[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

icyphoenix

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, ii panda said:

Well, I think Ms. Han should start making up for that weakness so that our OTP can start their pretend dating as an excuse. Lol. 

I usually like romance as a side story only (I do not like these cheesy mainly-romance dramas) but for some reason, I want these 2 to date and marry each other and have little YDs and SHs asap. With the way they deal with their conflicts and differences and such, they are potential happy-ever-after couple. 

So agree! I know it's a bit out of order to even be  romantically involved at the moment given how serious the situation is, but even when they were in separate locations, just unknowingly smiling at each other, they just seemed really adorable! Just date already!!!

On 9/29/2019 at 8:00 AM, thistle said:

It shows Han's hubris (unchecked arrogance, excessive pride).  This is the clue to what should be her eventual downfall.  To me this makes sense because she has to have some vulnerability.  Rather than being a loophole, it is a plot point.    If she did not have this fatal flaw, she would be unbeatable. 

If you notice, Ms. Han has dropped the ball a couple of times here lately. For some reason, her stern exterior is starting to crack, and I think it is because she sees what she perceives to be the light at the end of the tunnel. Part of her arrogance is the belief that once she has something on someone, some secret or weakness, she can just use that to control them. It worked with CNR, and she believes it worked with SH as well. She knows that Mr. Han is older and ready to pass the torch and so now she has set her sights on WS, who up until now has been relatively quiet and obedient. Even her finding out about the cross dressing is icing on the cake for her because it can be used to control things behind the scenes and get her way. This will definitely play a role in her downfall because truthfully WS is a ticking time bomb ready to explode. He has lived his life in hiding for so long and now he is expected to be a corporate puppet for the rest of his life? I get the feeling his older brother is going to step in and help him in some way.

I really don't like loose ends in a drama. They bring about too much angst, and right now the biggest loose end are those two reporters and the fact that they know YD's real identity. It was really annoying how they ignored all of the things that were going on with the company but diligently went on a quest to find out about YD. If that double agent tells lover girl about YD's identity, I will never forgive him. YD came to them like a man and was honest about his identity and how he just wants to clear his mother's name. They owe him that much humanity to keep it to themselves and not put him and his mother's life in danger. I think SH and YD need to do some digging on Dr. Han, get on offense.

hey guys! i just started the drama and i'm still confused how the mo siblings are related. i know they all share the same dad, but how is SH the "legitimate" heir when she's younger than her two older brothers? was the stepmother (i'm assuming the older two share the same mom aka stepmom) a mistress before SH's mom died? i'm v confused lmao

2 hours ago, auberon said:

hey guys! i just started the drama and i'm still confused how the mo siblings are related. i know they all share the same dad, but how is SH the "legitimate" heir when she's younger than her two older brothers? was the stepmother (i'm assuming the older two share the same mom aka stepmom) a mistress before SH's mom died? i'm v confused lmao

SH's mom is the first wife but was kicked out by 2nd wife coz she couldn't provide SH's dad with a son. 2nd wife had 2 sons--WS and WJ. Then SH from 1st wife and finally, SJ from 3rd wife (actress Choi Na-Ri). 

1 minute ago, ii panda said:

SH's mom is the first wife but was kicked out by 2nd wife coz she couldn't provide SH's dad with a son. 2nd wife has 2 sons--WS and WJ. Then SH from 1st wife and finally, SJ from 3rd wife (actress Choi Na-Ri). 

ah so WS and WJ were technically illegitimate before their mother became the second wife? thank you!!

34 minutes ago, auberon said:

ah so WS and WJ were technically illegitimate before their mother became the second wife? thank you!!

Yes I think the second wife was a mistress when she had WS and WJ so meanwhile mo was still married to SH’s mom even though she didn’t have SH till the mistress already had her sons. By the time Sh was born though, the first wife moved out and the second wife moved in (I’m assuming..might be wrong on all this so don’t want to make any guarantees but this is my presumption).  It’s even been debated that WS (eldest son) was from a different father hence why they push so much for WJ to be the heir.

Graceful Family night today. 10 episodes have passed. Because I find the drama interesting, I didn't notice that the episodes have passed by so fast. Episode 11 should be interesting and glad so far the ratings for this drama has been good.

2 hours ago, monica63 said:

Graceful Family night today. 10 episodes have passed. Because I find the drama interesting, I didn't notice that the episodes have passed by so fast. Episode 11 should be interesting and glad so far the ratings for this drama has been good.

I was also really surprised to realize that we are already past episode 10!  Only 6 episodes left.  I wonder what shenanigans the Mo family will be up to next.  Seems like we also really, really need to get more into the romance here.

Besides hoping for more romance, I am also hoping that we don't have to wait as long for subs this week.  It was nearly two days before 10 subs arrived, so I got all impatient.

@thistle @monica63

I agree that the episodes have flown. The story has been that interesting. But I keep thinking that this show is longer than 16 episodes. How they are going to wrap things up well in the next 6 episodes will be the final determining factor for this show. Many dramas start fantastic but peter out in the end because the writer wrote them selves into a corner and could not find a way out of it.

I do like the pace our drama is going. We are getting close to the end yet nothing feels like it’s dragging. On the contrary yes I wish we even had more eps. But hopefully everything is neatLy wrapped up and there aren’t any loose ends by the last ep.

13 minutes ago, thistle said:

I'm gonna have to wait for subs. But I wanna know about today's episode Now.

Anyone got spoilers?  Please!  :cookie: ;)

just want to know if there are any cute OTP scenes. rest of the manipulations and wacky behaviour by this dysfunctional family can be relished later. hahahaha....

2 hours ago, thistle said:

I'm gonna have to wait for subs. But I wanna know about today's episode Now.

Anyone got spoilers?  Please!  :cookie: ;)

I have a spoiler for you. Mo Wan Jun, heir to the throne of the MC Group, is TRANSGENDER.

^I'm dead serious by the way. The majority of this episode was focused on this "scandal". Lol.

1 hour ago, kapneemo said:

I have a spoiler for you. Mo Wan Jun, heir to the throne of the MC Group, is TRANSGENDER.

^I'm dead serious by the way. The majority of this episode was focused on this "scandal". Lol.

Okay, we know that.  But that is what I want to see, anyway.  Also, if he has a boyfriend etc. 

1 hour ago, kapneemo said:

And I think the eldest outs him at a family dinner or allude to it without mentioning WJ particularity while bringing up transgender topic.

@thistle also Chingu it seems like the reporter found footage of WJ leaving her moms house years ago before  the murder. But WJ denies ever meeting her when she confront him about it. SH is using her knowing the secret too to keep ms ha on her toes, because I think ha told WJ to stop cross dressing and keep it secret forever so it doesn’t leak out. But now that she got a whiff that SH knows, she wants to send her abroad (I’m just assuming based on watching rawr I can be totally wrong! I wish drama milk would live recap this). 

YD shows his mom the footage too to see if she recognizes WJ. She doesn’t but then ms ha shows up in the video too and his mom recognizes her. At this point, not too many lovey doves scenes between SH and YD except when they’re in Wjs apartment snooping around and he seems to be like, empathetic with WJ about how uncomfortable it must have been to hide his identity. But no top flirting or anything romantic it seemed like unfortunately. (Haven’t finished full episode though)

5 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Okay, we know that.  But that is what I want to see, anyway.  Also, if he has a boyfriend etc. 

And what he looks like as his alternate persona!

Archived