[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

@Jaja Okay ever since JTE bought him that black jacket that looks exactly like something Heo Joon Jae would wear while scamming people, I’m convinced she’s a Lobster stan. 

She wanted some of that final Lobster bed scene for herself.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 10

11 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Could be interesting to explore as side story on a potential season 2. They could dedicate 1 episode or perhaps 2 episodes

Season 2.. They could do so much with it and the potential is infinite and endless. The sky is the limit. As for me personally can't wait to get that confirmation

• Like 7
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, imels said:

Does anyone post here about JTE voice over said about she has already made the answer about her hesitation toward her relationship with LG. 

i forget in what episodes that scene was. Imo she has had the answer that she would leave ROK and accepted her destiny as the Queen of KOC. Is it?

About all the theories of the timeline, all are possible. But, those just make me headache. Can we just watched the rest of the episodes while eating some popcorn? Just prepare a box of tissue or beach towel from crying too much when seeing JTE almost dying, or when LG is running through frozen time to reach his beloved maybe injured TE.

I was rewatching episode 11 earlier.

She didn't say she will leave ROK but mentioned something about that was the day she made up her mind about a lot of things while inside her car after thinking about the kiss that left us all crying in episode 10.

I wish to watch the rest of the episodes feeling giddy with their hugs and kisses instead of crying and wasting my precious tissues papers.

Sigh.. 3 more episodes...

If only we can get an extension!!!

• Like 9
  • Love 4

We also have to remember too, that by the time they are back in 1994, somebody has the entire flute so they can blow it.  BB LG heard the flute that night, but nobody blew the 1994 version since LR and Papa King were in the artifact room with it.  I don’t think either version of LR  would blow the flute, so LG must have it?

I also think it’s interesting that SJ is the card LR played incorrectly, and JTE is the one he didn’t expect.  If JTE is gone, could SJ take over as both?  LR obviously knows now that LG is the savior and goes back in time to stop him, but maybe he’s not expecting SJ or JY there too?

I’m really hoping that JY had an actual purpose for leaving the hotel room, although I don’t find it suspect that Luna found it so easily.  Remember, she had JTE’s phone for days.  If the location wasn’t in her texts to SJ/JY/LG, then she can just track locations.  With what she knows, it’s pretty obvious that the illegal immigrants are staying at the hotel.  Yeong though - the guy is probably the most careful in all of KOC when it comes to LG.  Him accidentally being poisoned to save the king makes sense, not accidentally allowing the king to be poisoned.  I feel like we might get some flashbacks or clarification for Yeong in 14.

UGH we really needed 14 this weekend!

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

8 hours ago, Amy323 said:

I saw this on Instagram a while ago so here it goes ...Maybe when the time stops, the present LG goes to the past and he saves himself, kills LR this time and goes to the child JTE so that she remembers him (maybe that is why she hugs him first when LG come to ROK for the first time). If LR is defeated in the past then Lee Ji Hun would never have died.... hence he exists but doesn't know who JTE is in ROK. And also SJ would have never been exchanged. What if the the butterfly effect creates a new timeline all over again?

First time I have seen anyone mention the butterfly effect it would make things interesting but I don't think there will be and obviously things would differ from the ordinary course and slightly different and it's own way not everything will be to a dot and also peoples decisions will differ from different timelines

• Like 9

Can't believe I'm defending JY but I think it is pure coincidence that he has to leave to get more soju and Luna came by.

I believe if JY is around, Luna would have poisoned JY too as she was also asking for JY.

Luna has JTE's phone. So she could have traced or get information via her phone easily.

Again.. this is whereby I'm upset.

Why can't JTE just tell LG and JY that Luna is in ROK and she has her phone????

Girl...... you dig your own grave!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5235941

Edit to say:

I really love the scene whereby LG is officially introduced as boyfriend to Papa JTE. It's so sweet and heartwarming and someone actually explained the meaning of "wrapping stuff" here and it made it even more endearing. :love:

So here's a little funny I found on IG and thought I'll share as I bid you all goodnight! 

I always love Goblin! Hehehe

• Like 1
  • LOL 21
  • Love 2

Good morning here!

Just to let you know that we are finally #9 in Netflix's top in Mexico!! :scream:. Minoz Mexico made an intense campaign for multiple reproductions and we did it! 

We are so happy! We will continue with the reproductions and hopefully we will get a higher spot!

83265508-259640555473067-424731202251076

Let's keep watching The King!!

Gaby

• Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 4

41 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

ES got the car from the King.

Nari owns the building.

ES, baby, good job...:D

For now ES gets the car. Later The King intends to give him the car dealership. So ES & Nari's future is looking real good ;)

• Like 10
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, gabylee said:

Good morning here!

