"Ears game"

YJS to KJK: you can make any woman fall for you, right?

JSM reaction

unYw6Bg.gif

YJS to KJK: Have you ever dated one of our guests?

JSM little reaction

XTxuESt.gif

HH to KJK: The woman you dated ... i know her too, right?

KJK to HH: Yes, or course. You know her.

JSM Reaction.

jUnyovY.gif

• Like 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Edit: better quality...      

Once again  . . . sub spoilers.   I won't be able to do this every weekend, but I just had to share (so enjoy the Kookmin moments).  Besides,  these sub spoilers are never as good as watching the epis

That awkward moment when you got caught staring at your "crush" and now you have to pretend like you're looking at someone else.   

So this was the most interesting scene for me (cat ear "truth" game).  Kookmin might not have played against each other but interesting stuff was said.  Spoilers with subs below.  This also includes my analysis of the scene above. Thank you @MandelBrot your gifs are so wonderful!!! :issohappy:

Spoiler

So here is the game description. Not sure if this is really a thing or something they made up for the show?  Sometimes the ears moved like they were crazy even when people were not playing the game.  Disclaimer: so I don't take any of this too seriously.  However, the words and body language are something that I paid attention too. 

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-14-19-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-14-19-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-11-52-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-12-41-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-13-22-PM.pn

Okay, so the basic of the ears are explained.  I will point out that being nervous, which causes excitement can make the ears twitch but everyone focuses on the idea that it shows that you are interested in that person.  This is the more fun/entertaining (good for TV) way of interpreting, but at times I really think YSC and JSM are just nervous.  The reason I believe this, is based on how I respond to be accused of something, which is that I laugh (a lot) and it appears as a confession/admission (no I am not confessing or lying to the person).  However, I am usually just so surprised by the question that it makes me nervous and it comes out as laughter.  I know that this is only based on my experience, but it always makes me hesitant to accept laughter as you are hiding something (like a secret desire haha). 

The first round really focuses on Chanmin (mostly YSC harboring real feelings for JSM).  At the beginning, JSM ears twitch slightly when asked about interest in YSC.  This made YSC bold in his questions (mostly to joke around), but he did ask to come over and then asked about eating rameyon at her place.  Her ears moved but slightly.  Everyone acted like this was a showing of interest.  I was surprised that he asked and I can only imagine how JSM felt (hence small ear movement).  However, then it back fired on YSC because when it was JSM's turn (his cat ears were twitching/moving all over the place).  She just had to hold his hands and look at him, and the boy was gone (haha not surprising).  During all of this, KJK was not silent.  When everyone is talking at once and they are loud it is always difficult for me to distinguish who is saying what in the subtitles.  The one thing that I know clearly from the show is the sound of KJK's voice when he is excited and not pleased "YAA" (seriously I can hear it in my head now). This only lasted a second and then he was asking questions, like "Why are your ears moving? Why are you so excited?".  Everybody was wondering the same.  I will say that he did not seem upset at all about what was going on even when asking the questions (most of the time he was laughing hysterically like everyone else).  He did want Rose to try to see if she could get the same reaction out of YSC and she couldn't.  This is to me is not surprising to me, YSC was already rejected by her (more or less) and honestly I think YSC is always a little more nervous with JSM and any perceived flirting when KJK is around (at least history shows that . . . hmm I wonder why?). 

Sidenote: Haha was so annoyed with YSC for not being able to control his ears. 

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-16-09-PM.pn

So YSC should be paying attention to JSM but where is he looking?  Oh. . . hello KJK!  What is KJK's response to what he is seeing?

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-16-26-PM.pn

This is such an interesting response and tone. 

Now he is paying attention to JSM and not YSC. 

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-20-42-PM.pn

Those ear twitches can get you into trouble.  JSM cannot make eye contact with YSC (some could take this as interest or nervous and not knowing what to do).  

