[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

On 11/2/2019 at 12:23 AM, firstaid said:

, will HB & SYJ agree to such scenes too? I know that SYJ and HB have acted in such similar scenes before and they’re really professional actors. But would it be different if you are acting such steamy scenes with a co-actor who is a stranger or not close to you, as compared to one who is already a close friend? For me, it would probably be more comfortable is it’s not a close friend. I would find it weird and very awkward if he’s/she’s a close friend. Unless he or she is really not just a close friend but something more special ;)

My opinion its a bit awkward doing steamy scene with your so called close friends or to even more than friends. And i think both hyunbin and sonyejin may have a counter acting as their suggestion in replace to steamy scene if there's any. Hope nothing steamy scene on this drama. Kissing scene just enough to bring us their superb chemistry that full of laughters and sobbing. More to their acting performance line so that both can get an awards:wub:. May the good Lord bless this drama as we long for. :innocent:dear hyunbin and sonyejin fans do uplift little prayers to let this drama a success. Their success its also our success coz we love them both. :blush:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2019 at 10:23 AM, firstaid said:

And though I'm really anticipating the drama, I'm also suspensefully waiting for the BTS. My imagination has gone on overdrive after watching the 2nd teaser and can only speculate how much they rehearsed the scenes. 

:D I was the same when watching the 2nd teaser. The scene when she fell on him. I imagined how many times they had to rehearse it so the position she laid on him would look natural as someone fell down from the top. They already looked so close. I'm so happy we are getting closer to the release date.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

On 11/6/2019 at 6:13 AM, thi2018 said:

Lovely couple 

Super duper lovely couple:love:. Love them the future husband and wife hyunbin and sonyejin:innocent:

Edited by stroppyse
mod edit: Please do not quote images, gifs, or videos.
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

This edit is so cute that I can’t help but to share it here.

Won’t share over at the drama thread as it is edited :blush: 
Just to give you a flavor of this very cute scene- 

Yoon SeRi: wave your hand

Lee Jeong Hyeok : (wave hand with a deadpan but extremely cute face) I will be back.

(can’t wait to see such cute interactions between them in the drama :wub:)

By the way I saw some discussion over at SYJ’s thread about who the Writer contacted first for the drama (lurked on the latest page there coz I wanted to see if any of SYJ’s fans did English subtitling of the full script reading clip).

From the info I have saved for my own consumption, the first official news about them being casted in the drama was early April (the article I saved was dated 3 April) and it was reported that both have been offered. The next official news about their confirmation was in May (22nd May if I am not wrong) and it was reported both of them have confirmed their acceptance for the lead roles. So, based on official news, both were offered and both accepted at the same time.

A re-reading of that script offer news made me realize that it was reported that Writer Park Ji Eun had been traveling back and forth between the US and Korea for the purpose of working  on the drama for the past few months (ie for the few months before April). My guess is that she had wanted both of them as leads in her drama (maybe after hearing what Hyun Bin has said about wanting to do a romance project with SYJ during Negotiation promo). And the sightings of them in the US could be that they were there to meet up with the Writer too (again, this is purely my own speculation) as Writer lives there. If so, it is true that he was there for a work schedule and they were with other people, as so stated by Hyun Bin’s agency :D

• Like 1
  • Love 3

The earliest news article I could find regarding this drama is dated March 7, 2019 (https://www.soompi.com/article/1308738wpp/hyun-bin-in-contact-with-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-writer-regarding-potential-new-drama). It clearly said "Hyun Bin’s agency VAST Entertainment also confirmed that the two sides had talked about the actor’s schedule but added, “However, we haven’t met to discuss anything yet.”

