[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

27 minutes ago, Kris Silva said:

i can’t seem to find the long trailer in YT or it might not be available in my region but try this link. 

The show is still shooting and not preproduced. 
And I don’t know about the instrumental soundtrack being released in Spotify ... All i know is the instrumental versions of the OST songs get released same day in Spotify. Probably the soundtrack will come out when  the whole album for the drama gets released. 

Thanks!  I am asking because I just noticed Netflix already updated and is now showing the airing dates up to Episode 14 (airing May 30). Are these fixed or possible they might change depending on shooting schedule?  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Kris Silva said:

i can’t seem to find the long trailer in YT or it might not be available in my region but try this link.

The show is still shooting and not preproduced. 

And I don’t know about the instrumental soundtrack being released in Spotify ... All i know is the instrumental versions of the OST songs get released same day in Spotify. Probably the soundtrack will come out when  the whole album for the drama gets released. 

i checked Spotify and found out that there are A LOT of TKEM playlists out there.B)B)B)  there's a playlist created by a certain Jayson Pugat that contains 12 songs (6 songs are not instrumental while the remaining 6 are all instrumental songs). i didn't get to check the rest of the playlists.:)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

@Aleenaaa Great observation!!!:):wub: And the difference you caught between the pictures could be a clue about the time travel Remember that in this scene, time stops and no one except LG notices it. So if time stops, then it means that he can leave the place and move elsewhere... travel in time and come back later to this scene so that JTE doesn't notice the change. Back then, he was surprised and didn't know the meaning of this. Only LR knows about it: the arrival of the other flute owner. In my opinion, LG couldn't do anything back then as he didn't have the tiger sword. I believe that the sword is linked to the space that linked both worlds. If he uses the sword, he can go to that place and the time travel can occur. 

@YongZura⁷ @ktcjdrama

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 7

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Finally, I would like to add another observation: the presence of the red balloon in the passage between two worlds. I find it interesting that LG didn't wonder about the presence of the red balloon. He only explained why the red balloon would remain there but he never wondered how it came there.

I don't think so. Dunno if I read it wrong or we have different sub for this. But he did said

"Balloons usually pop within ten hours. But that one has been floating like that for over ten days. It hasn't popped or floated away. It's exactly where I let it go"

So I concluded here he is the one who brought and let the balloons up in there to prove that the place has no light, wind or air. 

Sidenote

Spoiler

I wonder if there's no those three elements, how could they breathe for that long while having that conversation or how could they pass the place without having any torch or light. Lolol... just for fun... I let this slide away... 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Omg @Aleenaaa great observation on the clock movement in the King logo. How come I never noticed that before? Wow, you guys are really the best in terms of getting the littlest details. :wub:

If LG is in a time loop, this actually reminds me of Kim Shin's character in Goblin that is just existing forever. In signature KES style, I think we are bound to get a shocking twist somewhere along Eps 11- 13. I'm readying myself already. :tears: 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

If we were to nitpick that vacuum(?) unknown path,

Spoiler

it is said no wind, sunlight, and air, but the clouds are moving fast, it’s bright there and they can breathe. He also said the red balloon is exactly where he let it go, but that looks so far away from the path... :sweat_smile: 

but yeah, I too will let this slide, for now :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

2 hours ago, Aleenaaa said:

Do you guys see the difference in pic 2? LG is wearing a V-neck whereas in pic 1 its a turtleneck!! Could this be time loop or loophole? He looks sad in pic 2.

Pic 1

XiVgX3u.png

Pic 2

SMEyEgc.png

Pic 1 is the actual episode and second pic is the bts of SBS Catch, no?? ;) But they're indeed different. Lol

• Like 10
  • Insightful 2

21 minutes ago, gwin said:

Thanks!  I am asking because I just noticed Netflix already updated and is now showing the airing dates up to Episode 14 (airing May 30). Are these fixed or possible they might change depending on shooting schedule?  

Yup NETFLIX Updated!!.. :flushed:

8 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Aleenaaa Great observation!!!:):wub: And the difference you caught between the pictures could be a clue about the time travel Remember that in this scene, time stops and no one except LG notices it. So if time stops, then it means that he can leave the place and move elsewhere... travel in time and come back later to this scene so that JTE doesn't notice the change. Back then, he was surprised and didn't know the meaning of this. Only LR knows about it: the arrival of the other flute owner. In my opinion, LG couldn't do anything back then as he didn't have the tiger sword. I believe that the sword is linked to the space that linked both worlds. If he uses the sword, he can go to that place and the time travel can occur. 

@YongZura⁷ @ktcjdrama

Tiger Sword Broke the Flute and spilled blood. Tiger Sword spilled the blood from LG's father on specific part of LR's face, ie right side on cheek and forehead that is the place he gets his Lightening SCAR. Nor sure why LG gets the thunder on shoulder, maybe cause he was strangled on his left neck and the blood spilled from flute there?..

My other 2 cents on the facts:

1. LR does not know the time travel factor ( as for the dialog you still do not know what am I gonna do in first episode refers to make his brother see the killing of Royal Guards at that moment )

2. There is Time Travel, in the First episode King LG is in a different attire when LR says "I thought my Nephew

will also face the same destiny as me of travelling the 2 parallel worlds "or something like that.