What I find interesting is that right after this question is asked, her first reaction is to turn away (and coincidently or not) and face/look at KJK. 

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-21-38-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-21-38-PM.pn

Ears might have been moving, but I am not sure that it is the reason everyone thinks (again if you are putting stock into electronic cat ears).  The body language/movement and words will always matter more to me, but then I am on the Kookmin ship haha. 

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-24-18-PM.pn

This question came from KJK to YSC (a lot of people were wondering the same).  This was weird because if they are in LL why would people be so upset with him?

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-24-18-PM.pn

The first question in the image above was also asked by KJK (almost immediately after the one above).  LKS is also shocked by this and again my head goes what is the big deal if they are suppose to be a LL.  Oh wait, that is right they killed all the official LL last week because everyone sees them as sisters. 

Again, KJK never seemed mad and just laughed at all the crazy.  I will say that he did not laugh as much when it was his turn (and neither did JSM).  This next scene is my favorite part in the episode. 

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-33-20-PM.pn

JSM saying calming and encouraging words to KJK. 

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-33-20-PM.pn
Once again, she is so sweet!  Is anyone going to point out that he is not on her team.   I give up, because they cannot help themselves at this point (they only know how to support one another).

YSJ starts off with the first and second question for KJK (he is so sunk). 

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-34-49-PM.pn

Look at JSM's face.

Yes . . .Yes he does (haha that smile), but he would be right to think that. 

The second question. 

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-36-46-PM.pn

Please keep in mind that JSM was originally a guest (yes I know it could be any number of KJK guest ships). 

Look at JSM, everyone is freaking out and she is just sitting there with a frozen smile (interpret it how you will but it is not natural based on the way others were reacting). 

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-36-24-PM.pn

This last statement by YSJ is weird, in that I know something, but I cannot reveal it way.  What didn't you say about them or the situation? Why are you emphasizing that they were (past tense) a guest.  Hella weird/suspicious. 

This one is brought to you by Haha (please once again note JSM). 

Screen-Shot-2020-10-18-at-12-38-21-PM.pn

Okay so Haha used the past tense (as in KJK is no longer dating her) in the first image.  So if it is not JSM, then hypothetically it is over, but he still knows this person.  KJK seems very calm right now.  So, I don't think that talking about this person is upsetting to KJK (maybe she was not significant to him, it was long ago, or everyone knows about this and it is no big deal). 

Out of everything that has been discussed (all of the shock and laughter) this is the funniest thing to JSM.  She either had a frozen smile or we could not see her reactions until this one.  Also, KJK cool as cucumber does not deny it and goes on to add. 

Well, who ever she is Haha knows her and for some reason I get the feeling that JSM knows as well.  

Last weeks episode had a lot of kookmin moments, which is why I expected this one to have less (either editing and the fact BP are major guests).  However, there are moments even when there are not suppose to be with these two.  Also, I feel like every week YJS is trying to either undermine official LL (past and present) with the help of the others, and Haha wants the world to know that KJK is off the market.  As always, I am looking forward to next week.  It will probably take a couple more episodes before we are allowed (due to editing) to get more kookmin moments (usually when they don't have a guest).    

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

Did anyone fluent in hangul here? Haha used the term 형수-Hyungsu (wife/gf of elder brother) in his question to JK. Did this term applicable to past GFs?

Not fluent but Haha always uses “sister in law” when talking about a potential wife or serious girlfriend for Jongkook. So it could be applicable to anyone lol 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Catch-22 said:

So this was the most interesting scene for me (cat ear "truth" game).  Kookmin might not have played against each other but interesting stuff was said.  Spoilers with subs below.  This also includes my analysis of the scene above.

As usual your analysis is Super Awesome!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In  the second game, in chanmin part, since there were lots of conversation going on, I extracted the part that JK said.

Before the game started and SC-Somin held hands.

"A lot of your gums are showing today"

Somin the target.

