Quantcast
cybertron

[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

A Chinese fan has posted the Chinese translation of a Ceci’s interview with Hyunbin in 2009. Actually, on weibo, in order to educate new fans about Hyunbin (these became fans of Hyunbin after Memories of the Alhambra), a few of his old time fans have dug up and reposted their past postings of translations of news and interviews. This Chinese translation of this Ceci interview is however a new one that was just posted yesterday.

This interview was done after he had a 19-month long working period of working on 3 projects -  TV Drama ‘World Within Us’ in 2008, followed by TV Drama ‘Friends Our Legend’ in 2009 and Movie ‘I am Happy’. The interviewer quoted lines from his characters or the female lead characters in these projects (as well as his earlier projects) and posed him questions based on these quotes. It is a very meaningful interview which gives us a very good insight into his views about acting and his profession. The interview also gives us a glimpse of how and what he thinks about certain things concerning love, marriage, family etc.

I have only extracted the parts that are relevant/interesting for the readers and participants in this thread. My English translation of extracts of this Ceci’s Interview is based on the Chinese translation as I do not have access to the original Hangeul version.

#JiWoo “That’s what I don’t like about you. I’d say this, you and I are dating. Why do we have to hide this from the people in our company?” – (Worlds Within Us, Episode 9)

Q: Until now, as soon as you have a girlfriend, not only through your agency but you yourself would announce it to the media. It seems like you do not have the habit of hiding such information from the public.

A: It is not that I want to reveal. It is also not that I do not want to reveal. By coincidence, it just happened to be revealed. And then things take off on its own. Now I have become an active contributor to scandals. Anyhow, this is unavoidable. So, I’d like to think that it is not such a bad thing for it to become people’s casual talk/gossip topic. However, I do not want this to be the basis that dictates my emotions. Koreans‘ reception to such things is different from foreigners’; Koreans are concerned about matters like, “This is my man”; “This is my oppa”. To be honest, I really dislike releasing any news about my girlfriend’s and my family members’ private life and matters. This is because, my fans do not become my fans after seeing me in my private life. And if because my girlfriend is like this, my family members are like that, I am like this or that in real person, if all of these are revealed, then in the future, what is left for me to show to all?   (Me: Referring to the fact that people will see it as acting and start to dissociate him with the drama characters. In the earlier part of the Interview, he talked about how after each project, people would call him by his drama character’s name, so he has become Gook (Ireland), Sam-shik (Kim Sam Soon), Ji-woo, Dong-su to them.). If I am no longer acting, then I would not mind for all of these to be revealed. Because this is not the case, my life is still a precious material that can be revealed through acting, that’s why I guard my privacy very jealously.

#JiWoo “What? I? Why do you assume that I am thinking of marriage and am crazy about getting married? You can ask around and ask any man. Which fool wants to get married?” (World Within Us Ep 7)

Q: While this is also the case for everybody, but even more so for an actor, marriage really isn’t an easy decision at all. Do you have any longing to get married or any phobia against marriage?

A: Indeed I hope and dream of marriage and having a family of my own. First of all, even though I have a certain degree of wealth, I want to be able to see my family walking around freely and living an ordinary, simple life. And no matter where my wife goes, I want to be able to be with her or see her without constraints. (Laughs). And I hope to be able to do away with the conventional parent-child barrier that results in a lot of parent-child misunderstanding and arguments. I want to have a happy and harmonious relationship with my children like that between friends. If I have a son, then, unarguably, let me be the one to teach my son. My father is very strict, so I do entertain happy wishful thoughts that I will not be like that. When I crave or long for marriage, these thoughts come in useful. (laughs). If my son wants to smoke, I will let him smoke in front of me. If he wants to exercise, I will coach him in physical activities. If he has a girlfriend, then I will let him bring her home. I want to be a person who can spend time with my family members whenever they need me, and a father who can accompany my children in every small and big milestone. I hope to build my own family and to have more family members to spend my life together with.

#JungAh “For you, love is about two people being happy together. For me, love is about two people being together, even if it brings misery to them.” #Gook “Dangerous love? I didn’t know you are such a person, now that I understand you more, I hate that kind of love.” (Ireland Ep 15) (Me: Hyunbin was Gook in Ireland and his wife “JungAh” was acted by Lee Na Young. In that drama, his wife did not love him but another man she fell in love with after her marriage.)

