[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

7 hours ago, dairymilks said:

the segok police station case will be closed now, it seems. we can finally put this case to rest and move forward. 

Wait...so Song did hang himself in the shower?  I don’t have time to catch up yet.  They may have taken bribes for a “good cause” but it’s still illegal.  And there’s the bullying to deal with.  That wasn’t kosher even if Song was about to bust them for doing it.

I get the feeling the article written about the writer’s thoughts regarding the story had a lot to do with filming under COVID.  She probably had to do a fair bit of chopping and changing with the plot line so the staff and cast could all film safely within the governmental restrictions imposed (if any).  Given that, I am resigned to the fact that the original complete story she had wanted to tell has been curtailed in part due to the uncertainties thrust at them by the Pandemic.  As for the power play between the Prosecution and Police, I don’t really expect it to be resolved by the end of the drama.  It’s an ongoing thing.  Corruption and underhanded dealings will always be there in the system.  It’s about the response of the individual within that system.  Do you continue your solitary march to uphold what you deem worthy or do you bend with the system?  And if you do falter at points, do you then have courage enough to come back to the straight and narrow again?  Or do you resign yourself to the fact that it’s a fruitless endeavour, bury your conscience in the mire and therefore just walk with the masses?

• Like 6

6 hours ago, larus said:

Choi Bit is the same. She used Yeo Jin to strongly deny they are involve and now Yeo Jin is in the spotlight to blame.

Now I wonder if both Choi Bit and Woo Tae ha did not manipulated everything, using the "investigative rights fight" as a cover. We know that both have the same interest, they want to cover the same case, their own  involvement. They both use Yeo Jin and Shi Mok and they won`t hesitate to blame on them to not solve the case when they were manipulated the investigation in the first place.

Yes my enemies of the day i   could hate them for so many reasons and forgive  them for others but one thing is not forgivable  to all of us,  they both messing with our YJ  and SM  now 

They out of any fans zone how  they even  dare  ???? ( sorry Choi fans you will hate her soon )    Dear they messing with the really wrong people  those two just going bury  them on their own lies  

3 hours ago, 1ouise said:

:D Favorite moment

My favorite  too she missing acting, SM   like  you asking    a kid why playing and running  around after being having to stay home for a while!! Out of logic to even ask that ( okay she had the same face my nephew had after being out of school for a while:joy:  ) 

41 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I get the feeling the article written about the writer’s thoughts regarding the story had a lot to do with filming under COVID.  She probably had to do a fair bit of chopping and changing with the plot line so the staff and cast could all film safely within the governmental restrictions imposed (if any).  Given that, I am resigned to the fact that the original complete story she had wanted to tell has been curtailed in part due to the uncertainties thrust at them by the Pandemic

Yes I agree the filming for sure had so much damage specially  that it not just that they couldnt freely  film cause  Covid  but also the delay in the filming  for months then it was supposed  to be was hard cause it was conflict  with the actors others works in that time 

I  read others articles  about the script  book and the comments  of the people  who read it from the product  company  it all say the same, the  full writing  script  had  so much more event's  , more  fast paced and so much more  focused on all the characters  alone and their connection  together  

So yeh I think the fact this drama has long durations in season 1 and less then hours  duration  in season 2 explains  a lot that there where many written  scenes  we didn't  get to see ( sadly,  but I want that book now so much  :bawling:

Edited by nona88
  • Like 6

55 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I get the feeling the article written about the writer’s thoughts regarding the story had a lot to do with filming under COVID.  She probably had to do a fair bit of chopping and changing with the plot line so the staff and cast could all film safely within the governmental restrictions imposed (if any).  Given that, I am resigned to the fact that the original complete story she had wanted to tell has been curtailed in part due to the uncertainties thrust at them by the Pandemic.  

I wasn't sure and  too had a feeling the production had to work around the availability of the cast keeping their safety in mind.  We won't know for sure until the screenplay has been read by the fans.   The lack of one on one interactions between SM and YJ may be a production decision to keep their stars and the crew protected.  I mean if you are talking about quarantines, they would have to work in pods under bubble and film portions of scripts in an organized manner or out of sequence.

