[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

6 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Chingu, I’m as lost as you. 

Can we settle it once and for all?

THE ONE WHO MADE OUT WITH LEE GON IS, WITHOUT A DOUBT, JTE! 

No one can ruin that kiss for me. Not today! Not ever! 

:lol:

@scrawford If anything, I think the search for booze just proves that it's her instead of Luna hahaha

Luna went straight for the $$$$$$$

JTE went to find the cheap booze

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Chingu, I’m as lost as you. 

Can we settle it once and for all?

THE ONE WHO MADE OUT WITH LEE GON IS, WITHOUT A DOUBT, JTE! 

No one can ruin that kiss for me. Not today! Not ever! 

:lol:

Ok.... phewwww.... but I don’t personally notice something off with her tho, so maybe I missed it. 

• LOL 4

@mychoiyoung @bebebisous33 but LG didn't kill his double, and didn't even know that he was dead, but already had scars. It is clear that the doubles were killed, but why are the scars on those who weren't involved in their murder? Although I willn't argue that PM didn’t kill her double her own hands ))

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

My take is that LG was again reminded that the frozen time is taking longer and longer. Which means closer and closer to the future problem of the 2 worlds stopping forever. And at that time, he has not found a solution.  Later in the episode, we are again shown LG's computation on his blackboard and in it he marked 4,489.  Assuming he marked that for the next instance that time will freeze and that happened during the photo-taking, imagine time actually stopped for 1.2 hours for him.

But LR was not crossing the portal. He is still in ROK the whole time.  Why did the time stop?  I think LG realizes that it stopped for a different reason, because he tried to take a photo of the two of them? (Not allowed)? I am not sure what he realized.

He already knows time will stop longer, he told JTE and vows to find a way to solve the problem and open the door to all universes. He told her. They both realize it.  When time stops, both universes will come to an end. No one will survive. He won't miss her or she won't miss him because everyone ceases to exist so I don't think that is why he cried. He cried when he lost his dad, his uncle and now he believes he will lose his love so he cries again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

First of all.. to all Muslim friends here..

Selamat Hari Raya Adilfitri. Maaf Zahir Dan Batin. :blush:

Finally settled down to watch episode 12 with subs on Netflix and finally caught up on the pages here. 

Sorry for the trolling earlier. 

It was such a good chance and I couldn't pass up on it!

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=7405478

I have mixed feeling about the scandalous scene that they claimed it to be.

It is too tame! Lol

That article build up my hope too high so you can say... I'm not that impressed. :joy:

Now, back to the rest of the story.

I like that it was explained on how LG was able to arrive on cue to save his Queen but I wish it also explained how did he know that he has to check the camera on that particular day after the shoot out at the bookstore?

The detective who got the truck of doom seem to be ok and provided Intel but again.. how did LG knows that he has to check it?

Did I miss something here?

Again, I'm still in awe with the epic rescue scene.

Although it's cut short but that declaration about his future Queen is still as powerful as yesterday's episode.

Those swords slashing away.

The gaze on LG's face, and how he walked towards JTE's direction with his royal guards and him eventually running to JTE to hold her before she collapse.. and then JTE saying she misses him... and the hug.. and then him carrying the fainted JTE on the street... 

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=5168593

That is the DOPE for me!

And now the whole of KOC knows about the declaration and the future Queen??

LG wearing his Navy uniform, washing rice for his Queen and preparing a meal for her again?

But then it's not all bed of roses for our couple. The thorns are worrying me.

JTE not wearing the necklace LG gave.

JTE saw the clothes that LG wore in episode 10.

And then him crying when time freeze while having their photo taken?

That shook my optimism for a while.

I really don't want to use my beloved tissues on this. :persevere:

And let's talk about others before I get all depressed.

Wow.. PM Koo in ROK.

I was in denial despite @bebebisous33 pointed out that is clearly the witch.

What I don't get is... why did she asked LG about the declaration?

I mean... she made the wrong move when LG clearly told her not to. And she expect LG to be scared and in turn be obedient to her? 

Spoiler

tenor.gif

And then her having the lightning scar?

(Can't deny.. when the screen panned to those with the same lightning scar?? It was chilling as well!)

It's another nail to her coffin and her bubble dreams.  Lol

I can't wait to hear more of the continued conversation in the study room now.

