[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

14 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I would love a movie or a CF too. I’ll take anything! ANYTHING! Especially a real wedding :lol:

I am holding out for S2 and wait I am not finished just hear me out. 

1. I want S2 both of them as the lead and romancing each other 

2. followed by a movie together perhaps a 19+ netflix movie that will air inbetween S1 and S2

3. followed by few commericials together

4. ending everything with a MinEun wedding 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 1

101477539.1.jpg

Baek Hyun-joo's final remarks on The King: "Thank you for being with us in a difficult situation."

Baek Hyun-joo expressed her feelings about the ending of "The King."

Actor Baek Hyun-joo has revived the drama with her charisma and comic acting in the SBS Friday-Saturday drama, "The King-Eternal Monarch" as Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho)'s chief of staff.

In the drama, Baek played the role with her intelligent charisma. As a reliable supporter and helper of Lee Gon, she increased her level of immersion in the drama to perfectly digest the indispensable role of a professional chief secretary.

"I would like to thank everyone who has been preparing for the work for a long time and who has been with me until the end despite the difficult situation," Baek said through her agency on June 12, ahead of the last broadcast. "Thanks to them, I was able to be the secretary."

I would also like to thank the viewers for saving "The King." I hope Corona19 will no longer be a disaster for us, and I hope everyone will be a little happier. I will also try to come back with a better look.

Meanwhile, "The King-Eternal Monarch" will air its final episode at 10 p.m. on the 12th.

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202006120734272410

• Like 14
  • Love 6

10 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

Your memories are also now erased ... My hands are now getting fatigued erasing so many people 

----

My hands are now getting fatigued erasing so many people 

Spoil us anyway! I love spoilers by the way 

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

10 hours ago, Joje said:
Spoiler

I personally think JTE's character is evolving and in a realistic way. She is a realist who took a risk to enter into a relationship even though she thought it would be short lived and yet still decided to enjoy it to the fullest. What she didn't realize is that, it's easier said than done and that's what she's experiencing now.

The closer you get to someone, the deeper the bond and the harder it is to break that bond.

Spoiler

Thanks to LR's kidnapping lol, they got the spend more time together. Talking and getting to know each other more and they even got intimate. The brain is different from the heart. What you think and what you feel are completely different.

With the way LG loves, worship and adores her, she's bound to fall deeper in love with him. For a strong woman, this man has become her weakness. Her reaction to him being poisoned showed that she was starting to come into terms that she can't live without him. Then he left just out of the blue, no goodbye, he didn't even take JY with him especially with danger looming and the fact that the door needs to be closed. I can understand her emotions and tears.

I love how JTE handled herself after the whole stabbing fiasco though. She didn't even whine to her dad about getting stabbed and after she got the necessary help, she bounced back on her feet and handled her business. I still see a strong woman.

I also hope the finale showcase more of her strong qualities. @ms_inquiry

Sorry for the long post

I love this so much. Thanks for your long post. Couldn't have said it better. She is one tough cookie!

That's why it broke my heart so much to see her cry, because you can literally see how much he means to him to bring her out of character. The bench scene is so well executed, i can feel her pain having to let go of Gon (yet again!).

6 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Yes to your whole brilliant post, and I want to add as well - LG is the only person she lets her guard down to, and vice versa.  It's one thing if JTE is tough as nails and then crumbles completely in front of everyone and starts crying, but it's literally just LG that she's taken her barriers down for. 

Spoiler

We see it occasionally with her friends and family - mentioned double eyelid surgery to SJ, being concerned that her dad would have missed her the first time she left, and talking to Nari about spending the night at LG's, wanting to get some relationship advice.  Every time, she gets shot down and her walls go straight back up. 

But LG sees her tough exterior and drills through it like it's nothing, starting from the first bamboo forest scenes.  She's complaining that it's cold and it's annoying, and while the others would've just written it off as typical JTE complaining, he focuses on the fact that she's actually COLD.  He doesn't ask if she wants his coat, he just wraps her up in it. 

JTE's spent her whole life taking care of those she loves, and she finally has someone taking care of her. 

Spoiler

We see when she's 5, she's already fiercely independent and her dad was busy being a single working parent providing for her.  But she never got much emotional support...honestly the best of it probably came from Eun sup and he's not...great.  But within a few months, you've got a rich AF King who goes from giving her his coat - to flying a helicopter to pick her up - to slashing through an army of men to save her life.  He's also knocked down her emotions and she's free to actually be vulnerable and cry.  It's actually a really nice and subtle breakdown of a character who could've been very one note in her emotions.

We can see how vulnerable she is when she's with Gon. When she met ES in hospital, she barely talked about what happened to her. She mostly full of praises of ES and elevated him up. I loved that she took care of people around her so much, that ES light up when he saw her.