Q: Between “being happy together” kind of love vs “being together even if it brings misery” kind of love, for Hyunbin, which of these two types of love would more accurately describe your stand on love?

A: I like Gook’s stand on love, being happy together. This has nothing to do with my own will. It’s probably because the Korean society has created the man to be in a certain image. It is etched in the Korean man’s mind that he is to protect the family, provide financially for the family and to bear all kinds of responsibilities. If it is only the two people living in misery, then it is still probably okay. But in Korea, this is not possible. If the two people are in misery, their parents will also be miserable. Other family members will also be affected. When I think about these things, I will definitely not choose this type of love.

#JiWoo “Didn’t you beg your sunbaenim not to use the clichéd ‘destiny love story’, or ‘love at first sight type of hapless love story’ or ‘the irrationally melancholic and uninteresting kind of love story” as the script material? You are no longer a child. Regarding what adults say about destined love, fated love, first love, love at first sight, honestly, aren’t all these things just packaging?” (World Within Us Ep 5).

Q: Destined love, love at first sight, first love that is pure, fated love…Do you believe in these?

A: I believe, but I have never experienced any of these. I do not have anybody that can be counted as my “first love”. When I was in Elementary School, I did not ever have a crush on a teacher or my classmate seated next to me. I have also never idol-worshipped a foreign celebrity or movie star. In junior and senior High School, I did not have any interactions with girls (Me : He was in an all-boys high school all the way till end of senior High). It is not because I had any prejudices against girls at that time. It is just that I did not develop those kinds of feelings towards anyone. If a certain person looks good to me, I would just have this thought, “yes, that person looks good”, that is all; I never entertained the thought of whether I love that person – not even once.

Q: Even so, in the process of growing up, you must have fallen in love before. Your first love must have caught you by surprise, wouldn’t you say so? Because the feelings of first love is like that.

A: No, not really. (Laughs). When I fell in love, it was different. I don’t know what the reason is, it was just different. After the love relationship ended, the question, “Did I really love that person?” came into my mind. Clearly, I did say “I love you”, and I was definitely happy when we were together. At that time, it did feel like it was love, but when it ended, I have asked myself, “Was that love?”. Perhaps, “Ah, this is what love is” is something that needs time to discover and realize. 

This is the end of the extracts that I have for you.

Now, let me share what Son Yejin said at Pretty Noona’s press conference:

Please watch from 3:17-4:13.

This is shared with me by one of our chingu here. I saw this clip before I read the Chinese translation post of his Ceci’s interview and it struck me that what they have said about their “past loves” is so similar. Haha..again, blame my imagination - I was wondering if one of them might have borrowed the idea from the other after hearing each other’s sharing since it resonated with her :D 

For those who are less familiar, at the time of the interview, Hyunbin was officially still with (the female lead in World Within Us), but they were both busy with their own projects after that. After the interview, Hyunbin took a break in which he traveled a bit, before going into his next mega hit - Secret Garden. Immediately after Secret Garden, he went on to do two more movies - ‘Come Rain Come Shine’ and ‘Late Autumn’ before entering into military service as a Marine Officer (I believe he volunteered for this which is known to be the toughest in Korean military service) in March 2011. He had no breaks at all after Secret Garden and all that the media managed to squeeze in just before his enlistment was a guesting in a three-part episode in Taxi. When asked if he had a gf then, his answer was still a “yes”. However, on the second day after his enlistment, a joint statement about the break up was released. (Sorry about these little details as I thought it would be useful to understand a bit about the context and situation then.)

As I have mentioned before, he has always thought about getting married and having children. In this interview and other interviews he also talked about why he chose to complete his university degree and even went on to achieve a master’s- it is because he wants his children to be able to insert under “qualifications of father” the indication that their father is a university graduate. (FYI - In Korea, application forms including application forms for jobs etc require you to fill in details of your parents’ qualifications as well as details of your weight, height etc..this is something that many of us can’t understand or accept but this is just how the Korean society is like. Knowing this will also help you understand why certain things are the way they are and why gender biasness exists in Korea...sorry for the extra details :sweatingbullets:)

• Like 1
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 1

Just in case some of you might be wondering about the time frames - for example, Pretty Noona appears to be before The Negotiation’s release, let me give you some info:

14 June 2017 - Script Reading for The Negotiation
17 June 2017 - The start of The Negotiation shooting 

23 August 2017 - Script Reading for and the start of Rampant shooting 

The press conference for Pretty Noona was in March 2018. By then our couple have already worked together during the shooting of The Negotiation. 