In the preview, we saw PM and LR together.

I wonder is it a flashback on how they meet or they planning something together for the future.

Can't say I'm not looking forward to it. Haha

Luna. What a girl.

Robbing LR openly and rubbing it in his face.

Lol

That twitch in his face.. OMG.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=4420474

He must have re-think and realised she is the wrong move he made and  hence he is starting to approach SJ? 

The preview for next week of Luna approaching SJ and then the conversation between Luna and JTE...

I can't wait to see it too!

Poor JY and ES.

Why them again?

I hope nothing happens to ES.

The preview is pretty worrying and when JY was talking to SJ about his friendship with LG in the voiceover?

His dedication to LG had me in tears.

Why is it so beautiful and yet so sad?

:cold_sweat:

And poor Ji Hun's mum.

I've got a suggestion for her.

Next time don't do it at home.

:phew:

Don't get me wrong.

I'm not a sadist. But if I know I'm gonna be used as bait to harm the one I love or I should love, I think I will not let the bad guys succeed.

But kudos to her for fighting LR and actually hurting him.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=12529938

And Lady Noh...

Can't say I'm surprised but I didn't expect that!

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=4233186

4 episodes left....

New developments. 

New dangers. 

More schemes.

Can they resolve it nicely for us by episode 16?

I'm willing to forgo logic on how they gonna resolve the parallel universe.

All I ask is for a happy ending for our LTE couple... 

Spoiler

tenor.gif

Will they hear us again?

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

That's why she reads so many poems that seem like they relate to LG and JTE's trajectory, but it's really about HER PAST?

I hope so.  I thought with the first poem that Lady Noh was thinking of her lost love.  She keeps reading more poems, and they are all sooo sad.  I was starting to be swayed that they were hinting a sad ending for LG and TE, but now I think I'll stick with my original feeling that there will be a happy ending.  The poems aren't new to Lady Noh.

Just for fun ... IU's song version of the poem in episode 12:

Spoiler

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

My take is that LG was again reminded that the frozen time is taking longer and longer. Which means closer and closer to the future problem of the 2 worlds stopping forever. And at that time, he has not found a solution.  Later in the episode, we are again shown LG's computation on his blackboard and in it he marked 4,489.  Assuming he marked that for the next instance that time will freeze and that happened during the photo-taking, imagine time actually stopped for 1.2 hours for him.

@CallieP PM Koo CROSSED OVER from ROK to KOC that is why Time again Stopped (Basic Rule, time stops when someone crosses over), but this time it did for 1.2 hours like @mychoiyoungmentioned.

10 minutes ago, plappi said:

@mychoiyoung @bebebisous33but LG didn't kill his double, and didn't even know that he was dead, but already had scars. It is clear that the doubles were killed, but why are the scars on those who weren't involved in their murder? Although I willn't argue that PM didn’t kill her double her own hands ))

Ji-Hoon was murdered , not natural death Hence LG gets the scar from what I understood likewise LR's right hand man from ROK was Murdered by LG's Royal Guards he was not killed by his KOC Doppleganger , so the live doppleganger (KOC ONE WHO now is in ROK with LR) is getting thE scar with thunder.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I just realized the scene with LR and ROK Mom, she was tasting all his food for him before he could eat.

Just poison the food and take yourself and him out.

Is she tasting the food for him?

I just thought she's eating hurriedly to build up her courage to smash his head! :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

16 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

@scrawford If anything, I think the search for booze just proves that it's her instead of Luna hahaha

Luna went straight for the $$$$$$$

JTE went to find the cheap booze

Exactly! I was like “girl.... chillax on the booze would ya” hehehehHeheheh

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

Can't believe am doing this with a drama, LOL. Anw, I have complied a list of the characters with doppelgangers. Am sure I missed some so please feel free to supply missing ones.  So far it is shaping up that the scar appears on people  who

1. Have crossed the portal
  2. Have a doppelganger  who was killed -- not just died of natural causes. For example SJ who crossed over, does not suffer the scar because his counterpart died of natural causes as a child.

This looks logical cos if one's doppelganger is taken away due to unnatural causes, then an imbalance is created. And the scar is the manifested "punishment" for it. As LG said when he was with TE in the bedroom, "... it is a side effect of crossing the road of thunder & lightning"

There are some entries still unknown - like PM's doppelganger cos we are not yet certain she had been killed. But if we follow the trend in this table (those in red font), it looks like she has been killed.