When Rose asked if she likes SC

"They(ears) keep moving

SC asked what will she do today and she answered she will be at home. But SC's ears moved several times

"야! 이놈의 새끼 (Ya! Inomi sekki) - Ya! You punk!"

"Why yours(why SC ears moved)?"

"She'll be home. Why do they(ears) move?"

SC the target

When Somin held SC's hands

"Is she touching him?"

Basically, to summarize the oppas reaction to chanmin part "SC ya, why the heck are you responding to her?? You shouldn't!!! "

Not even one of them encourage chanmin to try it out. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Who's hand touching KJK in next week episode? I think likely is JSM, she was standing beside KJK in one of the scene..... We'll know next week :smirk:

hGS3tow.jpg

Spoiler

During JSM opening dance, LKS was talking about getting goosebump and KJK was impatient in pushing him away, "Don't block my view of JSM!" :wub:

y9dZanR.jpg

And someone posted in IG that JSM was facing the other way, different from BP members. Hmm... maybe she's facing someone who's standing on her left?

JlaKs3T.jpg

Next 2 photos are not clear, sorry.

During the bus trip, they were joking with JSJ and JSM turned back to talk to HH.

TMiSfcF.jpg

Suddenly KJK who was quite active, become interested in the side talk...

qsp81Jg.jpg

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2

I didn't watch the fortune telling episode  with jsm and her 'my name' costar but based on the articles, seo jang hoon did ask so min about se chan and jong kook.

jang hoon told jsm that she seems like the kind who is ready for marriage. but he told her that should be careful with men and that people with huge expectations about romance like her can end up in the wrong relationship. she might think this is the man in my destiny and end up choosing wrong. jsm then said that she is unable to meet the right man and though she is able to throw the bait, she is not able to catch it.  jang hoon then suggested that so min should go for men with clear personalities and suggested se chan and jong kook. i am not sure about this since there are conflicting articles. some say this was her response to both ysc and kjk, some say this was her response to just ysc. the detailed article mentions this as her response to ysc and since kjk was brought up separately, perhaps this is what was said? so min was asked about se chan and she said that if it doesn't happen in 3 months, it won't happen. jang hoon then told her that it is too quick. so min then said that men when they get to know her well find her better as a friend than a girlfriend. then jang hoon asked her to go for jong kook since he never does things women hate. so min then said he exercises too much and doesn't drink and play around? lee soo geun agreed with so min saying if kjk never did what women hated, he never did what women liked either. then her costar said so min should go for a man who has stopped playing around. but then soo geun said a guy who has once played around will always play around.

so min also talked about how she feels empty even in her happy moments and cannot find the balance between work and relaxation. she likes working but when she works too much, she doesn't feel any emotion and that when she relaxes too much, that doesn't work either. jang hoon advised her to feel happy in the small moments and not look for big achievements to get her happiness.

jsm was here to promote her movie, so that needs to be taken into consideration. she is also discussing her love fortune on a variety show and i am yet to watch the episode, so there are no body language clues. but yeah, we have to keep an open mind. sometimes, i get the feeling it could be a some that hasn't gone anywhere definite, so lots of uncertainty all around which could explain their contrasting opinions on exercise and so min searching for blind dates. then there are those weird times when  i wonder if they could be dating. but the first option could be more plausible.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 5

All I can say, is the fact KJK is mentioned in connection (potential partner) with JSM remotely seriously on any public tv show is something new. On MUD, she doesn’t exist unless KJK calls or mentions her, and only YSJ “jokingly” mentioned them as a potential couple almost a year ago or less.  I wonder if other people (Korean citizens) are noticing the Kookmin moments more and this is why it is mentioned, or if something else is responsible?  I haven’t seen the episode, but he could be joking like YJS, but it doesn’t sound like it.  Again, I am pleasantly surprised they are linked together, but I will have to watch the episode (look at body language, tone, and words) before I get too happy or upset. 

