, i agree that we should be having a lot more unravelling than more and more fog at this stage. @nona88 do agree about the PD as well =.=, wish that some scenes were done tighter. 

I wish SM and YJ can have their usual informal dinners where they talk things over rather than having those crowded scenes with the whole big investigative police team. Dont feel like the crowd of police actually adds any value to the scene as compared to if we just tightened the group down to the key team members doing the discussion. 

That being said, i am still excited to see this whole thing finally unravel. SdJ's wife is just so suspicious to me. Her weird reactions, mostly overly calm when she first appeared at the police station or when watching news with her son. They must have sent SDJ to the juvenile department for a reason. Working with youth, bullying and all may have been that link to the tongyeong boys. Not sure how that links to the dead prosecutor though. Too much fog! Pls let things clear up a little or have some major revelation at least in the next ep.

Yeh done watching  too 

I agree with your wishes 

Okay so the female  prosecutor  involved  she was the original  prosecutor  in the death prosecutor  chief and it sure I will not buy that she only  did losy work as new prosecutor  more she was involved  in covering  up by order  

How she will feel knowing that SDJ  reinvested  this case again ?? ( SM  not fallen for her act of nice and protect sdj she directly  throwing it on him while trying to act nice and defining him ) 

And what if it really the thought  I had a while ago Bout SDJ  not being the one who found about all this cases in the first place and here someone  angry he using it 

• Like 9

Love love lovee this episode! :rolleyes:
I guess the culprit is police after all and Segok's. 

From the teaser for next ep, I'm glad that Choi Bit and Chief seem to be doing the right thing - chase the truth, regardless of the implication > if a police or ex-police did this, it can jeopardize police's status against prosecutor. 

For now, it seems that the story has 2 main branches or maybe 3: 

1. SDJ's kidnapping and Segok 

2. Choi Bit + Chief Woo + PGS + Namyajung case 

3. Hanjo 

Knowing the intricacy of the story, these must be related. Now it all tangle together so it's hard to see the connection. Namyajung case definitely closely related to Hanjo, which will probably be revealed in next 2 episodes.. :mellow:  

So next week, hopefully SDJ is found. _/\_

And yaay.. dare I hope that next week, there will be more HSM - HYJ duo time? :wub:

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Gummi said:

Finished ep 9! I do agree that the pace for this ep was a little lacking, from the high we had in ep 7-8. The show has done a good job building up until now, i agree that we should be having a lot more unravelling than more and more fog at this stage. @nona88 do agree about the PD as well =.=, wish that some scenes were done tighter. 

I wish SM and YJ can have their usual informal dinners where they talk things over rather than having those crowded scenes with the whole big investigative police team. Dont feel like the crowd of police actually adds any value to the scene as compared to if we just tightened the group down to the key team members doing the discussion. 

i wrote A long post about my disappointment of E9 earlier. The first half was too slow and long and didn’t add any values to the story. It didn’t continue to build momentum from E8.
we already passed half way of the drama and it’s not the time to add more fog to the story. 
today Episode waa great but i hope we have enough time to connect all the threads. Only 6 episodes left and we still have lots of ground to cover. 

we haven’t seen a scene where SM and YJ could have a proper meal with joy not just talk about work. 

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Okay. I forgive them for not giving any clues yesterday because today they literally gave me a heart attack and the preview was 

I can feel you. I was following the episode 10 dilligently and Dang!! It finished! :lol:. So we know who's the culprit now. I hope SDJ is alive, the drama needs him. So the whole Shi Mok adventure abt PGS is like to let him know about the case. They will reveal about it after they find SDJ. I can sleep now.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

From the teaser for next ep, I'm glad that Choi Bit and Chief seem to be doing the right thing -

The investigation Bureau chief is doing the right thing. I am not sure about Choi Bit. She was talking about removing them from the case and from the preview it seemed Woo is asking Shimok to give resignation 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

The investigation Bureau chief is doing the right thing. I am not sure about Choi Bit. She was talking about removing them from the case and from the preview it seemed Woo is asking Shimok to give resignation 

Right.. it's Choi Bit and Chief Woo - both has a lot of stakes in Namyajung case. 