Cue 1: I think we thought this is the same Diamond Button Coat that King wore when he saw ROK for the first time and meeting with JTE. This is what we saw, black Gold coat with Blue Collar.

Whats-App-Image-2020-05-04-at-16-09-12.j

But Below was the Diamond Coat!!! TADA

Whats-App-Image-2020-05-04-at-16-09-12-1

Sorry For the BAD Quality Pictures.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 4

@bebebisous33 I agree with the time travel part especially if we take note of LG's sad expressions in the other picture.

@graceyco During live stream, this is the first thing I see, not a big deal:lol: But I don't want LG to be stuck in a time loop. Any ending will do but not this one:tears:

@Alice Wonderland Second one is from the BTS, and the other one is from the episode.  But as you said, they are differentB)

• Like 4

I read about this super duper interesting spoiler on Instagram!!

Spoiler

https://pikdo.info/p/jslee6525/2291372066467657901_7316827792

There is a rumour that we will get a wedding of LG and JTE in the drama. And in this post they have tagged KGE and LMH. There was another post where they've posted a wedding picture ( taken from afar and is blurred). An account is claiming that they had tagged LMH and KGE too but now that post is edited so can't confirm.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Congratulations to The King: Eternal Monarch! It just hit #1 in Netflix South Korea today! :wub:

Also, there's a circulating  major spoiler in Instagram today. So please click at your own liking :P But my goodness, I almost fell off my seat! 

Spoiler

As you can see in the Instagram caption, it has included captions and the # for the King. Are we getting a royal wedding soon? Not sure though why they were allowed to promote it this way. :sweatingbullets: I think this is a major drama spoiler. But I'm not sure too if this is legit. Oh well! Have to admit, the idea of a royal wedding.... my heart!

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 4

Yay!! Finally I reach last page.  :sweatingbullets: :lol: It's hard to keep reading while replaying to certain posts. After scan reading those pages, I extracted the topics you're discussing here. Some thoughts of Luna is LR's minion and the possible candidates of who is the actual little LG's savior. And also about the imaginary flower that TE bought in M.Corea. All those theories are very interesting to read. 

For now I am not really sure who is the savior, it could be LG and I also feel if it's LG then the writer plot has been solved easily by some soompi detectives here :lol: So the thought of other person could be the savior also crossed my mind. Then it could be SJ too. He has some past that we haven't known before. I agree to those who thought that he could be the person. Though it's still based on speculative guess. I also remember he ever asked LG about the Corea symbols. SJ claimed he has seen it somewhere and LG told it is belong to his kingdom. Yes, there something to it. Writer intentionally dropped some hints here and there for us to connect right. But I think it's not sufficient yet to make a decisive conclusion. 

And about the tree or the flower. I guess we need to wait for it to sprout a little to see how it looks like. :D

I hope Luna isn't on LR side. So far she helps LG find the door to the other world and meet TE. So I don't see it enough as she works under LR's order. She will appear more in ep 7 then we could see it how then. 

@Aleenaaa oh.. eagle eyes! I saw that title credit all the time but didn't really pay attention to it. Lol. I remember about the old drama which also gives some hints or story through their title credits (e.g. Pinocchio, Innocent man, so far that I could recall) and now this drama probably use the same approach to show that ticking clock on its title. 

This show made us discuss every aspect from science to story tales. It's interesting they don't just serve us with typical ro-co story but also makes us think, count and deep analyzing. And that's so fun! It makes the wait feels bearable. 

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, syntyche said:

Hello @L A. There was no match for Lee Gon's fingerprints/DNA since his doppelganger in Korea died at a young age; they must have not kept a record of it before 1994.

There was no match for Tae Eul's fingerprints in Corea since Luna, her doppelganger, has no official record in that world.

Meanwhile, Lee Rim and his doppelganger have official records from their respective worlds. Their fingerprints and blood type match, so when their bodies were switched, it appeared that the disabled dead body was Lee Rim's.  

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

This is why I have a theory that Luna is not from KOC but a third alternative world that the viewers aren't aware of. 

I’d like to elaborate: not everyone’s fingerprint is on file. For example, in the United States, there are only certain instances where your fingerprint is required. It may be because you got arrested, applied for certain jobs, or you applied for an ID or driver’s license. In the case that you’ve never committed a crime or done b or c, your fingerprint will not on the database. 

Of course, for someone as important as Lee Rim and Lee Gon, surely they have all of their information on record in Corea. Hence why Lee Rim’s doppelgänger had a match. On the other hand, Lee Gon and Tae Eul didn’t match anyone because Gon’s doppelgänger and luna’s fingerprint records are not on file. Luna is a criminal but has never been caught and let alone, her parents didn’t even bother registering her as a human. Lee Gon’s doppelgänger died in 1994 (we think) and they must have not scanned his fingerprint then. 

@kboramint I can see where your theory of a third parallel universe stems from. But I’m not allowing my head to explore the idea because things can get a little complicated. I wish the writer will stick to two worlds only as there isn’t enough time to explore more than two worlds in 16 episodes. 

• Like 9