Quantcast
DontEatMyKimchi

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

7 hours ago, DramaLover said:

There’s a Facebook group called PCCD-Backup that’s subbed the series. They’ve posted Ep 20 so far. 

YESSSSSS!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What episode is airing in china?

I just got to the latest sub available in FB which episode 21.

The storytelling is so fast-paced for me. No bored moments. Chang Chen and Ni Ni are top-notch actors. Hands down.

• Like 1

Hey, 

I've finished episode 30 today and could not find the next one on the Croton Youtube channel. Seeing as you talked about episodes 37 etc I guess they are out somewhere?

Thanks for any info!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

I just got to the latest sub available in FB which episode 21.

The storytelling is so fast-paced for me. No bored moments. Chang Chen and Ni Ni are top-notch actors. Hands down.

Ep 41 to 50 starting Monday.  You need to have a facebook account to get the sub?  I tried to google it but it doesn't come up and I don't have facebook.

There're no filler episodes with this series.  Every scenes have something to offer.  Not only that, they gave personality to side characters too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Paw said:

Hey, 

I've finished episode 30 today and could not find the next one on the Croton Youtube channel. Seeing as you talked about episodes 37 etc I guess they are out somewhere?

Thanks for any info!

maplestage has them.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, shimshimae said:

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I was on Soompi - Love and Destiny brought me back.

I started watching it because of Ni Ni and that was because of Rise of Phoenixes and that happened because I wanted something more after Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms lol 

When I first saw the trailer - I wasn't that hooked and I just started watching to see how the leads chemistry would be.

Jiu Chen slowly grew on me - I cannot imagine a better God of War - there is so much restraint and intensity to him and so many different layers (the latest episodes are so funny)  it's a treat to watch him. I love Ni Ni - so nothing much to add there. 

I like that there's no hesitation and confusion among the leads once they realise they love each other. And I really like how Ling Xi takes the initiative knowing that there's no equal to Jiu Chen so she might as well try her luck. And among everyone who's fascinated with him - she's the only one who understands him as a person and how he burdens himself for everyone else. 

What I really like is that Jiu Chen fights for her life - but why is her life so important that a God of War is risking his? I think the God of War realises that innocent life must be preserved because it represents what is good in this world. If you intentionally kill that to save the world, then what are you really saving? Is a world tainted by the blood of the innocent really worth it? And how can you put a price for such a life?  - these are big ethical dilemmas and I would really like to see how Jiu Chen wins this battle for her life. 

I watched Savage last night because of the posts mentioned here lol - Chang Chen is pretty intense there too and the kiss happens 30 minutes into the movie.

These two actors really understand their craft. Happy to see them in Love and Destiny - the wait for the subs is the hardest part. My thanks to everyone who's helping out here with the recaps and updates. ^_^

By now, I understand yes, no, father, I'm back, how dare you, sorry, thank you in Chinese but they are not helpful without knowing what they are being used for lol

Looking forward to discussions here.

Oh my oh my! Are you me? hehehe! Im here for the same reasons,

with the exact order you mentioned: my first drama ever TMOPB, then TROP and now Love and Destiny (ok i've tried 2-3 more but quit somewhere in the mid episodes).

Hello to everyone here! Happy to find you! :):)

Im quite new to Love and Destiny. I didnt like it at all from the trailers, that director-the same as in TMOPB, seemed so repetitive 

in such many things (i still believe that and its kind of annoying).

I also didnt like Chen Chang in the beginning. Though i already knew him since Crouching Tiger.

But i was reading this thread and i tried to watch some of the latest episodes and....here i am. Im hooked. I loved Nini's performance in TROP and i can say the same thing about Love and Destiny. To my surprise, i 've changed my mind also about Chen Chang. He is indeed a full layered character with gradual development up to now.

Long story short, i will complete the whole 20 episodes with eng subs and get back to talk about it.

(i was also searching about the movie: Savage but didnt find it anywhere,  can someone sent me a link where i can watch it?)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

Ep 41 to 50 starting Monday.  You need to have a facebook account to get the sub?  I tried to google it but it doesn't come up and I don't have facebook.

There're no filler episodes with this series.  Every scenes have something to offer.  Not only that, they gave personality to side characters too.

Yes, you need a FB account to join the PCCD group!

• Like 1

Watched up to date and trying to understand what is happening due to my limited Mandarin. I find Jiuchen character very deep. He is like an onion with many layers and doesn't display his emotions right out in front. Very serious and stoic. Perhaps that is why the position GoW suits him. 

Sometimes i wonder why (and please dont flame me) a high level god like him would fall so deeply in love with Lingxi. ...Who probably has kindness and being cute as her biggest attribute. I wish the drama explains a bit more. I find him suddenly putting an arm on Lingxi (like confirming he likes her and they r in a somewhat relationship) when in the cold palace where he ask her to stay there with him a bit too sudden or odd? If they could explain or show a bit more on how Jiuchen comes to like Lingxi would be perhaps better.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

14 hours ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

Non-vip episode 30, which is why Croton is only up to 30. VIP episode 40. In little bit over an hour, there'll be 41-42. Updates every weekday, 2 episodes per day.

