[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

36 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@syntyche would like to know your honest opinion. Do you think lee Gon In Rep. Korea still alive? for some reason i have an open mind with that possibility, even tho i know that they showed his graved, but not his body. seems fishy

@scrawford, I'm glad you asked. We did see the grave, but that's the one point in this drama that I'm not leaving as settled. Lee Rim is cunning as we all have seen, who knows what great lengths he has gone to just to execute his plans. But if he really is dead, than I'll leave it at that.  

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, syntyche said:

@scrawford, I'm glad you asked. We did see the grave, but that's the one point in this drama that I'm not leaving as settled. Lee Rim is cunning as we all have seen, who knows what great lengths he has gone to just to execute his plans. But if he really is dead, than I'll leave it at that.  

@syntyche That’s exactly my attitude towards the possibility. And I would love to see how Lee Min Ho play his  doppledangers (opposite character) if he is still alive. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@syntyche That’s exactly my attitude towards the possibility. And I would love to see how Lee Min Ho play his  doppledangers (opposite character) if he is still alive. 

@scrawford, that would be interesting to watch. I think Lee Gon is too important of a character to just kill his doppelganger off. But then again, there's an argument that there should be only one king. Let's just see how this unfolds. 

• Like 5

Discovered this thread from another forum and damn, I have a lot of backreading to do!  Loving the discussions so far and how keen all your eyes are!

I have a few questions for now before I delve into my own theories:

1.  A few pages back, I saw someone make reference to a 5-minute trailer.  Where can I watch this?

2.  When does the instrumental soundtrack to a drama usually get released on Spotify? I really love the instrumental theme that plays whenever the leads see each other, it's so haunting and melancholy (also, listening to it hurts because I feel this will have a sad ending)

3.   Has this show completed filming or not yet?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

God knows how many times he’s gone back to redo it over but if it’s 998 times, that means he actually waited to be with her for 24,950 years! :scream:  (I’m getting good at math guys lmao :lol:)

Ohhhhh.. that’s true. I start to change my mind. If LG go back in time more than 900 times, he should be an expert killer/sniper by now. Hahaha. 
but that would be too tragic if he need to win JTE heart again and again. That’s tough tho.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, 1ouise said:

I had mistaken the seed sowed by JTE was "相思樹 ( tree)". After rewatching again,  it's "相思花 (flower)" not tree. Nevertheless, the meaning of "相思" itself carries yearning,  longing, thinking of loved ones.

"相思樹 ( tree)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia_confusa

"相思花 (flower)" : I did search but could not find any exact flower named 相思花 except the flower of Acacia onfusa.

3 hours ago, 1ouise said:

TE and SJ are talking with LR in 2020 and looking at this form, which appears to be Corean.  So did this interrogation take place in Corea?

Yes, that scene is in Corea. And only Corea has the record of LR's death.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 3

hi, guys,  i've been reading this thread from the beginning and I love to read all your comments and point of views about the drama. This is my first time commenting coz I've been curious about the Japan-Kingdom of Corea feud in ep. 6. Does this mean that Japan has also parralel universe that deals with the Kingdom of Corea for how can they deal with two Koreas, and if you include North Korea, that would be 3 Koreas. Not only Japan, but all the rest of the world, how can they deal with both Kingdom of Corea and Republic of Korea? or does this mean that in the story, the world knows about this 2 countries but the 2 countries don't know that each other exists? I'm really confuse. What's your opinion about this?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

The parallel universe has their own same countries. Their Japan is not the same as JTE's Japan. The Japan in JTE's world is like our current Japan. They're not in any war with Korea. It's only in LG's world, their Japan is in war with his Corea, hence why their capital is in Busan, the move to be closer to Japan to defend the country from Japan. While Korea has more internal wars between North and South Korea so the capital Seoul is closer to border of North and South Korea. I think you're confusing yourself that there's only one Japan, but there's a Japan for every parallel universe, same as how there's a Canada also in the parallel universe. No one knows the other universe exist except for LR, LG and KTE. Also the only way to travel across the universes require the flute which normal people wouldn't have so everyone in their own universe just deal with the countries in their own universe. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

48 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

"相思樹 ( tree)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia_confusa

"相思花 (flower)" : I did search but could not find any exact flower named 相思花 except the flower of Acacia confusa.

