[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

Yup NETFLIX Updated!!.. :flushed:

Tiger Sword Broke the Flute and spilled blood. Tiger Sword spilled the blood from LG's father on specific part of LR's face, ie right side on cheek and forehead that is the place he gets his Lightening SCAR. Nor sure why LG gets the thunder on shoulder, maybe cause he was strangled on his left neck and the blood spilled from flute there?..

My other 2 cents on the facts:

1. LR does not know the time travel factor ( as for the dialog you still do not know what am I gonna do in first episode refers to make his brother see the killing of Royal Guards at that moment )

2. There is Time Travel, in the First episode King LG is in a different attire when LR says "I thought my Nephew

will also face the same destiny as me of travelling the 2 parallel worlds "or something like that.

Cue 1: I think we thought this is the same Diamond Button Coat that King wore when he saw ROK for the first time and meeting with JTE. This is what we saw, black Gold coat with Blue Collar.

But Below was the Diamond Coat!!! TADA

Sorry For the BAD Quality Pictures.

i think LR's lightning scar/skin reaction is on the left side of his face.

31 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

:lol:

like i said in one of my posts before, JY and secretary mo's reaction is priceless.:lol::lol::lol: also, me thinks this is also the first time they saw LG being affectionate/showing PDA (somewhat) towards a woman, hence, their reaction.:)

• Like 7
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, graceyco said:

Also, there's a circulating  major spoiler in Instagram today. So please click at your own liking :P But my goodness, I almost fell off my seat! 

Hide contents

As you can see in the Instagram caption, it has included captions and the # for the King. Are we getting a royal wedding soon? Not sure though why they were allowed to promote it this way. :sweatingbullets: I think this is a major drama spoiler. But I'm not sure too if this is legit. Oh well! Have to admit, the idea of a royal wedding.... my heart!

Regarding the spoiler. I think it's tagged because of the location of filming aka the site was used to film scenes in the drama not necessarily related the event in the post. Or it was just because the OST(?) was used in another post. 

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

14 minutes ago, asul_03 said:

i think LR's lightning scar/skin reaction is on the left side of his face.

It is on the opposite side where LG's scar is...I mean if LG has the scar on Left side then LR has the thunder on right side. Or vice-versa but both of them get struck with lightening where the blood was spilled from Flute / from Four Tiger Sword.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, graceyco said:

Also, there's a circulating  major spoiler in Instagram today. So please click at your own liking :P But my goodness, I almost fell off my seat! 

Where... where...???!! I love good spoiler! :lol: LG will marry TE and she'll be his queen? If this is really what's on writer's scenario, then be it!! No one oppose the wedding!! I'll be the first to send my blessing for them!! :love: 

Seriously.... I want that really happens to the upcoming episodes. You guys must take responsible!! Hahahaha

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I love this drama. I love the concept of parallel universe. I've been waiting for a LMH drama for a long time. I haven't watched Goblin so I won't associate KGE with other roles. I see her only as Tae-Gul. I like the subtleness of their growing affections towards each other and grows slowly every episode. I love that it's not cheesy. I love their kiss and the playful jokes of LG.

I have so many theories and questions for the next episodes. Here's one. Did the Lee Gon of Tae-Gul's world died? Or still alive?

Can't wait for Fridays and Saturdays!

• Like 7
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Regarding the spoiler. I think it's tagged because of the location of filming aka the site was used to film scenes in the drama not necessarily related the event in the post. 

Yes I think so now :tears: I think because of location 

• Like 1

So I just read an article about Korean viewers criticizing the drama because of "historic inaccuracy" after the scene where the king was shown wearing mixed period clothing and accessories. At this point I just think that Korean viewers are just nitpicking every single thing they don't like even if there isn't anything to criticize about. Nobody said it was a historic drama about something that happened in the past. Can't they process the fact this drama is a fantasy not a reality. Plus even if it was, it is already about 21st century kingdom where anything is possible including mixing and matching different period/dynasty clothing and accessories. Can't they just appreciate the fact that Joseon period clothing can still go well with Silla dynasty accessory. It looked refreshing and well suited. I just don't understand why Korean viewers are so critical about this drama when this drama is actually getting pretty interesting?! I just can't put my finger on it.

• Like 13
  • Sad 3
  • Love 2

I found this while searching for the name of the flower 相思花

Seems like there might be different variants?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm5gaxhhazQrNux2uGZM6

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRrEVpDL91sEXsfVsafKB

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

I’d like to elaborate: not everyone’s fingerprint is on file.

As long as we're doing some detective works here, let me add that actually there are more fingerprints on file now than we might have thought/imagined.

Since more than a decade ago, whenever people pass through immigration checkpoints of many countries (some eg. US, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan), their fingerprints will be scanned and go into the database.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

Lee Min Ho Is Flawless In Uniform In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

lee-min-ho.jpg

SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” has released new behind-the-scenes photos of Lee Min Ho!

The drama tells the story of Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) and detective Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), who live in parallel universes — one where Korea is a constitutional monarchy and another where it is a democracy — but they work together to try to save lives.

Throughout the drama, Lee Min Ho has worn multiple outfits including his black imperial attire and an equestrian uniform. However, his white naval uniform in particular has been attracting the attention of viewers.

In the recent episode, Lee Gon appeared in a naval uniform as he prepared to confront Japan after they invaded Korea’s waters. Reflecting the line in the drama, “In their most honorable moments, the imperial family wears uniforms,” Lee Gon’s strong sense of responsibility is represented by his change of attire.