Still wrapping my head around today's development.  I don't think Segok's story is done.  There are still many unanswered questions.  Who did Baek talked to on the balcony (Choi Bit?).  His scratches, the position of Capt Song's suicide, the authenticity of the notes, the location of SDJ's disappearance to Dongducheon Chief's sister restaurant... Why did Choi Bit (or is it the prosecution) closed the case without further investigations?

That said, I am scratching my head at the failure to build momentum from even to odd episodes.  This has to be a PD's decision to not pick up the storylines from week to week.:idk:

AGB Nielsen rating

Episode 1 (8/15/20):  7.627% (9.012% Seoul)

Episode 2 (8/16/20):  6.415% (7.585% Seoul)

Episode 3 (8/22/20):  7.014% (8.190% Seoul)

Episode 4 (8/23/20):  6.422% (7.378% Seoul)

Episode 5 (8/29/20):  6.041% (7.070 % Seoul)

Episode 6 (8/30/20):  6.281% (7.487 % Seoul)

Episode 7 (9/5/20):   6.502% (6.950 % Seoul)

Episode 8 (9/6/20):  7.493% (8.856 % Seoul)

Episode 9 (9/12/20):  7.190% (8.553 % Seoul)

Episode 10 (9/13/20):  7.203% (8.031% Seoul)

Episode 11 (9/17/20):  6.843% (8.017% Seoul)

Source

• Like 5

At the ending of Episode 11, for a minute I thought that the witness is the kidnapper when he talked to SM like that.  This drama is messing with my brain cells :bawling::bawling:

If it actually is Hanjo (like some of you pointed out, which may be the case), then it's Yeonjae's brother.  It's the only thing that makes sense.  He has power, money, and he has ambition to overthrow Yeonjae.  If the PGS case is tied to Yeonjae, then that means that her brother is using that to destroy her, and that's why he planned the kidnapping of DJ.  He knew or he led (indirectly) DJ to investigate the PGS case.  Then he kidnapped him as a part of his grand plan.  Once kidnapped, the prosecutors were going to look for him.  But they don't know the Who, real What, Why, and How. All they know is the 'supposed' kidnapping place, and that he's gone.  So, they start looking into the cases DJ was investigating.  This is in order to know what DJ was investigating and find clues as to who or/and why he was kidnapped.  That's when they were going to find out about the PGS case.  And that somehow, Hanjo, and subsequently, YJ is involved (she was already CEO by the time she recruited PGS).  By having people (prosecutors and the public) know about YJ's involvement in PGS's death, illegal recruiting, etc.., she will be destroyed, and people's trust in her will be lost.  That's when her brother swoons in and takes her place, which is what he always wanted.  DJ is a pawn in his chess game.  Director Park may or may not be involved in this.  If he is, then he's helping YJ's brother by having kidnapped DJ and some other stuff.  Keep this in mind though.  YJ's brother will NEVER go there physically and kidnap DJ.  He will SEND people to do that.  Now, he may be the one who hit DJ, once kidnapped.

Thank you @bedifferent !! I will use it for my next posts if I'll be including scenes :blush::blush:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Woo Tae Ha visited the crime scene, spotting the house from where he stood.  The witness's location was predetermined.  The witness's last words at the end of episode "What do you mean why?" could be because he thought SM knows of the plan since he is WTH's aid.

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 4.59.22 PM

Both have the same lighters, possibly sharing a smoke in the past meetings and took each other's lighter.  

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 5.00.47 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-19 at 4.58.17 PM

Credit: Netflix

@exolxin Hanjo's involvement has been questioned since the beginning along with SDJ's kidnap being the catalyst to direct investigation toward the cases he was working on.  There is doubt if this is the best plan since any investigation into Hanjo would damage the company's name and stock value.  Plus, wouldn't it be easier to just buy off SDJ's loyalty or kill him silently?