Preview is usually misleading - hopefully Chief Woo is not asking for HSM's resignation. 

• Like 8

Just now, pompyavi said:

If he is, all I can say he is digging up his own grave that too at 100x speed

Hahaha.. Chief Woo cannot win against HSM. He's the blade after all. 
Just now when watching HSM tricked Chief Woo to get the file - I keep having secondhand embarrassment. Chief Woo is such a bad liar. So obvious! :sweatingbullets: 

Choi Bit can control herself better. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Good episode!  ShiMok is in his elements.  The ways he read and analyze the people whom he interviewed was vintage SM.

I’m a little worried about the time we have left, it will be a thrilling sprint till the end.  

PGS may have a child.  His wife was babysitting a baby, perhaps grandchild.  If we are talking about culprit with grudges.... family member 

PGS traffic report was altered... I highly doubt there was no skid marks or tire burn given how fast he was driving.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

PGS traffic report was altered... I highly doubt there was no skid marks or tire burn given how fast he was driving.

Exactly Bee. I doubt he was just moved there to be found. He died somewhere else.

I am still composing my thoughts. Will post once I get a grasp of myself lol

• Like 7

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

Okay so the female  prosecutor  involved  she was the original  prosecutor  in the death prosecutor  chief and it sure I will not buy that she only  did losy work as new prosecutor

My twisted mind is thinking MinHa is PGS’s dtr lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

Is it only me or someone  also having the thought  that the witness  is a fake one ???? Him appearing  after chief woo go to the crime scene and was looking at the building  !!! Him being having a crime record  ?? 

What if ? I mean what if chief woo go to the crime scene to find away to major SM  focusing  on the police  and forget the death prosecutor  cases ?? 

Did he made a deal with the witness  ?? 

Yj  in hard position  now , keeping SM on the investigation   will put her as betrayed  for the police now and that too  she was one that made the press conference  ( my poor baby)

Okay most important in the last 6 episodes  I hope the really focusing  on YJ  and SM  working together  to fight all the lies, really those two never once in season  1 trust any boss or colleague  after founding out he hide and cover something  ( they were the ones who trick and played  them to find the true ( and we had 10 episodes  till now, while  rhey know better  what kind is woo  and Choi  are and still work like that ??? ( specially  YJ  that so not fitting  her smart  personality) 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 2

ShiMok was at his supreme level today. The way he interrogated Jung Min Ha and SDJ's office staff, I seriously would have teared up. I still doubt Jung Min Ha, was she alerting the Traffic division chief that Shimok might come to him later?
When Shimok questioned the traffic division chief, his answers were merely speculative and assumptions. He wasn't even aware of the details that Shimok pointed out. What kind of shoddy investigative work is that? How much has CB and WTH hidden?
Even CB acknowledged that SDJ would have been better than ShiMok (after all he was the one who turned western district office upside down three years ago). WTH is such a bad liar, ShiMok took that file right under his nose. Lol. He is not even aware that his star player has figured that he is lying. Kim Sa Hyun is clever than him. And the way he took out that file from his shelf. LOL.
PGS's wife wanted to tell the truth but kept quiet because of WTH. She did direct Shimok to right person though.
In this season all the foreshadowing is becoming reality. Kim Sa Hyun in last episode said if police really orchestrated this, their investigative authority is done for. Also, KWC's warning to Shimok about not bothering his boss

• Like 13

I was on the edge of my seat the entire episode. I felt my heart pumping. 

Shi Mok was on fire. He put the right questions and demonstrate that both prosecutors and the trafic division made a lousy job. I like how Shi Mok was questioning himself if he is doing the right investigation to find Dong Jae. But his boss made it so clearly that in case of Park Kwang-soo there is something more to find out.   He even figured out that his boss lied to him. When he found the pink file I was laughing out loud. If Woo Tae Ha thinks that he will fire him/take his case to get away Shi Mok of this case he is soooooo wrong. He already knows that he met with an important client. It is a matter of time to discover Hanjo as the client. And knows that Woo is hiding something. There are so many inaccuracies.

I understand why the police is in panic when there is a concret suspicion that one of them took Dong Jae.

I like Yeon jin and Jang Gun`s partnership. If we don`t see more of Shi Mok and Yeo Jin working together, at least they show them more.

