[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

1 hour ago, farawayland said:

But i started to question why WTH didn’t give that folder to Shimok? He even pretended not to know about it. 

More suspicious is why did he give that file to Shimok now? There was no reason for him to bring out that file unless he is hinting Shimok that Dong Jae's disappearance is connected to that angry chief. If that's the case i am guessing the witness may point his fingers to that angry chief

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

More suspicious is why did he give that file to Shimok now? There was no reason for him to bring out that file unless he is hinting Shimok that Dong Jae's disappearance is connected to that angry chief. If that's the case i am guessing the witness may point his fingers to that angry chief

Not to forget this all happens after he visits the kidnapping site himself, so he must have had a plan while doing so, if he is the one who has planted the fake witness.

• Like 4

Forest of Secrets 2: Episode 10

by quirkycase

FoS210-01194.jpg

We focus on our lead prosecutor’s investigation into the suspicious death case our missing prosecutor was so interested in. So many things in this case don’t add up, yet there’s no solid evidence to prove anything was wrong. Even our lead starts to wonder if he’s grasping at straws, a notion his boss is more than happy to encourage.

EPISODE 10

FoS210-00059.jpgFoS210-00055.jpg

Tae-ha thinks about Dong-jae and Shi-mok digging into the Kwang-soo case as he heads back to his car after meeting with who I’m assuming is Kwang-soo’s wife. Shi-mok is currently going through the slim case file with Dong-jae’s colleagues, but none of them are sure why Dong-jae personally visited the scene.

He chides them for not doing their due diligence and following up on the missing dashcam footage. An open and shut case is not an excuse to be sloppy. The prosecutor who trained under Dong-jae handled the case, and she apologizes for not being thorough. She takes full responsibility and even starts to defend Dong-jae, which doesn’t go unnoticed by Shi-mok.

FoS210-00112.jpgFoS210-00106.jpg

Shi-mok is surprised to hear Dong-jae recently asked for a copy of the case file. The assistant explains that she copied two other files for him at the same time, one of which is in Shi-mok’s possession. The other is on the ex-chief.

They’re all flustered when Shi-mok asks why he’s only hearing about this now, and he doesn’t buy their excuse that they forgot. Dong-jae’s trainee slips out to make a call to the chief of the Namyangju Station traffic division. Well, that’s sketchy.

Meanwhile, Yeo-jin and Gun stop by Soo-hang’s little family restaurant and talk to his aunt. They casually strike up conversation, and she shares that the cooking smells don’t carry to nearby residences as they’re all separated. Yeo-jin looks at Gun meaningfully.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/forest-of-secrets-2-episode-10/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@nona88 and @Gummi we have rooftop scene. It’s my most favourite and I have watched it multiple times.  It’s so poignant and beautiful that speaks volume about their journey and struggles since the end of S1. 
Due to what is happening between police and prosecutor, the relationship between Shi-mok and Yeo-jin can’t help but being affected. Since the drowning case until episode 10, it’s only 24 days ( it does feel like months) it’s realistic that they couldn’t meet a lot since they are not working on the same case as S1. It started to change. I am sure we will see more of them together. 
In an interview, when asked what is audience looking for in season 2, CSW said it is the partnership between SM and YJ. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, farawayland said:

@nona88 and @Gummi we have rooftop scene. It’s my most favourite and I have watched it multiple times.  It’s so poignant and beautiful that speaks volume about their journey and struggles since the end of S1. 
Due to what is happening between police and prosecutor, the relationship between Shi-mok and Yeo-jin can’t help but being affected. Since the drowning case until episode 10, it’s only 24 days ( it does feel like months) it’s realistic that they couldn’t meet a lot since they are not working in the same case as S1. It started to change. I am sure we will see more of them together. 
In a interview, when asked what is audience looking for in season 2, CSW said it is the partnership between SM and YJ. 

I love the rooftop scene too <3<3

Has it only been 24 days?? Gosh ok that was a lot of happenings that it certainly felt like months of SM being back in Seoul. 

I keep thinking SDJ's junior female prosecutor must have something to do with this. Especially with the lingering camera shots on her. Seems like she knows more than she lets on.

• Like 5

D-1, where is my alarm clock? @Jillia :lol:

Some of these photos are precious.  I will miss this drama and the cast when it ends in a few weeks.

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.24.03 PM

The Yongsan squad :cheers:

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.24.12 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.24.29 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.24.40 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.24.53 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.25.02 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.20.11 PM

Sexy-Yeojin Doona Bae vogue-ing.

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.43.21 PM

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.43.32 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.43.40 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.43.48 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.44.00 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.44.07 PM

Growing into the role of a leader 

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.19.53 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.20.40 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.20.47 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.20.56 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.20.22 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.20.31 PM

What will happen to their relationship? 

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.22.40 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.22.14 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.22.50 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.23.05 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.17.51 PM

In Dong Jae we trust.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.18.58 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.18.47 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.17.34 PM

Rounding up the usual suspects. 