UNLESS, that's the whole point... is to lower the stock price so that someone (a third party, LSJ, even LYJ ...) can gain control by buying at the dip.  

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

t’s about the response of the individual within that system.  Do you continue your solitary march to uphold what you deem worthy or do you bend with the system?  And if you do falter at points, do you then have courage enough to come back to the straight and narrow again?  Or do you resign yourself to the fact that it’s a fruitless endeavour, bury your conscience in the mire and therefore just walk with the masses?

I think the writer is asking a little more from SM and YJ now than in previous season.  Agree with what you have written.  For our duo, working the system for the last three years, it's no longer not breaking the restriction line but to have the courage to spot and reconnect the line again once you have been lost on the foggy beach.  Do they have what it take to help others recognize this line as well? In his convo with CP Kang, SM said he will know the answer this time.  Should he remain in the drawer, only to come out when others call and need him, or stay in the open and be available to help at all time?  For YJ, she has been inspired in an unconventional way by Choi Bit to consider rising to a higher level, where she can affect policy change on a broader scale with more impact.  What the writer is suggesting is reform can only start in earnest from these individuals on the field, like SM and YJ, who steadfastly committed to making changes for the good of society.  Not by politicians and officials whose priorities have been mired in personal needs and ambitions.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

Wait...so Song did hang himself in the shower?  I don’t have time to catch up yet.  They may have taken bribes for a “good cause” but it’s still illegal.  And there’s the bullying to deal with.  That wasn’t kosher even if Song was about to bust them for doing it.

I'd say yes. The whole thing seems funky to me. KSH suddenly produces a suicide letter after all these years. Captain Baek justifying the reason why they took bribes. They've been at it for years so they've tasted the good life of having illegal money and suddenly a righteous officer came with the chance of spilling their deeds, and they did nothing? Not possible. :huh:

Also, I really hate how Captain Baek and team passing off bribery and extortion with doing good thing for LDS's mother. That's what a real criminal would say - so manipulative. Ugh.. and KSH - all meek and docile. Just because he's now doing social work, it doesn't mean that he's changed into saint; not after years of being a criminal and bully. Nobody can change color that fast. :angry:

9 hours ago, pompyavi said:

The witness isn't entirely fake. I mean can he fake his location after the day has passed? He has to know about the incident and the place. Police made it public on 29th. So, can he fake his location of 26th on 29th ? He has witnessed something. Also when Shimok asked him why did he go so far, his expressions were weird. 

Yeah I have the same question. Even if we put it down as apps or tech thing, it's still too much work to fabricate a location. 

OR, maybe the whole thing was premeditated. The witness is playing a role according to a script. 

We still don't know why SDJ was in the area. Could be that he is lured to go there - kidnap - then fake witness appears. Someone controls the timeline and anticipate the police's move. But this is too incredible! Who can be that great?! :blink: 
LCJ was that great - but he's gone - so :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

UNLESS, that's the whole point... is to lower the stock price so that someone (a third party, LSJ, even LYJ ...) can gain control by buying at the dip.  

1 hour ago, exolxin said:

If it actually is Hanjo (like some of you pointed out, which may be the case), then it's Yeonjae's brother.  It's the only thing that makes sense.  He has power, money, and he has ambition to overthrow Yeonjae. 

@exolxin Sorry to cut your post. I like these theories. I guess the motive behind all these is power and money. From stock's angle - it's highly possible that whoever holds the public opinion can change the stock's movement (look at US vs CN now :P). Right now the question is who has the biggest share control the company, so it could be LYJ or LSJ. 

Not enough information on LSJ but we know that he's ambitious and capable of harming family to get what he wants. Look what he did to LYJ and LYB - if he is really under LYJ's control. But LSJ is not even in the cast - can the show make him the villain when he's not even present? :o

• Like 7

@penelop3  Let's clear the board and go back to the beginning.