• Like 6

Just like @Catch-22 emphasized, I think it is quite important that this is the very first platform where Somin gets recommended to think of KJK as a potential partner. Running man (other than times YJS jokes about KJK liking Somin or Kookmin getting married) does not link Kookmin as potential serious partners. Somin gets recommended Sechan, Seho etc.. KJK gets recommended SJH, HJY etc...They have their own list but that never have they been mentioned together or linked in a romantic flirting relationship. Whenever there is a fortune teller episode, Somin gets linked to Sechan or Kwangsoo. Even after being told that she has luck with older men in her last fortune, the members did not link her to KJK (whom would have been a candidate)but they focused on Sechan (who doesn’t meet the criteria). Thus, having KJK being recommended to Somin is somehow quite a big thing here for me. We will have to see in detail and examine her body language, tone and etc, like @Catch-22 said, but this is either a mega leap in Kookmin’s relationship or potentially the end of the ship. We just have to see. 

• Like 7

you can watch this https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1QZ4y1G7G7?from=search&seid=1866937954947069884 from 7:51

waiting for the subs, but this is what i understood.

jsm's answer to both ysc and kjk is that if it doesn't happen in 3 months, it is not possible. when kjk gets mentioned, her costar also looks a bit curious and not completely convinced when jsm crosses her hands. then jsm insists he is just oppa. after that, in response to seo jang hoon who talks about the 3 months, she responds to how when people get to know her closely, they think she is better as a friend. after that, jang hoon again brings up kjk saying he is more suited for her. he doesn't do anything that women hate. then soo geun says kjk never does anything which women like and jsm agrees. after that, jang hoon asks something like he is only exercising, so what is wrong with that? then i believe jsm says, 'but he exercises too much.' 

i get the feeling jang hoon has heard a lot about jsm because his analysis of her 'she wants to get married quickly', 'she is extremely romantic' all need to come from somewhere. after all, he is not a fortune teller by profession. of course, as a host, this is information he will have to collect, so may not be a surprise. still, i don't know why he was so into it, repeatedly bringing up kjk and suggesting he is suited for her. he drops ysc quickly, but keeps on talking about kjk. well, he knows kjk more than ysc and he is doing a show where kjk is one of the ugly ducklings. he has also done that to jessi while on mud. still, this was a bit weird.  it is again to kjk that her costar reacts and not ysc. 

i am not sure what to feel about it. when jsm has denied things with lks, ysc as well as odm, there has been an element of truth to them. it is a variety show and she is promoting her movie and her costar. of course, with chanmin and her movie promotion on line, the last thing she would do is confirm even if she likes kjk. however, wouldn't that be obvious to jang hoon as well, who has been an entertainer for a while now? why did he keep asking her about kjk? :sweatingbullets: this was like he wanted her to date kjk!

jsm's next sixth sense episode is with cha tae hyun. let's see if he asks her anything. btw any idea when this 'ask me anything' episode was shot.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

When Jang Hoon mentioned Jong Kook name, Choi Jung Won (co-star) said to Somin "잘 어울린다 야~ (jal eoullinda ya~) - It suits you well~ / a good match~." But then Somin denied it by saying "아니야 싫어 (aniya siro) - No, I don't like it." And goes saying he's like an "oppa" to her. 

The old me (younger me) well be so heartbroken right now but not anymore lol. Dating or not I'll just going to enjoy their chemistry and support their decision :)    

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

Janghoon seems the most opposed for somin and Choi jungwon pairing when jungwon himself asked: how are we together? And for some reason, although it could be an overstretch, why do I feel like, her casting on such shows have a weird correlation with those people already being close to kjk oppa(in this case, janghoon n kjk oppa r really close acquaintances). Again, that could be just me. Somin’s denial for kjk oppa got me a lil flustered, but, somehow made me think that they(janghoon and kjk friends) know something about kjk oppa’s inclination/equation with somin, even if it’s one-way or two-ways. Worst case is we believe somin and say they might have friend zoned each other already. A little less worrying is the scenario that they are still in the getting-to-know each other beyond-friend phase. Most positive case is that, kjk oppa recommended somin for her promotion or janghoon got in touch with somin via kjk oppa to cast somin, which then suggests there is something. I am saying this, because casting for Korean variety shows are normally straightforward with close colleagues seen more often on each other’s shows.  My head and heart goes into full roller coaster every time I think about Kookmin. Let hope there is still light at the end. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

