[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

2 minutes ago, NoonaCaana said:

I suddenly felt that TE from KOC and Luna from ROK, because Luna had the same disease as TE's mother. maybe TE's mom exchanged her (the same as SJ's mother) so TE's dad wouldn't lose TE with the same disease :huh:

but I didn't find out what LL got by helping TE's mother :sweatingbullets:

I didn't pick any indictions where this could have happened but there is possibility I am not denying it. I also lowkey hope for that this is the case but I am not sure because I really didn't see any indiction to this before in the show but I am not denying it's possibility

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

We should make a new poll - what our favorite OST is?

Dream: after he rescues her and she falls asleep and he kisses her forehead and the bridge played omg the bridge is more beautiful than the one one Switzerland Seri tried to jump off of

Love this idea

At the end of episode 10 when LG is kissing JTE, seemingly saying goodbye, and Dream starts playing... If there is one moment of this drama which makes my heart feel like it is breaking apart every time... 

:heartbreak:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

It would be actually strangely poetic if Luna and JTE ended up being the final switch.  

LL spent so much time swapping people in and out, only for them all to fail and hurt him and themselves.  However, two people switching for love - JTE and her love for LG, Luna and the love that she can develop for JTE’s family, could help balance the world.

Or we can chop Luna’s head, I’m not particularly invested in her happy ending.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 13

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

welcome back, haha... I have 5 more pages but take a break from backreading now, I think my eyes will fall out, LOL. the sound of soompi flute notified me here.

NOOOOOOOO, it's your punishment!! Bear with it! don't make excuse!!! 

LOL!! Unfortunately for me, my computer is lagging so much that I cannot even change my profile picture. It loads and loads then says error hahahahaha. I was like:
tenor.gif

the baddie has to stay for mine then because it just won’t let go :joy:

i just started backtracking and now I am not even sure what page I stopped on hahahahaha!

Punishment is punishment, LOL

hahahaha, should we have another poll, like how would the ending will be? who will last until the end, will JTE or LG remember each other, is that JTE and LJH who pass each other, is that scene for real or their imaginary, how about this one?\

가자 kajaaaa!! :D

ooo!! I like this idea!!! A poll for the ending! We can do another one, right? Is there a limit on how many times we can have a poll tho? :sweatingbullets:

We need to do it soon so that we have more time to vote. I haven’t backtracked everything and from all the theories I have read, my mind is already blank so I mostly cannot recall how others want the ending to be. I remember how I don’t want it to end though. Do you remember? Because I can put it together and ask if we can do another poll :D 

Everyone else, jump on in!! 

@mrsj3n hahaha whose blessings did you get? 

Because I only work at the TKEM bar ;) :P Lol! Goodnight! See you later! 

alright, the real backtracking begins now..

20 pgs of reading...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Sorry that I butchered part of your wonderful insights.

Wanted to get to the point here:

1) It wasn't made clear that by "saving himself" meant that little LG will has to die first.

After some thinking, I'm actually inclined to think that LG wanted to save the part of himself that has the memories of JTE. The ID card and hence going into ROK. Hence the selfish part.

So when SJ meant he will "vanish", I believe the current LG who we are looking at.

Because no matter what, LR would still have the half flute by the time he waltz in to save the day as little LG would have confronted LR as we have seen in episode 1.

Unless he is coming in way before little LG stumbled into the room or he let LR kill little LG first before he makes his way to kill LR who has the whole flute.

Gah..  again. I call BS on such noble idiocy.

LG's plan is to kill LR when he was choking young LG cos he believed that this was LR's most vulnerable point that night.  By doing so, he would risk the life of the young King.  He claimed he shot the ceiling precisely to distract LR sparing young LG.  This is what he thought was selfish (as he pointed out to OkNam during their last talk) cos he prioritized saving his young self and as their story played out, saving his young self did not prevent the two worlds being put in turmoil. So he concluded that killing LR is the only solution so he can save both worlds.

But unbeknown to him, TE will cross over KOC. I believe SJ will go with her. I believe that they will help that night and they will be the ones to save young LG.  

That's how I imagine that they get their happy endings. However, it is highly possible that there will be a casualty towards that happy ending.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

Dream is my favorite among all the original songs in this series.  The number of times I've listened to it since I first heard it is unhealthy at this point. LOL

Second favorite is Gravity because it reminds me of that "Protect her!  She's the future queen!" scene.

My favorite BGM is the piano version of their sad love theme (the one with the similar melody to Gummy's My Love).  I am waiting for the release of the BGM on Spotify so I can listen to that over and over.  Honestly the BGM in this series is so good, I even love the one playing during the title credits LOL.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

@mychoiyoung 100%.  But also wanted to note that during the promo scene where JY and LG are cat walking in, the ceiling is shattering down in front of them as well.  But neither JY or LG shot at it. Maybe SJ?

On another note, LG and JY were VERY coordinated and possibly even walking on the beat.  I have come to the conclusion that they were walking in to Baby, One More Time. 

Shoot LL baby one more time

• Like 1
  • LOL 16

38 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

LG's plan is to kill LR when he was strangling his young self cos he believed that this was LR's most vulnerable point that night.  By doing so, he would risk the life of the young King.  He claimed he shot the ceiling precisely to distract LR sparing young LG.  This is what he thought was selfish (as he pointed out to OkNam during their last talk) cos he prioritized saving his young self and as their story played out, saving his young self did not prevent the two worlds being put in turmoil. So he concluded that killing LR is the only solution so he can save both worlds.

But unbeknown to him, TE will cross over KOC. I believe SJ will go with her. I believe that they will help that night and they will be the ones to save young LG.  

That's how I imagine that they get their happy endings. However, it is highly possible that there will be a casualty towards that happy ending.

