[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

Chang Chen is indeed hot(gif in the hidden part:D )and has some incredible work under his belt(Hidden dragon and crouching tiger, The assassin,Grandmaster etc). Personally I think he perfectly fits in the role of God of war a maturer character (Have a thing with the characters having long luscious hair in drama and specially when they keep it open lol like Mark Chao in TMOPB,Chen kun in TROF and now Chang Chen)

Spoiler

d9922146ce7740ea780ab63e1090c7e648b089bf

7532ac02ce62135afa2dee2716a3d6cf3420f72e

I watched it on kiss asian

@hell59 I actually saw it on different site(name in hidden part above)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/24/2019 at 4:12 AM, jacquelinetan said:

@Rouzmary

Jiu Chen's plan to save Ling Xi from her fate of awakening the demon king was to kill her so then he could revive her and get her to be reborn.

Not a bad plan...except he probably should've told her.

I believe it will not look realistic if she knew before hand. I do not think anyone will stand still knowing someone will kill her but it all for a good cause. He is the God of War and I think he does not do explanation for his actions

The main reason I thought he should've told her was because if she later on believes he killed her...yeah, unnecessary drama that could be avoided but probably won''t be :sweatingbullets:

On 7/24/2019 at 5:27 AM, blueclueblue said:

Actually Jiu Chen did tell her about his plan but not all of the detail. Only she couldn't hear his words so she thought he abandoned her and get dispirited.  Hence his plan didn’t work out as intended.  He also can't tell her all of the detail due to serious consequences.

Oh, really? Nice, thanx for letting me know!

heh, that's the problem with raw - I don''t get what they're saying (1 word out of 10 does not count) and thus can only interpret from what I see.

On 7/24/2019 at 5:42 AM, blueclueblue said:

Her mother is not a demon queen, they're San Ling Clan that has no relationship to the demon king.  They're also just happen to be located near the demon king.

http://www.chinesedrama.info/2019/04/drama-love-and-destiny.html

wow, you're just full of information - awesome! :lol:

yeah, raw at work here again, now that ep 7 has been subbed I know her mom is not part of demon tribe but in fact some mountain spirit tribe and are good-ish :sweatingbullets:

On 7/24/2019 at 4:24 PM, blueclueblue said:

Unfortunately, it's true.  The rating started at 5.5 on douban because a lot of people were giving it 1 star for 3L3W association, how the 2 leads are too old or too modern for historical drama. And then there’re those that started and just dropped it because there’re not enough actions and too much talking, sitting and standing.  I made the mistake of visiting those websites and forums. 

Oh well, I like this a lot more than TMOPB.  Better acting, tighter plot and pacting, there’re no unnecessary triangle love.  The fact that both the leads always talk to each other about their thought is a win in my book.   

His love for her grows gradually as the series progress. It's very subtle, mostly in his expression and some through his actions. It one of those that if you didn't pay attention, you missed it all. 

It's super sad that the ratings are low for the drama because indeed - I also do like it better than TMOPB

You said pretty much my exact thoughts ^_^

5 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

Lol..everyone is commenting on the main lead. To be honest..if u google him up...he is actually pretty hot in real life. Probably the hairstyle in this drama didnt really do him justice. But i like his costume in the mortal world. Losing that outer robe makes me a tad bit younger. Lol. 

Agreed, his look in the mortal world does make him look younger + at least to me, now that he's showing tad more emotions with Ling Xi it also makes him seem more young/human.

And while I was kinda disappointed with the look drama gave him, I did like the fact we got and older actor for the role, suits it perfectly.

Also, I knew by experience that even if I don't particularly like the actor's/characters look at first, if the actor is an awesome one, he can make me completely change my mind with his acting and within just few episodes make me think he looks juuust fine B)

Such is the case here, now I think he looks near perfect XD

17 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

Thank u @crispachu those recaps explains so much background story. I have a feeling Jing Xiu (the bald head guy with tattoo all over) could probably be vying for Ling Xi's affections. He seems to have a tender spot for her in later episodes. N in the trailer..it seems he became a mortal?

From the trailer it did seem like he's gonna fall for Ling Xi and go to the mortal world to probably woo her.

15 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

Beautiful to see Jiu Chen watching over the young mortal Ling Xi like a guardian angel. It is lovely that she also have such a loving mortal Daddy too.

