[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Such a romantic scene couldn’t get over it couple of days after seeing that. Gosh :bawling:

Indeed. I Also loved the bambo forest and I just loved all their interactions there. Maybe I have fetish for bambo forests 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, Goong_admirer said:
7 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

LR?

I agree with ypu. JTE said when she was with SJ, "i have lee lim" which means she stole LL right? Because LL is still in custody as far as the show tells us.

That's my understanding. To save time she & Luna divided the task. Luna to get LR and herself to get the half flute from SJ.

That made sense. So time freezes at the exit of the travel. Now that really complicates the calculation LG has to do in the portal when he was on the way back.

Time to reach = time in the portal + time freezes outside + time to reach destination of the people he wants to meet + time to chat with everybody

@Goong_admirer Yes, the 4 months ++ that LG experienced coning back & forth from InBetweenPlace & ROK just to establish contact with TE was a MASSIVE undertaking.  Shows LG's steely determination and his immense capacity for sacrifice & deep love for TE.

Now the danger is imminent for JTE/SJ on the other side. LL can escape or worse kill them if LG and JY enters first because obviously now it's already the 29th crosses (I lost count) which means it's long enough to kill? 

@Goong_admirer Since they will be travelling with LR, the expectation is they won't experience the time freeze.  LR will be handcuffed. So TE/SJ won't be in much danger. PLUS, LG has an arrangement with SJ so he will be waiting when they exit.  Which further supports the notion that SJ will go with TE back to KOC.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Haha I love this!!! Its like this go around JTE/JET saves both LG/KS and JY/WY's butts. She is like "bros you may have saved me in the previous life, but in this life Im going to be one fierce lady and be the only one doing all the saving" haha! Also if you guys think about, JTE will go back earlier before LG/JY does because in a previous episode LR's piece shows that it took him 1 hr the night of treason. While with LG's piece it took back only a few minutes beforehand lol. So regardless of what changes LG may make, JTE just overrides them! LG and JY better be thanking their Queen severely after this !!!  #femaleempowerment:love:

p.s technically everyone lost in the bet haha...JY, LG, JTE, and KHM all save baby LG at one moment or another l:joy:

p.s.s can we see a similar scene with LG and JY walking through the wormhole carrying grocery bags and ES in a scooter behind shining a spotlight and running in between them?? :love:

3 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

My version of the 4 tiger sword is the scooby gang - LG, TE, JY & ES.  I also liken them to major chess pieces - King, Queen, Knight & Bishop. If anyone asks, OkNam is the Rook. :)

@mychoiyoung haha yea the Scooby gang indeed with ES being Scooby hahah!!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

@syntyche regarding your review for ep. 15.

thanks! It brought clarity over some of the things I’m confused with. I follow along just fine until the Ji Hun mom poisoned herself to the interrogation scene. I was about confuse as to where things take place. So I appreciate your review  :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:
6 hours ago, Goong_admirer said:
6 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

LR?

I agree with ypu. JTE said when she was with SJ, "i have lee lim" which means she stole LL right? Because LL is still in custody as far as the show tells us.

That's my understanding. To save time she & Luna divided the task. Luna to get LR and herself to get the half flute from SJ.

That is also my exact understanding! 

She asked Luna to steal something. What could it possible be? The only thing stolen in this episode was a person and that person is LR. With that, I arrive at the conclusion that Luna stole LR. 

6 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

p.s technically everyone lost in the bet haha...JY, LG, JTE, and KHM all save baby LG at one moment or another l:joy:

I will be more than thrilled to see all four of them participate in changing the future! Never would have predicted it and I’m loving the idea! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

OMG this gives me such nostalgic feels just by remembering while reading this. For me I am split between Orbit and Gravity I don't know which one to chose while I have Dream and please don't cry 2nd and 3rd

I am not sure if they will release new OST but they seem to be have doing that for each episode so won't be surprised if they release part 16. CD should be out when TKEM is available on DVD hopefully it comes with full Album and BTS uncut:joy:

These nostalgic moments are my fuel and gasoline here and live for these type of scenes in any romantic settings and specifically when it's such an epic romantic drama like this where both couple can lose each other that longing and thirst between them 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, Heilo said:

These nostalgic moments are my fuel and gasoline here and live for these type of scenes in any romantic settings and specifically when it's such an epic romantic drama like this where both couple can lose each other that longing and thirst between them 

As someone whos a firm believer in the land of romance and all things romantic stuffs. I have watched bunch of romantic movies. Some of the romantic scenes were really out of this world with LGXJTE. I live in the land of romance and I am a firm resident with a romantic passport and in that land LMH is the king in the land of everything romance  

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

11 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I will be more than thrilled to see all four of them participate in changing the future! Never would have predicted it and I’m loving the idea! 