So I would be glad if others can provide some cases that would disprove the trend above.

ps: you guys realize am just creating a diversion from the tension created by that 3.5 min-bedroom scene - nya-ah-ah-ah!

SJ real mom and ROK mom never crossed over. They stayed in their own world. Only SJ was moved so they should not be counted.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:
Spoiler

First of all.. to all Muslim friends here..

Selamat Hari Raya Adilfitri. Maaf Zahir Dan Batin. :blush:

Finally settled down to watch episode 12 with subs on Netflix and finally caught up on the pages here. 

Sorry for the trolling earlier. 

It was such a good chance and I couldn't pass up on it!

Reveal hidden contents

I have mixed feeling about the scandalous scene that they claimed it to be.

It is too tame! Lol

That article build up my hope too high so you can say... I'm not that impressed. :joy:

Now, back to the rest of the story.

I like that it was explained on how LG was able to arrive on cue to save his Queen but I wish it also explained how did he know that he has to check the camera on that particular day after the shoot out at the bookstore?

The detective who got the truck of doom seem to be ok and provided Intel but again.. how did LG knows that he has to check it?

Did I miss something here?

Again, I'm still in awe with the epic rescue scene.

Although it's cut short but that declaration about his future Queen is still as powerful as yesterday's episode.

Those swords slashing away.

The gaze on LG's face, and how he walked towards JTE's direction with his royal guards and him eventually running to JTE to hold her before she collapse.. and then JTE saying she misses him... and the hug.. and then him carrying the fainted JTE on the street... 

Reveal hidden contents

That is the DOPE for me!

And now the whole of KOC knows about the declaration and the future Queen??

LG wearing his Navy uniform, washing rice for his Queen and preparing a meal for her again?

But then it's not all bed of roses for our couple. The thorns are worrying me.

JTE not wearing the necklace LG gave.

JTE saw the clothes that LG wore in episode 10.

And then him crying when time freeze while having their photo taken?

That shook my optimism for a while.

I really don't want to use my beloved tissues on this. :persevere:

And let's talk about others before I get all depressed.

Wow.. PM Koo in ROK.

I was in denial despite @bebebisous33 pointed out that is clearly the witch.

What I don't get is... why did she asked LG about the declaration?

I mean... she made the wrong move when LG clearly told her not to. And she expect LG to be scared and in turn be obedient to her? 

Reveal hidden contents

And then her having the lightning scar?

(Can't deny.. when the screen panned to those with the same lightning scar?? It was chilling as well!)

It's another nail to her coffin and her bubble dreams.  Lol

I can't wait to hear more of the continued conversation in the study room now.

In the preview, we saw PM and LR together.

I wonder is it a flashback on how they meet or they planning something together for the future.

Can't say I'm not looking forward to it. Haha

Luna. What a girl.

Robbing LR openly and rubbing it in his face.

Lol

That twitch in his face.. OMG.

Reveal hidden contents

He must have re-think and realised she is the wrong move he made and  hence he is starting to approach SJ? 

The preview for next week of Luna approaching SJ and then the conversation between Luna and JTE...

I can't wait to see it too!

Poor JY and ES.

Why them again?

I hope nothing happens to ES.

The preview is pretty worrying and when JY was talking to SJ about his friendship with LG in the voiceover?

His dedication to LG had me in tears.

Why is it so beautiful and yet so sad?

:cold_sweat:

And poor Ji Hun's mum.

I've got a suggestion for her.

Next time don't do it at home.

:phew:

Don't get me wrong.

I'm not a sadist. But if I know I'm gonna be used as bait to harm the one I love or I should love, I think I will not let the bad guys succeed.

But kudos to her for fighting LR and actually hurting him.

Reveal hidden contents

And Lady Noh...

Can't say I'm surprised but I didn't expect that!

Reveal hidden contents

4 episodes left....

New developments. 

New dangers. 

More schemes.

Can they resolve it nicely for us by episode 16?

I'm willing to forgo logic on how they gonna resolve the parallel universe.

All I ask is for a happy ending for our LTE couple... 

Reveal hidden contents

Will they hear us again?

Are you from Indonesia?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1

TEKM is trending in Singapore at 12th position. 

I'll post pictures in morning. 