Lee Min Ho’s white naval uniform is getting a hot response as people admire his ability to look charming in all of his character’s outfits. In the newly released photos, he appears charismatic and handsome no matter which outfit he wears. In his white naval uniform, he shows a sense of duty while he performs a military salute.

Lee Min Ho stole the show with both his looks and his passionate acting in the recent episode, which returned to double-digit ratings.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” airs on Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398283wpp/lee-min-ho-is-flawless-in-uniform-in-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Gosh, so hard to catch up on this thread its so fast LOL So happy to see old Kdrama Chingus in here (you probably wont remember me as I changed my username :D

Love love reading all your theories! Please keep them coming while I lurk in my little corner. :wub: 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, ilu2 said:

So I just read an article about Korean viewers criticizing the drama because of "historic inaccuracy" after the scene where the king wore mixed period clothing showed. At this point I just think that Korean viewers are just nitpicking on the this drama if if there isn't anything to criticize about. Nobody said it was a historic drama that will be about something that happened in the past. Can't they process that this drama is a fantasy not a reality. Plus even if it was, it is already about 21st century kingdom where anything is possible including mixing and matching different period/dynasty clothing and accessories. Can't they just appreciate the fact that Joseon period clothing can still go well with Silla dynasty accessory. It looked refreshing and well suited. I just don't understand why Korean viewers are so critical about this drama when this drama is actually getting pretty interesting?! I just can't put my finger on it.

don't take knetz comments seriously..all they can do is criticizing everything since ages ago. they even more bitter since it's Kim eunsook and Lee Minho's drama. they did the same with Mr.Sunshine for being historical inaccuracies..even making a petition to against the drama..but now they call it a masterpiece lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

MEET THE INCREDIBLE OST OF THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH

Spoiler

47-1-e1588545633841-768x432.jpg

The drama released during the month of April has already shown six chapters of this story, increasingly engaging viewers of the drama, but an important part of achieving this effect has been the music that accompanies the characters.

Although the cast was one of the qualities that sparked interest in The King: Eternal Monarch since before its premiere, now that we have seen some episodes we can say that another key piece in this narrative is the OST, since it has charming melodies capable to convey many feelings.

For now four songs are known that are part of this soundtrack, but possibly as the story progresses we will discover other songs that will join the plot.

The King: Eternal Monarch premieres two chapters a week and since it is available on Netflix, it will be very easy for you to follow the story.

I JUST WANT TO STAY WITH YOU -ZION.T

A song that describes a faithful belief in destiny and expresses that all you want is to stay by the person you love, even if things get difficult, if they are separated and forgotten, hope that this force will take care of bringing us together. again.

ORBIT – HWASA

The melody performed by the MAMAMOO maknae expresses a commitment to stay close to the person she loves, since she is willing to do the same and does not plan to go anywhere if it is not with her.

GRAVITY – KIM YONG WAN

The third melody talks about the attraction between two people who love each other and describes their meeting as a phenomenon caused by gravity, since they inevitably attract.

MAZE – YONG ZOO

Spoiler

A song that expresses loneliness and longing as he describes a search, the lyrics indicate that he hopes that he and his love will meet as part of the destiny that is planned for him. No matter what this destination is, that person hopes they can walk the same path together.

https://www.somagnews.com/meet-incredible-ost-king-eternal-monarch/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, binniejinniecultivator said:

Did the Lee Gon of Tae-Gul's world died? Or still alive?

He died. The scene didn't clearly show LR killed him but his mom confirmed his death through the scene of her visiting the memorial park and regret of what had happened. (See ep 2, starts at mins. 40.15) She knows who killed her husband and son but she chose to keep silent. Whether it was because she ddin't want to be blamed or affraid of LR's threats, clearly she did silent and covered the truth. 

~~~~

Talking about fingerprints, why doesn't Luna have fingerprints? Why isn't hers recorded on the database in M. Corea? To me it was simple since here in my country not all of people's fingerprint are taken one by one. Like a bug in a computer program, there must be one or two errors when it was being collected. More often most of fugitive or criminals, they might easily forge their finger prints or skip the population census to remain undetected. The next question how did she do it? Perhaps, with the help of someone else or well they did have the record but she can steal it from them just like how she stole the money from the gang boss. Or how fast she could get away from everyone that fast. Then getting rid of her traces wouldn't be too hard either.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

i have question on ep 5.

When JTE travelled to seoul on KOC. She crossed SJ.

Then the scene cut to SJ having dialogue with his psychiatrist and reminiscing his childhood as chaebol. My question is this SJ in Koc or Rok?

Because seeing the outfit. Its the same outfit when SJ in Koc when asking JTE to play pool.

Hahaha i was very curious on this!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, natadecoco said:

i have question on ep 5.

When JTE travelled to seoul on KOC. She crossed SJ.

Then the scene cut to SJ having dialogue with his psychiatrist and reminiscing his childhood as chaebol. My question is this SJ in Koc or Rok?

Because seeing the outfit. Its the same outfit when SJ in Koc when asking JTE to play pool.

Hahaha i was very curious on this!!

It was SJ in RoK. It was quite confusing because the details are so tiny.. (pardon the lack of screenshots bcos netflix wont allow) but if you look closely, the signages indicating the places they're in are different: when the shot was with JTE they were green.. when the shot was with SJ they turn into blue. Also the tram tracks (idk if thats how theyre called) they end abruptly in SJ's side of the shot, indicating that theyre in the same place but not in the same dimension :)

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1