[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

AGB Nielsen rating

Episode 1 (8/15/20):  7.627% (9.012% Seoul)

Episode 2 (8/16/20):  6.415% (7.585% Seoul)

Episode 3 (8/22/20):  7.014% (8.190% Seoul)

Episode 4 (8/23/20):  6.422% (7.378% Seoul)

Episode 5 (8/29/20):  6.041% (7.070 % Seoul)

Episode 6 (8/30/20):  6.281% (7.487 % Seoul)

Episode 7 (9/5/20):   6.502% (6.950 % Seoul)

Episode 8 (9/6/20):  7.493% (8.856 % Seoul)

Episode 9 (9/12/20):  7.190% (8.553 % Seoul)

Source

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nona88 said:

but it possible  thinking about it like this ( again just random  thought  sorry ) 

Don’t be sorry.  Asking the question is what counts.  SM and YJ asks lots of questions.  They explore all the possibilities.  That’s what gets you to the right answer eventually. :)

• Like 3

It’s my least favourite episode.
They could have tightened it by revealing about what was with the light on the photo. I am surprised SM didn’t notice about it from the beginning.  They could have also let us know the result of the handwriting. The alibi of the police should have been checked earlier, Many thing should have been revealed in this episode to clear things. 
Many clues were shown in the earlier episodes but no one is following up: no one questioned Minah why she met DJ on the same day; SM has been to crime scene at the police station? What is his conclusion.

The first 10 minutes of the espisode when police discussing about photo could be cut short or removed as we had similar discussion between SM YJ and team leader cop later. Why the episode is under 60 minutes again? Too short for a jam packed information drama. 
More information was thrown in while we haven’t make sense of  most of the clues provided earlier. 
I am feeling overwhelmed! So many cases at once...I wanted to know more about the drowning and police cases, at least clear some of the confusion please. 

This method of making viewers feel like they are lost in the fog, not knowing which way to go, like the characters, could backfire on them in terms of rating in SK. especially when the disorientation is stretched too long. 

• Like 8

@bedifferent FYI Bee I think when you copy and paste stuff from elsewhere it needs to be done in plain text...the recent changes to the site has led to fonts not showing up (colors) when using dark modes (themes).  Your post above looks blank to me because I am using dark mode - the text is black and the background is black so it shows up as a blank post. :lol: 

25 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@nrllee really lol. i’m on my phone shopping LOL is it better now?

This is your post.  In plain text.  You just need to click on the link below when it asks.  Then it doesn’t come out black

AGB Nielsen rating

Episode 1 (8/15/20):  7.627% (9.012% Seoul)

Episode 2 (8/16/20):  6.415% (7.585% Seoul)

Episode 3 (8/22/20):  7.014% (8.190% Seoul)

Episode 4 (8/23/20):  6.422% (7.378% Seoul)

Episode 5 (8/29/20):  6.041% (7.070 % Seoul)

Episode 6 (8/30/20):  6.281% (7.487 % Seoul)

Episode 7 (9/5/20):   6.502% (6.950 % Seoul)

Episode 8 (9/6/20):  7.493% (8.856 % Seoul)

Episode 9 (9/12/20):  7.190% (8.553 % Seoul)

• Thanks 1

The pace has been gaining momentum and suddenly slowing down in this episode. Not a right approach when we are facing an urgent situation. 
many many clues need to be addressed And here we are feeling lost just like our characters.  Why all cases have to be connected to DJ all at once? Can we rescue him and solve some first and save the rest for later. Lots of clues had been dropped and piled up. 
As of this episode, not sure if it’s necessary to add a suspicious wife or a possible affair to an already complex story? Hope writer can come up with a proper explanation. 
I fear the writer has overstretched the story and would fall short in the end. 
and yes we need more scenes of just Shimok and Yeo-jin. We haven’t seen Shi-mok smiles as well. We are at the second stretch, so many things. Not the time to wander around and add more mystery to the mix....hurry up. 
Thank you for listening....it’s the very first time watching this drama that I need to vent. 

• Like 6
  • Unamused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

In 9th episode, the questions Shimok asks while simulating the scene in his mind palace. Why it has to be a neck tie? To confirm that it is SDJ's, again why need to do that? Why he/she need to send a neck tie to confirm that, they uploaded the video with Sun Chang's phone number. Even if the kidnapper had sent just the message snap, it would have been implied that s/he is talking of SDJ. I feel as if SDJ himself has sent it. His initial plan might have been to remain hidden for a particular time and come out. Since the yongsan guys put out a video, he had to something. The only thing that doesn't make sense is, if he orchestrated his kidnapping then why? In earlier episode, he didn't even want to die in a scenario as well. He said "if I..., No let's you die". Did he stumble upon something that he shouldn't have? These are all speculation as of now. 

