[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

22 minutes ago, Time loop said:

I have been preparing the theory of all theories but still not finished it's gonna be long like 2-3 pages long. So I may have to space them and post them separately in part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4 once I complete the theory. 

I tried to figure out the puzzle and figure out how all of this are interlinked to together. It was certainly not easy and it's still not easy and I won't say I have found the final answer as that is only known by the end writer.  :grin:

Can’t wait to read it!!!

I’m losing my mind here! :tired:  Every time I  start leaning towards a theory, someone else points something out that contradicts it. I feel like my head is going to explode. Lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:

He could have vanished because the past was altered again 

yes, very possible indeed. I just don’t want to be tricked only to find out it was all just a dream :D

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

I SECOND that!! No Dream Sequence Please!!! :D

Again what? LG confirmed that JY would have saved him? In episode 2 LG himself did not know about Time-Reversal, how would he assume that JY could be/should be  the saviour? What did we miss?? :o

Right. And plus, a dream sequence would literally make me feel so cheated. Like what if all this points to Time being manipulated and boom, we see TE or LG wake up from bed asking “what was that? Was it all just a dream?” I would feel so cheated :lol: also, we still don’t know that JY saved him. And he hasn’t raised the question that JY could have saved him. If we go with the two saviors theory, LG was not even aware of it yet. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, Lee Rim wants to be king in the end but he legitimates his ambition with the flute. As the owner of the flute, he would become a god and would be so powerful that he can only rule over the weaks. His justification is that his half-brother didn't realize the real value of the flute.

Since a few have touched on this subject, I am curious: isn’t LR half-brother only?

So this means that he is not completely from the bloodline so he cannot directly inherit the throne. I was originally left with the impression that this is why the next in line was Prince Buyong, after LG. Prince was legitimately the uncle of pure blood while LR is only half blood (most likely different mother, same father). Also, I thought this tied in to yo yo boy mentioning that only noble blood can be the King. I don’t think LR has the noble blood or in this case, he still has to wait in line to be King. I also agree that this is why he legitimates his ambition with the flute. His main goal is to be King but seeing that he still has a long way to go, he is paving his own ‘kingdom’ through the use of the flute and doppelgängers. 

btw @bebebisous33 i finally backtracked to read your post on science vs faith and will post my feedback shortly :D

1 hour ago, Umjicheok said:

1. Lee lim is capable of hiding Lee ji hyun and also not having official records as in fingerprints /DNA of him .

We see in KOC Luna didn't have offical records till few weeks ago. If she is capable of not having official records then why can't Lee lim with cunning mind could do that?!

2. I am one of the person who believes in 2 savior theory , and IMO the person who crashed into glass/ shot is sin jae  and the person who went to check young LG is  future Lee gon. The thing is LG in 2nd episode is right , he is not the savior that he saw because we all kind of agree that person who went towards his younger self is future LG who carries JTE ID in his pocket.

So at the end even if they show 2 saviors , 2nd episode scene would still be right since he saw the eyes of his own.

(I am not taking that 2nd episode confirmation btw Lee gon and sin jae at it's face value either why? Bcoz LG just quickly pulls sin jae's hoodie , doesn't even look properly at his eyes and declares he is not the one. :joy:)

in regards to doppelgänger LG being alive, it’s possible. Simply because if he died as a child, he wouldn’t necessarily need fingerprinting unless the system required it for a child or if he had a record. So not having his fingerprint in the system would make sense for a child. Also, it was speculated that JH could be alive because the body was never shown to us. It was only confirmed by the mother but we don’t know how much truth was in her confirmation. LR could have been saving JH for a bigger role: to possibly replace LG so he can use JH as a puppet like his replaced doppelgängers already. Or to simply have these two come face to face and fight. Unless..and I hope not..KES is saving JH to be used as the LG that JTE will finally be able to meet and love in her time. But I do know this, we are already at episode 10. 6 more to go. So if JH is really alive, we better start getting hints or a glimpse soon or else, I can already smell a lot of “rushing” details come into play.

1 hour ago, Orientalfan said:

After rewatching the drama ....i realised that the card that JTE received from her station is different from the one that Lee Gon gave her...i have the images of both the cards but i do not know how to attach it here...sorry

omo really? What you can do is save the pictures onto a site and use the URL to post it on here (where it says ‘insert image from URL’). I usually use photobucket or a converting size picture site (if it’s too big) and an URL is usually provided. Perhaps, other chingus have an easier way to do it too :D

• Like 13

I think Lee Gon and Tae Eul deserve a bed scene or should I say we deserve it instead:ph34r:  Anyways I may be mixing words here but lets be real. We kinda wanna see it I mean they almost died both from heart attack in that hug scene it was so epic and extremely well acted out. The best hugging scene I have ever seen 

PSlc.gif&key=f8353c372a4902f2196841c20e0

• Like 8
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

Guys .... I am this upset that I am watching Boys Over Flowers... i will keep watching it till friday...cannot even look at King right now despite Lee Min Ho looking 1000 times better at it... :D :( 

@JC's Lingxi Why are you upset chingu? did i missed something? did something happened in the Drama?

