[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

6 minutes ago, nrllee said:

@Sleepy Owl take a look at the screenshots I took. Looks like a clock. So it’s more likely a mistake like you said.   

Yeah, I saw after I wrote my post, and then edited my post and wrote that if it is clock, then chances of it being a mistake becomes much higher, because then it is very common for the person to be unaware of it. Apart from that, I think the kidnappers kept the surrounding dark on purpose and didn't really think that the digital forensics can be so good. Many in police force are usually unaware of its efficiency. 

And the fact that it is clock with 3 stars/flowers. I think it is safe to assume to that it belongs to someone who either has got 3 flowers as ranks which I guess is captain, well it is some one with that rank or higher, because chances are it was given to him before and he could have been promoted to new rank or demoted too. So in this Kim Su Hong's uncle who used to be a chief also comes as suspect and also the Segok Station team leader of Song Ki Hyun's team.

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can`t believed how fast the subtitles come. YAY!   I also missed Shi Mok and Yeo Jin. Just seing them work or live like ordinary people was enough.   The case just started. Somet

My heart is full of joy      All well that ends well.   Truly an excellent second season.  True friends will find each other      The End.    Till S

Can we stop loving them even behind the scenes?

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

We all have become Sherlocks now. Hehe. Loving it.

PS: Basic level Sherlock

It’s the fun part of watching Stranger, playing detectives, It let us be an active viewer, solving cases and connecting the dots unlike many crime show. Even though we are often wrong than right :sweat:

• Like 6

@pompyavi thanks for sharing the BTS. I feel like the BTS are the only place i am getting my dose of smiles from SM and YJ in S2!

@nona88 i get your fears. Don't get me wrong, i love the mystery i love the story and the suspense. But I feel it was a waste of SM-YJ's chemistry to not put them on screen together for more screen time. To develop their characters and background (for YJ) and how their relationship could progress. I am sad that we are past the halfway mark and we have not gotten a lot of time to savour the characters in S2. I wonder if it would be better to remove one of the cases so that we can get more invested in the remaining characters from the other cases (and of course more SM YJ time). 

That being said, i love us being Sherlocks over here together. The beauty of this drama, 10 eps in and we are still grabbing at theories! Could the writer nim and PD nim just give us 1 full ep 17 to develop the "what could have beens" in SM YJ relationship that had taken the backseat currently in this crazy ride! 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Gummi said:

@pompyavi thanks for sharing the BTS. I feel like the BTS are the only place i am getting my dose of smiles from SM and YJ in S2!

@nona88 i get your fears. Don't get me wrong, i love the mystery i love the story and the suspense. But I feel it was a waste of SM-YJ's chemistry to not put them on screen together for more screen time. To develop their characters and background (for YJ) and how their relationship could progress. I am sad that we are past the halfway mark and we have not gotten a lot of time to savour the characters in S2. I wonder if it would be better to remove one of the cases so that we can get more invested in the remaining characters from the other cases (and of course more SM YJ time). 

That being said, i love us being Sherlocks over here together. The beauty of this drama, 10 eps in and we are still grabbing at theories! Could the writer nim and PD nim just give us 1 full ep 17 to develop the "what could have beens" in SM YJ relationship that had taken the backseat currently in this crazy ride! 

I am totally understanding  you 

I am wondering  too if they really has to ended with 16 episodes  only with all this going on 

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

"Sighing won't solve any of my problems. I should figure out a way to survive before everything collapses". 

Yeah, he's alive. Perhaps not everything went as he planned but he's OK. 

Did any significant policeman also dissappear or location unknown? 

• Like 4

@Lmangla  @partyon thanks for the polls! Will love to have more! I see that most people vote that SDJ is still alive (including me). As the episodes go on, my hope is diminishing though :( and with the search lights scene screencap i saw over in this forum, seems to give negative vibes!

Why did the culprit kidnap SDJ, and only harm him a while later? And cutting off the tie, why?? The segok police bunch will definitely not benefit from.sending the tie in to the police. Unless someone knocked him unconscious i.e. segok police chief and another person watched the scene unfold, and kidnapped him thereafter. Perhaps they kidnapped and wanted to silence SDJ to push the blame onto the ones who assaulted him. So the kidnapper hates both prosecutor and police. 

Ok my mind is still in tangles..