Yun Tong spoke harshly how lowly Ling Xi was and Jiu Chen told her straight that even if Ling Xi did not exist, she is not the one either.

Ooooooh, JiuChen said that? Niiiiice B)

Also, so far, the side characters don't take up too much of the screen time which is nice. I like them, but I still mainly want to see my OTP :D

My fav character-couple probably is that Yung Fen who is courting Ling Xi's senior sister and does his best to make her like him, he's a fun one. 

I found it truly amazing in those days (in the mortal world) that a woman could fake a nine months pregnancy and the day she pretended to give birth is the day (maybe a 'stork'?) suddenly delivered a baby and left it at the monastery for the 'father' to pick up :lol:..did his mother knew the pregnancy was fake?

So torn between recapping the newest vs. from the beginning... anyway, here's Ep 5:

Spoiler

Ling Xi fusses sweetly over Jiu Chen once they are home. He thanks her and she says "whaat, no need for thanks, cos I got a big boost when you took me by the hand." And he was all "that's what you took away from that scene?" And she was "I'm just a puny immortal so I pay attention to the little things and leave the big things to important figures like you." She goes on chattering and you can tell he's amused despite himself, and ends up cracking a smile for the first time.

Ling Xi and Shisan share a moment where they wish they could have done more.

Meanwhile, Old lady Yuan yells at Yuan Tong for trying to defend Jiu Chen and spews more hate, threatening disowning her. She pulls out her brother's letter and Du Yu convinces her not to hand it over to Jiu Chen saying she has to protect her family's reputation or they may end up like the Lian Yi tribe, being stripped of their immortality and exiled. We learn that in his letter, he is noticing that he may have fallen into a trap and infected by demonic thoughts. He says that he will ask Jiu Chen to "release" him if he does fall. Yuan Tong burns the letter.

Ling Yue and Jing Xiu discuss the Zhong Hao problem. She doesn't want to punish the descendents and repeat past mistakes. She tells Jing Xiu to spare the rest of the clan and only punish Zhong Hao. They switch subjects to his health and we learn that his cultivation has stalled. She suggests it is because he is overworked and should take care of himself. He drops the eternity knot and she seems to be shocked.

We see in a flash back that she was fleeing with her husband and baby, she puts the baby in a safe spot with a shield and eternity knot, and goes back to help her husband.

Meanwhile Ling Xi wonders why the description sounds like her dream, and tries to recall what her eternity knot looks like. Jiu Chen remembers the killing blow he struck at Yuan Zheng. Tian Jun is concerned that You Dou Mountain's demonic essence is increasing again, fearing that the beast escaping, Jiu Chen's awakening are all connected.

Ling Xi tries to recreate the eternity knot. Hua Yan helps her out, and we learn her background as a human. She was a servant in a palace, met a master, cultivated for 3000 years, came to the heavenly palace... and is now serving again. Ling Xi's observations give her pause.

Jing Xiu feeds his vine some blood as he thinks back on his dad's death.

Shisan learns that everybody is starting to shun Jiu Chen's household and refuse their business. Ling Xi rescues a fuzzy white dog while she's out on errands and brings it home. The dog escapes at night and runs off. Jiu Chen comes out of his rooms with Whitey in his arms and lets her keep it. The dog pees on Jiu Chen's boots and she accepts the punishment of cleaning his rooms without magic. He's annoyed when she tells him she lost the eternity knot and walks off. We get a clip of him chuckling to himself when he hears her running after Whitey after it creates a huge mess.

Characters we meet:

Ling Yue - ruler of the Shan Ling nation.

Ep 6.

Spoiler

While cleaning, Ling Xi notices a piece of art and Shisan tells her it's an artifact from the Lei Yi tribe. 

Tian Lei makes a show of returning the God of War seal to the heavenly monarch. The monarch tells him to give it to Jiu Chen personally. Tian Lei's subordinates suggest pushing him by returning the seal and asking him to unseal an unopened battle report. Only the official God of War is able to use the seal, and Tian Lei was unable to do it because he was never officially appointed. Zi Guang also reports that he has gathered all of the Lie Yi tribe and handed them over to Jing Xiu with the exception of Zhong Hao. We learn that Lie Yi were loyal generals of Jiu Chen, just like Yuan Zheng was. He is all happy that Jiu Chen will probably be sad they're going to be killed (petty mean old man), and bets he won't be able to sit still.