SJ has been hinted to have the shooting skills necessary to kill LL in one go from quite far away, if we remember that scene of him and JTE at the shooting range. The only thing though is that at the end of this episode JTE is shown to drive away by herself. The preview also shows SJ alone seemingly after he told JTE of his feelings (and probably after he has given her the flute piece). However in that scene of JTE driving away LL does not seem to be in the car either (I think at least). So perhaps she's driving somewhere else first... Leaving the possibility open that SJ will go with her

• Like 13
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, gwin said:

FROM THE PREVIEW FOR EPISODE 16:

1.   JY holding what appears to be the whole flute, but he's bloodied

JY was just bloodied, He was NOT the one holding flute. Most probably it was LR, the hand had a white shirt Underneath and JY is wearing all Black.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 2

Y’all - this is us whenever we discuss PM or Luna or LL, or anyone else who mildly offended us for the day.

Kdrama reddit: SHOOT HIM

Tumblr: CUT OUT HIS TONGUE

Our crazy bums: SHOOT HIM AND CUT OUT HIS TONGUE.  THEN SHOOT THE TONGUE.  And pound that scraggly rice! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Did you win on the poll or did you vote after the poll closed:joy:

Yaaa, I told you I won!!! :lol: No, I did voted before it ended. see the rabbit is disappearing from my profile for a while so that Oppa could stay in it. btw I wonder why I can't see the poll voters, I think we can see it in other poll, why it's not here ;)

25 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

LOL!! Unfortunately for me, my computer is lagging so much that I cannot even change my profile picture. It loads and loads then says error hahahahaha. I was like:

BWAHAHHAHA... It's a sign that you still need to carry on the penalty, it's not over yet, if I'm not mistaken it says it lasted for a week, then you can change it back next Friday, it means you need to put it on till the final comes, :tounge_xd:

27 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

i just started backtracking and now I am not even sure what page I stopped on hahahahaha! 

it's worth your time tho, along the way you may found several witty post, insightful, lovely reviews. I still have five pages few hours ago, now I guess it will add more, :sweat_smile:

30 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

ooo!! I like this idea!!! A poll for the ending! We can do another one, right? Is there a limit on how many times we can have a poll tho? :sweatingbullets:

We need to do it soon so that we have more time to vote. I haven’t backtracked everything and from all the theories I have read, my mind is already blank so I mostly cannot recall how others want the ending to be. I remember how I don’t want it to end though. Do you remember? Because I can put it together and ask if we can do another poll :D

you can consult @Lmangla for this, yes do it, do it, it's fun, :lol:

31 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

hahaha whose blessings did you get? 

Because I only work at the TKEM bar ;) :P Lol! Goodnight! See you later! 

I was asking her this but she went to sleep already. 

32 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

alright, the real backtracking begins now..

20 pgs of reading...

hwaiting!! I'll join you soon, after I've done typing my report maybe, TKEM thread totally got me away from doing my work, hahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, madmad min said:

JY was just bloodied, He was NOT the one holding flute. Most probably it was LR, the hand had a white shirt Underneath and JY is wearing all Black.

He was blodied and mess. I think he will officially die or atleast his present one but his younger self will be alive and since the time is altered he can get to life a new life since time is altered he can afford to get himself killed in his future-present self 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I think this is the first week that I do NOT want a new episode.  Of course I want to see the bbs, but not for the last time.  I’m going to miss all of you guys here as well - I’m sure we’ll all be around in some capacity but it won’t be this way.

Are we allowed to drop our Instagrams/Twitters/Tumblr handles here?  It’s not considered self promotion, is it? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 12

49 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

LG's plan is to kill LR when he was strangling his young self cos he believed that this was LR's most vulnerable point that night.  By doing so, he would risk the life of the young King.  He claimed he shot the ceiling precisely to distract LR sparing young LG.  This is what he thought was selfish (as he pointed out to OkNam during their last talk) cos he prioritized saving his young self and as their story played out, saving his young self did not prevent the two worlds being put in turmoil. So he concluded that killing LR is the only solution so he can save both worlds.

Past Lee Lim not believing in future Lee Lim telling him to forget the king but kill the Kid. He thought it was a joke that his future self would tell him to prioritize the 8 year old kid over the current king but he later found out that his future self was telling the truth. 

Another thing past Lee Lim couldn't wrap around his head was how would the sleeping kid come and save the day this was impossible in his own logic but future Lee Lim had seen it all due to the flute

• Like 7
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I think this is the first week that I do NOT want a new episode.  Of course I want to see the bbs, but not for the last time.  I’m going to miss all of you guys here as well - I’m sure we’ll all be around in some capacity but it won’t be this way.

Are we allowed to drop our Instagrams/Twitters/Tumblr handles here?  It’s not considered self promotion, is it? 

We will be active until 1 week post the drama circa in my opinion wrapping up everything from Ep1 to ep16. You can drop your handlers! Would definitely pay a visit sometime in the future where you hang out online to spazz from time to time 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

21 minutes ago, Time loop said:

He was blodied and mess. I think he will officially die or atleast his present one but his younger self will be alive and since the time is altered he can get to life a new life since time is altered he can afford to get himself killed in his future-present self 

Don't tell me that his gonna die this will give me such nightmare and now that you mention this the king himself can sacrifice himself on the night of treason and get his future self killed but survive thru his younger self

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Don't tell me that his gonna die this will give me such nightmare and now that you mention this the king himself can sacrifice himself on the night of treason and get his future self killed but survive thru his younger self

Technically it could happen tho. He could afford also to get himself killed on the night of treason but not his younger self if his younger self dies his future self will vanish into thin air. So that is dengerous since the most important is his younger self. 

Their adult counterparts could both afford getting killed on the night of treason and I definitely think JY is gonna die 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3