The council was tasked to determine

1) who has the power to lead

2) who has the power to terminate investigations

3) who has the power to request warrants

4) and lastly form a Senior Civil Servant Anti Corruption Unit to oversee the reforms.

Through Dong Jae's disappearance and police mishandling, so far the police appeared to be incompetent and corrupt.  For now, the answer is

1) prosecutor

2) prosecutor

3) prosecutor 

But, I do think the remaining episodes will have SM working with YJ to prove the prosecutor or WTH is actively manipulating and abusing their authorities as well.  Especially when prosecution can be influenced by lobbying and private enterprises like Hanjo thus the need to have a citizen oversight committee to oversee both.

IDK, connect the dots for me.

confused robert downey jr GIF

THIS... :lol:

• Like 5

Woah.... I loved the ending with SM, YJ and YJ's team surrounding the witness. I guess the show wants to bring a point how it doesn't matter who one is in the pursuit of justice. When ulterior motives contaminates the pursuit, justice is pushed away.

The revelation of the suicide note and the reason why the police initially took the bribes shows that the police ain't perfect, but it messes the plot. Leaving out the suicide note would be stronger, i think, as there will still be an element of did they or didn't they killed SS.

Something is still not quite right with SDJ's wife, though. My guess is she was/is having an affair and SDJ found out about it. So maybe she secretly hopes that his disappearance would make it easier for a divorce/annulment.

The revelation that the sender of the blooded tie photo is linked to a police is a bit confusing - I'm still unsure whether the image reflection was intended or not. I'm not even sure if SDJ was wearing that tie when he was caught.

What is WTH hiding? Surely not simply the cryptocurrency thing? And CB? Whike ahe might have a hand in the hasty closing of PGS's case, I doubt that she was the one who killed him. 

And how does Hanjo fit into all of this? We still haven't gotten any glimse of the LYJ's brother, right?

If S1 revealed LCJ to be mastermind behind everything, and his solo self-appointed vigilante-heroism - despite noble intentions - was described as "monster", I can't wait to find out about WTH and CB. Were their efforts driven by personal greed or did they also view themselves as heroes of this particular time fighting for a noble cause?

I look forward to enjoying the slow countdown to the finale! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@penelop3  Let's clear the board and go back to the beginning.

But, I do think the remaining episodes will have SM working with YJ to prove the prosecutor or WTH is actively manipulating and abusing their authorities as well.  Especially when prosecution can be influenced by lobbying and private enterprises like Hanjo thus the need to have a citizen oversight committee to oversee both.

IDK, connect the dots for me.

Well.... I feel there's a lot of loopholes still. :blink:

Right now, prosecutors seem to be winning, with Captain Baek named as suspect - public has low opinion on police and low morale at the police sector as well. Like KSH said in the meeting prosecutor now has the upper hand, so investigative rights should go to them. 

For me, the dots that connect SDJ case + fake witness + Namyajung + police vs prosecutors + Hanjo + LYJ vs LSJ are still far and in between. :blink: :blink:

WTH and CB are involved in Namyajung case so I'm sure HSM will solve that one - revealing the connection between WTH-CB-Hanjo. If it's corruption or power abuse, it will involve both police and prosecutors, and Hanjo. 

But for SDJ case, if we have to pinpoint someone as the culprit, I honestly can't see WTH or CB or both of them pulling something so complicated as this. :sweatingbullets: Oh well... tonight! 

Btw, I have little hope that SDJ is alive now. It's been so long and his wound is not small (that much of blood!), I'd be surprised if he is found and OK. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, pompyavi said:

I think CB is also involved in that. Because in the preview they came to know that our precious duo share every details with each other. It could be that both wanted to test them whether they can find out whether the witness is fake or not.