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.17.59 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.18.05 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 5.26.27 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 5.26.57 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 5.27.14 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 5.27.45 PMScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 4.17.00 PM

All the cases intersect at Dong Jae but do they really have to be related to each other? :lol: 

Source

On 9/17/2020 at 12:48 AM, nona88 said:

I like the mystery  in season  2 it will writen  no doubt  about that, but it missing the balance  of others things , i guess this article  make me sad a little  and angry cause it say the same the written  script  has more emotional dialogue  and more focusing  on characters  connection  ( I dont think it just about YJ and SM here) 

Yeah, I saw the post in naver.  Would be interested to know if there is a director cut? (Edit:  fan request here )I am surprised that Stranger 2's episodes are not longer than 1hour.  Some dramas do run up to 1:20 length.  I wish S2 has carved out more time for our characters.  They all are so dear to us viewers.  I know writernim is capable of giving emotional beat and heart to her characters.  If I have to point out my disappointment with S2, it's in the ambitious storylines... I mean there are just too many cases, issues, mysteries to solve.  I'd rather we spend a little time with each of them.  I wonder if COVID affected the PD's directing somehow, perhaps he didn't have enough time so had to concentrate on the main plots.

MIA in S2 - our care package sender? :D

Spoiler
Ehw0Rn_UwAAqbTGScreen Shot 2020-09-18 at 6.19.55 PM

Credit: tVN

On 9/16/2020 at 11:08 PM, exolxin said:

Do you guys know how I can insert pictures of the episodes here?  I tried, but they're not appearing.

Hi. You have to upload the photos onto a photo sharing/storage site.  I use flickr.  Then post the URL link of the photo in your post or reply.  Let me know if you need help (PM me).^^

• Like 7

New stills 

0002895143_001_20200919114216772.jpg?typ the police  has to decide  whether to undercover the true or help a group  of bad cops  to hide theirs crime I mean even if they not the one behind  SDJ  disappear , they guilty  of others things and while the police  and the prosecutor  trying to hide their wrong doing and save theirs faces , the people  who really care about finding SDJ  wasting time on those same people  and their lies 

• Like 3

@bedifferent Some of the episodes were even under 1 hour :bawling: They mentioned the filming was very tough, drove hours just to film two scenes. It was at the peak of Covid in SK. 
the writer was very ambitious with her script this time. I can tell she put a lot of thoughts into her script to highlight many social and political issues. It’s all about how it ends. If anyone can pull off a complex but sensible and reflective storyline, it’s her. 
Can’t wait for tonight! 

• Like 4

And another  one :heart:

202009191301292410_1_20200919130246862.j just give me this two great minds  working together  again

I feel tired  getting one or two scene of them working their smart minded , but  then go back to dealing with the same office  power struggle, I want the " dont care"  partner back  

I will quote  SM  saying from season  1 " but aren't  we the people  who supposed  to search for the true " 

• Like 9

Bae Doona posted

2020072180120_0.jpg

Source

I caught part of the live streaming, have to rely on Netflix later for the full gist.

Spoiler

Soon Chang followed Capt Baek to the apt where he encountered an old sick woman who is Capt Baek's mom.  The police squad was summoned for questioning where we learn that the squad took kickback money was to help cover drug cost for Baek's mom.  I think this is why they all shared blame and let Baek get the lesser sentence without complaint.

Chief of Dongducheon confessed that he falsified OT records, he went to the gym during those times.  ShiMok questioned if police is still withholding evidences.  YJ still has not told him about the clock image. The eyewitness ID Baek as the culprit that night.  He is detained but continues to plead innocence. 

YJ/SM started a joint investigation for DJ, both went to the site to reenact the scene.  DJ's wife visited Baek at police's cell to plead for his whereabout.  Baek insisted he doesn't know.

Witness was brought back to the scene... he's suspicious people!

• Like 3

it’s been so long since i last saw YJ and SM work together like this in episode 11! the segok police station case will be closed now, it seems. we can finally put this case to rest and move forward. 

WTH and hanjo planted the witness together to get it over with and to keep SM and YJ away from investigating further. i don’t think they were aware of how meticulous SM is. there’s still a lot we don’t know about hanjo and i’m really wishing SM would finally sense something in his radar and go back to it again.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dairymilks said:

WTH and hanjo planted the witness together to get it over with and to keep SM and YJ away from investigating further. i don’t think they were aware of how meticulous SM is. there’s still a lot we don’t know about hanjo and i’m really wishing SM would finally sense something in his radar and go back to it again

I think CB is also involved in that. Because in the preview they came to know that our precious duo share every details with each other. It could be that both wanted to test them whether they can find out whether the witness is fake or not.

Also, Shimok noticed that the witness was glancing at Kim Su Hang before pointing out Baek.

• Like 6

Oh well... After twists and turns, here we are. More twists and turns. :blink:

Maybe this is the least possible theory, but I feel like we've been misled by so many clues and information that we forget the actual theme of the season: police vs prosecutor. Hence, the MAJOR question that we should ask is who will be benefited from the clash between them?

I'd say it's the big bad corporations, and not just all corporations - there's only one giant company that we know - Hanjo. But who in Hanjo is responsible?