@Heretorant Me too!!! Also I feel in a lot of ways KES is giving us the viewers the ending we wanted in Goblin, but didnt get lol. So I am hoping thats what it will turn out to be !!! All I want at this point is a triple wedding with LG/JTE, Nari/ES, and JY/SA and babies babies babies...LIKE A WHOLE LITTER OF PUPPIES!!!!:kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

Luna, SJ, JY and JTE - what is there left to resolve for them? (character analysis/speculation)

Luna's ultimate fate. Is there a story/plot reason behind what happened to her parents and why she grew up without a real identity? It could simply be the case that she was left/abandoned by her parents or that her parents died when she was very young. If LG resets the world, she will most probably simply live out her lonely life in the Kingdom, dying of cancer (which is pretty depressing). If JTE/JY/SJ manages to save LG and if then LG manages to save the two worlds in a different way and there truly is a happy ending I would assume that JTE will help her somehow.

SJ may very well have already reached the end of his character arc. He has confronted his past and his nightmares, choosing not to forgive his biological mother who abandoned him. Good for him honestly, I feel very bad for her that she felt so desperate that she would consider dying but I do feel it is right for SJ not to forgive her. She has after all been aiding a tyrannical murderer. SJ also seems to have made peace with his adoptive mother. I'm guessing the new clothes she was wearing was thanks to the money given by LJH's mum and that it had nothing to do with her gambling problem? (Does SJ believe that she is gambling again though?). I don't see him reconciling with his adoptive dad. SJ has also through his love for JTE stayed on the good side during this drama, choosing consistently to be a good person and has even admitted these feelings for her. If LG resets time he will however be in danger because of his biological mum. A fact that neither LG and no one else knows however. Will this fact and his love for JTE, who has been the most important person in his life, cause him to sacrifice himself? I could see this happening, especially since we know that he is an amazing shot. So it could be argued that he has the skills necessary to kill LL while also saving young LG.

However I'm not sure if he will get to play such a big role in the end. It feels to me more likely that his character arc is already over or that if he sacrifices himself other things will still happen and the outcome will be more complicated than that. 

JY decided at age four that he would make sure that the young new King would be happy. We see him trying to ensure this already in episode 1 when he tries to give young LG food. And of course then we see them bond and watch him becoming LG's unbreakable sword. As a bodyguard he is prepared to sacrifice his life to protect LG. He is ready to risk sacrificing himself to get LL to the gate so that LG can save the two worlds in episode 15. In the end of that episode he is still ready to risk his life to make sure that LG can save the world by going with him. LG might be ready to sacrifice himself, but JY will probably not let that happen if he can sacrifice himself instead. He has also promised ES to see him again. This promise can however be an empty one, which both ES and JY probably in that case know, and what they were actually saying was goodbye. Of course perhaps JY will simply believe it to be LG and his destiny to die to save the world so he might let LG's plan, whatever it becomes, play out. However I feel like there is a heroic act waiting for JY in episode 16. It would be pretty fitting for his character arc if he manages to save young LG. His life could perhaps in some ways be rewritten if LL is killed permanently at the night of treason, since the events of the drama won't play exactly the same. However as we saw with LG's and JTE's first meeting and relationship it won't necessarily mean that he will change significantly.  

JTE is bringing LL to the gate. Will he do something? I'm trusting and hoping that JTE knows what's she's doing. Will she be the one to save young LG in the end, and becoming a "new" person who drops the ID-badge? Ensuring by doing that LG will find his way to her. It would be rather fitting in a way. 

Since JTE and LG are the main characters of this drama I wonder how they will act in reaction to SJ's and/or JY's actions... Will LG after all is said and done still find a way to save everyone? Will JTE and he first live out a full life in the past (the 1940s photos come to mind). Where they get to do all the things they, as JTE described it, have skipped? After which LG will sacrifice himself for the sake of the two worlds? That is pretty depressing so I'm hoping that won't happen. I need a truly happy ending after all these tears. FaithGirl/FluteGirl I'm looking at you! <_<

Also did I hallucinate or was there at some point before episode 15 spoiler photos...