Jing Xiu commands that the Lie Yi tribe be executed, countermanding his ruler's orders. Yuan Tong is summoned to Jiu Chen. She thinks he's mad at her for helping to capture Lie Yi tribe members and starts making excuses, which he dismisses. He tells her that Zhong Hao's tribe are innocent and should be spared. He asks her to bring a letter to the Shang Ling tribe ruler. Ling Xi listens while she's cleaning. She tries to fish for whether he thinks Yuan Tong is pretty. When that doesn't work she asks if maybe she should join the army too and when Jiu Chen says no, she asks if it's because she's too pretty - at which point Jiu Chen tells her "no, you're too weak. Your father tells you you're pretty all the time but he's also a drunk so don't listen to what he says."

Ling Yue is not aware that the Lie Yi tribe were captured. She learns they have been taken to Fu Ling Spring. At the spring, Jing Xiu thinks back on his family's execution. Instead of execution, they are about to be thrown into the spring. Ling Yue comes to stop it, but he pushes back and says the ceremony has begun and cannot be stopped. We learn that Fu Ling Spring is a place of dead souls and is a one way trip. The tribe has been stripped of their immortality so it would be the same as a death sentence. He agrees but the ceremony continues. She tries to stop it but a batch of tribesman poof into black smoke. The rest of them sacrifice themselves and pray for the Demon Lord's return. They poof into black smoke and flow into the spring. This causes the spring to glow red and everyone channels mojo to stop it. It blows up and black essence escapes. Meanwhile, the artifact starts glowing red where Ling Xi is cleaning.

Zhong Hao escapes and comes to where the Demon Lord is sealed. The Demon Lord says he's the only one that can save him and he gets sucked in. The artifact starts leaking sand, Ling Xi touches it, and something flows into her body and a red mark shows up behind her ear. She passes out and the artifact crumbles. Le Bo sees his stone glow and immediately runs to see her. 

Ling Yue commands that the old, weak and sick be released. At that point, Yuan Du's voice comes from the spring asking if it is his daughter, shocking Jing Xiu.

Ling Xi wakes up, Jiu Chen and company speculate whether a blood curse was made, and Le Bo makes a huge fuss about Ling Xi coming home. Jiu Chen tells her to go if he insists. Yuan Tong comes to report that the Lie Yi made a blood sacrifice to the Demon Lord and escaped as resentful spirits.

At this point Tian Lei comes to return the Seal of the God of War. He asks Jiu Chen to open the last battle report sent from Zhu Xie (the other general whose whole tribe were annihilated in the battle). After some suspense where Yuan Tong's eyes are about to pop out, Jiu Chen burns it by dropping it on the Wu Jin wood. Tian Lei is super happy at this development. Jiu Chen asks if Yuan Tong isn't interested in knowing what happened, and she says no. 

Ep 7

Spoiler

Shisan is getting rid of the ashes when the wind blows some of it out. Yuan Tong asks to take care of it for her.

She keeps the ashes in a box and swears to her brother's tablet that their family will not end up like the Lie Yi tribe. 

Jiu Chen is temporarily stripped of his position as God of War for destroying the battle report and is restricted to his residence. The envoy Bai Shan asks on behalf of the Heavenly Monarch whether Jiu Chen would like to rebut/appeal this decision, and he says no. Yun Feng asks who he is trying to protect, but Jiu Chen refuses to tell him, explaining that his punishment is much milder than the alternative of being stripped of immortality and exiled.

Ling Xi has been hiding for two days so she doesn't have to go home, much to Shisan's joy. We find that Shisan has been making an eternity knot too.

Ling Xi chats with Jiu Chen, asking if he thinks she still smells. He asks why she didn't go home, and she says he needs people. He asks what she can do for him, and she has to dig deep to come up with: clean... and cheer him up. He says "I heard Le Bo raised you in the Peach Forest since you were young." She says Le Bo used to work in the palace, and the current Medicine King was his deputy at the time. For some inexplicable reason, he quit and just hangs around the Peach Forest drinking and not letting her go anywhere. 

We learn that she would still manage to escape once every 3-4 months and be free for a few days. She brags that she's skilled at poison, illusion, and is especially good at breaking formations, barriers and puzzles. She went halfway to You Dou Mountain once but never went again because Le Bo was really angry when she did. She says she can't go there anyway since the demonic essence is too heavy, but he says she might be able to. She thinks he thinks there's something special about her.