From the schedule, you will see that The Negotiation’s shooting time was really short. Usually, editing for a movie takes 6-18 months after completion of shooting before its premiere, quite unlike a drama and most Korean dramas are shot in tandem with its airing. 

Hyunbin was really busy in 2017. There was the release, press con and promotion of Confidential Assignment in Jan, Feb, followed by lots of CFs shooting, followed by The Negotiation and then Rampant shooting, followed by the release of The Swindler and its promotion and stage greetings etc. In 2018, he was busy with more CF and other commercial endorsements etc before Memories of the Alhambra’s shooting from May to August. Contrary to the general perception, as Memories of the Alhambra was pre-produced, he was relatively free during the promotion of The Negotiation which began in August but really went into its earnest in September. So yes, by then he had finished MOA shooting. At that time, he had been on a bull run for a long time before that and was only able to be relatively more relaxed during The Negotiation promotion period onwards till end of the year which also explains why he could play golf etc.. :wub:

Haha.. I also happen to have noted the timing of the news re the breakup of his other public relationship...and have my own speculations about the timing but I won’t say anything here as I do want to respect Soompi’s rules about being sensitive in posting about other celebs. 

In case you are wondering why I have such detailed info about his schedule, haha..his Chinese Mrs Kims keep his calendar down to the minutest detail including his attendance at so-and-so’s weddings :D And don’t worry, most of his Chinese Mrs Kims are long time fans who have lived through a few jealousy episodes unscarred and still loving him. Some of us like myself can’t wait for news that he has found his love and is ready to enter a more stable phase in his life :P

Just a bit more about him - I love that everytime I read his interview response I see an honest man who tells you like it is. He is not one to sugar coat his response. Sometimes he’s too honest for his own good haha..for example in his earlier time he frankly said he has never worked before his debut and got a lot flak for it. Another time, upon his discharge from army, he cried uncontrollably. When asked, I was expecting to hear that he was so touched by the turnout that came to welcome him back to civilian society but instead, he said he missed acting so much..haha..he really is a man man. An actress (can’t recall if it was Gong Hyojin or someone else) said before, if you are choosing romance, you’d go for Lee Min Ho; but if you are choosing a husband, it will undoubtedly be Hyunbin :D If I remember it correctly to be GHJ who said this, then hmm..she’ll give good advice to her good friend correct? (Is she one of the 7 Cinderellas?)

Okay enough of me raving about Hyunbin.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I was watching the compilation above and I was wondering ... if HB is aways that attentive to his co-leads? I felt that he gazed so sweetly at her in all those interviews. Oh be still, my heart!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Hello BinJin shippers! First time here on soompi. First let me introduce myself, I am a Hyun Bin fan. Been his fan for quite some time now. Thank you randomlee for the ceci interview post! Its my first time to read that interview. I don't know why i have missed it. Haha.

Anyway, that's what really makes me love Hyun Bin, his sincerity every time he is interviewed. He doesn't just give cliche answers just for the sake of doing the interview. He means what he says and says what he means.

And anyway, just wanna comment that memories of alhambra filming was from May to Dec. Last filming day was Dec 30 dawn. I remember hyun bin was interviewed and he looked so tired and cold. And he said its early morning of dec 30. 

So during Negotiation promos he was really busy with moa filming. I read an interview from the PD and he said hyun bin told him if only he had a clone so he can do all the work he needs to do.

Right after Negotiation promos ended he started promoting Rampant and still did filming for moa.

So i can say he was very busy yet had time to play golf in Nov.

Ever since i haven't shipped hyun bin with anybody, until son ye jin came along. I don't know why but when Negotiation promos started i just loved watching them together, such great chemistry! But i just started to ship them quietly

• Like 5
  • Love 3

16 hours ago, Fangirlingislife said:

Hello BinJin shippers! First time here on soompi. First let me introduce myself, I am a Hyun Bin fan. Been his fan for quite some time now. Thank you randomlee for the ceci interview post! Its my first time to read that interview. I don't know why i have missed it. Haha.