Just to let you know that we are finally #9 in Netflix's top in Mexico!! :scream:. Minoz Mexico made an intense campaign for multiple reproductions and we did it! 

We are so happy! We will continue with the reproductions and hopefully we will get a higher spot!

Let's keep watching The King!!

Gaby

You guys did fantastic job I remember it premiered on 7th spot if I recall correct in Mexico on it's opening day 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Poppy517 said:

The King Eternal Monarch 

Current Netflix Rankings

TOP 10

Today #9

This Month #10

This Year #16

Congrats to the whole TKEM team!

Thanks alot for sharing. I will make a full extensive one later today as I am busy currently 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 3

11 hours ago, Wanderer062287 said:
  Hide contents

Hide contents

The way the King of the Kingdom of Corea bowed down to the father of the woman he loves - such a great scene :tears:

He also shared his name without hesitation! :rolleyes:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

26 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Can't believe I'm defending JY but I think it is pure coincidence that he has to leave to get more soju and Luna came by.

I believe if JY is around, Luna would have poisoned JY too as she was also asking for JY.

Luna has JTE's phone. So she could have traced or get information via her phone easily.

Again.. this is whereby I'm upset.

Why can't JTE just tell LG and JY that Luna is in ROK and she has her phone????

Girl...... you dig your own grave!!!

Wait I agree JTE should have reminded him about Luna BUT doesn't LG have that knowledge? I mean that day before the fight scene he was looking for Luna in hopes of finding her in KOC before Lee lim could swap them. Then he realised JTE is in KOC. I thought it is given that he put two and two together and knew that Lee lim already went ahead and swapped Luna and JTE. I assumed that he knew about Luna being in ROC.

One thing I agree all of them should have some sort of conference to update each other :joy:

Members: LG, JTE, Sin Jae, Jo yeong ( I am not including eun sup because I guess he is not involved in ROC) 

1. JTE tells them her conversation with Luna and PHONE

2. Tells them about that doubtful care centre

3. Jo yeong should come clean regarding sin jae's mother and Lee ji hyun's mother in front of remaining 3 . Yes even sin jae should be there because to be honest them thinking about each other's feelings and keeping secrets is just going to make everything worse and more painful.

4. LG should tell sin jae regarding his mom in KOC ( this I am not sure where sin jae should know )

5. Come up with an action plan : to find more about care centre, why and how sin jae was specifically chosen and Lee ji hyun's mom beng kept alive.

If we watch the episode it was only sin jae who shared info with jo yeong: he said to look up details regarding his dopplegangler. But what jo yeong wanted to talk was regarding his feelings for JTE. I mean really? Why now? Most importantly why are YOU ( who is on LG's side) trying to put salt on his wound and provoke him? I would consider that as backstabbing but giving JY benefit of doubt was he testing sin jae to see if he would act against LG in the future if LL/ circumstances provoke him based on his feelings for JTE?  If nothing else he could have asked sin jae to set up unofficial meeting with his mom and find out more about his parents since LG already told him that he must have been swapped because of his parents.

Also why didn't he just buy beer when he was coming back to room? Lol

Edit:

1. @mychoiyoung Oh Yessss it makes sense .... wow we never considered it before this when literally in last episode JTE- LG had this conversation about time freeze and waste of security near his other portal. But the time freeze was less than 1 hr right? So he must have quickly reached prince Buyeong's residence and killed all the royal guards , went inside and sat down waiting for prince Buyeong to come out :tears:

2. In last episode they used the portal 2 times right? One when eun sup- JTE- LG crossed and one when Lee lim crossed to KOC.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

allow me to excuse myself but has anyone mentioned/discussed about the conversation about not-10th-but-9th out of 17 things between Tae Eul and Lee Gon? 

I don't think either of them mistaken/lost on counting, rather than that, can it be Tae Eul said 9th thing to another Lee Gon? (and unlike when he gave her flowers, she was not aware of it also?) 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 3

Just now, OR Ng said:

allow me to excuse myself but has anyone mentioned/discussed about the conversation about not-10th-but-9th out of 17 things between Tae Eul and Lee Gon? 

I don't think either of them mistaken/lost on counting, rather than that, can it be Tae Eul said 9th thing to another Lee Gon? (and unlike when he gave her flowers, she was not aware of it also?) 

I think she told him number 9 during the jacket of doom scene, which is why present day LG got confused.  She’s not the type to make that sort of error, and I don’t see it as a throwaway joke.  I bet you we will get to see number 9 when we get the scene again from LG’s POV this time.

• Like 12
  • Insightful 5