[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

7 hours ago, Cassandra E. Bett said:

Hide contents

I think the reason that she truly shined in Six Sense was because it was YJS who adores her and all three female hosts loved and supported her. There was proper girl power in that show which So Min wishes she had on RM and doesn't. I'm not slamming JH, love her too, but I've never seen her embrace SM which SM always backhugs her. Jessi, who SM barely knows and has only recently been friends with was so touchy feely and a proper friend to her on the show. The girl-girl support would have been real impactful and yet all I see is week after week of her being left alone and isolated on RM (of course not including JK, her ultimate fan).

Now after understand what's going on in that car ride, it does give a bitter feeling. After watching Six Sense, how I wish Somin at least has a female member like Jessi to support her in RM. 

But that the fact JK's team chose Ji Eun's group to be punish makes me feel maybe that is some sort of revenge he did for Somin. Well, this maybe just me who try to potray him as a hero but honestly, I was quite shocked when So Yi Hyun chose to exchange with Jihyo's (the bomb was on SYH). JK's group didn't have any good card. So, changing with Jihyo is not a stratergy to win. And Jieun's team didn't do them any dirty.

Different with YJS's team. They got the bomb from YJS's team. Usually, YJS's team will be chosen as a payback. After all, Haha lost to YJS in a humiliated way and LKS played dirty while wrestled with JK. And there were two male members which makes it is more ideal for YJS's team to be chosen. Also it is funnier if YJS and LKS get punish due to their reaction.

But JK's team went for Ji Eun's which is weird because JK usually can't bear for females to be punish (there were Ji Eun and Ji Hyo in that group). I think we can agree JK has some sort of authority to influence his members to chose which group to be punish right? If my theory is true, most probably Jieun was not his target since there was JSJ who egged Jieun to talk and said sting remarks (i.e Somin leading people on group blind date) about Somin. Haha was saved since he was in the same group as JK.

After all JK already did this when he influenced Park Mi Sun to throw water to KS instead of Somin in ep 495.

Note: It is interesting to notice that Be Melodramatic is a drama that Somin likes in ep 513 but also becomes JK's favourite in ep 527. 

• Like 12
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

I’ll be honest and admit lately I haven’t been watching the running man episodes completely. I skipped a lot since personally don’t like the new style of episodes or idk maybe I’m just burned out since I’ve watched RM every Sunday for a year. I mostly just skip around for scenes that look interesting and to catch some kookmin hahaha. So I don’t have a lot to say these days but I do bring you a link for the KBS joy my name interview, now subtitled to English. 

Kbs joy Somin

This is the same interview where the host recommended KJK to Somin lol from the 7:50 and forward you can see the conversation.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I liked the episode. Yes, the whole victim mentality thing was unnecessary, but no fault of the guest since the members wanted her to say something by constantly mentioning it. 

But for me, the fun parts of the episode overshadowed it. Sechan Somin Subin was a killer combo, Subin even trended. The other members and guests did a great job too.

The members could have avoided bringing up somin with Ji Eun as it was clearly making her uncomfortable. But the topic did give her plenty of screentime, so it served a purpose. 

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. Better than 526. Not much Kookmin except the beginning, but that's fine. Hope KJK's back gets better !! 

• Like 9

I thought I was the only one who will be sensitive about what happened to jsm in this episode. I don't really like how that guest told those things about somin and used the word "victim mentality" 'cause I am pretty sure that somin's haters will use that scene as an opportunity to hate on somin. I can also feel that somin is uncomfortable when the members said what that guest told them in the van. I was also a bit upset when the members keep on trying to bring it up considering that somin has gone through a lot last episodes. Yes, it gave her screentime and I usually don't worry with those type of things because I know that somin will be able to take it well. But this is a more personal matter and I am really worried what somin's haters can do about it. 

Overall, I'm still glad that somin, sechan, and sunbin's team won. Also, somin did really well in the jenga game. 

Edited by 9012
  • Like 12

527-1.jpg

It is not very clear in this photo but JK was smiling watching Somin celebrated her winning.

527-2.jpg

But PD purposely put this solemn face of him as if this is his actual reaction. So misleading. Even KS smiled while watching them.

Haha's reaction interesting though. While Somin's team celebrating, Haha said 'Ish, mouya' with annoyed smile and looked at JK. His face instantly became serious when he saw JK was smiling. 

Spoiler

I'm bored. So I decide to compile this to cheer us all.

Drama Be Melodramatic

513-Somin-favourite-drama.jpg

Ep 513: He said Be Melodramatic is a drama that Somin likes. Notice that is Somin who likes it. Not him.

527-JK-favourite-drama.jpg

Ep 527: He recognized Somin's friend from Be Melodramatic drama. Now, he said he loves that drama. Meaning he also watched what Somin likes and also liking what Somin likes. I love Somin's gaze. This is what I mean when I said the way Somin looks at him.

Somin wore make up

496-Somin-wore-make-up.jpg

Ep 496: Somin told him she wore make up on that day and he became her spokeperson by telling this info to everyone.