If prosecutors win the battle, corporations can buy their way in and easily manipulate the criminal investigation and dictate the result > but this is what always been done before since LCJ's time. So what is the urgency? Who is so desperate to break the relationship between police and prosecutors?

If it is Hanjo, then who in Hanjo has the power to mastermind the whole thing? And for what goals? 

It seems very far-fetched and too god-like, since this person has to be able to visualize the whole thing, from orchestrating SDJ kidnapping to creating false witness and to change public's opinions. 

Definitely not LYJ. I don't see her capable of this. Most likely Director Park but on whose order and what's the motive? Preview tomorrow seems to show Hanjo's scenes. So not sure  \_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think either CB and WTH is behind this. They are tied in Namyajung case but definitely have nothing to do with SDJ's kidnapping. They both have too much to lose here; reputation, career, respect.

I'm a bit disappointed with HYJ-HSM partnership in this episode. They're rather awkward and overly polite since HYJ is not updating HSM on the investigation. Buuut tomorrow, they are criticised for being too open and sharing everything. So it's all good. :rolleyes: :P

• Like 7

The witness isn't entirely fake. I mean can he fake his location after the day has passed? He has to know about the incident and the place. Police made it public on 29th. So, can he fake his location of 26th on 29th ? He has witnessed something. Also when Shimok asked him why did he go so far, his expressions were weird. 

• Like 5

I don`t like Captain Baek but I knew he is not the one who kidnapped Dong Jae.

Woo Tae ha gave the interview knowing very well that the police officer might not be guilty! It doesn`t matter the truth. He enjoyed pointed the suspect on the media anyway because he was a cop. He knows how to use words. It was a "victory" for the prosecutor -police war over the investigative rights but how about the real victim? Just like the woman from the Public Prosecutor office said. They celabrate (Woo tae ha and a higher up prosecutor) when Dong Jae was not even found yet. They don`t give a damn about their colleague or another human life. it is all about politics, about their own interests.

Choi Bit is the same. She used Yeo Jin to strongly deny they are involve and now Yeo Jin is in the spotlight to blame.

Now I wonder if both Choi Bit and Woo Tae ha did not manipulated everything, using the "investigative rights fight" as a cover. We know that both have the same interest, they want to cover the same case, their own  involvement. They both use Yeo Jin and Shi Mok and they won`t hesitate to blame on them to not solve the case when they were manipulated the investigation in the first place. I don`t believe they are behind the kidnapping but they are not behind Shi Mok and Yeo Jin to solve the case either.

I start to wonder if Choi Bit and Woo Tae Ha are genuinly seize the opportunities for their team regarding the investigative rights or they are really working together to distract Shi Mok and Yeo jin.

In the next episode we found out more about Hanjo and their involvement.

Choi Bit and Woo Tae Ha are not pleased to see our favorite duo working together. Well, they won`t stop finding the truth. They eventually will find what their bosses are afraid to discover.

• Like 7

Okay late for the party  but had so fun  watching  it 

1. The witness  smarking  at SM  when he asked him why  to go that far and asking him" what do you mean why" for me mean the prosecutors  is involved  in the lies he said - I know that suddenly  witness  appearing  after chief woo visited  the crime scene was so much to be coincident 

2. For me both Choi and woo dont care about the investigation  right more then they care about themselves, all the fake and self and half baked justice  they where talking about why they do what they do and how much they cover for the big case but in the end as I wrote before when it come to choice between  that big case and goal and between  themselves  , they will choice  themselves  and their future and in the end they will find away to benefit  from all that even when the police  and the prosecutor being hated from public ( just like how I hate how woo want to focus  all the blame on YJ  and not Choi  on the wrong investigate results) 

3. I know that I cant forgive  what the all this police officers did back then , but at least they had some loyalty  and brotherhood  between  them , they all didn't  hide everything  cause they fear their captain  but cause they love him and want to help him ( that mean at some point he was a really good captain to them) and it good to see that side to, since we wrote  before the writer  adressing  the wrong on the system in fair way to everyone  ( they should also care about fixing  those things not just blaming the people  who cornered  by that too ) 

4. I like how SM  didn't  even back off and even point YJ  hidden  things so load, I know he wasnt angry  from her but he had to do that, I think that even helped  her after all him even point fingers  on her save her from being blamed  of how he come there at that time,  sure I like how guilty  YJ  felt cause of that , she was so down and feeling distant  from SM , she keeped trying to prove that she will not hide anything  from him again  and that was so cute  ( she do care a lot about losing his trust )   

I know it only 5 episode  left but they should really made the episode  legend  more then hours then we would get more progress  on the investigation  and all the characters  growing ( at least they going to let them work  together  now right? )

I have  to say I know that at some point they needed  to make time  jump  at least  couple  of months  so are we getting that soon , imagination  them stopped  the investigation  for a while and after that finding  SDJ  body that has just die recently  , that mean he was a live while they closeted  the case and the captain  is innocent  let me see Choi and woo face when that happened ,( okay I feel bad they can find him a live too ) 

• Like 3