[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

3 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:
7 hours ago, nikir said:

In Ep 15 during the time freeze of LG n LR  confrontation..are SJ n JY frozen ? They came with LG to ROK..so the persons traveling with either LG/LR are not frozen when they travel?  If thats the case then JTE should also have noticed that time freezes when she moves from one world to another? JTE isn't aware of the time  freeze till LG tells her..

My interpretation is yes, those who travel with the flute holder do not experience time freeze. ON the times that TE crossed the portal with LG, they spent time in the InBetweenPlace which may have "eaten" up the time stops.

Well, how about that was the third time time ever froze so the time was pretty short for her to even notice? We didn’t see JTE freezing when he swooped her of her feet and took her to his world riding on a horse. We know that time freezes when someone enters and exits the world. For example, time freezes in Corea when LG exits Corea but does not necessarily freeze in Korea until LG enters. Can we agree on that? So it means being in the world in between does not necessarily delay the time freeze. But it still makes sense that the people traveling with the flute holder does not experience the time stop as JTE and SJ seems to have not experienced it. JTE’s time freeze was prime number 5, and the formula is prime number squared. 5^2 is 25 seconds. That’s very short! So yes, there was time freeze but it was too short to have noticed. 25 seconds went by and then JY and his bodyguards rushed to them so JTE did not notice the time freeze. 

Ugh, how I wish they’d shown us instead of leaving us to make this connection to fill in loopholes. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Orientalfan said:

During the interragotion im epi 1...SJ and JTE asked LR did you kill your brother?..and in epi 15...the question by JTE was where is the Mampasijeok? Its at different time loop isn't it?

No. It was not a time loop.  Check out the clothes that SJ & TE were wearing in epi 1.  Then check the clothes that they were wearing in epi 15.  What you should be checking is the one where SJ & TE were together

nCWNmoB.png

This scene was before the cremation of doppelganger ofLG's mom.

When TE questioned him LR about the flute, SJ was not there. It was just a later time on that day or the next day.  

• Like 7

When JTE and LG said goodbye, JTE mentioned the 10, 11, 12th rules , mentioning the things that future LG said when he brought her the flowers. Open the doors to all universe, will return to her but she never told him that he came from the future and with the flowers disappearing, seems like he never will. He promised her he would return but then he was prepared to let baby LG die so was he not lying to her for the first time??? He never lied to her except when teasing her or trolling her but not on serious stuff.

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, CallieP said:

When JTE and LG said goodbye, JTE mentioned the 10, 11, 12th rules , mentioning the things that future LG said when he brought her the flowers. Open the doors to all universe, will return to her but she never told him that he came from the future and with the flowers disappearing, seems like he never will. He promised her he would return but then he was prepared to let baby LG die so was he not lying to her for the first time??? He never lied to her except when teasing her or trolling her but not on serious stuff.

It was the moment I was talking about was that LG from the future or the present one?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, scrawford said:

(Who’s here has grown thumb fetish after noticing that they rubbed each other’s thumb and that action appeared unscripted and done very subconsciously :D. )

OhMyGah! I saw that and had to rewind and asked myself - that could not have come from the director?! This OTP will be the death of me haha

It breaks my my heart when JTE said “let’s forget about saving the world, let’s just go back and forth and live in the present”. That is so out of character for her, because she is written as someone who would fight for justice as would rather save the world than romance. But she was at her desperate point, and it’s really breaking my heart. Both LMH and KGE delivered this scene so well, LMH looked like someone who is Physically drained and tired, on top of that as someone who knew, the time is up. 

This scene is becoming one of my favorite scene. 

While this love stories had some backlash, I actually really love it and I love our OTP.

@scrawford I was actually taken aback when I saw that onscreen. You are right that that sounded like our TE.  But yes, it shows her desperation and LG is indeed drained.  After going through that unimaginable ordeal of 4-months++ inside the InBetweenPlace, manually counting the time, passing time all alone & to face their grim future, how much could a person take? Yet LG was there to assure her that he would find a way to come back for her.

Again, their quiet moments are the greatest.  

ps: My Imja couple (Faith) may have been toppled by this OTP...

• Like 4
  • Love 9

I was rewatching the ep. 15 again and I started to think how incredible it would be if in ep. 16, when JTE goes back in time to the night of the coup attempt this time she really is the person who saves little LG and leaves the badge on purpose for him to remember her, rewriting their story with a similar beginning.

For me that would be the perfect end (and new beginning) for LG and JTE. 

Of course after that I want to see the reunion in the present, the wedding (with BBQ chicken catering if it happens in RoC), the birth of the first child.... :wub:

I hope that the return to the past will not take too long, that they solve this at the beginning of the episode to have enough time for many sweet scenes of our favorite couple!

• Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, SweetButters said:

p.s.s can we see a similar scene with LG and JY walking through the wormhole carrying grocery bags and ES in a scooter behind shining a spotlight and running in between them??

Hahhahahaha I want that as Well EPIC .....:lol:

They Most Probably will Carry Kimchi Chicken and Soju and PALACE LIKE COFFE not Green veggies for The Soup like Goblin and GR though!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

27 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

Calling the experts @Heretorant @Elnin Joery

It's just a minor scene in episode 10 where a different Lee Gon appears for JTE and disappears again and he had a flower is that a Lee Gon from the future or the present Lee Gon?

That Lee Gon was from the future hence why he said I come from a far place and even she noticed that and mentioned it on the later episode 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, realistic2280a said:
6 hours ago, gwin said:

They did the Camino walk! I could tell because I did the same thing 3 years ago and I recognize some of the places he showed on his IG account.

Which makes me wonder... is he Catholic?

Apparently they are! LMH and Ill Woo being Catholics i mean. I just goggle their profile:D.

Am not sure LMH is Catholic. His parents are Buddhists if I remember correctly

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Heilo said:

Yes yes. Preach! One of the things I noticed is that the romance was build up very subtle and then it exploded which made it more epic and then they got psychical it was not politcally correct romance more like lets get inconsiderate and get down quick. It was like sort of take me right now and cut to the chase but I agree the whole tale was epic and my fuel 

I am A preacher in everything involving with romance. You can call on me if you need some serious preaching 

200.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 8