[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

57 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

@nrllee, I am in agreement with you re: IkJun and Gyeu-wool... for sure in time GW will have a major character dev't. Then we will see her as a more confident woman. The thing with GW, she's not scared to make mistakes, she reflects and think of ways to improve.

With Shwa, my take is Junwan. Then Iksun and Capt.Ahn... Aside from one scene, we haven't been shown an Iksun/Chihong interaction as besties. Do they have a good chemistry? I wish to find out.

I hope they will introduce a new FL as a pediatric doctor, someone who also likes children to be paired with Jungwon.

Among them, my fave is Seok-Hyung. His character is what you see/what you get. The more I look at him, the more I realized that he's actually good looking. I am okay whoever he is paired with, Minha is okay but there might be a twist later on like 2nd chance with his ex-wife perhaps ;)

How dare you propose a new girl , that too one who LOVES KIDS?? LOVES KIDS

Is Seok Hyung a joke to you!!!

Is Jungwon a joke to you!!!!

Oh you heartless world, don't come between them!

:D :D :D  lol...  

if you are so kind to pray for a new love interest, how about you pray for a nice bloke for Minha :P .. let baby JW be with his object of affection

( in good humour)

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, kiklaminHo said:

@nrllee

but in that scene with the professors GU never had the choice of JWon.

He had no surgery file on the table for her to pick him up.

So it's not that she picked IJ when she had the option of JWon .

On the contrary  she picked IJ because JWon walked in and right away she made her mind.

Went with IJ -JWon 's buddy -so she can have more pics of him maybe, but mostly because she could not think with a straight mind knowing he is there.

LOL . IJ and GU 's give and take silent agreement.

I am jogging .I dont believe in the silent agreement that but we tent to be more favorable with people that we are closer.

I’ll share my understanding on this. Being a fan of this pd/writer duo, I think I get what @nrllee wants to point out, that it’s the dynamic of the pd-writer, they are known for sidetracking viewers to thinking that they are pursuing this couple but if we look closely to the script and lines (swooning aside), they are actually subtly introducing the real couple. I get that, “why would she pick jwon when he’s not on the option?” See? that’s how they trick viewers. That’s the clue. He is not on the option. They want us to get curious and look for it. And viola, that’s what viewers are doing. because when we question them, i think they’d answer “it was there, you were just sidetracked.” 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

I also watched the Reply series*** and I never experienced being sidetracked by the pd/writer duo on the endgame couples. I might be lucky I guess? Anyway, I think the end couple will be LIJ-CSH and AJW-JGW. It is just my gut feels.

Some theories I have for the last couple of episodes:

- I would not be surprised if AJW-JGW became a couple next episode. The pd-writer already tricked us in past episode previews that this couple has a chance only to kill it in the actual episodes but it is actually a mind manipulation so we will not expect it when it comes - haha - or maybe its wishful thinking because I like this couple.

- The LIJ-CSH couple angle will be revealed only during the last episode - a warm open ending for this season. Same with YSH-CMH.

*** I did not finished '94 because of Go Ara. Sorry. I was put off by her acting in some of her previous works. I think I develop a negative bias against her. Sad. But I was still right on the endgame couples. :)

• Like 14

Every time I read new post, I’m getting more confused :lol:

At this rate any outcome it seems possible   So I’m done. I’m going to wait patiently for the Writer/PD nim to surprise me with the plot

About JWon and Shwa I think they’re the hardest to read, so there’s a lot of headcanon that we have to figure out when all loose ends come to a conclusion 

But for now, if we’re getting 2 or 3 season we re far from concluding real endgames 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

let baby JW be with his object of affection

But we don't know the object of his affection, except God and perhaps Shwa. 

The reason why I'm not sold to Jungwon-Gyeu-wool pairing is bcoz they rub each other wrong. so many times GW's face express sadness and a long face. except in the last ep.... different with SH and Minha's interaction, he also frustrates her but she does get back and assert her position. she's also not afraid to say what she think of him. But with Gyeu-wool who has 13 professors in the palm of her hand, is letting JW make her feel inadequate. Which is somehow feels wrong. If ever they become a couple, she will always be submissive to him. In this day and age of women's power, there's no fun in that kind of relationship.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

But we don't know the object of his affection, except God and perhaps Shwa. 