I'm on ep 23. Jiu Chen's hair, gdi stylist what are you doing. Lingxi's super pale look is meant to fit her innocent character I assume, but it bothers me somewhat. I really like her pets though, I want a Wu Wan toy!!

• Like 3

On 8/4/2019 at 12:59 PM, Pmyonly said:

@shimshimae welcome to this thread :DLoved your insights about jiu chen and linxi characters!

One of my fav moment in the mortal world when jiu chen was yearning for linxi and came to see her

Reveal hidden contents

72300584gy1g5je5ioe66j20c80kotaf.jpg

When he got caught lol :Dlove this look yeah "its me"B)

ed119fb7ly1g5i7q33jm8g20c0066e85.gif

a02917fagy1g5dl5mltykg20ao060qv5.gif

a02917fagy1g5dl5kvga1g20ao060e81.gif

cr weibo

Thank you! Those are one of my favourite scenes too!! Thanks for the GIFs! :D

7 hours ago, Vals Stor said:

Oh my oh my! Are you me? hehehe! Im here for the same reasons,

with the exact order you mentioned: my first drama ever TMOPB, then TROP and now Love and Destiny (ok i've tried 2-3 more but quit somewhere in the mid episodes).

Hello to everyone here! Happy to find you! :):)

Glad to find same company :D

3 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

Watched up to date and trying to understand what is happening due to my limited Mandarin. I find Jiuchen character very deep. He is like an onion with many layers and doesn't display his emotions right out in front. Very serious and stoic. Perhaps that is why the position GoW suits him. 

Sometimes i wonder why (and please dont flame me) a high level god like him would fall so deeply in love with Lingxi. ...Who probably has kindness and being cute as her biggest attribute. I wish the drama explains a bit more. I find him suddenly putting an arm on Lingxi (like confirming he likes her and they r in a somewhat relationship) when in the cold palace where he ask her to stay there with him a bit too sudden or odd? If they could explain or show a bit more on how Jiuchen comes to like Lingxi would be perhaps better.

I will try to answer this. 

There are many layers to JC and many layers to LX as well.

LX is young and bright - she is lively, guileless and is actually very perceptive. Her insights are accurate and deep - Ep 1 she quickly recognises the wannabe God of War just by a mere description. And in a later episode when everyone in court accuses JC and he leaves holding her hand - she at first says she only noticed fairies gawking at them but then tries to comfort him - I don't think anyone would attempt to 'comfort' this stoic God of War. And in the beginning episodes - she saves him multiple times from freezing - not caring about her own reputation and his rude remarks/gestures. And later, she almost dies to protect the war report for JC. This shows her loyalty. She is also not vengeful but she is fair - her demands for being compensated for YT's actions. And I'm sure there are plenty of other examples.

For a young fairy to exhibit such virtues and qualities is not a common or ordinary thing. JC realises that. And it is loudly hinted she is beautiful (by her Dad) and JC once rebuffs are for being naive to think of looks and that she can't be a general because she lacks required ability (but in that scene I do think he knows she is beautiful). 

Then, LX does something more than taking initiative - (because there are several ladies who like him) - she sees him as a man. And his defences are broken against her. (He lets her hug him, etc etc)

I think it's a combination of everything LX is and could be as a person - his future equal that brings him to her. 

And once he realises he likes her, I think it just hits him how lonely he was all these years without someone like her to give sunshine. Which probably drives him to secure her interest in him. Lol :D

• Like 7

I think our God of War was caught once baby Ling Xi held his fingers and even then he "sacrifice" himself to save her.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

I think our God of War was caught once baby Ling Xi held his fingers and even then he "sacrifice" himself to save her.

I am stalled at ep 12 due to sub, but did God of War recognize Ling Xi as the baby he ' sacrificed" him self or is that coming up in the later episodes ? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

I am stalled at ep 12 due to sub, but did God of War recognize Ling Xi as the baby he ' sacrificed" him self or is that coming up in the later episodes ? 

it is addressed in later episodes clearly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

As his fellow brother astutely says “Jiu Chen loves simple people; hence he understands why JC likes Ling Xi”. I tried figuring it out for awhile, and now I agree with his observation.  JC like LX coz she’s simple. 

Edited by DramaLover
Update
  • Like 1

I wouldn't call her simple since that can be mistaken as stupid. I would call her honest and her world is a bit black and white :phew:. She is a true fairy.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, usagi1997 said:

I wouldn't call her simple since that can be mistaken as stupid. I would call her honest and her world is a bit black and white :phew:. She is a true fairy.

Simple isn't quite the word - or at least not how most people would take it. Simple as in uncomplicated, as in the opposite of being calculative; simple as in straightforward, honest, no need to guess at hidden meanings or motives behind their words and actions. The phrase they use is 单纯, which translates to simple and pure.

Sorry folks, took a break this weekend, will get back into recaps when I get home tonight.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1