Also, Shimok noticed that the witness was glancing at Kim Su Hang before pointing out Baek.

yes, i agree. the two of them were conspiring to save themselves. you can see the apprehension in the witness’ face.

i hope that we can finally close the segok police station case because we’re getting closer to the end haha

• Like 3

5 hours ago, nona88 said:

So yeh I think the fact this drama has long durations in season 1 and less then hours  duration  in season 2 explains  a lot that there where many written  scenes  we didn't  get to see ( sadly,  but I want that book now so much 

I wish I have the book, the translated version.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

The revelation of the suicide note and the reason why the police initially took the bribes shows that the police ain't perfect, but it messes the plot. Leaving out the suicide note would be stronger, i think, as there will still be an element of did they or didn't they killed SS.

The show made a point of showing the pathologist saving the blood under Capt Song's fingernails and Capt Baek's scratches.  Major disappointment if these details weren't explained by the end.

The next episode preview has CB and WTH sharing the same car ride.  Brazen yah?  Why?

Do we trust these guys?

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.45.16 PM

56 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

For me, the dots that connect SDJ case + fake witness + Namyajung + police vs prosecutors + Hanjo + LYJ vs LSJ are still far and in between. :blink: :blink:

But for SDJ case, if we have to pinpoint someone as the culprit, I honestly can't see WTH or CB or both of them pulling something so complicated as this. :sweatingbullets: Oh well... tonight! 

Btw, I have little hope that SDJ is alive now. It's been so long and his wound is not small (that much of blood!), I'd be surprised if he is found and OK. 

Some cases may not be related.  However having SM/YJ uncover them all due to SDJ's disappearance ruffled some feathers and force movements by the players on the board.  Those who chose to remain silent will have to come out from the shadow.  I think that's the whole idea.  It's hard right now for us to figure them out cuz there are still too many moving parts.

If SDJ is alive, he is smart enough to do whatever it takes to survive, including cooperating with his captors.  SDJ is a fighter.  Perhaps he will purposely lead them to make mistakes so SM/YJ can find him.

Have these been posted?

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.47.40 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-19 at 10.01.30 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.48.01 PM

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.44.17 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.43.30 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.43.10 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.45.51 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.46.55 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.47.11 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.45.00 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.49.01 PM

Credit: tVN

• Like 5

7 hours ago, bedifferent said:

I think the writer is asking a little more from SM and YJ now than in previous season.  Agree with what you have written.  For our duo, working the system for the last three years, it's no longer not breaking the restriction line but to have the courage to spot and reconnect the line again once you have been lost on the foggy beach.  Do they have what it take to help others recognize this line as well? In his convo with CP Kang, SM said he will know the answer this time.  Should he remain in the drawer, only to come out when others call and need him, or stay in the open and be available to help at all time?  For YJ, she has been inspired in an unconventional way by Choi Bit to consider rising to a higher level, where she can affect policy change on a broader scale with more impact.  What the writer is suggesting is reform can only start in earnest from these individuals on the field, like SM and YJ, who steadfastly committed to making changes for the good of society.  Not by politicians and officials whose priorities have been mired in personal needs and ambitions.

@bedifferent Well said! Wondering if the writer will give an answer to Shimok’s question? 
This season is much more difficult to watch. They take us into SM and YJ’s world to feel the frustration and weariness in their fight. The odd episodes had slower pace because they intentionally spent time to show how the police and prosecutor response with the new evidence, taking into account the ongoing conflict between two organisations and public opinion. It’s also realistic that most if the investigation would take long time to find the clues,  or nothing at all. There are thousands of missing cases a year. 

Thanks for the lighter details. Did they meet to discuss about the fake witness. I feel that Choibit was surprised by the emergence  of this Witness though.

back to the Seogoek case, we have some answers regarding their  bribery. Is it justified to do the wrong thing for a noble cause? They all played part of the officer Song’s death. What started as a good reason turned into more crime, bully and cover up. Leader Baek knew his team was bullying Song but he did nothing to protect what he considered better for the group. Like LCJ said corruption started with something as simple as a meal. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, farawayland said:

back to the Seogoek case, we have some answers regarding their  bribery. Is it justified to do the wrong thing for a noble cause? They all played part of the officer Song’s death. What started as a good reason turned into more crime, bully and cover up. Leader Baek knew his team was bullying Song but he did nothing to protect what he considered better for the group.

