[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Also y’all, it appears we’ve been inserted into the drama.

We are definitely that political group the morning after the sword fight scouring all corners of the internet on anything we find.

Also, bless our Patron Saint Madame Secretary for turning right on her heel and getting LG’s bedroom ready for JTE.

I SAID SHE WAS GONNA HELP HIM BRING HER IN WHILE LADY NOH WAS DOWN 

Press Secretary is us and we are she

• Like 4
  • LOL 10

3 hours ago, Jeess _yy said:
3 hours ago, an-naum said:

Can i say, only KOC will experience the curse of lightning because the flute originate from their world? 

They are the one who crossover 1st to the ROK. 

I don't think so because Lee Sang Do who is held under captive is originally from Korea. My guess is that they experience the curse of lighting because their doppelgangers had died and they had crossed the path between the two worlds. However idk about Sin Jae though why he didn't experience the curse even though we know that his doppelganger died....

@CallieP @an-naum Cos SJ's doppelganger died of natural causes when he was still a child.  

The guy who worked at the king's stable also has the lightning scar...he's from ROC

@Orientalfan No, Lee Sang Do is from Korea. The original stable guy from Corea was the one killed in Korea that TE & the gang were investigating,

• Like 6

Wow today's episode was daebak. It had little bit of everything and mostly OTP scenes:wub: 

You all said everything. Here I was thinking what that last scene with lady Noh meant. Whether she was confirming JTE being from ROC but visiting this forum afterwards clarified what it actually meant. It's liking revising and clarifying doubts post lecture.:lol:

During that pyeha being inconsiderate I couldn't help but think about you ppl having a blast here. :P I need to go and re-watch entire episode.:lol:

When they showed JTE not having scar for a moment I thought, 'does she belong to KOC?' BUT we see that sin jae doesn't have scar too. I would assume Eun seop and Jo yeong too don't experience that scar.

Luna pissing off Lee lim is B) By the way in the preview she was the one who kissed sin jae right? Poor guy ... But I think he will realise something is really off with JTE.  Looks like Luna just wants to experience normal life ( father, friends , boyfriend? ) without fear of her enemies. She definitely is not 100% Lee Lim's side. :lol:

What does LG firing off remaining 2 bullets signify? I mean what were we supposed to interpret seeing that?:unsure:

These last episodes are really so crisp and fluid. They even took care of minor details like LG handing over that sword to royal guard before going to hug JTE, etc.

Ok now running to re-watch :rolleyes:

• Like 8
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, John Rainier said:

I think, you would only have the curse of the lightning in your body if you meet the all the criteria below:

1. You are from Kingdom of Corea (like born from KOC)

2. You crossed over to Republic of Korea and went back to KOC

3. Your alter in republic of Korea does not exist anymore.

I thought of this because the Legend about the flute (sorry I forgot the name) only exists in KOC. Only the citizens of KOC are affected.

Lee Sang Do (originally from Korea) had the scars.  So not only citizens of KOC are affected.

• Like 3

I want to apologize if i repeat this.

My theory is

Scars appeared in people who crossed over the place/time

That people had a doppelganger died in their respective world. So Lee Gon had his doppelganger in ROK died, then the scars appear on him when Lee Gon is present in ROK. After he crosses over, the effect of the scar is still there but not that strong. So as long he is not in the ROK, the scar would not appear too much. 

Maybe because of too many crossing over, the world and parrallel is becoming one?? 

So Prime Minister Ko - the real one might have died in the COR but then was replaced by Ko in the ROK. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I loooved this episode! every scene was interesting and/or fun to watch.

And that bed scene...! :D:D:D

- In the rescue scene, LMH used some of the same sword techniques that he used in Faith. I’m sure that saeguk experience served him well!

- I think  LG cried while time was frozen while they were having their picture taken because he was reminded of the huge task /impending tragedy before them (time stopping altogether for both worlds). He can’t just stay with her. Either that or he’s already aware of that he will lose her in this time loop.

- About that gorgeous king costume that is still being finished in this episode. I think it could be intended for his wedding. Something very tragic happens then and that’s why he goes back in time to her in RoK to give her flowers. I initially wondered whether it could be for the end of mourning ceremony, but it seems too celebratory for that. But then again I have no idea what Koreans wear at such a ceremony.

-That Lady Noh! Wow! Her question to KTE completes our understanding of her statement in the previous episode that she knows the King is seeking his destiny and that she doesn’t need to be told anymore than that. She already knows where he’s been.

- Hopefully LG and the PM can come to some understanding now that he knows she’s been to RoK.

Once again, can’t wait for the next episode!