Yes, that scene is in Corea. And only Corea has the record of LR's death.

Oh wow ... another yellow tree.  It seems like that could be what TE planted.

Who do you think is with TE interrogating LR?

SJ from Korea? who crossed to Corea?

SJ from Corea? 

They are the same person?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, encantadia said:

hi, guys,  i've been reading this thread from the beginning and I love to read all your comments and point of views about the drama. This is my first time commenting coz I've been curious about the Japan-Kingdom of Corea feud in ep. 6. Does this mean that Japan has also parralel universe that deals with the Kingdom of Corea for how can they deal with two Koreas, and if you include North Korea, that would be 3 Koreas. Not only Japan, but all the rest of the world, how can they deal with both Kingdom of Corea and Republic of Korea? or does this mean that in the story, the world knows about this 2 countries but the 2 countries don't know that each other exists? I'm really confuse. What's your opinion about this?

The parallel universe has their own same countries. Their Japan is not the same as JTE's Japan. The Japan in JTE's world is like our current Japan. They're not in any war with Korea. It's only in LG's world, their Japan is in war with his Corea, hence why their capital is in Busan, the move to be closer to Japan to defend the country from Japan. While Korea has more internal wars between North and South Korea so the capital Seoul is closer to border of North and South Korea. I think you're confusing yourself that there's only one Japan, but there's a Japan for every parallel universe, same as how there's a Canada also in the parallel universe. No one knows the other universe exist except for LR, LG and KTE. Also the only way to travel across the universes require the flute which normal people wouldn't have so everyone in their own universe just deal with the countries in their own universe. 

Sorry for posting this again. IDK how to delete posts or edit for quote for the previous post. 

• Like 5

I suspect shin jae counter part in koc will be the grandson of prince buyeong. If prince Buyeong dies in next ep he will definitely come to KOC (prince buyeong family lives in abroad). So the heir next to the throne will be dopplergang of shin jae. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

8 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

Sorry for posting this again. IDK how to delete posts or edit for quote for the previous post. 

thanks for answering, somewhat clarifies my confusion. so, it's safe to say that the kingdom of corea is dealing with the parallel universe of their neighboring countries. hope this gets clarified in the story. 

• Like 2

@syntyche @scrawford I wonder if it will complicate things if Lee Gon has a doppelgänger. But I must say, that will blow my mind out of my head. And I can’t complain seeing 2 LMH on my screen. I have one request though. Can we please have the Korean Lee Gon evil? How hot would it be to see them battle each other? :lol:

Excuse me, I can never let go of my fangirling instincts lol. 

1 hour ago, encantadia said:

Welcome :D

The easiest way to think of it is as two worlds that cannot communicate with each other. “Worlds” meaning the entire universe including earth: United States, Korea, Japan, etc. In the world where Corea exists, there are all the countries we know of too but these countries belong to that world and not ours. This is the concept of parallel worlds. To clarify, the Japan we see in episode 6 is parallel to the Japan in the world we know. They are different. 

Take for example, Corea is to Korea as Gapan is to Japan. If it’s easier to distinguish, let’s say Gapan is the country that went to war with Corea. Hope this helps. :)

—————————————

@gwin welcome :) You can find the five minute trailer on this post.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, encantadia said:

thanks for answering, somewhat clarifies my confusion. so, it's safe to say that the kingdom of corea is dealing with the parallel universe of their neighboring countries. hope this gets clarified in the story. 

Yupp, just think of it as there's 2 Earth's and the portals between the two Earth's need the flute to activate. 

We know each world has its own version of the same countries since MSA from LG's universe talked about how she's from Canada and her family owns property there, but MNR from JTE's universe had lived in Korea her whole life and is one of her close friends. There's also that scene in Ep5 that showed Corea was ranked 4th in highest GDP in the world. JTE was surprised since in her universe Korea isn't ranked 4th. Each universe has its own GDP ranking, it's own thing going on. 

• Like 5