[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

11 minutes ago, LMHolic said:

@YongZura⁷how to add them under spoilers? Should i edit my post? 

Yes, you can edit your post.  Then click the "EYE" symbol on the right side and put the extra link there.  One spoiler is enough to fit all the extras :blush: unless there's a reason to separate them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see Indian kdrama fans here since I personally don't know many who watch kdrama  :blush:  

By the way Netflix won't upload today's spl episode? 

And also I was wondering why negotiations with tvN didn't work? I remember reading a post in this forum saying that we are getting approx half episode flashbacks at the start of every episode MAY BE because the original episodes were edited for tvN which telecast for 1 hr 30 mins (?) ... If that's the case I wonder how are they going to wrap up everything in 16 episodes. :unsure:

• Like 7

Too bad its not shown how ES took that balloon.

It was really a surprise scene when LG and ES appeared

in that bamboo forest.

Everything was dark only that balloon was bright red.

ES was a little afraid. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

12 hours ago, cpt_falcon said:

I also think he's going to promise to save her life and does it glamouring her with his power (via his half of Manpasikjeok).

Except when she realizes he can't (or won't) deliver on that promise?  She's a thief, so what would she steal?  Probably LL's half of Manpasikjeok.  Then she truly becomes the White Rabbit everyone is going to be chasing after.  She might try to use it, but still can't heal herself.  So she's the white rabbit with nothing to lose as she's dying anyway.  Not sure what would convince her to give it up or specifically give it up to (hopefully!) the heroes.  I'd imagine it'd have to be JTE somehow who convinced her?  Maybe JTE vows revenge against LL/make him pay because Luna is already shown to be a character who gets savage payback against those who betray her (if Luna steals Manpasikjeok, that may not have been enough revenge in her eyes, she'd probably want to destroy LL completely/make him suffer)?  That although Luna can't exact that revenge herself, at least her face lives on to do it?  Then JTE becomes the white rabbit with half of Manpasikjeok that's meant to be paired with it's other half... that LG has.  Also with Luna dead from her terminal illness, that's JTE's doppelganger in KOC gone and, in essence, spot vacated for her in LG's world.

I really like the idea of Luna stealing LL's part of the flute. It has been stated (and shown) that she is a thief. It could be the case that LL will try to use her likeness of JTE to get LG's flute piece...BUT as the drama has shown JTE does not know that it is the flute pieces that reveal the gates. The fact that LG chooses not to tell her must play a part in some way. So will Luna disguised as JTE reveal herself (by mistake) by asking for the flute piece? LG is also at this point looking for Luna. 

LL also used innocent civilians as a way to protect himself from being captured by LG. LG is shown to prioritize the lives of civilians over capturing LL. Which is a normal human reaction, in addition LG I think also states that he doesn't want to help LL create a 'larger-than-life' persona through confirming his identity. Will LL try to use the LG's doppelgangers mother or Luna (disguised as JTE) to make LG hand over his part of the flute? Seems a bit unlikely though that LG would hand it over - since LL would definitely kill them/cause unspeakable mayhem and destruction as soon as he gets hold of the complete flute. 

Since there is going to be time travel in this show, something which is not a spoiler but something we have known since Ep 1, does this mean that perhaps things first will go down in a truly horrific way (as shown by the chaos in the next episode preview)? Will LL get a hold of the complete flute and wreck havoc on the two worlds (more than he has already done), will he perhaps kill a lot of main characters? And then Luna or someone else will perhaps get the flute away from him? LG will get hold of it and will have to travel through time to rewrite the time line/set things right? Is that what we are seeing in the first episode while LL is in custody and LG is about to go through the gate?

LL is bloody but confident in that scene and is seemingly just revealing all of his crimes. The show has stated that they can't legally detain LL in the Republic, probably since his murder of LG's father was committed in the Kingdom. However he DID kill his "brother" in the Republic as well. So the fact that he is admitting it should help them detain him. I think though that the Republic brother's death was framed as a car accident...

I got to admit that I was a bit worried that LG was dressed in such a formal get up because he is getting married to the PM (please show no). The fact that he is wearing that get up in the first episode however when he is about to go through the gate with such a stern expression seems thankfully to speak against this (since he seems to be on his way to complete some sort of mission - Faith's mission perhaps - and does not seem about to go through only to say goodbye).