It was trending in Peru, UAE, Thailand, Malaysia and jordan too on twitter. Im kinda half asleep. Managed to grab just Singapore and Thailands SS in my half sleep. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 4

Oh my goodness I’m watching the end of 11 again and I’ve noticed that all of the guards have batons instead of a gun or sword.  So it really was LG just straight up murdering and everyone else scrambling after him.

why am I so turned on by this I need therapy

• LOL 14

44 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

HAHAHAHA...so I just made a connection about those flowers LG gave JTE and the flowers JTE is growing.

1) Flowers LG gave JTE are not the same flowers 

-Flowers LG gave were either Larkspur (from Alice in Wonderland) or Forget Me Nots

2) Flowers grown by JTE are Magic Lilies/Resurrection Lily or by its formal name "Lycoris Squamigera Maxim"

Some Additional Info About These Magic Lilles:

-Basically these flowers takes 2 years to bloom thats why JTE's flowers haven't bloom yet

-By the time of the 2022 video, these flowers would have probably bloomed by then !

Awesome insights about the flowers!  

Compounded with that above and this may be a little silly, but I can't stop thinking about Jack and the Beanstalk when it comes to those flowers.  Considering how many Western fairy tale themes are in this series, it may not be totally silly.  In which case, maybe it's possible the flowers can somehow be utilized as a bridge between the worlds (similarly like the beanstalk connected Jack's world and the giant's castle in the clouds).  How that would work?  I have no idea.  Maybe some component of the flowers is similar in the creation/make-up of the flute?  In any case, as JTE was the one to plant the flowers, seems she would be the Jack if there is one.  Making her a potential unlikely traveler and somehow manages it without a flute piece.  Though as you stated, as it seems to take two years for the plant to bloom, that could be why JTE appears in KOC in 2022.  Maybe yo-yo kid tipped her off re: the flowers (hence why he's also there in the security footage and gives the creepy glare right at LG/the audience... yo-yo kid is the tie between past, present and future)?

I've also thought yo-yo kid, as opposed to a god, grim reaper or some kind of spirit, I've wondered if he's just another traveler, but one from a distant future where there's greater knowledge of the travel between the worlds and it's more easily/carefully done (or it is among certain individuals).  Because this (the flute, the conflict driving the story, etc) seems so heavily tied to the LG's legacy/family line, what if the kid is LG/JTE's descendant?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Exactly! I was like “girl.... chillax on the booze would ya” hehehehHeheheh

girl was tryna disinfect herself ok

trying to get rid of COVID-19

oh god, they’re bringing COVID-19 over from south korea

this is why the balance yoyo boy is trying to shut the doorway

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

1 minute ago, AgentQuake said:

Oh my goodness I’m watching the end of 11 again and I’ve noticed that all of the guards have batons instead of a gun or sword.  So it really was LG just straight up murdering and everyone else scrambling after him.

why am I so turned on by this I need therapy

I think JTE got lucky when she found a gun on one of his men. Rare drop if anyone games. :lol:

Good thing LR doesn't fund his men well on weapons. Even at the bookstore raid, they seem to run against the SWAT team empty handed.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, koreaboooo said:

I think JTE got lucky when she found a gun on one of his men. Rare drop if anyone games. :lol:

Good thing LR doesn't fund his men well on weapons. Even at the bookstore raid, they seem to run against the SWAT team empty handed.

makes you wonder how often stuff like this happens

i mean, three bloodbaths in one night and all the public cares about is stalking the new queen

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

54 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I’m going with the simple explanation here: the trend also shows those who are evil is effected by the lightning scars with the only exception being Lee Gon. I’m assuming this is the doing of the yo-yo girl who is trying to restore balance. She is calling upon Lee Gon to defeat the evil while she is torturing those who are bad. 

I think JTE is definitely onto something.

“You deserve to be hit by lightning.”

What’s happening here is taking that phrase literally. 

So what you are saying that those who are there with evil intentions get hit by lightning because they deserve to be hit by lightning. Seems like you are on to something. Why is LG the exception? Why is he punished? Calling him to defeat evil, she does not have to make him feel pain though.

@AgentQuakeYou stated LG wants to disrupt the balance for falling for a person in another world , thus he deserves to be punished. JTE loves LG too so she is also disrupting the balance...

• Like 2
  • Insightful 6