And anyway, just wanna comment that memories of alhambra filming was from May to Dec. Last filming day was Dec 30 dawn. I remember hyun bin was interviewed and he looked so tired and cold. And he said its early morning of dec 30. 

So during Negotiation promos he was really busy with moa filming. I read an interview from the PD and he said hyun bin told him if only he had a clone so he can do all the work he needs to do.

Right after Negotiation promos ended he started promoting Rampant and still did filming for moa.

So i can say he was very busy yet had time to play golf in Nov.

Ever since i haven't shipped hyun bin with anybody, until son ye jin came along. I don't know why but when Negotiation promos started i just loved watching them together, such great chemistry! But i just started to ship them quietly

Welcome to this thread! I feel less outnumbered now haha..other than myself, now you, there’s also @firstaid - we are fans of Hyunbin first. 

Re the Ceci interview, it’s the interview with these pictorials (there are some more but won’t share here coz this is Binjin thread).

0wrcw7Y.jpg

If you read Chinese, 青青子衿在天涯 has done a full translation. It’s a very good read haha.. I found out from this interview that he does sculpturing when he’s free (knew about his mother being a sculptor but never knew he does it as one of his hobbies as well). And he said that he learned to draw and write from his mother. Find his handwriting really artistic. He must have inherited the artistic talent from his mother. (am too lazy to translate for Hyunbin thread and it’s an old interview as well)

And thank you so much for that correction! Yes, haha, there was also Rampant promo (I must not forget that there was even overseas promo) and some more filming of MoA back in Korea after the overseas filming. My bad haha.:sweatingbullets: But glad to know that he seemed to have found ways to relax and do recreational stuffs like play golf and watch Pretty Noona amidst his crazy schedule :D 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, randomlee said:

here was also Rampant promo (I must not forget that there was even overseas promo) and some more filming of MoA back in Korea after the overseas filming. My bad haha.:sweatingbullets: But glad to know that he seemed to have found ways to relax and do recreational stuffs like play golf and watch Pretty Noona amidst his crazy schedule :D 

@randomlee There's a video show how hectic Hyun Bin during September until end of Year 2019.  

Son Ye Jin being active too during September until December, shooting for Master in the House (Ep.46-47), attending 5 event of award (she won 5 awards) and near end of december she has travelling alone.

I'm wondering how he can manage to play golf with Ye Jin on September, even some people seen them having dinner and meeting parents on November :wub:

As a fan of Hyun Bin-Son Ye Jin ( I love both of them individually a very long time ago. SYJ on Classic, a moment to remember, Shark. She's fantastic artist. HB are so great on Friends our legend, My name is Kim Sam Soon) so happy that director nim choose them work together in The Negotiation. During Negotiation promo i can't deny myself to started shipping BinJin (at first i'm really praying for reel to real couple of SYJ -Nam Gil) BinJin look so so good together. HB is the only co star who said she's tomboyish. I love how sweet he treat her and give so much attention during the promo.  And who's can calculate how many time HB eyeing SYJ  :D

• Like 1
  • Love 6

15 hours ago, Fangirlingislife said:

Welcome to Binjin thread :) I'm really happy this thread is growing and doubly happy to meet fellow HB loyal fans who got on board this ship. It's quite rare, as randomlee said previously, to meet actor's fans who become shippers, as they mostly just devote only on the actor himself. It's mostly the actress' side who are shippers and eventually become a fan of the paired actor they find compatible with her. That's why I only posted my shipping POVs in SYJ's and Binjin thread as consideration and respect to other fans in HB's thread.

21 hours ago, randomlee said:

it struck me that what they have said about their “past loves” is so similar. Haha..again, blame my imagination - I was wondering if one of them might have borrowed the idea from the other after hearing each other’s sharing since it resonated with her :D 

I know, right? They are so sync that it's mind-boggling and goosebumps inducing.... I'll just post an MV which perfectly captured their moments in line with this theme. I couldn't help but repeat 4:02 again and again :wub:

19 minutes ago, peggygordon said:

HB is the only co star who said she's tomboyish. I love how sweet he treat her and give so much attention during the promo.  And who's can calculate how many time HB eyeing SYJ  :D

Same. I love how HB treats her and how he seemed to even delve into SYJ's line of thinking and thought processes. A man who does that for a woman means that he wants to know her deeply. I'm suspecting HB has been eyeing her for a long time. He has admitted watching many of her works. And the same goes for SYJ.