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

In 9th episode, the questions Shimok asks while simulating the scene in his mind palace. Why it has to be a neck tie? To confirm that it is SDJ's, again why need to do that? 

I think it has to be something to date the event.  He changes his tie everyday even if he wears the same shoes and suit.  The tie will place his timeline on CCTV.  Article of clothing is something his wife can identify, unlike his other office stuffs.

@farawayland I feel your frustrations.  Light up the damn phone screen for us director-nim.  What did YJ trying to enlarge? Reflection of the two lights?  The floor pattern where the tie was placed??:smashes:

@nrllee about the alcohol bit, what if we speculate that WTH was in the same car as PGS and fled the scene?

Does anyone dare to guess why PGS was on Hwy 45, near and going to/from his vacation home?  Is this important?

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

20 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

about the alcohol bit, what if we speculate that WTH was in the same car as PGS and fled the scene?

That would mean Woo is the one who killed him. Because the way he was found in the middle of the road with his car, it doesn't make sense. If he got an heart attack while driving, his car should have been continued to move and may be hit by a tree or a blockage. His car was placed exactly middle of the road as if someone placed him there

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

That would mean Woo is the one who killed him. Because the way he was found in the middle of the road with his car, it doesn't make sense. If he got an heart attack while driving, his car should have been continued to move and may be hit by a tree or a blockage. His car was placed exactly middle of the road as if someone placed him there

Yes.  He should have veered off road and there was no airbag deployment.  If he was having a heart attach, he would have tried to pull over to the side of the road or crash if could not.

• Like 6

I need to get this off my chest: Could our dear Si-Mok be allowed a proper meal? It’s gotten to the point where every time i see him lift a spoon to his mouth, or bring a sandwich near his lips, i just know his phone‘s about to ring. Yeo-Jin to the rescue! :wacko:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

12 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

I need to get this off my chest: Could our dear Si-Mok be allowed a proper meal? It’s gotten to the point where every time i see him lift a spoon to his mouth, or bring a sandwich near his lips, i just know his phone‘s about to ring. Yeo-Jin to the rescue! :wacko:

Yeah, it's a running joke, I guess.

When the policemen asked him if he wanted anything more (with their food order) - Yeo-Jin just brushed him aside and said "we can just share everything together." But Shi-Mok looked disappointed, like he wanted to order something!

Waaaah. Poor Shi-Mok.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

Yeah, it's a running joke, I guess.

I think even fate does not want him to eat the things he would like to eat. In one of the BTS videos, he picked the soboro bread and strawberry milk for himself but Lee Joon Hyuk took that while filming. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Eeek @bedifferent @AC95 @taeunfighting  the scissors near the fingers and ear... :crazy:...TLW nightmares...

Okay so this prosecutor was not Park GwangSu.  Looks nothing like him :lol:
6-A976820-9636-4-D4-B-9-EFC-16-C216-F367

The truck driver said the car PGS was driving suddenly stopped?   So he was driving behind PGS when the car suddenly stopped for no reason.  He didn’t say he was driving and then happened upon the car stopped in the middle of the road?  Not sure if it’s a subbing error.  Like people have surmised that’s very odd.  Not to have swerved or lost control?  Just stopped? 

Police have of course dug up the DJ’s past, so now the public mood regarding him is 50-50.  His dirty past linked to LCJ is back in the limelight.  Where previously everyone was sympathetic, now they are divided about his plight.  I am not sure why his wife responded the way she did when she muttered “it’s not your dad” to her son.  Was she just protecting her son and hiding the truth from him?  Was she angry that his past is now resurfacing and the family would have to undergo the same shame and scrutiny all over again?  Or does she know something about his disappearance and she’s not telling?  If she does know that this is just a ruse, she doesn’t seem to be particularly happy about being forced to hide the truth for DJ?

DJ was relegated to Juvenile crime investigation after LCJ.  I keep having the feeling that KSH wants to usurp WTH for some reason?  I might be overthinking.  I always feel like he has an inferiority complex and feels like he has something to prove and that he needs to have the upper hand all the time.

• Like 6

I am still in the fog, unclear of so many things even though I have learnt so many things already. I wish the Police could speed up on their investigation and find Seo Dong Jae alive. But in reality, it is a lot of work and efforts by the Police to find and piece clues together to solve a case. Many cases do go unsolved. 