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Are they joking  me !!! this article  , specially  the highlight  part I am supposed  to be happy  or be sad or angry now from those words  ??? Is there someone  understand  my feeling  right now , is this the writer  way to say that she know that the  shooting drama not giving enought of what the script she wrote want , that it has shortcoming  in this same area we was talking about , the speed, the deep and the missing touching dialogue  and the connection  between  the characters  

Read this article  and tell me if I am having the right to have that mixed  feeling now , i know it not a bad things ( they did it  too with season 1 scripts  book but i didnt feel the same back then and I didnt get the same feeling of what I am getting  from the writer  comment now) but i am sorry  i am not feeling good it like the writer  really understand  what is missing from the shooting script  in this season and it in  the written  one   it not like it will  be easy to get our English  version and to be a good English  translation too ( this season I need that book the shooting  drama not that artist and fully cover everything specially the human and emotional parts )  so yeh I am mad at that too 

The  article  translation  : Secret Forest 2'script book confirmed to be published on October 20... Pre-order in progress

Spoiler

Secret Forest 2'started pre-sale ahead of the publication.

2020091780098_0.jpg  
tvN Saturday and Sunday drama'Secret Forest 2'(screenplay Lee Soo-yeon, director Park Hyun-seok), which has returned to a new season with intense support from viewers, has published a two-volume script book. Confirmed. The writer's version of the scriptbook can feel a different charm from the video, such as the speedy development, the compressed dialogue of the events stacked in a multi-layered structure, and the relationship between characters. 

'Secret Forest 2'is an internal secret chase drama in which the lone prosecutor Hwang Si-mok and Han Yeo-jin, an activist detective who met again at the front line of the control of the prosecutor's office, approach the truth of the hidden cases. 'Secret Forest 2', where prosecutor Hwang Si-mok, who completed his duty at the Tongyeong District Prosecutor's Office, joined the Supreme Prosecutor's Office's Criminal Law Foundation and ended the story. A situation that is leading to a detailed brain game.

In particular, since the previously published'Secret Forest Season 1'script book has been at the top of the field from pre-sale to the present season 2, it is a work that informs more readers about the fun of reading a drama as a book. The expectations of the enthusiasts for the scriptbook of the book are high.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@nona88 i can feel your frustration and also many fans getting impatient because of the lack of SM-YJ scene together. We still have 6 episodes snd they have slowly working together. CSW said he smiles a few times this season and we haven’t seen one, have it? Remember the first scene they met in that noisy restaurant and got distracted by the surrounding? They had warned us there would be many factors disrupting this relationship. They were telling us they know what we want and ask us to be patient. There is no way the writer didn’t know how much we love SM-YJ. The preview shows they revisit the crime scene by themselves meaning they only trust each other. Fighting! 
How the show is ended is more impactful than how it is started. I would rather have a show start of slowly but finish with a bang. 

• Like 5

@farawayland @nona88 I am keeping an open mind and will see how it ends. Though I binged S1 unlike this season, I could appreciate the series only after ep 15 where they revealed the motive behind Yoon Se Won's actions and how the culprit was always among them all the time. For me why did the culprit do things that way was more important than who did it. To be honest, I was expecting some kind of old grudge and the culprit was on a killing spree just like any other kdramas. What stood out with Secret Forest was the LCJ and YSW and their motives. Otherwise it would have turned out like any other kdrama where the culprit would have been some psychopath with a tragic childhood or some family feud/enemity

• Like 4

@nona88 sending some love over! 

@farawayland ah did CSW say that he has smiles this season? I must have missed that! May the last 6 episodes be chock filled with SM YJ moments, including some light hearted ones. 

Yes seeing how netflix categorised this show as slow-burn and cerebral, very apt! I do see a lot of frustrated comments from Korean viewers as well, which I do understand, this show makes you earn your enjoyment. Not the kind that just loses steam with the mystery within 10 eps. I am excited to find out what happens next, and fingers crossed that we get our fill of SM YJ moments in the next 6 eps.

• Like 5

@bedifferent I agree, it seems that he must've been laying down for that blood to be in that 'shape'.  And yes, the photo of the note was taken on a transparent table.  There's a scene where Si-mok puts himself 'into' the scene, and you see the kidnapper with the note on a transparent table.  

And the clock being there could be a mistake, like many of you said.  Almost like saying that the perfect crime doesn't exist.  Sooner or later the crime will be exposed, or the perpetrator will be found.  That clock could be the hint that alludes to who the kidnapper might be.  