@randomlee Thank you so much for posting the Ceci interview. It helps us know more about HB. And the more one knows about him, the more one admires him... It's pretty fascinating how HB at that time already had a very realistic and mature outlook about marriage. If he was thinking about marriage then, how much more now, he's more than ready. I'm looking forward to that day.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

9 hours ago, randomlee said:

Welcome to this thread! I feel less outnumbered now haha..other than myself, now you, there’s also @firstaid - we are fans of Hyunbin first. 

Re the Ceci interview, it’s the interview with these pictorials (there are some more but won’t share here coz this is Binjin thread).

0wrcw7Y.jpg

If you read Chinese, 青青子衿在天涯 has done a full translation. It’s a very good read haha.. I found out from this interview that he does sculpturing when he’s free (knew about his mother being a sculptor but never knew he does it as one of his hobbies as well). And he said that he learned to draw and write from his mother. Find his handwriting really artistic. He must have inherited the artistic talent from his mother. (am too lazy to translate for Hyunbin thread and it’s an old interview as well)

And thank you so much for that correction! Yes, haha, there was also Rampant promo (I must not forget that there was even overseas promo) and some more filming of MoA back in Korea after the overseas filming. My bad haha.:sweatingbullets: But glad to know that he seemed to have found ways to relax and do recreational stuffs like play golf and watch Pretty Noona amidst his crazy schedule :D 

Thanks for the welcome @randomlee:)

I also read before that Binnie learned calligraphy when he was young so maybe that is also why he has nice handwriting. He is artistic like his mom. He really draws well and his photography works are so beautiful.

Oh I can’t read Chinese but maybe i can ask somebody to help me with it. I can read and understand a bit of written korean (tho not all words) since i studied the language all for the love of Binnie haha

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, peggygordon said:

@randomlee There's a video show how hectic Hyun Bin during September until end of Year 2019.  

Son Ye Jin being active too during September, shooting for Master in the House (Ep.46-47), attending 5 event of award (she won 5 awards) and near end of december she has travelling alone.

I'm wondering how he can manage to play golf with Ye Jin on September, even some people seen them having dinner and meeting parents on November :wub:

Master in the house was shot was in late October/beginning of November. Not September.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had posted something in response to peggygordon but for some reason, that post disappeared. It may be due to my mention of the names of the two actors who worked with Son Yejin in The Classic and A Moment To Remember (whom I love too by the way haha) or due to my usage of a prohibited word referring to Hyunbin in The Negotiation haha..

Anyhow, I will repost some points again. 

First, I didn’t know that Hyunbin is the first one to describe Son Yejin as tomboyish. Thank you, peggygordon! I find it interesting that she, on the other hand, described him as being very gentle. She said this about him (during the first promo interview for Negotiation, if I remember correctly) - she was teasing him after he introduced himself as his character Min Taegu who is a hostage-taker..she said, “I can’t understand how he always introduces himself as Min Taegu in such a sweet and gentle voice” haha:D Yes, his voice is one of the most attractive things about him to me. Love his very gentle voice. His voice is also often talked about when the media talks about how attractive he is. Similarly, Son Yejin too has one of the gentlest woman’s voices I have heard. Re Son Yejin being “tomboyish”, please see their interaction below. 

He’s the one being so sheepishly shy and hiding his embarrassment and she’s the one  “boyishly” slapping his back :D 

They really complement each other really well. One is really gentle and doesn’t raise his voice or get angry (in her own words, she has never seen him get angry and use “swear” words (hopefully the system won’t pick out my post again haha..); the other is confident and not afraid to laugh heartily or voice her views boldly. I am reminded of their LA grocery shopping sighting - I can see that he is such a sweet chap haha..(she seemed to be the one deciding what to but etc).