However in SYJ's thread as posted by thi2018 translating an article on page 627 based on this article https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000733614, it said that SYJ got the offer first. Whatever be the case on who got the offer first or if they got offered simultaneously, I am of the opinion that their LA meet-ups & trips were not purely for official or for business purposes alone. If it's just for the sake of discussing a potential drama offer, there is no need for personal meet-ups as they could have discussed it by phone or through skype. Let alone that HB had to travel all the way from Korea just for that (SYJ as said by her agency had already scheduled her visit to a close female friend as has done in the past). But I do believe that they were with other people during their sightings as per posts by fchopin in page 607 which I quote in italics:

"According to the same FB account, the above is the original post on January 9 from an anonymous person started the rumor

●right now Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are in LA, with Lee Jin Woo

●why are they there, any events? Who is Lee Jin Woo?

●really? are they really close? If not, are there any events?

After researching,  fb owner said Lee Jin Woo is HB's senior served in Marines. Also, when they were spotted last year (on August 11, 2018) at the golf course,  the name of the golf course was blacked out...so meaning someone actually saw them there at that particular golf course. There was one comment on YJ's IG "I saw you in LA" and another one "wife Son goes vacation to US with Hyun Bin?" 

Re HB & SYJ’s cute interaction in the script reading posted above: Aside from HB’s tender glance at SYJ in their latest video greeting which gives me the feels, no matter how much I try to rein in my shipper heart, time & time again they both give me tell-tale signs how much connected they are. Did they have a prior rehearsal by themselves? Coz why would SYJ only at this time look at HB’s direction when she had all along been just looking down at her script & why did HB on cue do this very cute gesture while also still looking down. If unrehearsed, my they must be so psychologically in-tune w/ each other that it’s really mind-boggling…

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 3

Ah so this writer lives in US too..

I thought only Negotiation’s director lives in US..

Question : ok let say HB & SYJ went to US to meet the writer (i still doubt it),is it also happen to her other drama..

i mean JJH and LMH go to US too for LOTBS?

or the casts of her other drama?

Btw,i remember that during March,i read the news about HB got offer and im praying hard that SYJ also got an offer.

But i dont really put a high hope knowing in Korea,it is impossible a rumor couple to be in 1 project together.

And i remember some fans want JJH to be the lead actress since shes is the writer’s favourite and there is a news she will make a comeback this year.

Then on end of March or early Apr,there is a news both got offer.

The both confirmed at the same time.

And suddenly there is a news SYJ got the offer first.

I only know she got the offer for One Spring Night and The Pirates.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I think it doesn’t matter whether Hyun Bin was in the US solely because of discussions on the drama or whether he was there also to meet up with SYJ. I do think that since Writer lives there, there’s a high chance that part of the reason was to further explore the possibility of working on this drama. I have long known that drama casting offers and discussions happen long before it goes out in the news. In some cases, they use news of drama casting offers itself as a publicity tool in order to promote awareness of the new drama - for example Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye were reportedly offered the drama which later became known as Where Stars Land (original title had the word “Airport” in it - can’t remember the title off hand now), then it quickly transpired that Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye had rejected it coz they were alr casted in Memories of the Alhambra. This shows that the offers were given out much earlier and they publicized the drama offer even though they most probably had alr turned it down. So yes, in that instance, the casting news were to get people to know about that drama. In other cases especially involving established actors, drama casting is discussed personally with the actors first and the actors approached would give their in-principle agreement before the news go out.

As for Binjin, Hyun Bin through his agency has acknowledged that they are close. And it is clear to me from their body language- whether during Negotiation promo or now that they are promoting Crash Landing, that they have this special connection because they are close. This makes me really excited about their drama and looking forward to seeing them as a couple. Saw some speculations about close friends working together in recent  sharings in this thread. I’d just say that close friends acting as lovers isn’t unheard of either. For example in Reply 1988, Go Kyung Pyo and Ryu Hye Young are two close friends who acted as lovers and there were some great kissing scenes too :D In fact, the opposite view is just as valid. As I had shared before, their agreeing to work together in the drama is a sign in the opposite direction for me. And I am not alone in having this view, coz there were many knetz comments that go, “Heol?! I thought they are dating?” when the drama confirmation news first came out haha..(for the k entertainment industry, it is uncommon for real couples who are alr together to act as a couple).