Edit: Just realized something, is Luna wishing the cat to have a good and long life, the cat whose name she has taken, foreshadowing that she will act in such a way to ensure that JTE will get a long and happy life? Since she has taken the cat's name she views them as the 'same' in a way - she is really wanting to have a long life herself but because of her illness can only wish for a long life for the cat. So when she meets another person with the same face and (name)/identity (in a way) will she wish for that person JTE, to have a better life then she can?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 6

1 hour ago, SweetButters said:

balloons...balloons.....maybe a sign of which portal works? or maybe each portal is to different timelines as well as worlds???? its beginning to be like the flash where its a multiverse....e.g one world where its ruled by the nazis, one world where its just evil twins, etc

Oh that broke my heart when I saw that.  Cos I have this vision of LG going over and over again in a time loop to correct whatever needed correcting to be with TE.... Perhaps 988 times?

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Do y'all think Luna is a remnant of JTE from a different timeline? I'm less inclined to believe that actually I think she's just a normal doppelganger but some other people seem to think Luna is a version of JTE trapped after losing LG or something like that... 

Do yall think the ep 11 JTE is actl JTE in the present timeline? 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Beware of spoilers!

434-C8181-18-D4-4-A60-97-F4-AA7-C290-C0-
Every time we are shown LG in the in-between, the path is always deceptively straight, sort of like going from Point A(KoC) to Point B(RoK).

2-A108-BC2-4-AA5-4-B2-E-8-AE1-D59456-CE7
C65-A1876-3-BD9-4577-A1-BE-13716-C72-F68

Spoiler

The red balloons act as portals to various timelines, such as this scene shows at the point where TE departs for RoK in Ep6, a red balloon is deployed.

There’s no visible markings:

a) either they were discreetly marked to prevent any LR intervention

6-B53874-A-A119-4980-9-B99-35-E60-FD9-DE

b) or LG has a perfect memory knowing which balloon goes where... in the sky filled with balloons

c) or the production team deliberately hid this fact for later revelations that LG has been using them as a way to time-travel

86409645-7421-48-C0-90-D2-FECA245-E0-EA7
Insignificant markers are removed such as this one, seemingly for his recent trip to RoK with JY. I say trip instead of return because the balloon was not released, and that’s ES in case you’re wondering.

2909-B566-3-EE5-437-C-9-DDF-A449-C540-D5

If you’re gonna ask how do they stay afloat for such a long time, we are already told time goes by differently in the in-between. Calculating by the Euler ruler, LG claims that 10 days is equivalent to an hour in real-time.

• Like 11
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, yuiy78 said:

Sorry to cut your post short.

No problem 

1 hour ago, yuiy78 said:

I am not really into KES either. I watched in full only SG and the Heirs because LMH+the OST. I skip DOTS, Goblin, because things that didnt click. I don't know about mr sunshine. Is it good?

I watched most of KES drama but not all I liked.

Spoiler

I watched Mr. S for 4 or 5 episodes if I'm not mistaken. Then I found it pretty boring somehow. The casts and their acting are good. But I don't like the plot. So I stopped watching right away. Lol. Well, it's my personal opinion. In fact, the drama receives good praises from some news article I read. 

1 hour ago, yuiy78 said:

The heirs, despite of its lack on the storyline, for me it has a really well scene transition and bgm. Also there were several scenes that I enjoyed very much. So I could enjoy it till the end.

I watched because of LMH and PSH are in there. At first, it's light and full of saccharine but I don't mind to get some diabetes either.

Spoiler

But when the story progressed and seeing how the high schoolers are like trying so hard to be like Gossip Girl, Korean version. Well, again it's my personal opinion. Please don't mad at me peeps, hehehe. But because I love LMH I didn't give up. Actually the story sometimes are fun and sometimes I skip scenes. And I finished them to the end. 

1 hour ago, yuiy78 said:

TKEM is another story. My first on going drama. A really complex drama. Definitely NOT mainstream. Has a random plot if I may say, to the level that it can force us to not dare close our eyes even just a glimpse or we can lost on the middle of nowhere. Its torturing kind of drama. Yes it is.

BUT I LOVE IT

and definitely I love being with you all in this forum with your incredible theories, gif, and everything. Thank you guys.

I always watch ongoing dramas. I watch a lot of shows in the past but now I only pick up one or two, the ones that I like the most. When it is good I keep watching but when it gets boring I drop it. :lol: I'm that simple. If after 2 or max 4 eps they didn't impress me then it's done. 

TKEM, do I like it??? I really LOVE it!! 