I am glad Hwang Shi Mok is now working on Park Gwang Su's case. It must be really big for Woo Tae Ha to be in such a panic and Choi Bit to run for her life to her office to retrieve the file on the Dong Jae's call log that Choi Bit stole from Yeo Jin.

I have a good laugh when Shi Mok asked Sa Hyun what are the signs and symptoms to look out for on whether a person is worried. Sa Hyun looked so confused as he answered you just worry. 

We also learned in this episode that Dong Jae has been concentrating on Juvenile crimes. This could be a clue to the 2 boys' drowning case and the survivor boy whom this forum speculated was the one bullied by the 2 drowned boys. 

I like the discussion between Jang Goen and Sun Chang on the nail polish on Dong Jae's wife. 

The scene of Kim Su Hyang changing the TV channel from Yeo Jin's press briefing to another show lingered a little while on his lady co-worker. She could have noticed something. Added to the latest clue that his work place/store was 600 plus metres from the crime scene and that the store belonged to his uncle the demoted Police Chief, the Segok police team is still very much in the suspect list.

I hope that Shi Mok did have a proper meal with the Yeo Jin and the Yong San police team. They did order quite a number of dishes so there must be some stuff that he enjoyed. :)

Although we have many things to worry about, I still would like to know by the end of this season whether the arrest warrant for the rental scammer was issued, and who sent the long john and stuff package to Yoon Se-Won.

And yes, like many here, I want Shi Mok and Yeo Jin to work together more, discuss their thoughts and ideas on the cases more and together solve the cases! And have an undisturbed happy good meal together at the end!

• Like 7

Okay late again to watch it live ( Sunday  isnt the best time to watch drama live :joy:) I am going to watch  it soon and back here to talk I hope we get some progress  today that killing me with the one -2day  timeline  ep and no progress 

It look SDJ  is just  a key  and a reason to investigate  all this cases and his disappear  not the PD and writer  first care  that going to only find him death keeping acting like this 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

The truck driver said the car PGS was driving suddenly stopped?   So he was driving behind PGS when the car suddenly stopped for no reason.  He didn’t say he was driving and then happened upon the car stopped in the middle of the road?  Not sure if it’s a subbing error.  Like people have surmised that’s very odd.  Not to have swerved or lost control?  Just stopped? happy about being forced to hide the truth for DJ?

DJ was relegated to Juvenile crime investigation after LCJ. 

It’s hard to imagine the truck driver would be able to stop in time if he was following the car closely.  More that he came across a car stopped in middle of road, If PGS brakes suddenly, car would have swerved.  Police should have notice tiremarks for both cars.  Check the wheels.

If Choi Bit was involved, we can now raised the question whether she changed more on the report than just omiting the wife’s complaint.  

KCW transferred DJ to the Juvenile division after he went back to his own weasel way.  The regret and guilt by KCW is real, he gave up on DJ’s ability to change.  Contrast to YeoJin’s warm meeting with Mr Yoon where she maintained their connection despite his crime.  She acknowledges his remorse while  respects him as a person owing up his past mistakes.  Her feelings for him as an old colleague mixed in with her considerate nature is the stuffs KCW has to balance with his junior prosecutors.  We talked about her strong sense of justice, what I like more is her compassion and support for others like Mr Yoon and Park’s mother whom she took in last season. I have high hope for CP Kang beyond a mentor to ShiMok for he needs to bring balance and hope in his leadership over all those who rely on him.

• Like 8

Finished ep 9! I do agree that the pace for this ep was a little lacking, from the high we had in ep 7-8. The show has done a good job building up until now, i agree that we should be having a lot more unravelling than more and more fog at this stage. @nona88 do agree about the PD as well =.=, wish that some scenes were done tighter. 

I wish SM and YJ can have their usual informal dinners where they talk things over rather than having those crowded scenes with the whole big investigative police team. Dont feel like the crowd of police actually adds any value to the scene as compared to if we just tightened the group down to the key team members doing the discussion. 

That being said, i am still excited to see this whole thing finally unravel. SdJ's wife is just so suspicious to me. Her weird reactions, mostly overly calm when she first appeared at the police station or when watching news with her son. They must have sent SDJ to the juvenile department for a reason. Working with youth, bullying and all may have been that link to the tongyeong boys. Not sure how that links to the dead prosecutor though. Too much fog! Pls let things clear up a little or have some major revelation at least in the next ep.

• Like 7
  • Where's My Oppa? 1