BOF is such a crack Drama! It takes you back to the simpler time

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

38 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

@Elnin Joery r u kidding me???? BOF after 11 years???? I believe people are becoming crazy about it after watching him on King...Nonetheless its an amazing news

True say. It's actully trending in 3 countries not only in chile but two other latin-american countries. 

https://flixpatrol.com/title/boys-over-flowers

I agree it has something to do with The King trending so it kinda spread and spilt into BOF

• Like 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, JC's Lingxi said:

@Elnin Joery r u kidding me???? BOF after 11 years???? I believe people are becoming crazy about it after watching him on King...Nonetheless its an amazing news

Lol, but BOF is my first kdrama crack! I remember watching it back in my high school days. Hahaha. That is the first time I fall for oppa. :lol: I become a kdrama addict right after that. It all started with this one oppa then it ended up meeting me with another oppas in other dramas. 

@mrsj3n  Well, you bet. I think through watching this I grow more sherlock cells on my brain. It works actively and productively very healthy these days. But what makes our brain tired is also makes it healthy is deep thinking and over thinking. It escalates our fiction skills and other intelligent parts like math and so on. :lol:

ES is busy following Pyeha. And that him being hospitalized is also a top secret as the king's order. So if he still being hospitalized till next episode, perhaps SA could come. He would be shocked seeing NR is much nicer to him here. Lol