At the end of the day, I trust that whatever the reality is, in the drama, both will definitely be professional enough to put on their professional hats as the occasion calls for it. And we will definitely get lots and lots of great chemistry and shippable moments! That’s more than good enough for me haha :D 

Having now watched My Love From The Star, I think the Writer is very much focussed on the writing of the female lead character, so I believe SYJ will have a well written character role for this drama. In My Love From The Star only JJH’s character is funny. KSH’s character isn’t funny at all. I just hope that Writer will give us a strong and funny/cute character writing for Lee Jeong Hyeok as well. It will be an immense waste of his talent not to. Though in reality he’s a reserved person who is easily embarrassed, Hyun Bin really really shines in comedic roles. Those of you who have watched Kim Sam Soon and Secret Garden will know what I mean.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Let's make a compilation as accurated as possible, hope it would make things more comprehensible.

1. To this(https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003388180), Hyun Bin was offered the role on 8th March, which was the first news of this drama. In this news, it said two sides were trying to arrange a meeting to discuss, and we're constantly contacted to check Bin's schedule.

2. To this (https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/052/0001274339), Ye Jin was offered the role on 3rd April. In this news, it said Park was going back and forth between Korea and the US to prepare for this drama (not that she is living in the US).

3. To this (https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/396/0000510361) which was the first news said they confirmed the drama. In this news, it said the locations would be in Korea and America but there wasn't any information about the content nor the characters.

4. To this (https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000733614),  it said Ye Jin was the one who received the offer before Hyun Bin.

5. And this one confirm the location was Switzerland.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/213/0001121802

My two cents:

- When everything revealed, I believe news said Ye Jin was offered the role first was accurated, no need to hide or lie about anymore. That means the news in April was delayed compared to the real timeline. The wonder is when was she actually offered the role? No one knows.

- For Hyun Bin, it could be doubted that the news in March could possibly be later than the real time he was offered.

That leads to the idea two of them were offered the role before and met in LA to discuss the drama.

HOWEVER

1. Compare to Ye Jin's news which just stated that Ye Jin was offered the role and carefully considered it without saying when, Hyun Bin news stated more clearly the situation that both actor and write sides tried to arrange a meeting, contacted to check his schedule.... I believe the offer for him was around that time. I think for most Korean dramas, for casting news, it has the stereotype that either of two main's  casting news will be announced later than real offer and the latter will be kind of close to the real time. 

2. Even if they both were offerd the roles before March and April or even around 2018 December or this January, the idea that they met in LA to discuss the drama still very irrelevant.

- If you follow them very closely like I did i have to admit, you will know the timeline. They have been spotted 4 times including the grocery date. The first was in November 2018 (not August because at that time they were promoting Negotiation, of course they met often, we couldn't said they were spotted LOL) and 2 times before grocery one. Both were in January. Now the point is why would they meet two times with other friends or even family members (I said as if the rumors were true) and then met the writer of a new offered drama that they haven't made any decisions to be in it. And why did they have to go grocery shopping for that? Not to mention their clothes were pointed out seemed to be golf clothes.

I have stated this before in Ye Jin thread,  when Director of Negotiation came back to the US, he received news that they accepted the roles and needed to discuss the movie, he had to flew back to Korea to meet them. An that was the movie they already accepted.

Ye Jin's trip to the US was after her working trip to Thailand to film a CF. She went with her staffs to Thailand and then flew alone to the US, her stylist, make up went back to Korea. It means the trip was totally a personal trip. I don't think with Ye Jin personality, or even Hyun Bin who had just finished Memories of Alhambra few days before, they would fly to the US to discuss for a drama. 

- Now wonder if it's only me who feel tangled with this point. Why for two news, it stated Park writer went to the US to prepare for the drama and it would be one of the locations and the final decision was Switzerland (and Mongolia). Now seems it has nothing to do with the US. Do you think for a big project like this, changing location, especially the location relates closely and significantly to the plot, would be that easy and possible? Therefore I think, the US is just where Mrs Park went to get idea, materials or anything related to the scripts. It was not that relevant to make people associate and equate with BinJin's trip. The news about Korea-US locations maybe an assumption based on that. 