The denial doesn’t really bother me. What I’m really surprised about is the fact that Jongkook was even mentioned as a potential love match for her. They have no loveline and nothing that really publicly indicates they could have something going on. Yet Janghoon picked him as a match for her.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Some of you guys may think the ship is sinking. I do feel so. But lets not despair and be happy for their decisions. And the interview is really funny and cute. 

I do also felt the observation of Somin's co-star and Janghoon mention about Jong kook, their expression and comments are quite interesting that they are like us finding Kookmin chemistry very charming that there is something special between the two. 

People do forget that Somin has best compatibility with jong kOok among running man members. Jong Kook's rating with Jihyo is around 98 percent. So I suspect that Somin-Jong Kook may be higher. However, the following year, Kookmin became closer, the fortune telling shift to Somin-Sechan. Then last year was Somin-Sechan but the fortune teller said one more thing: Somin has ties with someone older, not younger or same age as her. 

It is really interesting that over the years, Jong Kook and Somin have become closer. (The fortune teller told Jong Kook before Somin and Sechan joined RM, that Jong kook needs to stop over analysing and look with open mind. He did start to analyse Somin. At first it was harsh then later on he started to get curious. And Somin's personality really opens up Jong Kook). I thought he was going to leave Running Man around in a year due to his injuries, busy schedule, and more variety offers. And he stayed on, and he looks energised and happier. He is more talkative and easy going. He is started to take more risks. He's character became more balanced. And Somin became closer and closer to him. It was an interesting journey to see. 

A lot of women came to say that Jong kook exercises way too much. Jong Kook even said that he hopes to find someone who would let him exercise. And let him to do his own thing, and his wife to do on her own. That is how he perceived a perfect relationship. But I do notice that Jong kook's heart is looking for more than that. He is like torn in between what he loves to do, and the woman who stole his heart. A woman who made him happier. I do notice Somin and Jong kook has sweet and sour bond. They just knock each other egos so many times. It was so refreshing to see. Jong kook really does exercise too much, but I do notice that he loves being in love that he will give everything in. He is very cautious about opening his heart, and breaking his heart. Somin is giving him heads up that she is not going to open up unless he will give in all. I dont think Somin wants him to give up exercising at all. I think she is asking him to tone it down, and do something creative with her. I think Jong kook has not open up yet. He is observing and searching. So I think for now, they are not dating. it is more like, they like each other but didnt know they really match each other well with personality, humour, and chemistry. 

Somin's heart, i believe is very fragile. She called three months period of friendship to romance to make it work out which is bit too short. It is like to me, some people have long friendship, but when they get married, they break up all of sudden. It does happen. However, the way I see Somin- Jong Kook/Sechan, they are in business relationship. It is hard to mix with private and business romance together especially in entertainment field. And also Somin is an actress. She likes melodramas. To be able to get offers, it is better for actress' to have single status to allow lovelines and no string attached. Somin's getting older though but still ripe age for Korean entertainment world. 