Same here, this thread is moving faster but I love the mood here. It's fun. So let's keep it cool and healthy here. I saw we got 3 reminders already. That's a lot. So let's get along and be more considerate to each other peeps. :)

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Beautiful Cover of "If Only"  :heartbreak:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Oh that broke my heart when I saw that.  Cos I have this vision of LG going over and over again in a time loop to correct whatever needed correcting to be with TE.... Perhaps 988 times?

@mychoiyoung I sure hope not haha because then you could look at it as thats how many times he'll willing to fail just to see her again even if its for a few seconds :cold_sweat:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 minutes ago, Hikki said:

Every time we are shown LG in the in-between, the path is always deceptively straight, sort of like going from Point A(RoC) to Point B(RoK).

Hide contents

The red balloons act as portals to various timelines, such as this scene shows at the point where TE departs for RoK in Ep6, a red balloon is deployed.

There’s no visible markings:

a) either they were discreetly marked to prevent any LR intervention

b) or LG has a perfect memory knowing which balloon goes where... in the sky filled with balloons

c) or the production team deliberately hid this fact for later revelations that LG has been using them as a way to time-travel

Insignificant markers are removed such as this one, seemingly for his recent trip to RoK with JY. I say trip instead of return because the balloon was not released, and that’s ES in case you’re wondering.

If you’re gonna ask how do they stay afloat for such a long time, we are already told time goes by differently in the in-between. Calculating by the Euler ruler, LG claims that 10 days is equivalent to an hour in real-time.

@Hikki I wonder if there's 27 balloons in that scene :joy:. Maybe LG needs ES's smart brain to decode it, I mean ES did grab that balloon out of there lol. And ES did prove he's not an idiot at all, he just sees the world differently!! lol :love:

bJ6IMPr.jpg

3GouuRt.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Awesome 3

6-EF3-CB50-0-FC9-4-F5-A-9946-5-E840-B4-E

Spoiler ahead

Spoiler

I like that the show has been dropping hints on LG’s time-traveling(tt for short) - be it a rendezvous or revisiting markers. In Ep10, he returns right in time for his LNY speech but that scene tells the audience that he’s been gone longer than expected. I’m guessing he was experimenting with tt, then re-route to RoK for a phone call which became a reunion, before returning to KoC. And this episode wonderfully, or should I say, heart-wrenching, concludes with another tt - this time it’s LG from the future.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 8

15 hours ago, nana4ever said:

In episode 10 YoYo boy was so cool .. he was not fazed speaking to LR...It seems he was more perplexed  by the boy.    When  YOYo said he  wanted to see how the story ends....I shouted me too YoYo...please give us a hint (so happy with social distancing,  no one could see me cry and shout at the TV) ..smh

Anyway have safe and great rest of the weekend and week.  Please take care.

@nana4ever I am with you on this.  With social distancing I sat in my car in the driveway of my house yelling at my laptop. I had to give my husband a break he thinks I've finally gone crazy and I have this story is making me nuts.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

@ktcjdrama @madmad min Thanks for the compliment... as you can guess, it took me a while to write it. Actually, I could have written much more about the numbers and science. The analysis was so long that I thought, it was better to stop. If you have noticed, my main focus was about Lee Gon and his relationship to numbers and faith. Next time, it will be about JTE and her relationship to numbers/science and faith. 

• Like 7
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, LRM11219311 said:

Waaah! I can’t stop thinking JTE and LG the whole day, I felt like my mood today was so sad. I am deeply affected by them. I still cry when I see the bamboo scene and the last scene of ep 10 :bawling: plus the soundtrack adds to my sadness. 

That'is also me exactly:bawling:my mood is still down,can't get over last scene,that was a final like scene,gave me feel like it is gonna be a very sad ending which gonna leave us devastated eventually oh please no:persevere:

Okay I'm not a optimistic person at all,that's because...

agree with ost effect and piano sound just before next ep preview is also too sad:(

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

Do y'all think Luna is a remnant of JTE from a different timeline? I'm less inclined to believe that actually I think she's just a normal doppelganger but some other people seem to think Luna is a version of JTE trapped after losing LG or something like that... 

Do yall think the ep 11 JTE is actl JTE in the present timeline? 

Hello, I believe she is. Luna doesn't have a proper identity, she borrowed her name from a cat, she's close to kids , she has a soft heart but strong willed. What is endearing  is she likes to collect 100,000 won which has the face of LG. The only bill she has recollection from KOC . 

Edited by Guine
wrong word
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 9