We learn that while it took her 22000 years to be come an earthly immortal, he was born one, and became a greater god at 22000 years. She lists the immortal ranks in order: little immortal, earthly immortal, heavenly immortal, greater immortal, heavenly god, greater god, and thinks he's lying.

Shisan stalks Si Ming and stops him with her weapon. We learn that they were best friends about 50000 years ago. But years later she turned into a female and told him she liked him but she still had whiskers. He asks what she likes about him, swearing he would fix it. She says she likes him being alive and he realizes he can't fix that. She gives him her ragged eternity knot and tells him he has to come see her or she'll come visit him.

Jing Xiu gets confirmation that he has been lied to about Yuan Du's death. He wants to kill him again, but he needs Zhong Hao as his father is the one who created the spring.

Lady Yuan and Yuan Tong bump heads again at news that Jiu Chen destroyed the report. She tries to hint that there may be a reason for Jiu Chen's actions. Her mother tells her to apologize to Tian Lei or no longer be a daughter of the Yuan family.

Shisan sends Ling Xi to fetch medicine but she gets turned away after witnessing Lady Yuan leaving the medical facility. Qing Yao tells her to leave, explaining that the Medicine King is Lady Yuan's younger brother. She tells her to take care of herself first and go back to the Peach Forest. Ling Xi questions this logic as her sister goes down to the mortal realm to help even though the illnesses were spread by the God of Disease, and argues that one has to act on what they feel is right. 

Shisan visits Si Ming at his work when he doesn't show up as promised, and is very impressed, though she calls the mirrors spying devices. He keeps calling her brother ShiShan and making her mad and tries to have her leave. She agrees and says she'll be back again, to his horror.

Jiu Chen remembers his battle with the Demon Lord, where he says Jiu Chen has too much blood on his hands and will fall sooner or later.

Characters we meet:

Bai Shan Immortal - he delivers the decree stripping Jiu Chen of his position.

On 7/25/2019 at 6:48 PM, CatWhiskers said:

Lol..everyone is commenting on the main lead. To be honest..if u google him up...he is actually pretty hot in real life. Probably the hairstyle in this drama didnt really do him justice. But i like his costume in the mortal world. Losing that outer robe makes me a tad bit younger. Lol. 

On 7/25/2019 at 9:11 PM, Pmyonly said:

Chang Chen is indeed hot(gif in the hidden part:D )and has some incredible work under his belt(Hidden dragon and crouching tiger, The assassin,Grandmaster etc). Personally I think he perfectly fits in the role of God of war a maturer character (Have a thing with the characters having long luscious hair in drama and specially when they keep it open lol like Mark Chao in TMOPB,Chen kun in TROF and now Chang Chen)

Reveal hidden contents

I watched it on kiss asian

@hell59 I actually saw it on different site(name in hidden part above)

I think he is a good looking man but the styling in the drama isn't flattering to him at all. I don't understand why they didn't give him more flattering hairstyles considering he is the male lead and this is a fantasy where they can use artistic license.  The hair styling looks unflattering both when it's down and when it's up and seems to highlight hia worse facial features.  I think a lot of the supporting characters have better styling than him and I keep thinking he would look better with some of the hairstyles the other male cast are wearing.

I also really dislike his facial hair in the drama.  It makes him look kind of seedy.  Either have him clean-shaven or let him have a proper mustache and beard like in the pics @Pmyonly posted rather than this wispy, barely there, adolescent looking facial hair which just looks like he has forgotten to shave for a few days.

On 7/25/2019 at 5:02 PM, galea said:

Aha! I've finally caught up! I didn't think I would even start this show but now I'm hooked. I'm liking the pace so far. It's not too draggy and the storyline is engaging enough that I devoured all the available episodes in 2 days. :') As she did in The Rise of Phoenixes, Ni Ni delivers another incredible performance. This must be the first time that I have not found a cutesy/innocent character annoying within 5 minutes of suffering their on-screen presence.  I love how she isn't innocent and harmless in the standard way (I mean, she had absolutely no qualms about speaking exactly what was on her mind and offending a few people as she stumbled her way through the heavens). 