If Somin sees bigger picture, between Jong kook and Sechan, they are both actually good for her. They will both be devoted to her. The way she prefers to hang out with-- it would be more of Sechan or ODM. If Jong Kook is willing or not sacrificing that he will spend more time with her instead of exercising, I think she'll open her heart to him. Remember in MUD that Jong Kook said he wasnt happy when Somin said some women doesnt like guys who work out too much. Jong Kook gave reasoning with his friends about it. It tells me that he's not giving that up. He would go out of town and go to hotel and work out. He will go to hotel that has gyms. Somin's rational mind and logic felt that they would fight about why go on a vacation to work out in gym. It does look like he hasnt open up to Somin yet. And Somin is not looking to further into romance with him in that reasoning. I find it cute that jong kook was so bothered with what somin said. And he still talks about it. He wants to rationalise and reason to keep his passion, and hope she will accept it. I mean there are many other women wouldn't mind. Their chemistry is undeniably cute. Kwangsoo said one time before about kook-min after the first fortune telling episode, Kookmin is like a couple who fought, and made up by kissing passionately. Jaesuk had to interrupt him. HaHa was mentioning how close they were when Kook-min were cats and dogs.

The thing is that, sometimes your soul mate is not always about perfect partnership or same personality or want the same thing. It is something intangible in their destiny. There is term like opposite do attract. Sometimes the person change after they met a person. It just the law of attraction trying to put two stubborn, broken heart souls together. Kookmin is one of them. My parents are very compatible in their fortune telling charts, but their personality and tastes and wants are total opposite. They do fight. They annoy each other. But they couldn't live without each other.  They thought they wouldn't end up together because they want entirely different things and path. However, they still care about each other. Their family and friends have put them together. It is quite similar of how I see the chemistry and destiny of Kookmin. 

If they choose other partners, I wish them well. For now in present, enjoy the chemistry!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I could be in denial or stubborn but her denial didn't add up to the equation. I will believe that denial without fuss if kookmin act like in Somin's first year in RM or the casual kookmin in her second year. But they did not. I noticed, you guys noticed, neighbour shippers noticed, non shipper viewers also start to notice.

If you guys remember, after her hiatus, there was few episodes where both of them unsually close, stick together and JK acted very daring ( :warning:crowded her from back and grabbed her hand, hold her shoulder to protect her from haha's water balloon, playfully pinched her ears and tapped her forehead).

Then suddenly, they distanced themselves, stood apart, sat far away from one to another. Then PD went extra in editing when both of them together. Heck, even promotion video for SBS Youtube channel, both of them got edited out.

Why? If we notice, for sure the cast also notice. Pretty sure there was some talk going on bts. And the kookmin themselves surely also notice from the buzz create by us. Somin who got burnt by public relationship before i believe will become extra cautious. Hence, the distance approach.

When some feel heartache because of their distance, i don't feel worry because i kinda agree with their action. They were getting very obvious. Getting caught red handed means disaster.

So, nothing weird when she denied in this show. This is the first time they got linked together outside of RM. Pretty sure it caught her of guard. Someone mentioned that she even denied her relationship with Yoon Hyun Min  but that guy was the one who first open his mouth. That is why their relationship went public. Therefore that denial can be doubt.

Somin might be the less obvious but the eyes when she secretly look at him tells it all. JK the obvious one. He is a jerk/playboy if he dare to (refer to :warning:above) on national TV where everyone can see if she is just a colleague/dongsaeng to him. But he is not. He is very well known by his politeness, gentleman character and will not do things woman hate (Seo Jang Hoon said himself).

The nature of kookmin relationship before her hiatus, even they were very close, there is this some wall between them in terms of skinship. JK didn't really dare to casually grab her shoulder, headlock her like he did to JH. At most he did to Somin just tap her arms or shoulder. When he did those heart fluttering actions, pretty sure he dare to do that only because he has the right and previlege. 

Note: For the person who asked, she filmed that show on 25th September

Edit: After thinking about it, how this 3 months rule of her applicable to JK? Their case is special. The first 3 months they worked together, both of them acted like stranger. So, with JK, how could she determined whether she has romantic feeling for him and should date or just remain as friend after 3 months? In fact, she couldn't even pass the first stage, which is becoming his friend due to JK's aloofness. Basically, in JK's case, this principle of her becomes obsolete. With SC, yes. They became bestfriend from beginning. So, to deny JK using this rule just doesn't seems believable.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1