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Can't believe am doing this with a drama, LOL. Anw, I have complied a list of the characters with doppelgangers. Am sure I missed some so please feel free to supply missing ones.  So far it is shaping up that the scar appears on people  who

1. Have crossed the portal
  2. Have a doppelganger  who was killed -- not just died of natural causes. For example SJ who crossed over, does not suffer the scar because his counterpart died of natural causes as a child.

This looks logical cos if one's doppelganger is taken away due to unnatural causes, then an imbalance is created. And the scar is the manifested "punishment" for it. As LG said when he was with TE in the bedroom, "... it is a side effect of crossing the road of thunder & lightning"

There are some entries still unknown - like PM's doppelganger cos we are not yet certain she had been killed. But if we follow the trend in this table (those in red font), it looks like she has been killed.

So I would be glad if others can provide some cases that would disprove the trend above.

ps: you guys realize am just creating a diversion from the tension created by that 3.5 min-bedroom scene - nya-ah-ah-ah!

I’m going with the simple explanation here: the trend also shows those who are evil is effected by the lightning scars with the only exception being Lee Gon. I’m assuming this is the doing of the yo-yo girl who is trying to restore balance. She is calling upon Lee Gon to defeat the evil while she is torturing those who are bad. 

I think JTE is definitely onto something.

“You deserve to be hit by lightning.”

What’s happening here is taking that phrase literally. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Haven't watched ep 12 but come in to see if everyone is alright.  Any survivors? All died from that promised fatal kiss? 

Catch up later.  I may have to get immunity first to stay alive to resurrect you all from death by fatal kiss. Apparently it surpassed lobster kiss :wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I’m going with the simple explanation here: the trend also shows those who are evil is effected by the lightning scars with the only exception being Lee Gon. I’m assuming this is the doing of the yo-yo girl who is trying to restore balance. She is calling upon Lee Gon to defeat the evil while she is torturing those who are bad. 

I think JTE is definitely onto something.

“You deserve to be hit by lightning.”

What’s happening here is taking that phrase literally. 

I dunno if it's evil, or if it's just for self-serving reasons. 

Lightning Scars -

• Lee Rim - obviously
  • Lee Sang Do - murderer, came for better life
  • Lee Rim's Bodyguard/Driver
  • Prime Minster - to further her own ambitions
  • Lee Gon - this one's kind of a grey area, but he DID come to ROK to find Jung Tae Eul originally and disrupted her life, he didn't come to save the universe anything, but he did come to satisfy his own questions

No Lightning Scars -

• Tae Eul - crossed because of her own curiosity, but she wasn't searching for anything to improve her life, crossed to go home, then was kidnapped
  • Shin Jae - basically kidnapped as well
  • Jo Yeong - Only wished to protect the King
  • Eun Sup - Came to protect his siblings
  • Lady Noh - unclear as of now, but just looking at her tells us she's a good hearted person

I think it has something to do with the REASON why you cross.  All of the people who are having scars are coming from one or the other to disrupt the balance somehow, whether it's a tyrant like LR, or someone searching for love like LG.

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

OMG today's episode!! I am still SO CONFUSED about EVERYTHING! What?! Lady Noh is from ROK? I have a feeling JTE is from Corea and not actually ROK. The whole cancer thing throws me off - JTE's mom died of cancer, and now Luna has cancer. Is it just a coincidence? Or is JTE really from Corea? And that glorious outfit that LG wore - what happened there? I AM SO CONFUSED. I wonder why he was crying or sad. Is it glorious in that he *won* the war with LR but that means the two worlds will close? The episodes we keep getting are not in order, and it's throwing me off. I couldn't tell if at that time, LG had any memory of him wearing the glorious outfit and giving JTE flowers. She said she didn't like flowers, so if that was before, why did he still give her flowers?

HOW DO WE ONLY HAVE 4 EPISODES LEFT? There's too many things to cover...WE NEED MORE EPISODES!!!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, MissSuperCyan said:

She's asking Tae Eul about the war that happened from the past! Geez, I'm sensing a twist about Ok-nam.

Korean War, I think started in 1950, the separation of North and South.  Officially it is still going on.  

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Umjicheok said:

Luna pissing off Lee lim is B) By the way in the preview she was the one who kissed sin jae right? Poor guy ... But I think he will realise something is really off with JTE.  Looks like Luna just wants to experience normal life ( father, friends , boyfriend? ) without fear of her enemies. She definitely is not 100% Lee Lim's side. :lol:

Remember the scene where Luna went through JTE's phone? There was no trace of Lee Gon in it, the closest one that one would have mistaken is that shinjae is her boyfriend as they are very close - theres even picture of them together in taekwondo class. 