2 hours ago, Joje said:

Awesome :glasses:

I've played the hospital scene over and over again. She went from hitting/manhandling him to being “girlish & babyish” wanting him to feed her. As someone commented on IG; she could punch Luna but she can't pick up a spoon…. Aww JTE… What a journey it has been.

I won't mind seeing some “hitting and manhandling” in the finale though :P:P

Mandhandling is what we wanna see!..hahaha

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 7
  • Naughty 2
  • Love 7

7 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

@AgentQuake @Heretorant @vangsweetie637 @Elnin Joery @Phoenix88 @Joanna Alfson I will post it after an hour I need to review it first :w00t:

Reveal hidden contents

Just kidding.. Honestly I am not sure what it is 

But here it is 

------------------------

Lmao. We need to get you thru the portal to KOC.... for beheading :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

20 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I am holding out for S2 and wait I am not finished just hear me out. 

1. I want S2 both of them as the lead and romancing each other 

2. followed by a movie together perhaps a 19+ netflix movie that will air inbetween S1 and S2

3. followed by few commericials together

4. ending everything with a MinEun wedding 

I second this and i think that would be awesome and unreal great hahah

• Like 1
  • Love 5

53 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Why is this sooooo me?

The shipper in me is rooting for MinEun.

While the jealous fangirl in me is wishing I could be kge and date him. 

The takeaway message though, is that both scenarios, he ends up with kge.

:lol:

Don’t worry there always other oppa available :joy:

What dating on TKEM feel like 

Our queen : :D

15919210131591921008.gif

Oppa:  :joy: 

~ she need to sleep on chamber :phew:
15919205971591920581.gif
~ I giving up my bed from you :D
15919204381591920419.gif

~ do room service for you 

Spoiler

15919202111591920200.gif

Our queen: 

~ you’re my kind of man come here :D

15919214201591921410.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3

EaRWFilUcAAd7Tg?format=jpg&name=small

Studio Dragon Expects Surprise Overseas Copyright in Southeast Asia-Hanwha

Hanwha Investment & Securities said on the 12th that Studio Dragon (253450) is showing more production capacity abroad, and this year, there will be a noticeable improvement in its performance in overseas copyrights in Southeast Asia. Investment opinion remained Buy and target stock price remained at 105,000 won.

Ji In-hae, a researcher at Hanwha Investment & Securities Co., said, "Netflix, the world's largest online video service (OTT) in 190 countries, disclosed the top 10 traffic rankings by region, separated by movies and TV shows," adding, "The most prestigious chart among them is World Ranking, which collects and announces all 190 service nationalities, and the familiar content, "The King: Eternal Monarch," ranked 9th."

The drama, which is currently on air, has intellectual property rights (IP) in Studio Dragon.

"The reason why we ranked at the top despite the perception that we are somewhat sluggish in Korea is because we have dominated Southeast Asian traffic," he said. "We also maintain the top spot in Hong Kong, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Nigeria, and are also ranked at the top in Japan, India, Chile, Bolivia and the Dominican Republic."

"Among them, Studio Dragon is proving the recognition of Korean content in Southeast Asia through Netflix's announcement of traffic rankings," he added. "Competition for the supply and demand of essential Korean content will greatly increase the transaction copyright price depending on the strength of future bids."

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01672806625801064&mediaCodeNo=257&OutLnkChk=Y

• Like 10
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 5

Good Morning  Chingus' .  ** HUGS  ***

Are we READY for tonight !  :blush:

I am ready with  Soju, Vokda ,Spicy BBQ Chicken & Kimchi  ready for celebration should we get a GOOD ending :love:

However, Guns, & Cannon are ready as well should the ending is BAD :bawling:

Shout out to all Chingus' , pray , pray, prayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that KES will not disappoint us and give us a good & happy ending.

Btw, work got me distracted yesterday most of the time  both mentally & physicall tired till level 0.

Can’t provide any Input else you guys get garbage out from me, LOL

Be right back after backtrack 10 pages :cold_sweat:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, Wis dom said:

I am on my laptop can't see it. 

If I login to netflix with my Mobile version should I be able to see it and what region are you seeing from could also be due to the region?

I am in Malaysia right now. I'm seriously not sure how this works. Maybe the different version of the app? 

5 minutes ago, Phoenix88 said:

Imagine Lee Min Ho having a twin who looks exactly like him:love:

Lee Gon and Lee Ji Hun appreciation post...

Omg, can we kidnap LJH and bring him over here. All MINOZ can have LMH/LG instead 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

I saw my husband watching TKEM

I caught him fast forwarding a scene

I flipped and made him rewatch it

Details, dude! Details!

He gave me an eyeroll

And then I saw him watch the next episode on his phone. Hehehe

Feeling hormonal on the day of the final episode of TKEM

• Like 2