21 minutes ago, Time loop said:

He was blodied and mess. I think he will officially die or atleast his present one but his younger self will be alive and since the time is altered he can get to life a new life since time is altered he can afford to get himself killed in his future-present self 

Don't tell me that his gonna die this will give me such nightmare and now that you mention this the king himself can sacrifice himself on the night of treason and get his future self killed but survive thru his younger self

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Don't tell me that his gonna die this will give me such nightmare and now that you mention this the king himself can sacrifice himself on the night of treason and get his future self killed but survive thru his younger self

Technically it could happen tho. He could afford also to get himself killed on the night of treason but not his younger self if his younger self dies his future self will vanish into thin air. So that is dengerous since the most important is his younger self. 

Their adult counterparts could both afford getting killed on the night of treason and I definitely think JY is gonna die 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
5 minutes ago, Time loop said:

Technically it could happen tho. He could afford also to get himself killed on the night of treason but not his younger self if his younger self dies his future self will vanish into thin air. So that is dengerous since the most important is his younger self. 

Their adult counterparts could both afford getting killed on the night of treason and I definitely think JY is gonna die 

Don't mention that word that the king future self could die That would send me into a rollarcoaster of emotions :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
4 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

It's winter time on this forum actually, for me.

I can't take the risk to read, to many spoiler about ep16 preview.

I never watch previews.

Previews are good sometimes and they tend to not include much spoiler it's like a teaser 

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I think this is the first week that I do NOT want a new episode.  Of course I want to see the bbs, but not for the last time.  I’m going to miss all of you guys here as well - I’m sure we’ll all be around in some capacity but it won’t be this way.

Are we allowed to drop our Instagrams/Twitters/Tumblr handles here?  It’s not considered self promotion, is it? 

Me when I think of episode 16 being the last: 

The-King-Eternal-Monarch-Tae-Eul-2.gif

We all deserve this hug:

hXIszw.gif

There are no rules that says you cannot drop your handles, go for it :) 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ms_inquiry said:

Love this idea

At the end of episode 10 when LG is kissing JTE, seemingly saying goodbye, and Dream starts playing... 

Such a romantic scene couldn’t get over it couple of days after seeing that. Gosh :bawling:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:
1 hour ago, ms_inquiry said:

Love this idea

At the end of episode 10 when LG is kissing JTE, seemingly saying goodbye, and Dream starts playing... 

Such a romantic scene couldn’t get over it couple of days after seeing that. Gosh :bawling:

My favorite OST would have to be “Dream.” I can listen to it all day long and not get tired of it. And episode 10’s ending has got to be one of my favorite scenes up to date. 

But close after are “Maze” and the new OST “Your my end and my beginning.” I also like “Please don’t cry” and “My love.” 

• Like 8
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Ummm this actually could happen

Legends of Tomorrow season 2 - the team lost 3 members in their timeline so they traveled to the hour before the turning point that caused them to lose.  Each present timeline member ended up being killed, except the leader.  When the past version of Sara Lance fixed the world and saved it, the present version of Sara faded out of existence.  The past version of the team continued and that’s who we see in the rest of the show. 

Honestly it would be a cop out if it happened to LG/JTE.  KES was so careful in 15 that despite dueling timelines, both of them remembered their original history, and the altered one. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3
17 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

My favorite OST would have to be “Dream.” I can listen to it all day long and not get tired of it. And episode 10’s ending has got to be one of my favorite scenes up to date. 

But close after are “Maze” and the new OST “Your my end and my beginning.” I also like “Please don’t cry” and “My love.” 

Gravity hit me in the right spots to be honest especially when he lifted her up to his horse and crossed the inbetween from her world to his world.. I was like OMG! probably the best scene i have ever seen of all times tNvC16j.png

• Like 4
  • Love 7

In my opinion, this is the time travel style we have in TKEM:

The open past, open future rule

With an open past rule, a time traveler who goes back in time can change events, and

these changes may or may not have an effect on the future. If the time traveler were to

go into an open future, they would also be able to change anything they wanted. Again,

these changes may have a permanent effect on the distant future or not. They would

have to travel there before they had made any changes and then again afterwards to see

if they had made a difference or not. Making changes to the past that cause the timeline

to diverge away from the original could create temporal paradoxes.