@Jemrie oh.. such a cute cartoon!! If they really write TKEM in webtoon version. It would be much fun. The material is all completed to be explored much layered and complex.

~~~~

I really wish to finish my back-reading but the page keeps moving without pause, which is good, but unfortunately I keep being left some tens pages. :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

JH is dead. And the mom said they're same ages means that if he's alive until today, he would be like SJ's age now. JH mom was in very bad financial state so he must habe worked there to keep her living. It has nothing to to do with the possibility of Ji Hun to be found alive at the end. No, I guess that's not the point. That scene was a clue for him later to find JH's mom. Someone whom SJ's mom talked via phone call told she has met her being such a wealthy chaebol lady. Because she was the key witness of the murder of her family. So lots of people who knows Song Jeong Hye (JH's mom) sees her in multiple places then the better for our king detective team to find her whereabouts soon. 

Then why would Ji-Hun's mom say:  "I think we're about to be busted".

There is no reason for them to emphasize that Shin-Jae's mom gave Shin-Jae's old clothes to Ji-Hun.  That piece of information is so random that they wouldn't have included that bit if it doesn't mean anything.

It just doesn't add up.

• Like 9

@Heretorant lol, right now none of this sounds like a dream and it better not be that way! I agree with all you said. I also agree that LG disappeared because his time with JTE was very short. So he could only say and do what he wanted very fast. But, just in case, we can use our skills from Daejang if it actually happens:

m9-EG2tuUDy4M9rwsMZ3Qw2TTU7aaASvT8YufGw2

:joy: (i am sure there was tables being flipped but I couldn’t find any lol).

also, i think it’s time I give you (and everyone, else) this:

tenor.gif?itemid=7588985

:joy: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

58 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:
59 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

Guys .... I am this upset that I am watching Boys Over Flowers... i will keep watching it till friday...cannot even look at King right now despite Lee Min Ho looking 1000 times better at it... :D :( 

Lmao. I am also watching that and strangely enough it's trending in Chile top 8 for today. I was like Chile really? massive BOF rewatching going on.. 

I couldn't believe BOF is still trending after 11yrs

Btw, this is off topic but BOF’s contract with Netflix was supposed to end soon but it looks like Netflix renewed it. I shows up as new when I search it up. It remains quite popular even after 11 years. 

As for me, I can’t ease my heart even with past dramas. My heart is aching for LeeEul and nothing can make the pain go away except for MinEun’s marriage announcement :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

8 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Btw, this is off topic but BOF’s contract with Netflix was supposed to end soon but it looks like Netflix renewed it. I shows up as new when I search it up. It remains quite popular even after 11 years. 

As for me, I can’t ease my heart even with past dramas. My heart is aching for LeeEul and nothing can make the pain go away except for MinEun’s marriage announcement :lol:

Now thats what I wanna hear. It would be epic outcome of things. I may even attend that and fly out to that event. Good souls like them deserve each other. I have been lurking inside the shipper thread secretly looking for some clues of news and rumours..

CfDv.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

32 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

True say. It's actully trending in 3 countries not only in chile but two other latin-american countries. 

https://flixpatrol.com/title/boys-over-flowers

I agree it has something to do with The King trending so it kinda spread and spilt into BOF

I remember first time that I hear Netflix name I am not sure date but maybe 4 years ago, I read news BOF most watched K-drama in Netflix and then Netflix wasn't popular 

• Like 5

@vangsweetie637 Lee lim is half brother in a sense, he is born to concubine . That's what he said to his elder brother prince Buyeong before killing him. He also said he came to collect that ring but instead he put it on prince Buyeong's finger and left:sweatingbullets:

@mrsj3n Lee lim wants to be immortal no? That's what Lee Gon says to himself when he realised Lee Lim's motive . I don't recall the exact dialogue but it goes something like, ' so it's not the throne but you want to be immortal ' . 

@Jaja oh sorry if our theories confused you but regarding savior nothing is definite. We all are just theorizing from the scenes. We are not even 100% sure about 2 saviors. Common consensus is that 1 savior is future LG with JTE ID ( irrespective whether there are 1 or 2 saviors):)

Also can anyone help in clarifying/give their thoughts :

1. why prince Buyeong was not the inital king since he is the eldest brother bcoz Lee Gon's father called Lee lim 'hyungnim' and Lee lim called prince Buyeong ' hyungnim' that means he is the oldest among them and he also has complete noble blood (?) 

2. when Lee gon enters into his room while sin jae - jo yeong are fighting we see him in all black. I wonder what he was doing? :sweatingbullets: 

3. The mother who was celebrating her son's birthday ( who has paralysis) , since Lee lim helped her  ( in his own twisted way) he would have taken her help right? Were we shown what was that help? Or her dopplegangler? 

Ok I think I should stop looking into details it's hurting my head :joy:

Anytime I am watching scenes which are not LTE , I am just over-analyzing everyone facial features including kids:joy:

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

52 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

It was actually taken out for a day.  It was the day after Epi 10 and I could not find it.  Then it came back Monday.

@Umjicheok

Also can anyone help in clarifying/give their thoughts :

1. why prince Buyeong was not the inital king since he is the eldest brother bcoz Lee Gon's father called Lee lim 'hyungnim' and Lee lim called prince Buyeong ' hyungnim' that means he is the oldest among them and he also has complete noble blood (?) 

2. when Lee gon enters into his room while sin jae - jo yeong are fighting we see him in all black. I wonder what he was doing? :sweatingbullets: 

Re #1 question  

Yes Prince Buyeong is older than LG & LL/LR but is not a direct heir to the King.  Prince Buyeong's father is PRINCE Inpyeong, supposedly younger brother of KING Haejong. The latter is the father of Lee Ho who eventually inherited the throne from Haejong. Lee Ho is the father of LG who LL killed in 1994.  So although Prince Buyeong is older than LG & LL/LR he cannot be King unless both Lee Ho & Lee Gon die and Lee Gon does not produce an heir.

Re # 2 question

If based on his outfit, looked like LG came from the gym or from a walk. Just a guess.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, gwin said:

Then why would Ji-Hun's mom say:  "I think we're about to be busted".

The scene which refers to this starts at 01.11.47 in ep 8. Where SJ visits JH's memorial place and in the same time Song Jeong Hye is there as well. He came before her and left while she gets up after putting down her flowers. She saw him leaving and her car follows him up to the police office front gate. SJ didn't know JH as child. He came there because he wants to confirm the late JH is the same kid who he saw on the tv in MOC. Since JH died very early and assumed that no one knows him much. So it give the conclusion to her that he is not someone who just an acquaintance with JH or her in the past. The fact that he walks in to the police office makes her realized that sooner or later the secret (the murder of her family and LR) are smelly to him to investigate more. 

Then she said "That man came by, looking for JH. I guess we'll finally get busted" (In Korean she said, I translated literally to it's finally they got our tail, which could be translated "to be caught"  or "get busted") why she said that? Because she knows they'll get caught soon. JH past death will finally lead them to her and LR. Then it'll be no time for more people found out about the parallel world too. 

47 minutes ago, gwin said:

There is no reason for them to emphasize that Shin-Jae's mom gave Shin-Jae's old clothes to Ji-Hun.  That piece of information is so random that they wouldn't have included that bit if it doesn't mean anything.

I think what she meant here is that how poor JH's mom in the past even she gave her some of her son's old clothes and to hear that her condition is 180' from that, that ahjumma on the phone call told SJ's mom that she saw her with such expensive clothes and looking rich. Imo it doesn't mean to emphasize to something of JH might be still alive but it is more to emphasize how different JH's mom recent life compared to her past life, from being very poor to be a chaebol lady. 

@JC's Lingxi no problem even you're late. It's better late than never right. Hahaha. I like him but not all of his drama be my faves. So far it's always BoF even many others criticize it for being this and that or it's too this and that. But I really love it better than the whole HYD adaptation are ever made. It's hard for me to get over his GJP's role over the years. Lol. And then bang TKEM pops out, and that old feeling comes back if you know what I mean. :lol:

• Like 9
  • Love 1