The reason why I'm not sold to Jungwon-Gyeu-wool pairing is bcoz they rub each other wrong. so many times GW's face express sadness and a long face. except in the last ep.... different with SH and Minha's interaction, he also frustrates her but she does get back and assert her position. she's also not afraid to say what she think of him. But with Gyeu-wool who has 13 professors in the palm of her hand, is letting JW make her feel inadequate. Which is somehow feels wrong. If ever they become a couple, she will always be submissive to him. In this day and age of women's power, there's no fun in that kind of relationship.

lol.. i ship him with no woman!

ignoring 97 because that was their first work, 

in none of the other shows the popular ship works- never (including prison playbook)

So, whatever couple writer is pushing right now, will invariably not be the end game.. for sure

Given, they confirmed this is again husband hunting drama, 

SHwa will find her hubby within the group. We have IJ as one suitor.. who is the other suitor? He has no competition from "childhood romance" angle..

And who is the untouched one woman potential - JW.. 

so yeah, with you that there is great deal of possibility that JW-Shwa may happen ... in season 2 :)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Given, they confirmed this is again husband hunting drama, 

What? Really? When did they confirm that this is a husband hunting drama? I didn't read any news article about it....this is strange. Am I missing something? 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2

13 minutes ago, kokodus said:

What? Really? When did they confirm that this is a husband hunting drama? I didn't read any news article about it....this is strange. Am I missing something? 

derived information..

they said they are going back to their theme (in between we have had only prison playbook).. and they wanted to include 90s song but those dramas were set in flashback so they could play those songs, but in modern setting the only way they could was if they brought in a band..

Something in their words gives the hint that this is same as reply series

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

@keunyang

chingu,

because I am familiar with the writer/director I did not comment in the other points that poster  @nrllee mentioned.

in my previous posts I wrote what is my opinion in all these so I dont want to repeat myself and sound as a broken record.

But for this particular one I think we can see the whole picture.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, queza02 said:

I also watched the Reply series*** and I never experienced being sidetracked by the pd/writer duo on the endgame couples. I might be lucky I guess? Anyway, I think the end couple will be LIJ-CSH and AJW-JGW. It is just my gut feels.

Some theories I have for the last couple of episodes:

- I would not be surprised if AJW-JGW became a couple next episode. The pd-writer already tricked us in past episode previews that this couple has a chance only to kill it in the actual episodes but it is actually a mind manipulation so we will not expect it when it comes - haha - or maybe its wishful thinking because I like this couple.

- The LIJ-CSH couple angle will be revealed only during the last episode - a warm open ending for this season. Same with YSH-CMH.

*** I did not finished '94 because of Go Ara. Sorry. I was put off by her acting in some of her previous works. I think I develop a negative bias against her. Sad. But I was still right on the endgame couples. :)

Agree on never getting sidetracked (except 94 because same reason as yours.. dropped it REAL quick.. so all i know about that series is from what i have read) .. taek was as obvious as anything can be.. and 97 did not even pretend to play husbnad hunting game (alternative was a joke, such a weak plotline)

But writer always has alternatives as red herrings, which is completely missing in JW's case for now. So, true love lines will take some time

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:

nrllee

but in that scene with the professors GU never had the choice of JWon.

He had no surgery file on the table for her to pick him up.

So it's not that she picked IJ when she had the option of JWon .

I know.  But that’s how this duo trolls.  Had they put his file in the scene it would’ve been way too obvious.  They hide the true intent by subverting scenes.  When IJ says that it’s the most important day of his life, the camera pans also on Andrea’s face and he looks up from his phone as if expecting something.  Like he’s also part of the mix.  Why get him to do that?  If he didn’t care about the outcome, he should just keep looking at his phone?  And IJ hugs him after the selection and he claps IJ on the back saying well done.  It’s like how a “loser” of a competition would shake the winner’s hand afterwards.  Ordinarily I wouldn’t be so picky or look so hard but because it’s a fact that this duo don’t let cast do ad libs and every scene is meticulously crafted, the viewer needs to look with different eyes.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, nurlayla said:

Why you guys have so many theories :joy:

I can't even think 1 lolol

That’s the fun in this duo’s dramas. :lol:  It’s a guessing game.  And everyone can play.  But you need to be ready to lose as well when you sign on.  That’s just part of the game?  There are winners and losers.  So don’t take it too seriously or personally.  Have fun whilst playing the game.  Present your reasons and why you think this will happen.  If it doesn’t fly, then go back and look for where you went wrong.  Get better at it next time the game rolls along again.  That’s how I approach this game anyway.  If I get it wrong, all the better for me because it means I learn something new.  Like GyeoUl?  If she never acknowledged (Andrea pointed it out to her) that she needs to change her approach to patients, she would never learn to do the right thing?  It’s all about the learning.  There’s a Chinese saying that says Failure is the Mother of Success.  Treat your failures as stepping stones to get better and improve.  Have fun whilst doing it.  I love the different perspectives.  It forces me to constantly rethink my position.  Do I change it?  Or does it fortify my position?  Do I need to tweak it to fit the new information presented to me?  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

@queza02 if you’re right, they’ll reveal songhwa’s first love (presumably it’s ikjoon) in the last ep, then an open ending of ikjoon/songhwa, then BAM outro (the weird hawaiian ish thing they do with the last shot), end credits 

but then again, this team loves to raise expectations and do the exact opposite HAHA

the only qualms i have w chihong/songhwa is, plot-wise, it’s weird to me that all 3 (jungwon, songhwa, and seokhyung) would have to end up with their residents? hehehe

• Like 3

I think the reason why some fans believe this drama has the “husband game” because the production team uses the same method they used in Reply series:

1. The method of hiding some characters’ POV.
In this drama, they hide Songhwa & Jeongwon’s POV, so it’s hard to read what’s exactly in their minds.

2. They use the method of cutting some scenes and leave it hanging without any explanation on the next scenes, like the scene where Ikjun asked Jeongwon what Jeongwon thought about Gyeowool. They cut that scene and until now we don’t know what was Jeongwon’s answer.

These both methods are effective to made viewers guess and speculate their own interpretation of a scene/dialogue. So I cannot blame if some fans viewed this drama in the “husband game” view same as Reply series.

It’s okay if some fans posted about their possible ship/ their guesses as long as is not intend to bring down the other ships.

Let’s appreciate all good opinions and watch with open minded :)

PS: I did not watch Prison Playbook so I didn’t know if PP has the same methods as I mentioned above, but since PP is from different writer, I will not take this drama as reference.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

My poor Gyeo-Ul... always under the fire...

She chose to assist in HPC that IJ would be performing because that was her interest for the time being. If you objectively recall in the previous episode (the IJ pick-me-up scene), she was studying a patient’s record and this patient has Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Both are related to liver. 

The kind of person she has been shown so far, she is not someone easily influenced/moved by favors as can be seen by IJ trying to buy her a meal but she was fine having eaten ramen. Remember as she was leaving the room, IJ also tried saying something about calling JWon, but she isn’t moved and just replied that the emergency call was for her personally. 

I agree. Remember that she was tasked to examine and deliver liver for baby transplant. Also her latest assignment with JW also a liver case, the one involving explanation to baby's mother.

Watching review from doctor's perspective (doctor sister in youtube), made me realize that this story writes medical stuff realistically. Made me think even with different writer, hospital playlist closer to prison playbook in term of concept. Even JKH has loveline with his bestfriend sister. Similarity to Reply serries is an ode to the 90s. Heck even SW said to IJ it is not Reply88

On 5/12/2020 at 6:17 AM, romancetrash said:

I thought he confused Iksun's name with their family dog's name? He didnt say it specifically as Iksun's dog, cmiiw.

I personally think its cliche if Iksun is JWan's first love. If indeed all the mainstream couple would be the endgame, 4 out of 5 would end up with their first love. (Esp if its true JWon never falls in love before Gyeoul)

I know its Lee's trademark, but its overused if 4 of them end up, and imo, lazy writing if the reason how JWan falls hard and fast for Iksun is simply because she's his first love.

This loveline is an ode to Prison Playbook. In that drama JKH also his bestfriend sister first love. You know you shouldn't mess with your best friend sister. But this sister has a rough time on your watch: Je Hee was traumatized by sexual attact, while Ik Sun was injured due to accident. So I can understand why the love developed fast in the adulthood. JW probably realized while treating her that he like her, her charming personality very different with other women he dated, and he already ready to form a serious relationship.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

damn, I just have to get this off my chest but that "last scene" with Chi yong and Song hwa and whether or not they're waving at each other is testing my patience or rather my patience to wait for another week to find out what's really happening cause if the writer just Chillbongied me once more I'm gonna throw a fit

P.S. pls give Chi Hong happiness, and also of course Song Hwa, love them both, Ikjun already has Uju (p.s.s. im joking)

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1