[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, J13 said:

This drama is so beautiful. I’ve been impatiently waiting for english subs on viki and have been watching the unsubbed episodes on YouTube to pass time. It’s been mentioned before but this drama does remind me of TMOPB which would explain why I’m getting so addicted to it lol 

I love LX, she is so sweet and charming. I’ve really enjoyed watching her character grow. I feel so sad when she’s sad and so happy when she’s happy. NN has done an awesome job portraying her and making the character so loveable. I absolutely love JC, he went from being cold as ice to warm and fuzzy over this adorable fairy and I have loved watching it unfold. CC is sooo charismatic and handsome. I’ve read some comments about his age but he’s not meant to be some flower boy, in my opinion he should be mature and manly given he is the God of War and I think the casting was spot on. They both have extremely good and convincing chemistry. Romance is always my favourite part of every drama and this drama is definitely delivering. Their devotion, trust and loyalty for one another is everything!

I can’t wait to watch all of the subbed episodes so I can have a better grasp of what’s going on. I’ll have to go back to guessing for now but lucky for us drama lovers, it’s kind of easy to grasp the story when you’ve watched so many dramas lol I’m still looking forward to the dialogue though cos I’m sure there’s lots of swoonworthy conversations :wub:

Ling Xi had melted off an ice mountain From cold-hearted turn to be warm and cozy And jc also had childish moment when he knew miss shi San wanted to visit ling xi He thought all the method to create a reasonable reason to go along with her Our miss shi San too slow  jc reaction so cute and funny

18 hours ago, loyaltvbviewer said:

CC as JC was so awesome. 

I couldn’t agree more. He’s so good at showing emotions and portraying scenes. What i like is that he does it without overacting. Some actors tend to overact but CC is different. He does it so effortlessly. It’s clear to me now why they chose him and why the drama was written for him.

On 9/27/2019 at 1:03 PM, Winterfairy said:

@sunkissedluna did you hear his reason to fight against her destiny? I think it’s really a valid reason and very selfless of him. A lot of male lead fight for female lead’s life because of love, but JC fight for LX life because of principle. Of course there is love in there too, but he’s also think of a bigger picture as well. 

I also think that reason is very valid and selfless. Although he loves LX he does what he can to protect her without sacrificing his duty and position. It’s hard because he is the one suffering in return. The title of the drama alone tells us that it’s not an easy one, it’s heavy and episode 23 is the start. I don’t know when will it end but i really hope that it will end soon because i can’t wait to see her and JC together again. 

@zijinini Thank you for posting those photos. They’re meaningful. I would love to quote and repost them but it’s against the rules, so i’ll just be bold and ask you to post more. On the other hand, because you seem to know a lot about NN, i want to ask about her name, is Ni her first name and Ni her last name, too? Or she doesn’t have a last name and so Ni Ni is her full screen name? Also, does she have an english name? Because I often see english names for chinese actors apart from their chinese screen names. 

5 hours ago, sunkissedluna said:

@zijinini Thank you for posting those photos. They’re meaningful. I would love to quote and repost them but it’s against the rules, so i’ll just be bold and ask you to post more. On the other hand, because you seem to know a lot about NN, i want to ask about her name, is Ni her first name and Ni her last name, too? Or she doesn’t have a last name and so Ni Ni is her full screen name? Also, does she have an english name? Because I often see english names for chinese actors apart from their chinese screen names. 

Ni Ni 倪妮,倪(Ni) is her family name and 妮(Ni) is her given name. They are actually two different Chinese characters. She doesn't have an English name. NiNi's fans call her Captain Miao because she loves cats. Ni Ni's fans are called Ha Ni which means love/follow Ni.

20171209033146311.jpg

71078181_2398580487126161_18510483982542

3 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

Someone posted the peaches thing being ling xi pregnant?i kept reading it but I dont understand it. Would someone care to explain?

In an earlier episode (forgot which one, the same scene where JX brought LX a medical book to read), LX’s maid in Shanling brought her these green fruits.  JX showed up and said that LX wouldn’t like them as they are really sour.   Seemed like random info.  Knowing LAD, most likely it wasn’t for no reason.  So when the same green fruits showed up on LX’s table later, many pointed out that it was a hint of her pregnancy.

I feel like a shameless fangirl now because even though I finished up all the episodes, I'm now watching them over again on Viki so I can leave timed comments, but its hard to leave comments since I already what's going on so I don't wanna spoil it for anyone haha 

29 minutes ago, Cammy said:

I feel like a shameless fangirl now because even though I finished up all the episodes, I'm now watching them over again on Viki so I can leave timed comments, but its hard to leave comments since I already what's going on so I don't wanna spoil it for anyone haha 

I’m doing the same too, I try to leave funny comments of information so other viewers won’t be confused lol

3 hours ago, fivebowls said:

In an earlier episode (forgot which one, the same scene where JX brought LX a medical book to read), LX’s maid in Shanling brought her these green fruits.  JX showed up and said that LX wouldn’t like them as they are really sour.   Seemed like random info.  Knowing LAD, most likely it wasn’t for no reason.  So when the same green fruits showed up on LX’s table later, many pointed out that it was a hint of her pregnancy.

Ah...something like you don't like it but when pregnant, u suddenly crave for it. I wonder, if Jiu Chen found out Ling Xi is pregnant, would he reconsider his actions? 

1 hour ago, Winterfairy said:

I’m doing the same too, I try to leave funny comments of information so other viewers won’t be confused lol

I saw yours haha. I was trying hard to leave a good comment about each scene but I can't do it without writing a paragraph and that cant be posted LOL

9 minutes ago, NEVERending said:

Hiii,

im on episode 45 and why do I feel that JX will do something stupid since he’s found out that LX needs to pass her calamities. 

He’s gonna disrupt her calamity isn’t he? 

he's gonna try...though do you want a spoiler? I think you should just keep watching.  haha

10 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Ah...something like you don't like it but when pregnant, u suddenly crave for it. I wonder, if Jiu Chen found out Ling Xi is pregnant, would he reconsider his actions? 

I think he'd still go through with it. because he would want his baby safe and telling her would be like inviting her down there with him and doom them in the process. 

9 minutes ago, Cammy said:

he's gonna try...though do you want a spoiler? I think you should just keep watching.  haha

I think he'd still go through with it. because he would want his baby safe and telling her would be like inviting her down there with him and doom them in the process. 

No specific spoiler. I like to go in blind. But just tell me if he affects her calamity  or not? 

I understand until episode 24 but curiosity was killing me so i watched episodes 25-60 without sub on YT. I have this thinking that watching without english sub is useless because there’s no proper comprehension but i did it anyway and i don’t regret doing it even if i still need to watch on viki to fully understand everything. Beautiful drama. Great acting, scriptwriting, costumes, cinematography, special effects, set design, and music. 

1 hour ago, Winterfairy said:

@CatWhiskers I think if he knew he would ask everyone one keep if from LX and makes sure LX never go there with him. However, the question is if LX knew would she still go there with him? Somehow I think she will

She will no matter what happen she would face with him even thou if she knew she was pregnant at that moment she well known his character she won't stop him

Just wanted to say that I love this drama! Love the main leads as well as all the side characters. The plot is great and the story development is well paced. The ending is a tad abrupt but at least there is a proper closure. 

I'm undecided now if I love this more than Ashes of Love. Perhaps equally. I also love Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms but only the 2nd and 3rd arc and even then, I had to fast forward some portions that involved characters I wasn't vested in. Still these are 3 of my favorites and would recommend anyone wanting to watch this genre and not knowing where to start.

Archived