The male lead certainly isn't a pretty boy, which was a bit of a shocker, because despite how refreshing it is to occasionally have a manly-looking enough man play what is meant to be a manly role, I generally assume that the common audience prefers much younger looking men to play male leads in such shows regardless of acting ability and suitability to the role. Although, I'm a bit torn between accepting his stoicism and sometimes excessively contained/reserved reactions as stiff acting or just him being in-character. Maybe it's just the occasionally stiff body movements that's giving me this impression. Regardless, he definitely has the presence of a seasoned actor and I'm enjoying his take on a generally cold and aloof character. I've seen some blank-faced actors try to pull this off and end up looking like they have no innervation to their muscles of facial expression. 

Anyhow, I think I'm gonna watch this to the end, mostly because it's actually a pretty decent show and partly because some people who are adamant that looks = acting ability won't give it a chance. I definitely don't get kicks from doing things like going against unreasonable opinions or anything... No, not at all.... >_>' 

I agree with your whole post especially about both leads acting. NiNi is excellent in my opinion and she manages to make Ling Xi cute and innocent without making her stupid or cloying like most "cute" characters.  She is kind, smart, determined and focused on her job even if she can be a bit immature sometimes.  I didn't think I would like the character so I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I am enjoying NiNi's portrayal. 

Chang Chen is giving this role a gravitas suitable for the God of War and he is doing a good job of the stoic , cold character archetype we see so frequently in C-dramas.  I agree he is giving this character more nuance than some weaker actors who take this type of character as an excuse to act like a block of wood.  I am not always quite taken in by his acting but to be fair, I think the character is difficult right now because he has a very narrow range of emotions.  I'm only on episode 4 so I'm looking forward to seeing him melt a little bit and give Chang Chen more to work with.

@raziela and @galeaI agree with both of you about Ni Ni performance.  She showed a great balance of being cute and innocent but not over bearing that a lot of time you found it to be very annoying.  I enjoy seeing the 2 leads on screen and for once, the secondary characters are there to support but not taking away the leads spotlight. 

This is one of the series that get better and better as the series progress.  I'm at the beginning of mortal arc and I can't wait for next week episodes.  From the preview, our God of War is going to be jealous and being shameless.

Chibi arts they are so cute :D

b25150e94afcae6e9bdeab0918939b02c933e879

Jiu chen

4d0b38e429e47d8532d10ca40b585871c5d7f27f

Lin xi 

Sub for episode 8 is out 

Linxi in epi 8 lmao

Spoiler

tenor.gif

:DIn episode 7 when flashback of shi shan was shown her being a male jiao(mermaid)lmao that beard *dead*:D and not to forget that longetivity thread that she made:D

9a92f1e13c62848f9838089a5a6aa9c1c5b16c56

Chibi arts of supporting characters

6c8d6c00970d2626814b2c16fdd93351741a8f2f

Yun feng 

af3431b5ed22845227bec37c17fb9bd332c44b2b

Qing yao

01a2a814d13e66789bd6e0a0ce887ac90f217423

Shi San 

98eb52bd83b205e288b54c9d3ef561eb1df8f99b

Si Ming 

EAZgmbQU0AAuWDb?format=jpg&name=medium

Jing xiu

4 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

@raziela and @galeaI agree with both of you about Ni Ni performance.  She showed a great balance of being cute and innocent but not over bearing that a lot of time you found it to be very annoying.  I enjoy seeing the 2 leads on screen and for once, the secondary characters are there to support but not taking away the leads spotlight. 

This is one of the series that get better and better as the series progress.  I'm at the beginning of mortal arc and I can't wait for next week episodes.  From the preview, our God of War is going to be jealous and being shameless.

Where did u you saw the trailer for episode 31? The links i use to watch never show trailers.

Ep 8

Spoiler

Shan Ling ruler Ling Yue recalls her time with her husband while fondling his flute. Her adopted daughter shows up. They talk about possible marriage, and she mentions liking Jing Xiu, and Ling Yue is against it, saying they are from different generations. The princess leaves in a huff and Ling Yue tells her servant that she doesn't like that she can't discern Jing Xiu's true intentions.

Bao Qing hears a few palace maids gossiping about the ruler sending people out to find her daughter, and the fact that Bao Qing herself was found on the back of a sacred turtle in Da Yue nation. One of the maids, Laner, is amused when the other one comments that Bao Qing looks cute and innocent, hinting at something else, and Bao Qing is unhappy. She commands her maid to find out where Laner tends to hang out.