@Fangirlingislife Ikr..his photographs are so artistically beautiful! Re his Ceci interview, unfortunately I don’t have the Hangeul version. I love it only because I have watched all his projects and the quotes bring back wonderful memories of those past characters. Btw my favorite characters of his are Dongsu and Mansu. Mansu is also the most memorable character for him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, firstaid said:

Welcome to Binjin thread :) I'm really happy this thread is growing and doubly happy to meet fellow HB loyal fans who got on board this ship. It's quite rare, as randomlee said previously, to meet actor's fans who become shippers, as they mostly just devote only on the actor himself. It's mostly the actress' side who are shippers and eventually become a fan of the paired actor they find compatible with her. That's why I only posted my shipping POVs in SYJ's and Binjin thread as consideration and respect to other fans in HB's thread.

Thanks for the welcome @firstaid :)

Happy to know some Binnie fans here.

Just wanna share why I started to ship HB with SYJ. When I knew that both confirmed for the movie The Negotiation back in 2017 I was soo happy! Coz i always love it when HB is paired or works with someone who also has excellent acting skills like him. And i was thinking that time wow this is gonna be one great movie. During their filming there were only a few bts photos released so we weren’t able to see binjin together a lot or their interaction on the filming set. Fastforward to Aug 2018, The Negotiation press conference. It was my first time to see them together for a longer time on stage and wow they look so good together! 

Then after that event they had an interview for entertainment weekly (the one in the cinema where they ate popcorn) and i really saw how relaxed HB was with SYJ. And they really looked so close! Their body language says it all haha plus the way they laugh and look at each other. 

Then there was the showcase for their movie where a lot of SYJ fans noticed how HB cared for her. .  .asking her to cover her legs, getting her microphone, holding her elbow so she won’t trip/fall. And the way they stand on stage with Their arms around each other, gosh they really made me giddy haha

Then during the stage greetings when SYJ posted those selfies and cute videos, i was so happy to see HB so calm and relaxed! I mean HB is usually stiff and very discreet, but that time he looked so happy and comfortable doing all those videos

All throughout their movie promos i saw how happy HB is when he’s with SYJ. His aura was different and he didn’t look tired even tho he was so busy that time. Every time he smiled his eyes always smiled too.  That’s when i started to quietly ship them coz i saw the nice changes in HB. I was kinda sad when the promos ended wondering when i can see them together again

• Like 1
  • Love 5

45 minutes ago, Fangirlingislife said:

Thanks for the welcome @firstaid :)

Happy to know some Binnie fans here.

Just wanna share why I started to ship HB with SYJ. When I knew that both confirmed for the movie The Negotiation back in 2017 I was soo happy! Coz i always love it when HB is paired or works with someone who also has excellent acting skills like him. And i was thinking that time wow this is gonna be one great movie. During their filming there were only a few bts photos released so we weren’t able to see binjin together a lot or their interaction on the filming set. Fastforward to Aug 2018, The Negotiation press conference. It was my first time to see them together for a longer time on stage and wow they look so good together! 

Then after that event they had an interview for entertainment weekly (the one in the cinema where they ate popcorn) and i really saw how relaxed HB was with SYJ. And they really looked so close! Their body language says it all haha plus the way they laugh and look at each other. 

Then there was the showcase for their movie where a lot of SYJ fans noticed how HB cared for her. .  .asking her to cover her legs, getting her microphone, holding her elbow so she won’t trip/fall. And the way they stand on stage with Their arms around each other, gosh they really made me giddy haha

Then during the stage greetings when SYJ posted those selfies and cute videos, i was so happy to see HB so calm and relaxed! I mean HB is usually stiff and very discreet, but that time he looked so happy and comfortable doing all those videos

All throughout their movie promos i saw how happy HB is when he’s with SYJ. His aura was different and he didn’t look tired even tho he was so busy that time. Every time he smiled his eyes always smiled too.  That’s when i started to quietly ship them coz i saw the nice changes in HB. I was kinda sad when the promos ended wondering when i can see them together again

You have voiced exactly the same reasons why I am here as well. I only watched The Negotiation soon after MoA aired coz I was reminded of how much I love him after MoA aired - before that, I was busy and so I hadn’t followed The Negotiation so closely. After I caught up and watched their promos on YouTube etc, I also found him to be unusually relaxed and happy. I then caught up with Rampant and saw that he looked equally relaxed and happy for Rampant promo as well. I was surprised that he very happily obliged with finger hearts and even showed off his socks when teased about being like Michael Jackson etc - I had then thought to myself- maybe he’s changed a lil and had learned to loosen up because of the success of Confidential Assignment. I also watched MoA BTS and saw that he was also more relaxed than the usual self that I knew though he wasn’t as attentive at all to his co-star the way he was to Son Yejin. So I just put it off as him having gained a lot more confidence after Confidential Assignment and didn’t think too much of it.