I believe Luna did think Shin Jae is someone more than friend to JTE. Not sure if she knows JTE is dating the king of her world haha.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jad068 said:

everytime someone crosses, time stops (in seconds) by the square of a prime number. 4489 was encircled in the board when the time stopped in the church (67*67=4489). So in 62nd time somebody uses the portal, time will stop for almost a day. The 62nd prime number is 293 so if we square that by itself we will get 85,849 seconds (around 23.85 hrs).

but what amazed me was that when LG discovered this pattern, time stopped for 3481 seconds (59^2) so he was reciting Euler’s number for around 58 minutes. Then has to do it again to count the time by looking at a clock. For an hour each time. That is so tiring!

we understood the calculations, we were looking for a regularity of a number

• Like 2

HAHAHAHA...so I just made a connection about those flowers LG gave JTE and the flowers JTE is growing.

1) Flowers LG gave JTE are not the same flowers 

-Flowers LG gave were either Larkspur (from Alice in Wonderland) or Forget Me Nots

2) Flowers grown by JTE are Magic Lilies/Resurrection Lily or by its formal name "Lycoris Squamigera Maxim"

3amvluI.png

Some Additional Info About These Magic Lilles:

-Basically these flowers takes 2 years to bloom thats why JTE's flowers haven't bloom yet

-By the time of the 2022 video, these flowers would have probably bloomed by then !

5vHiATZ.png

qFSa6dV.png

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 9

@mychoiyoung @AgentQuake @Heretorant

Whats with all the theories that something is up with JTE in KOC? As in the person made out with Lee Gon is not her but Luna? 

I might miss the post that explaining this. If so, sorry, a lot to catch up. 

Jte asking for alcohol is pretty pretty normal for her no? Girl likes to drink 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

who needs a hotel when you have the whole king's chamber

THE WAY OF BEHEADING PEOPLE IN KINGDOM OF COREA :joy:

img.gif

No caption needed

Spoiler

img.gif

YOU GAVE THIS TO US IN CASE WE don't get A REAL WEDDING.  NO THANKS KES WE WANT EM TO GET MARRIED AND HAVE TWO KIDS AND LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER, GET IT?!?

"there will come a moment when the worlds, both tae eul's and mine, will stop forever" - lee gon

img.gif

c as labeled/https://moonsol.tistory.com/category

4 things that makes me happy in #TheKingEternalMonarch ep 12: -leegon & taeeul finally took a photo together for the 1st time

-leegon & taeeul’s kiss scene -

joyoung is stay alive -eunsob is doing well with his recovery

• Like 8
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, CallieP said:
  • When LG and JTE took a photo time stopped, was that because they should not take a photo together? LG cried as he realized they were not meant to be?  How did he know that? Is he giving up on making her his queen since fate is not allowing it?   He did not think it was because LR crossed over? LR was still in ROK. This show reminds me of shades of "Somewhere in time"

My take is that LG was again reminded that the frozen time is taking longer and longer. Which means closer and closer to the future problem of the 2 worlds stopping forever. And at that time, he has not found a solution.  Later in the episode, we are again shown LG's computation on his blackboard and in it he marked 4,489.  Assuming he marked that for the next instance that time will freeze and that happened during the photo-taking, imagine time actually stopped for 1.2 hours for him.

• Like 8

Just now, scrawford said:

@mychoiyoung @AgentQuake @Heretorant

Whats with all the theories that something is up with JTE in KOC? As in the person made out with Lee Gon is not her but Luna? 

I might miss the post that explaining this. If so, sorry, a lot to catch up. 

Chingu, I’m as lost as you. 

Can we settle it once and for all?

THE ONE WHO MADE OUT WITH LEE GON IS, WITHOUT A DOUBT, JTE! 

No one can ruin that kiss for me. Not today! Not ever! 

:lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Wow, its probably the fastest sub that has been uploaded on site and i finished watching it a while ago. Thanks uploaders... going bk to the scenes...

:heart: Yes we were all shocked, happy, giddy and went on pervert mode very fast after the scandalous neck kiss... coz  we wanted more, and the writer gave it to us... yep, they did the did and fans are all happy and overjoyed!

But we cant forget the scene at the church, we cant forget that scene as LG cried knowing the doors will be closed one day, and he wasnt sure when thatwill happen. If JTE stays on, then it would be fine... i really wish she does stay and no truck of doom trying to kill any of our lovers. 

Because of the scene at the church, it gave more momentum for the bed scene and why LG is not taking any chances and going for the kill:wub::ph34r::w00t:

Great discussions on the scars and Head Lady Oh, lets wait for the next episodes, next week cant wait.:D

I wish all Muslims a happy and safe Eid :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2