She goes to talk to an empty turtle shell, saying she would kill everyone that gossiped about her. We learn that she chained the turtle up because it kept trying to run away, and it died. She kills some birds and keeps hitting them after their dead. Yun Feng comes by and asks her about You Dou Mountain, and she lies and tells him it's completely safe.

Yun Feng proceeds and finds that the demonic ambience has gotten stronger, and figures out she was trying to get him killed.

Bao Qing goes to see Jing Xiu and gets bitten by his pet plant. He tells her it feeds on blood and its venom causes terrible pain and he keeps it to remind him it's good to be alive. She's ready to kill it but decides if Jing Xiu needs it, it can live.

Ling Xi goes home for a visit and gets attacked by Cheng Yan who's teaching her a lesson for getting in trouble and getting him tied up by Qing Yao. They reconcile and he tells her Le Bo came home, yelled about her for three days and went off drinking again. She asks Cheng Yan about an artifact that Le Bo mentioned that can restore anything even if it's burned to ashes. He tells her it is the Shui Yue Ding (Water Moon ... tripod cup thing). He tells her she can find it at Nanji Xian Zhou. It has 3 forms, the second of which is the tripod form that is able to restore any object. He hears that though the Nanji Old Immortal created it, the object has not recognized anyone as its master. She tricks him away, and hunts out a medical book on cold illnesses.

Jiu Chen sends his spirit out to check out You Dou Mountain, as he can feel the Demon Lord trying to break through the barrier, and he can't wait for Yun Feng to return.

Tian Lei continues to argue for harsher punishment. Jiu Chen visits the seal and suppresses the demon. On his way back he spies Zi Guang bullying Ling Xi and smacks him invisibly.

Jing Xiu is getting checked out by Wu, who tells him his inner demon is growing. He says that Jing Xiu has a natural talent but is unable to advance because of his obsession. He advises Jing Xiu to let his vengeance go, or ask Ling Yue directly. Jing Xiu says he doesn't want to force a confrontation. Wu reminds him to remember what his father taught him. 

Bao Qing drops by and tells him the news that her mother is looking for her lost daughter. We see a flash back to when he was supposed to save the baby but a rock slide fell on top of it. 

Qing Yao sits by a river waiting for a plant to bloom when a Bi Fang bird (seeking vengeance for its nest) comes to harass her. Yun Feng comes and knocks it out, but not before getting singed. He turns around expecting thanks but she's gone.

Ling Xi gets home and Jiu Chen asks where she's been. She asks if she can set up a medicine oven and he tells her to go ahead. In the mean time, Qing Yao seems to be doing the same thing. 

Jiu Chen's meditations are interrupted by repeated explosions coming from Ling Xi's rooms and she crawls out covered in soot. She takes a breather and goes back to work.

Characters we meet:

Bao Qing - Ling Yue's adopted daughter

Wu - a Ling Shan tribe member who appears to be loyal to Jing Xiu.

Ep 9

Spoiler

Shisan tries to inhale pancakes without success. She's trying to practice the Whale Swallowing Great Technique and ends up stuffing her face instead. Si Ming and Yun Feng witness it and slowly back away.

They bring news to Jiu Chen that Zhong Hao escaped into You Dou Mountain. He tells them that the Demon Lord is awake. However, he is incomplete, so will be unable to break out. He tells them his core strength is elsewhere, and that he is still investigating where it is. Yun Feng speculates that he may not sense demonic essence from Ling Xi because of something Le Bo may have done. At this point, another explosion rocks the house.

Ling Xi holds two gigantic pills in her hands and declares success. She decides to test her pill by jumping in a lake that could duplicate the chill that Jiu Chen suffers from. She gets pulled out by Jiu Chen and declares success since she's fine. Yun Feng realizes that Qing Yao has been working on the same pill and goes to see her just as her pills come out of the oven.

Ling Xi brings her sister's pill and Jiu Chen says they shouldn't waste her pills, so she brings her giant pill instead. Jiu Chen immediately regrets it and is speechless when she hands him a knife and chopsticks to cut her pill into edible pieces. (lol)

Whitey is lured away and killed by a suspicious bird and left at her doorstep. She sadly sends him back to the mortal realm through the Immortal Cleansing Pool. We learn that this pond is where convicted immortals are sent to have their immortality removed and sent back to live in the mortal realm.