Then came the first official rumor in January and then the second official rumor with LA grocery sighting. I was then quite certain that he would admit as per his past practice. When the official denial came, I got confused and started searching in the earnest to try and understand the reasons why. I became a silent reader here and emerged when translation of the Gossip Talk show was required coz that video helped to answer some of the questions I had been asking myself :)

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, randomlee said:

An actress (can’t recall if it was Gong Hyojin or someone else) said before, if you are choosing romance, you’d go for Lee Min Ho; but if you are choosing a husband, it will undoubtedly be Hyunbin :D If I remember it correctly to be GHJ who said this, then hmm..she’ll give good advice to her good friend correct? (Is she one of the 7 Cinderellas?)

Yes,she is one of the 7 Cinderellas.
Remind me of the late Kim Joo Hyuk said SYJ would be a great life partner.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, FrFox said:

Master in the house was shot was in late October/beginning of November. Not September.

Sorry I missed to put some words :sweatingbullets: What i meant is SYJ busy during September to December as same as Hyun Bin.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

On 10/7/2019 at 8:35 AM, randomlee said:

An actress (can’t recall if it was Gong Hyojin or someone else) said before, if you are choosing romance, you’d go for Lee Min Ho; but if you are choosing a husband, it will undoubtedly be Hyunbin :D If I remember it correctly to be GHJ who said this, then hmm..she’ll give good advice to her good friend correct? (Is she one of the 7 Cinderellas?)

Actress Kim Sung Ryung was the one who said  "I would date Lee Min Ho and marry Hyun Bin," she also said. "I want to give love to Lee Min Ho but I want to be loved by Hyun Bin."

She played their mom 

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjNpzAFHPPXxYnVXtSAgy

• Like 1
  • Love 4

A little off topic, who are the 7 Cinderellas? Are they SYJ’s good friends?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, randomlee said:

You have voiced exactly the same reasons why I am here as well. I only watched The Negotiation soon after MoA aired coz I was reminded of how much I love him after MoA aired - before that, I was busy and so I hadn’t followed The Negotiation so closely. After I caught up and watched their promos on YouTube etc, I also found him to be unusually relaxed and happy. I then caught up with Rampant and saw that he looked equally relaxed and happy for Rampant promo as well. I was surprised that he very happily obliged with finger hearts and even showed off his socks when teased about being like Michael Jackson etc - I had then thought to myself- maybe he’s changed a lil and had learned to loosen up because of the success of Confidential Assignment. I also watched MoA BTS and saw that he was also more relaxed than the usual self that I knew though he wasn’t as attentive at all to his co-star the way he was to Son Yejin. So I just put it off as him having gained a lot more confidence after Confidential Assignment and didn’t think too much of it.

Then came the first official rumor in January and then the second official rumor with LA grocery sighting. I was then quite certain that he would admit as per his past practice. When the official denial came, I got confused and started searching in the earnest to try and understand the reasons why. I became a silent reader here and emerged when translation of the Gossip Talk show was required coz that video helped to answer some of the questions I had been asking myself :)

As i have noticed HB is relaxed when he’s with his male costars like during CA, Swindlers and Rampant promos. Most especially for Rampant since he was with his bff. But he’s not always relaxed and calm when he’s with his female costars or leading ladies. He always keeps distance and just be his usual stiff and very formal self :D

Thats why it was kinda new to see him so relaxed and sooo attentive to his female costar :sweatingbullets: HB has always been a gentleman but there was something different during The Negotiation promos that I can’t quite explain haha. And i think it’s not always easy to make him do cute videos and selfies :D

@randomlee Like you i have also been a silent reader here before. I really don’t like to ship couples haha and I only focus on HB. And before I didn’t find anybody who matches HB in many aspects. But now I can’t help myself but ship BinJin hehe. They’re just too cute together and oozing with chemistry even without romantic scenes. Even just sitting or standing beside each other we can already see their chemistry. And most importantly I can see how happy HB is when they’re together. Or should I say both look so happy when they’re together :D

• Like 2
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, thi2018 said:

Actress Kim Sung Ryung was the one who said  "I would date Lee Min Ho and marry Hyun Bin," she also said. "I want to give love to Lee Min Ho but I want to be loved by Hyun Bin."