This season has two main plots: the investigative rights struggle and the private investigation between YJ and SM.  I don't know if Dongjae's kidnapping is the private investigation or not.  Because if it is, then that means that the kidnapping of Dongjae will drag out.  If it's only a part of it, then I wonder if that 'private investigation' is Hanjo?

Also, did you guys notice the chemistry between Yeonjae and Director Park?  I remember that in one of the promotion videos that Netflix released, the actress that plays Yeonjae's character (Yoon Se-ah) said that we should look forward to her character's chemistry with Director Park.  I didn't understand it until in Episode 9, where she compliments him AND HE BECAME BASHFUL!!!!  It was kind of cute seeing his reaction.  :blush:  It's around 25:15, episode 9.

Do you guys know how I can insert pictures of the episodes here?  I tried, but they're not appearing.

• Like 7

@pompyavi@Gummi , @farawayland thanks  everyone's  but my problem  here not the mystery  , the mystery  is so good so many stories  and so many conflicts  ( the writer hold to her name on that) so the start, the end and even the slow events  wouldn't  be problem  to me or to everyone  if it not missing otherse things 

You know why we still watching season 1 over and over even when the mystery  is over , when we know what the ending Is like , cause we have so many touching  scenes and amazing dialogue  between  so many characters( from ep 1 to 16)  , cause we have the great artistic Camara  doing and the connection  and conflict  of the characters 

I am not missing only YJ  and SM scenes together  ( I missing them bad) but not only that I miss the scenes that make me tearful, the scene even when they where talking alone with others characters,in season   I have cried  for the granny's, the grandson, the stepped  girl and even understanding  the prosecutor  and LCJ  view ( even when I dont agree) 

It not the start and the end , i have so many scenes that I want to go rewatching it over and over and it still touching  it has so much impact  and so much social  and emotional  meaning behind them 

I like the mystery  in season  2 it will writen  no doubt  about that, but it missing the balance  of others things , i guess this article  make me sad a little  and angry cause it say the same the written  script  has more emotional dialogue  and more focusing  on characters  connection  ( I dont think it just about YJ and SM here) 

I love this season i am going to watch till the end , but I am being honest  here , the question here for me is it after it ended do I will go watching it over and over !! The answer  is no till ep 10 and I dont like thos answer  so yes we still have 6 episodes  I am having so much hope to get even a little  of what I said above but that dont change the fact of it not being a masterpiece  that I will never get bored  of watching  it again  

I said I need the writen  book this season  cause I want to confirm the feeling I had that the writer  did really a good jobs  written all what I missed  but it wasn't done well in the shooting  and editing, and cutting  scenes or how to deliver  it specially  the emotional  scenes  why it was felt normal one when they had many chances  

• Like 6

1. I did put too much thought about the Ex chief police case ( the pink folder) cos I thought it was part of the Segeok station case. But i started to question why WTH didn’t give that folder to Shimok? He even pretended not to know about it. Hmmmm

2. When Shimok visited the ex prosecutor Park’s wife, there was a baby crying. I don’t think this is shown without any reasons. Do they have a son/daughter? I don’t think they mentioned about the children anywhere right? Hmmm....I am suspecting any character with the surname Park. We only know LYJ’s assistant as Director’s Park, not his full name. Could he be Mr.Park’d son or brother? 

• Like 2

@nona88 yes! I feel you! I get how how you feel! I was yesterday just wondering which scenes from S2 will stick with me, such that i will rewatch the show even after the initial mystery is done. I have rewatched S1 three times so far, mainly savoring the characters, the way we slowly feel for them e.g. Yoon prosecutor, LCJ even if we do not agree with their choices.

I agree that in S2, other than SDJ that I have actually seen character development, we havent had much of a chance to understand and feel for the new characters like WTH, CB so far. YJ seemed to have reclused into a shell, a shadow of her past self after the 2 years of being at HQ with CB. We can tell she looks up to CB, we havent really seen her put up a shield or filter with CB so far though CB has proven herself to be shady to a certain degree. While the old YJ was quick to stick by her principles even when faced with her police chief, her police colleagues when they did wrong.

Sm on the other hand is steadfast and unwavering in his principles, and his support for YJ. I would love to have more time to see and feel for the characters, even yeon jae, manager park. 

I cant wait for eps 11 and 12 but yet i am sad that the next 6 eps will fly past super fast.

• Like 4
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2