[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

On 5/13/2019 at 2:51 PM, stella77 said:

I just hope that one day the producers of Chinese drama will just get English subs done automatically for even broadcast online etc. It's 2019! 

Let's hope Viki will pick it up. I am spamming that request form of viki every day :joy: I am also waiting for subs, like you do, and I usually start the drama when almost all episodes are subbed....terrible to wait so long. Someone suggested in a comment that chinese drama producers should hire foreign language students to sub the dramas in english, while in postproduction, which is an amazing idea :joy: 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, bluevenus said:

I don't know the lead actors but i like the trailer and story. I hope it will be aired soon.

If you want to familiarise yourself with the actors, you could watch Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Brotherhood of Blades, for Chang Chen and Rise of the phoenixes, for Nini. These 2 movies and drama are amazing projects :blush: 

4 hours ago, rapo65 said:

If you want to familiarise yourself with the actors, you could watch Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Brotherhood of Blades, for Chang Chen and Rise of the phoenixes, for Nini. These 2 movies and drama are amazing projects :blush: 

Thank you for those recommendations. I can’t watch them at the moment but will put them in my to-watch list. I believe this series will be a very good one considering the background of the lead actors.:)

The male lead Chang Chen was in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon as Luo Xiaohu, Jiao Yulong’s lover.In the trailer for this drama he does look a little mature looking,but his character his a god so maybe that’s the look the director wanted.

19 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

The male lead Chang Chen was in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon as Luo Xiaohu, Jiao Yulong’s lover.In the trailer for this drama he does look a little mature looking,but his character his a god so maybe that’s the look the director wanted.

I absolutely agree with you. The director is one of the best and i trust her decision in choosing Chang Chen. She knows what she is doing. Imagine how good the script must be, if Chen agreed to join the project. And honestly, how a god of war, old of thousands of years is supposed to look like, if not like Chen? :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The trailers and posters look gorgeous :heart: that said, the three lives three worlds drama was based on a plagiarized book. Majority of the author's content was copied from a danmei/BL book 'Peach Blossom Debt'.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:07 PM, dreamxx said:

The trailers and posters look gorgeous :heart: that said, the three lives three worlds drama was based on a plagiarized book. Majority of the author's content was copied from a danmei/BL book 'Peach Blossom Debt'.

This one wasn't actually based on anything written by Tang Qi, the director and maybe other staff worked on Peach Blossom's drama, and the company just decide to change the name. They've changed it back now so it doesn't association with Three Lives Three Worlds which is for the best, since there's one less group of antis to worry about, especially since Pillow Book is airing as well (?). The terms also isn't original to that series of drama/books, it's just a regular term.

I am quite worried for us non speaking Chinese people. I was hoping Viki would get this one (idk why I thought so bc they also got their hands on Eternal Love super late) but now that they have "lost"/not gotten the license I am worried for all of us. 

How did we get subs before/without Viki? I have no clue :joy::bawling:

1n2xZp8.png

EDIT:

Seems like I was worried for nothing. There is already ENG subs on their official YT account. I am so grateful <3

Looking good so far...i like the stern look that God of War wears and Nini looks beautiful  ...i am waiting for subs so not sure of who is who yet . (  I am not comparing it to TMOPB and watching this as stand alone version ...sure the main seated God looks better here LOL so far  :tounge_wink:)  

Fellow peps, checked out dramanice. They just uploaded 12 episodes! 

@angelangie shared the air schedule which states that VIP folks on iQiYi get one whole week (10eps) upfront. Which is great for us, too because of generous beings sharing it with us on Dramanice <3

The quality sucks tho x.x And of course there will not be any subtitles until the TY account uploads them themselves, so it kind of is only for spoiler purposes.

MsZwiOy.pngNever the less I am happy <3

Just finished watching episode 1 with eng sub! I really like it so far- definitely gives me the same vibes as Eternal Love. I read some comments about the ML looking too old for Ni Ni, but I think it works given the context of the show. Having a younger actor play the part would not give the same effect. 

The actress that plays Ni Ni's elder sister is so pretty as well! I really love the costumes in this (more so than Eternal Love).

Here's an OST for the opening theme:

Hi guys,

I just finished watching episode 1 on YouTube with subtitles and so far I like the costumes, acting and storyline. The story needs to pick up a little in order to really get us hooked but of course i just watched the first episode. It does remind me of Eternal love.  I tried to watch episode 2 on YouTube but there are so many blanks on the subtitles I don’t see the point in watching if they ain’t gonna subtitle everything. If anyone knows where i can watch it with good subtitles let me know plz

I am very happy with the God of War Jiu Chen and how stoic his character is, truely has all the characteristics a virtuous God of War needs to have. He is the good kind of stoic. He is not being indifferent as many stoics are being portrait in dramas. You feel how he has difficulties getting accostomed to his new life. He also puts of with a lot of stuff from everyone around him without ever showing reactions, he probably does not even hide any because there are none. 

Some guy being malicious towards him? What ever. He being touched or talked to in a way that is totally not how one acts/speaks towards a 战神? Never mind that either. Later on in his house he does not even get a minute of peace and he never complains. True stoic

Vya7Z8g.png

Spoiler (I am at ep 12 w/o subs):

Just when you get to see how he gets better in the later episodes, he gets beaten down again by some unnecessary punishment.

Sweet... (sarcams) I was hoping we will see a nice recovery and then watch him beat some A**. I have no idea whoms A** bc I have not figured out what we are even up against in this drama but I am just glad to see that there is not some 2nd-female-love-triangle-rivalry thing happening... yet? And I very much like the female/male 'companion' (no subs so I have no idea what she/he is) Very sweet and endearing. 

@angelangie

That's true but I am already too impatient to wait for someone to watch it and then explain it to me. I guess for me in the future there really is no way around from properly learning Chinese (for now I am at a super beginner lvl and totally not at some historic drama lvl)

Maybe in a year I can be the one doing the summaries ^^*

Archived