517-Somin-wore-make-up.jpg

Ep 517: YJS teased Somin wore make up because of SC but JK debunked this by saying she already been like that since yesterday (ep 516 where SC was absent). He noticed Somin also wore make up yesterday (ep 516)

527-Somin-wore-make-up.jpg

Ep 527: JK mentioned the blusher that she wore. That is very attentive of him to notice this little detail about her.

Other little detail he remember

524-He-remember.jpg

Ep 524: He remembered the story that Somin told about how she took care of her ex bf who injured his finger. Same as the waffle shop near her house. He makes effort to listen, remember and notice little things about her.

Collection: 'When everyone s focus, we are in our own world'

514.jpg

Ep 514: Ahh... I forgot about this moment. Rare occasion when Somin is the one who's being sweet.

526.jpg

Ep 526

527-3.jpg

Ep 527

• Like 9
  • Awesome 4

I don't know..... for a person who is very passionate about soccer and pride himself a good player, how can he miss the goal? His reason was he pull back because worry it's a water ball. Maybe to protect his injured ankle, but just got the vibe... maybe he don't want to win so badly? :smirk:

NpmwQND.jpg

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

It is not very clear but JK was smiling watching Somin celebrated her winning. 

But PD purposely put this solemn face of him as if this is his actual reaction. So misleading. Even KS smiled while watching them.

Hide contents

He definitely smiles and nod after that. It is strange though why they pick Sukjin's team when it's always Kwangsoo vs Jongkook. Besides that, they got the card from Kwangsoo' team. Even the guest said "Did we do something wrong?"

• Like 11

Wow. I'm quite surprise that I'm still a kookmin shipper for this long time and every time seeing them together, it still gives me butterflies. I'm quite down lately with the issue of Somin's haters and how they're growing in a fast rate.

But watching these two with subtle caring gestures esp JK, whether JK and Somin are together or not, Somin has friends who'll be there for her in good and bad times. I feel so reassured with just that. I've grown to like and care for Somin more than I thought I would be. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Screenshot-20201106-165219-Instagram.jpg

I thought this is just a normal sunset sky post. Turned out to be, he was heading to Busan and pretty sure he snapped this photo while riding KTX.

20201108-130005.jpg

20201108-130033.jpg

And this is Somin's IG post from 2 weeks ago. She rode KTX before / after RM Jeju filming. 

Usually I will just ignore this since it was taken 2 weeks apart. After all, posting about sunset sky has become his kind of thing. But it is just interesting when he also snap a photo with same vibe (sun, cloud) while riding KTX.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 6

The slap hand game during opening seems so simple but it highlighted two things.

1) Somin is just a friend to Sechan

Well, for me, there is no confusion about this. This is just another proof that Somin and Sechan is only friend. Sechan didn't even hesitate to push Somin to face JK in that slap hand match. He knows how strong JK is and how delicate Somin is but that is not a problem for him to ask Somin to face JK:joy:.

2) JK's treatment to Somin is different

In that slap hand game, there were Somin and JH. Both ladies are close to him. But how he treat Somin is special. He didn't have any problem to slap JH's hand. But when he had to slap Somin's hand, he hesitated. He even more hesitated when Somin went to 'oppa~~' him. Since when he has mercy for this kind of game? He even didn't give this mercy to Somin when Kookmin still wasn't that close.

Somin pulled her hand and made some noise. JK immediately smiled. No need to slap her hand anymore :joy:. His next target was JH again. Now, we can see his normal self. No mercy at all even it is JH, a lady. 

• Like 14
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

This episode doesn't have many kookmin moments. Also, even though some parts are fun, I felt like the episode is boring. Although, it's kinda understandable because the pd seems to want the members enjoy the last episode in jeju. 

• Like 6

I have been a silent reader here just because I love Somin's interactions with the OG members and one that caught my interest is with JK himself. It is a different type of interaction and they work well together. 

I also agree that RM has become a little...uninteresting in the last few episodes. I don't even watch it through. I mainly skip through it or not watch at all. Could be because of my previous statement (my interest in seeing Somin interact with the OGs) but I've noticed Somin has been pushed to YSC as some sort of safety net. Since they came on the show together I realise they are really good friends. The way I see it if the pd let's everyone be natural and interact freely it will be more fun. Maybe this time they want to cater to certain audiences. I've even noticed their YouTube channel changed to cater to Korean audiences a bit more (since Somin kept getting hate even though she brought in views to that channel too) so from their point of view they want to cater to everybody.

The whole hand slapping game reminded me of when JK had to flog Somin (after they had gotten close) and he didn't want to because she was a Dongsaeng he came to adore (or something like that). When previously when he flogged her he didn't show much reaction whilst everyone flinched for Somin.

Last thing before I go, I think JK definitely has a soft spot for JSM. I also think they are both very much aware of the age difference esp JK maybe. But like JSK said, they may end up dating each other if they don't find anyone else lol

Edited by Lulu lolly
  • Like 9
  • Awesome 1