I like how police and prosecutors work to find the witness. Let see if he is a reliable witness.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, larus said:

I like how Shi Mok was questioned himself if he is doing the right investigation to find Dong Jae.

That speaks how much he is worried about him. He asked for the signs and behavior, and the next minute he dashed out of the office. Kudos to Cho Seung Woo for doing such a marvelous job. It's not easy to act without dialogues and his expressions were 10/10. 

As much as I want him and HYJ to have a meal together, I also want him to visit his mother. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

As much as I want him and HYJ to have a meal together, I also want him to visit his mother. 

I knew that he has not contacted her since he returned to Seoul. I feel bad for her. But she knows her son and why he is like that. I hope he will find time to visit her family but I know he is very busy investigating all these cases. The man did not have a moment to eat a sandwich properly.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, larus said:

I knew that he has not contacted her since he returned to Seoul. I feel bad for her. But she knows her son and why he is like that. I hope he will find time to visit her family but I know he is very busy investigating all these cases. The man did not have a moment to eat a sandwich properly.

I feel pity for both of them it not just cause sm  is cold he care so much for his mother  he rush to meet her on season 1 when he found that the press was at her home 

But the things he feeling he burden  her as was saw in season 1 in the flashback  his mother suffered  a lot with him before the surgery  as he couldnt handle voices all other problems  she was even talking about death when he was a kid 

And now she finally having new family and  as we saw her new husband  not so close or even like SM  he even believed  what the press say about him being monster  that say he rarely  even spend time with him 

I think SM  trying not to burden  or destroy  his mother new home , so that why he didnt call her when he back or go to her home even when he has no where to stay on 

I feel bad for both his mother not bad but she had suffered enough and she also taken the everything  okay with him now after the surgery as to easy herself  and SM keep her out of knowing that he still  suffered  pain that so caring of him 

I am curious  about the father who not in the picture as they hints in season 1 he always  was not there to help but again we have enough  background  story about SM and nothing  about YJ  

I don't care about past but what about now ? Is she having family? Where are they ?  

• Like 10

I liked this episode. Especially enjoyed Shi Mok talking to everyone and ,,debunking" theories. Just grilling them was so good to watch. That's what Shi Mok is. No matter in what position you are he sees you the same. (That's what I miss about Yeo Jin too) Seems like every person he talked to lied to him in one or other way.

Me watching how everyone lies to Shi Mok and knowing that he knows they're lying:

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF

Felt a bit afraid after I saw preview, now that Shi Mok is digging deeper I'm sure a lot people won't like it. Hope nothing will happen to him.

I still have that small hope that Yeo Jin will trust herself more and less Choi Bit, and of course, will talk to Shi Mok more. Now, instead of sharing information, she just cuts him and this does not help to solve cases. They need to work together.

Time is ticking, 6 episodes left, there are a lot of that needs to be solved. It will be interesting to see how writer will finish everything.

• Like 9

SM ASKING:  how person look when he worry, I need to know the  symptoms 

Me : symptoms okay rushing to the national  police  after being cutting  on the phone after feeling that something  is wrong, cant wait a moment  to think it maybe was nothing :joy: worrying about her emotional  and keeping glance at her,  going late to her house just to have talk with her after understanding  she not feeling well after what happen :winkx:

you just look at yourself  whatever  YJ  is involved  and you will know the normal symptoms of worrying ( okay the headache is the abnormal one he having too) 

dear he doing that again , he did the same in season 1  when he rush to stop her knowing she will not silence  about what happen to the boy and tried  to stop her and after that helping  her, and talking to her on phone after what arresting the prosecutor and she was feeling down ( okay I need to go rewatch season 1  again they not giving me enough I am having hard time here) 

I like how he go out of his clam and logical  behavior  when it come to her, yeh that not so much for someone normal but it has bigger  meaning when SM doing that   

P.s. okay out of my fan personality, I know that SM figure  up that something  big was funded  they finally had witness  and in middle of talking about that and giving the address to go finding him she cut the phone, it YJ  it only  mean something  bigger  related  to the case was out  more then the witness  ( but that dont deny the worrying  part :smirk:

Edited by nona88
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1