For @cybertron information about JJH, actually there was rumor Park's first offer was for her and she turned it down. Even though rumor is rumor only, if it's true, Ye Jin wouldn't probably be offered it around January.

------------

Not really related to this one, Ye Jin was offered role in the Pirates 2 and seemed to accept it. Then Kim Nam Gil refused to be in and since that time no more news for the movie. But recently, an actor posted on his Instagram that he already film a movie called Boston 1947 starred Ye Jin, Ha Jung Woo, Im So Wan without any single official news but rumors surrounded that project. The actor said it was a big project that he couldn't reveal anything more. So it's still doubtful. But of it's true, she would probably film it around February to July before she started Crash landing on you.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 3

I think it doesn't matter anymore who got the first offer and the most important thing is they are now in the drama and probably this will be their last team up so I'll keep my fingers crossed that this would be the best drama of 2019 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

@bichngoc93 Ah yes! You have just triggered my memory that it was initially reported that the shooting location would be the US. In fact I had even tweeted about it :D Btw, in the 3rd April news, it was reported that both Hyun Bin and SYJ are in discussion to act in the drama. This was the news that I had saved for my own consumption (so it wasn’t just SYJ -  현빈과 손예진이 박지은 작가의 신작 출연을 논의하고 있다"면서 "올 상반기 '로맨스는 별책부록'을 선보였던 이정효 PD가 연출을 맡을 예정"이라고 밝혔다)

@alou68 Totally agree with you! The important thing is that we are getting this drama! 

I’d like to apologize if my posts had been on the insensitive side and have caused anyone to be upset. Many many apologies :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

And the sightings of them in the US could be that they were there to meet up with the Writer too (again, this is purely my own speculation) as Writer lives there. If so, it is true that he was there for a work schedule and they were with other people, as so stated by Hyun Bin’s agency :D

So for syj , she went there in US for work related also and at same time attend sofia's bday... Then after their whole week of work discussion maybe thats the time they get to know well by celebrating together in yejin's bday and going out with some acquaintances like the shopping incident. So maybe they are not yet in relationship or maybe totally they aren't. And maybe they prefer both to just being a close friends. We as binjin shippers only in our assumptions that they are into until. Its ok as long as they are friends. 

So therefore they weren't telling the lies if somehow they both went in US for work reasons sideline friendship goals only. 

Thanks for your info sister:)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@KimSooHanMoo of course the news in April was after Hyun Bin's one, which meant at that time they both were considering, his news was in March already. I just talked about Ye Jin because that was the day her offer news was released. 

@Loveumore I wonder whether you read our discussion above to lead to your statement that she went to the US for work related and there was a week of discussion thing :o

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

11 hours ago, cybertron said:

Question : ok let say HB & SYJ went to US to meet the writer (i still doubt it),is it also happen to her other drama..

i mean JJH and LMH go to US too for LOTBS?

or the casts of her other drama?

Just a little thoughts, the supposed meet for a drama discussion should be done inside korea. However syj's schedule already set in US coz of her friends invitation. Whereas for hyunbin i guess his free at that time too since he and mota team just wrapped up the party in december so going over to US isn't a problem for him. 

In short they all go along in syj's schedule so US is their meeting up. And the rest after is their personal vacation; for example meeting up with negotation director as they became closer too during their movie promo and he knows more about them. :)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, alou68 said:

I think it doesn't matter anymore who got the first offer and the most important thing is they are now in the drama and probably this will be their last team up so I'll keep my fingers crossed that this would be the best drama of 2019 

Amen. Best drama best casting in one:innocent:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, bichngoc93 said:

@KimSooHanMoo of course the news in April was after Hyun Bin's one, which meant at that time they both were considering, his news was in March already. I just talked about Ye Jin because that was the day her offer news was released. 

@Loveumore I wonder whether you read our discussion above to lead to your statement that she went to the US for work related and there was a week of discussion thing :o

My ideas just an assumption to that possible. :)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1