[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Shower kisses  :innocent:What episode is this ....or is "movie" some other movie? 

Dear its a Movie...go check out the  various trailers n teaser or you cn even watch the whole movie.

41 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

Thank you all ...just saw that movie trailer...so they have been in love before LOL  destiny 

Hehehe!!! yeah you can say that. He died in the movie so hopefully it won't repeat here.

On 8/2/2019 at 3:08 AM, CatWhiskers said:

Oh my heart. A good insight and opinion on Jiu Chen's character. This is actually quite a good series. I am not sure why it wasnt really pick up by the masses. Sure, the lead actor is not your typical 20-30 year old eye candy but he fits the role. Do people really just watch drama for the lead only? Are we like the minority here? Lol

I believe we're the minority here.  There's no fluffy romance in this series. 

Agreed. I too am one who watch the drama for its story and not who the actors are although the acting must be of some standard.

This drama has sent me into a realm of emotions. Just loved watching a jealous Jiu Chen. Noticed the killer look on Jiu Chen when Yun Feng exclaimed Ling Xi married someone else. So funny.

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I was on Soompi - Love and Destiny brought me back.

I started watching it because of Ni Ni and that was because of Rise of Phoenixes and that happened because I wanted something more after Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms lol 

When I first saw the trailer - I wasn't that hooked and I just started watching to see how the leads chemistry would be.

Jiu Chen slowly grew on me - I cannot imagine a better God of War - there is so much restraint and intensity to him and so many different layers (the latest episodes are so funny)  it's a treat to watch him. I love Ni Ni - so nothing much to add there. 

I like that there's no hesitation and confusion among the leads once they realise they love each other. And I really like how Ling Xi takes the initiative knowing that there's no equal to Jiu Chen so she might as well try her luck. And among everyone who's fascinated with him - she's the only one who understands him as a person and how he burdens himself for everyone else. 

What I really like is that Jiu Chen fights for her life - but why is her life so important that a God of War is risking his? I think the God of War realises that innocent life must be preserved because it represents what is good in this world. If you intentionally kill that to save the world, then what are you really saving? Is a world tainted by the blood of the innocent really worth it? And how can you put a price for such a life?  - these are big ethical dilemmas and I would really like to see how Jiu Chen wins this battle for her life. 

I watched Savage last night because of the posts mentioned here lol - Chang Chen is pretty intense there too and the kiss happens 30 minutes into the movie.

These two actors really understand their craft. Happy to see them in Love and Destiny - the wait for the subs is the hardest part. My thanks to everyone who's helping out here with the recaps and updates. ^_^

By now, I understand yes, no, father, I'm back, how dare you, sorry, thank you in Chinese but they are not helpful without knowing what they are being used for lol

Looking forward to discussions here.

@shimshimae I really really love what you had to say about the reasons for why JC feels the need to save LX. Nicely put. Of course he does it because of his affections for her, but also you're absolutely right, the reason lies in his integrity to be the protector of all things good in their world. It is not duty-driven either, but a matter of personal principle. Which is an incredibly fresh take on the all too familiar - duty vs love - trope.  That is what makes this drama so special. Our male lead is not on a one-dimensional pursuit for romance. What he does for the female lead is not driven purely by his love and possessiveness of her as we seen many times in other cases. Nor does he try to deny or refuse his feelings for her even if it isn't an ideal situation. The depth of the characters and their motives are a breath of fresh air. 

13 minutes ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

@shimshimae I really really love what you had to say about the reasons for why JC feels the need to save LX. Nicely put. Of course he does it because of his affections for her, but also you're absolutely right, the reason lies in his integrity to be the protector of all things good in their world. It is not duty-driven either, but a matter of personal principle. Which is an incredibly fresh take on the all too familiar - duty vs love - trope.  That is what makes this drama so special. Our male lead is not on a one-dimensional pursuit for romance. What he does for the female lead is not driven purely by his love and possessiveness of her as we seen many times in other cases. Nor does he try to deny or refuse his feelings for her even if it isn't an ideal situation. The depth of the characters and their motives are a breath of fresh air. 

Yes! It is a refreshing take. 

I would like to mention the two contrasts (according to me) - The Duty side as portrayed in Nirvana in Fire - Mei Changsu never wavers from the duty side - and his lady love Nihuang understands and accepts it - it is painful and heartbreaking but necessary because Mei Changsu is very clear that if Nihuang is around he would be distracted from his goal and since he's dying anyways - there's no point in rekindling something which will cause further pain. The aspect I like is the immense respect and trust they have for one another. And they are still functional without the other one albeit there will always be a void that will never get filled. 

The love side is of course Ye Hua from TMOPB - this kind of love, is scary because it totally consumes the person - it's a different kind of love - I think - this is the kind where it's basically one person in two beings - so separation means taking a crucial part of oneself away - which is why they become so lifeless without the other. The huge downside to this is that it is very susceptible to becoming a toxic relationship. Ye Hua is one of the youngest and brightest Gods who ascended at a very young age - extremely capable but willing to give up his duty if it means he can be with Bai Qian or save her life or get her wishes fulfilled - he doesn't really care about anyone else. I think as a God you should care about other people and the world in general. 

I'm not an advocate of either extremes. So, I really hope it works out for JC and LX. 

@shimshimae welcome to this thread :DLoved your insights about jiu chen and linxi characters!

One of my fav moment in the mortal world when jiu chen was yearning for linxi and came to see her

Spoiler

72300584gy1g5je5ioe66j20c80kotaf.jpg

When he got caught lol :Dlove this look yeah "its me"B)

ed119fb7ly1g5i7q33jm8g20c0066e85.gif

a02917fagy1g5dl5mltykg20ao060qv5.gif

a02917fagy1g5dl5kvga1g20ao060e81.gif

cr weibo

Hey, 

I've finished episode 30 today and could not find the next one on the Croton Youtube channel. Seeing as you talked about episodes 37 etc I guess they are out somewhere?

Thanks for any info!

Archived