A ‘double well timeline’, where the original timeline is replaced by a new

one containing altered events. It starts to diverge away from the original

one, but then converges back towards it. However, a change at just the

right time and place can cause the timeline to permanently diverge off

causing a very different future.

Double well timeline explained

In mechanics a ‘double well’ model can be used to demonstrate the potential and kinetic

energy of a ball. One of the wells contains a ball, which can be set into simple harmonic

motion as shown in the figure.

5291b4c97d46186ec467fcb341e43efc8b512af6.png

The ball will not move into the adjacent well unless it is given sufficient energy to

change its velocity at just the right time and place. If the system is damped, the

ball will eventually come to rest at the bottom of one of the wells.

The ‘double well timeline’, is also a replacement timeline as it combines elements

of both the diverging and converging timelines, but unlike them, it can accommodate

causal loops.

It is similar to the double well model in mechanics in that it will converge back to the

original timeline (stay in the same well) unless a significant enough change is made at

just the right time and place. This causes the timeline to diverge off to a different future

(an adjacent well).

An example of a double well timeline is when a time traveler arrives in the past and

notices that their presence has caused the timeline to diverge away from the original

timeline. However, after a while, they realize that the timeline is converging back

towards the original future. Maybe they even spot that the very things they are doing to

try and change the timeline are causing events to happen in just the way that history told

it. In other words, they are experiencing causal loops. The more they try to change the

future, the more the timeline converges towards the same future as before. This process

continues until they make a significant enough change at just the right time and place,

which changes everything and permanently causes the timeline to diverge away from

the original. So a double well timeline is one where a change at the right time and in the

right place can cause the timeline to permanently diverge off to a very different future.

The important thing to note is that not every change will cause a different outcome, only

a change at the right time and place will be sufficient, and it does not necessarily need

to be a large change.

source

• Insightful 6
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Gravity and please don't cry followed by Dream and orbit

• Like 3
1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

It would be actually strangely poetic if Luna and JTE ended up being the final switch.  

LL spent so much time swapping people in and out, only for them all to fail and hurt him and themselves.  However, two people switching for love - JTE and her love for LG, Luna and the love that she can develop for JTE’s family, could help balance the world.

Or we can chop Luna’s head, I’m not particularly invested in her happy ending.  

That would be somewhat of chaos but could have a good ending for LG as he will run into his babymama but I don't know as I geninuely don't see it happening now 

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Ummm this actually could happen

Legends of Tomorrow season 2 - the team lost 3 members in their timeline so they traveled to the hour before the turning point that caused them to lose.  Each present timeline member ended up being killed, except the leader.  When the past version of Sara Lance fixed the world and saved it, the present version of Sara faded out of existence.  The past version of the team continued and that’s who we see in the rest of the show. 

Honestly it would be a cop out if it happened to LG/JTE.  KES was so careful in 15 that despite dueling timelines, both of them remembered their original history, and the altered one. 

I don't think they did entirely remembered the old timeline but instead the new altered version which was somewhat similar. KES is being very careful imo she should have just dived into it 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Goong_admirer said:
7 hours ago, gwin said:

If LG did not visit JTE at when she was 5 years old or 27 years old, then it means their meeting at Gwanghwamun Square would play out exactly the same as what we saw in the first episode.

So now it's a question of:  It is really worth it for storytelling purposes to have him alter that timeline?  To me, it isn't. Especially if the only effect is that they spent more time together (and all the other major events still happened).   But because he did that, we are now left with a sort-of-absurd situation where everyone around them has two sets of memories (it can't be just LG and JTE affected by this).

To me altercation of this timeline deepens their love for each other. If we are looking from JTE pov, it's just few days after Gon is poisoned, he came back right? To explain her decision to probably die for Gon, her love for him must be greater than her love for herself at this point. To arrive at this conclusion, she must experience how rigorous Gon has to work to come back to her and also by this altercation, they are closer than the 13th episode that we have seen before.

I must be crazy about them, hahahaa to defend the writer this much.

And we will probably not arrive at this point

epmJkvE.png

Note that this decision & action of TE may prove to be pivotal in arriving at the beautiful solution.

• Like 5
  • Love 8
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주