Ling Yue remembers her husband's death and we see it in a flashback. We see that she blows up in a phoenix explosion and kills everyone. Granny Shi asks why she doesn't talk to Jing Xiu if she suspects something. She suspects that her child may be alive because she saw the eternity knot. Granny Shi calls for Lan'er and she appears to have gone missing.

Pu Hua comes to inform Jiu Chen he has to show up in three days for questioning. Si Ming also lets Jiu Chen know that Tian Lei has asked to place Yuan Zheng's weapon in the Hall of Merit and asked that Jiu Chen's Dragon's Tooth armor be removed, pissing off Shisan.

We see in a flashback that Ling Xi gathered the ashes of the destroyed battle report.

Jing Xiu finds out that Ling Yue has left the palace with only Granny Shi and follows her to Nanji Xian Zhou, where she meets with Nanji Old Immortal and asks him to divine the fate of her daughter. He tells her she's alive. While he does this, Ling Xi shows up and bumps into Jing Xiu, who helps hide her from discovery. She finds a pedestal with a puddle of water and touches it, causing it to turn into 4 large floating crystals.

Characters we meet:

Granny Shi - Ling Yue's attendant

Nanji Old Immortal

Ep 10

Spoiler

Each of the crystals seem to show scenes from her future, with one showing her kissing Jiu Chen. The crystals retract and form into the tripod form. Ling Xi places the ashes in the tripod and scenes from the battle appear and show that Yuan Zheng had gone dark. When it ends, the tripod turns into a bracelet and attaches to her wrist. Nanji Immortal tells Ling Yue she is right there but they miss her.

Ling Xi understands that Jiu Chen is trying to protect the Yuan family, so she goes to the Yuan ancestral hall and decides she will help him keep the secret, but before she can burn it, Yuan Tong starts chasing after her and tosses her into the Immortal Cleansing Pool. Her bracelet turns into a white shield and starts to surround her.

Qing Yao finds one of Ling Xi's feathers and tracks her to the pool and finds her injured and in her bird form. 

Shisan is captured and brought to Tian Lei and Old Lady Yuan for fighting at the Hall of Merits. Jiu Chen comes to retrieve her and is asked again if he killed Zheng Yuan. He tells her he did, and Old Lady Yuan issues a command to attack. Qing Yao arrives and brings Ling Xi. Jiu Chen restores her to human form. Old Lady Yuan insists on knowing the truth, so Qing Yao shows it to everyone - and they all witness Zheng Yuan going dark.

On 7/23/2019 at 3:35 PM, xmh322 said:

This trailer is really good!  They should have released it earlier.  

Translation (thanks and credit to darcy at MyDramaList):

Quick translation of the trailer for those who don't speak Chinese! 

JC: Ling Xi, I want to take you as my wife. Are you willing?
LX: Then are you willing to be by my side for a lifetime, never to part?

YF: Qing Yao...
QY: No matter if it is one thousand years or ten thousand years, I will be waiting here for you. 

JX(?): To be trapped by love, in so much pain death would be kinder 

JC: The truth of Ling Xi's birth will put her life in danger. I will protect her. 

SM: The God Cauldron is an ancient treasure made by the original gods. Are you going to save Ling Xi? 

??: If you don't have the stone heart of Nuwa, you will die!

YF: Shixiong! 

(1.04) 
JC: I should not have appeared by your side, but I am afraid that there is no one to take care of you. But if there is someone to take care of you, I am afraid that you will forget me. 

JC: No matter what happens in the future, or whoever you become, I will stay by your side. You must believe me. 

??: Do you want to save Ling Xi, or do you want to save Ah Mo? 

LX: You once said that you would take care of me forever, that you would protect me. Was that all fake? 

JC(?): [There's a line that I don't really understand. I think he's saying that as long as he's alive, love and family are things worth protecting but I'm not sure] 

JC's Master: Responsibilities and promises, these are the principles/path that you have spent your entire life chasing. 

LX: Dad! 

(At the 2.00)
??: Millions of demons attacking the Celestial Palace, destruction of the world. 

JC: [Uhh I'm not sure, but I think he's saying having reached this point, he must do his duty] 

LX: You use your life to protect all the people the world, [uhh not sure again, but I think she says something along the lines of "how do you know that I will use romantic affections to hold you back"] 

JC: I will not leave you, and I have never truly abandoned you. 

JC: No matter where I am, as long I draw breath, I will return to your side.

Thank you so much for your episode summaries @crispachu They are so helpful :blush:

Archived