Even if it was a suicide, they did so wrong. It doesn`t matter why they start taking bribes. They took it and never stopped and when a colleague found out, they bullied him to the point he killed himself. They failed as a police group and captain Baek doesn`t deserve to be a leader anymore.

But it is hard to believe that Sgt Song killed himself. Baek had the scratches trying to save him? I don`t think so. When everyone went to the room knowing there is a witness, there was a tension as I believed they thought it was a witness for Sgt Song death. 

I can`t trust Choi Bit at all. Maybe she went to her boss knowing very well how things will go from there. She acted surprised that a suicide letter appeared but I can suspect her to orchestrated everything along with Woo Tae Ha. I don`t trust at all both Choi Bit and Woo Hae ha. I can`t wait for Shi Mok and Yeo Jin investigate fruther because right now I am lost in the Forest of Secrets/ Lies.

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure that like LCJ, WTH and CB will end up at this season's ultimate villains. I did initially thought that it may be the mysterious Hanjo heir, but I believe that this series is telling stories about those within the justice system. However, LCJ somewhat redeemed himself once his motives were revealed. Additionally, his ending was also quite tragic. I remember his suicide note saying in order to make use of all the evidence he had collected, he must be painted as an evil, corrupted person.

But while LCJ wanted to bring down Hanjo and corrupted prosecuters/police, WTH/CB seem seems like typical self-serving officials. I'm cracking my head thinking what have they done that I might empathise with?

On another note, after what happened with her husband, i hope LYJ is not falling to the dark side. While she may stumble along the way, but i hope she doesn't become a part of corruption that destroyed her husband. In fact, if we are lucky to get a 3rd season, i hope to see LYJ around in it too. 

Finally, will we ever meet SM's mom? And why does he seem estranged from her. 

P.s.: I'm happy to see BDN short bob! One of the things i like about her is her quirky tastes. Short crop is such a rarity among SK's ladies and she wears it so naturally! 

• Like 4

Hi I can't watch live today but I will try to get my information  of what happen  in ep 12 

By the way the famous  meal that they will finally have together  as they said in the interview  maybe will be today ( okay we know something  going to bother  them even today ) 

2020092101001872100122871_20200920155916

• Like 3

Okay I just got home  searching  for videos on social media till I can watch it full ( i will wait a hour and I ca  watch it live) the funny  things here how our partner  are so funny  even without trying I know why I missed going watching season 1 every now and then  their scenes just out of words  they just simple but mean a lot of those two  different  people  but so completely full and fit  partner 

Spoiler

I cant stop laughing  at YJ  drinking and SM  eating Vegetables and they talking about high serious  murder  suspects  and then YJ  in middle  of that ask for more Vegetables for SM  since she noticed  it almost  empty  ( okay i already regret not watching it live ) 

Okay I totally  regret  not watching  it live 

I am so happy I catch the finale  parts 

OMG 

major spoiler 

Spoiler

Sm head again 

Yj found him 

My so waited scene 

My friends I am totally in the sky from some scene only  are they was hidden  all those episodes  to give us all that on one episode  I dont care  I am just 

Office+Party+West+Des+Moines  see you later I have to watch it now    ( he smile , my  heart stopped) 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Most important  I know that I need the third time of them together  with the third partner  cola to prove my theory  

Cola is the major sponsor  of this season it had being proving :joy:

SDJ  I know that his kidnapping  in the end would had nothing  with the prosecutor  and police  fight , in the end it will be related to his  normal work  I think it will be really sad if  by the end we will find that his older son that they didnt  show till now is part of the bully tragedy  as victim or as suspect   

I think there a reason why his wife was so much worrying  about the kids then her husband  in the start  and why they never show us the older son tell now 

Did SDJ  try to help his older son when all that happen??? 

• Like 2