Spoiler

...of newspapers where there was a different royal family??? Is this what LL will do in episode 16?

• Like 7
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I just don't see this being logistically possible but i would definitely love to see it unfold. My only issue is how willl JTE and SJ enter the inbetween? 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

That's my understanding. To save time she & Luna divided the task. Luna to get LR and herself to get the half flute from SJ

Getting out Lee Lim is gonna be major risk these two girls are taking imagine if he breaks loose and enters the inbetween himself so that he can travel back again to 94 and ruin everything that has been set in motion by JY and LG. It could quickly go south releasing Lee Lim and taking him with them to cross the inbetween and on the other hand they don't know how it works so they will have to bring him along inside the inbetween. I don't like the idea one bit kinda scary 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I just don't see this being logistically possible but i would definitely love to see it unfold. My only issue is how willl JTE and SJ enter the inbetween? 

They take LR with them :D

17 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

As someone whos a firm believer in the land of romance and all things romantic stuffs. I have watched bunch of romantic movies. Some of the romantic scenes were really out of this world with LGXJTE. I live in the land of romance and I am a firm resident with a romantic passport and in that land LMH is the king in the land of everything romance 

I reside there too. I live for the romance! I love the mystery all the time traveling and math shiz but at the end of the day, I care most about the romance. My real concern is not how LG will fix the future but how LG and JTE will end up happily. That’s where I stand: with the OTP :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, nikir said:

In Ep 15 during the time freeze of LG n LR  confrontation..are SJ n JY frozen ? They came with LG to ROK..so the persons traveling with either LG/LR are not frozen when they travel?  If thats the case then JTE should also have noticed that time freezes when she moves from one world to another? JTE isn't aware of the time  freeze till LG tells her..

My interpretation is yes, those who travel with the flute holder do not experience time freeze. ON the times that TE crossed the portal with LG, they spent time in the InBetweenPlace which may have "eaten" up the time stops.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

19 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Yes yes. Preach! One of the things I noticed is that the romance was build up very subtle and then it exploded which made it more epic and then they got psychical it was not politcally correct romance more like lets get inconsiderate and get down quick. It was like sort of take me right now and cut to the chase but I agree the whole tale was epic and my fuel 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

7 hours ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Okay so I have a question hehe. The police interrogation scene we got in episode 15, that's supposed to be the continuation for the episode 1 interrogation scene right? But why are they in RoK? Weren't they supposed to be in KoC for that interrogation (as shown by the KoC police logo in the form that TE was holding in episode 1)? Or do KoC and RoK police have the same logo? Or were events somehow altered?

I have always thought they were in ROK because - 

1. the room looked like the interrogation room in Korea
  2. SJ & TE have no capacity & personalities to conduct an investigation in KOC
  3. LR does not have documentation in ROK so course the paper they were holding would bear the KOC logo. 

How did they get a hold of LR's paper? Remember that SJ already came from KOC so even if not shown we can safely assume that LG gave his papers to SJ as part of their plan to detain LR in ROK for 48 hours.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

Haha I love this!!! Its like this go around JTE/JET saves both LG/KS and JY/WY's butts. She is like "bros you may have saved me in the previous life, but in this life Im going to be one fierce lady and be the only one doing all the saving" haha! Also if you guys think about, JTE will go back earlier before LG/JY does because in a previous episode LR's piece shows that it took him 1 hr the night of treason. While with LG's piece it took back only a few minutes beforehand lol. So regardless of what changes LG may make, JTE just overrides them! LG and JY better be thanking their Queen severely after this !!!  #femaleempowerment:love:p.s technically everyone lost in the bet haha...JY, LG, JTE, and KHM all save baby LG at one moment or another l:joy:

p.s.s can we see a similar scene with LG and JY walking through the wormhole carrying grocery bags and ES in a scooter behind shining a spotlight and running in between them?? :love:

@mychoiyoung haha yea the Scooby gang indeed with ES being Scooby hahah!!!!

When LG and JY visits ROK for groceries and food since LG seem to love all the food there and compare them to palace food. :lol:

Just a casual normal day for the king to travel across the wormhole to grab some food for the pregnant queen going through cravings. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

5 hours ago, ms_inquiry said:

On a lighter note. JY's super-offended face when SJ asks LG to die for him is hilarious :D He looks at SJ like he has betrayed him. 

His a fanatical follower and believes in the King's cause his the right man for the job as the captain of the royal guard 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2