She played their mom 

Reveal hidden contents

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjNpzAFHPPXxYnVXtSAgy

Thank you for this correction haha.. That’s right, coz GHJ has had no connection with Hyunbin as yet to make that kind of statement. My bad, my bad :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fangirlingislife said:

As i have noticed HB is relaxed when he’s with his male costars like during CA, Swindlers and Rampant promos. Most especially for Rampant since he was with his bff. But he’s not always relaxed and calm when he’s with his female costars or leading ladies. He always keeps distance and just be his usual stiff and very formal self :D

Thats why it was kinda new to see him so relaxed and sooo attentive to his female costar :sweatingbullets: HB has always been a gentleman but there was something different during The Negotiation promos that I can’t quite explain haha. And i think it’s not always easy to make him do cute videos and selfies :D

@randomlee Like you i have also been a silent reader here before. I really don’t like to ship couples haha and I only focus on HB. And before I didn’t find anybody who matches HB in many aspects. But now I can’t help myself but ship BinJin hehe. They’re just too cute together and oozing with chemistry even without romantic scenes. Even just sitting or standing beside each other we can already see their chemistry. And most importantly I can see how happy HB is when they’re together. Or should I say both look so happy when they’re together :D

I know right. He has always been comfortable with his male co-stars (for example, we saw a lot of bromance in Secret Garden BTS between him and his secretary and his cousin characters (can’t remember their names coz it is so long ago haha). But with his female co-stars he has always appeared so shy and serious/discreet. For example with his female Co-star Tang Wei in Late Autumn, in movie talk or entertainment programs to promote the movie, he was so shy that he dared not even glance at her. This is despite giving us his best ever kissing haha..for those of you who are not familiar, his kissing in Late Autumn is the best ever of his kissing- it’s the kind that leaves you breathless and screaming inside haha..I am wondering if we will get that kind of kissing or better still, even better kissing in Crash Landing :wub:

@luffie You asked if he is like this with his other co-stars. I hope this answers your question. In fact, I have not seen him look so intensely at any of his previous female costars for such lengths of time before. More importantly, I have not seen him being so prone to laughter and laughing so readily and happily when he appeared with his previous female costars compared to when he was with Son Yejin.

However, I want to be upfront here and I will say  this - I still can’t reconcile the fact that they both agreed to act as a couple with the possibility of them being a couple in real life. There’s another famous k drama couple who have also acted together a few times (if I am not wrong, three times by the time of their latest movie which will be released soon). I can’t mention their names here coz Soompi admin will take down my post for breach of their rules hehe..The point of me mentioning about this is this - there’s also dating speculation about that couple but they have denied (rather vehemently in fact and with the male actor issuing a personal statement) and they have gone on to act together in two other projects since the dating speculation first started some time back (if I am not wrong) with no further news. So, this fact of our Binjin couple acting together is still causing me to be unsure haha..maybe part of me just want to have some reservations so that I won’t be too disappointed just in case haha :D Nevertheless, I am totally shipping them as a drama couple for Crash Landing and I am here together with all of you in that shipping haha :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

On 10/8/2019 at 1:51 PM, luffie said:

A little off topic, who are the 7 Cinderellas? Are they SYJ’s good friends?

They are very good friends 

photo931020.jpg

From left to right: Oh Yoon-Ah, Lee Min Jung, Uhm Ji Won, Song Yoon-A, Son Ye Jin, Lee Jung Hyun, and Gong Hyo Jin. They went vacation together, attended movie promotions, birthdays, gatherings, ect. Their friendship is making people envious. Many people expressed they would love to have a friendship this strong and some even mentioned their lifetime wish is to join this group of friends.

• Like 1
  • Love 2