[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

icyphoenix

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me:

Firts: Option 3

second: Option 5

Maybe Papa Mo doesn't know that Ms. Han went to see her that day. . She is who manage the all family but they don't know about her. 

1 hour ago, soesje said:

Ehm for now i think i will go with option 2 lets see what happens :blush:

@thistle  maybe the second son brought the bottle of wine with him wan soon came after, she decided to open up the bottle second wife comes in they argue dad comes in they fight bottle falls on the ground someone stabs her from the side but actually just wanted to stop the fight.. they call miss han and she needs to clean up the mess.. miss han calls the maid PTH's mom and she is framed for the murder.. the uncle is bribed with money and so the story continues..

But these questions keep consuming my mind

• why would the second wife visit suk hee's mom, she kicked her out of the mansion and now she wants what exactly?
  • why was the dad visiting suk hee's mom? and why did he ask for and destroy the case files? did he really destroy the files or is he keeping it safe in order to use it against miss Han in the end?
  • Why was wan soo even there and why did he say he didn't speak to MSH's mom alone, why did he let suk hee keep her blanket while wan joon and second wife wanted to destroy everything?

Totally agree, he needs to throws her away cause he know she wants MC for her, and she is getting dangerous. She has the control of everything. 

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

cool, have edited my post above. shall I include second wife as well then in your choice?

1) Ms Han - TBH, I don't really think the Mo family had enough reason to kill SH's mom in such a way so my theory is Ms Han orchestrated the whole thing to blackmail somebody in the Mo family (to have a degree of control over 'someone') 

2) Ms Ha (2nd wife) - she did order the doctor to overdose SH's mom so her being a murderer is a possibility

3) Mr Mo - changed my answer from WJ because I did not think his being a trans getting exposed is a strong enough motive. Why Mr. Mo? He may have an idea about his father giving the company to SH and this could have elicited a fight between him and SH's mom

My theory is that she got killed accidentally (by herself) and it blows up (Mo Family got scared,  instead of taking her to a hospital or called 911 they called Ms.Han) and inorder to clear the mess Ms.Han frame up someone to take the blame

14 minutes ago, Elfvanvan13 said:

My theory is that she got killed accidentally (by herself) and it blows up (Mo Family got scared,  instead of taking her to a hospital or called 911 they called Ms.Han) and inorder to clear the mess Ms.Han frame up someone to take the blame

Ditto! That's what I thought too. None of the family members killed her but they made it look like she was killed by someone as in staged her death

SH's mom seemed like an alcoholic and I bet she had some sort of secret which nobody knew. Wonder if it's related to SH and that's why her so called father is being cold to her from the beginning. Somehow the secret must've gotten revealed or SH's mom confessed that day. I've this crazy feeling that SH's mom's side of the story ain't so rosy either. Just thinking out loud here lol

And now for your karaoke interlude...

Just for refresher, one of my quirky hobbies is to create English lyrics of popular K-Pop songs. Like many of us, our Korean is a bit rusty...actually, well, virtually non-existent. Also like many of us, we like to sing with our favorite songs. Unfortunately, the best we can do is to hum or do the "Da DAH, da DAH DAH" during the Korean language lyrics, and only sing the ubiquitous English words in the song as we listen on.

While most K-Pop songs are translated to English, sometimes literally, from Korean, what doesn't comport is the syllables don't match the song cadence, so we have to refer to the "Da DAH" part, and it just doesn't have the emotional connection with the song. To that end, I've decided to take on many popular Korean songs, and develop English translations that match the exact CADENCE of the song. This way, you can sing English words that match the exact cadence and spirit of the original artist.

I call this process "English Cadential Translation." The translation is not necessarily literal, but is as close to the meaning of the phrase as possible, and of course matches the cadence.

Without further ado, here is "Black Diamond" (OST #1) by Lim Jeong Hee with English Cadential Translation. Note I wrote in syllables with emphasis to match Lim's performance cadence.

ha haa,,ha ha,,uh uhhh
To-NIGHT my LIFE is break-ing DOWN, NOW
I NE-VER go THERE
As NO-thing HAP-penned 'til the NIGHT, TIME
You came to my dream
FLY a-WAY, TO the SKY, FILL me WITH, YOUR de-SIRE
YOU and ME, LET's es-CAPE, TO our OWN, PAR-a-DISE
Black DI-oh-MO-O-OND
Just YOU and I, TO, that PLACE
Black DI-oh-MO-O-OND
Go to our OWN, PAR-, a-DISE
a-BOVE this DUST-y ci-ty LAND-, SCAPE
We see the sun-RISE (sun-rise)
If WE can GO and touch its LIGHT, RAYS
Will ev'-ry-thing come TRUE
FLY a-WAY, TO the SKY, TAKE me ALL, WAY to-NIGHT
YOU and ME, LET us FLY, TO our OWN, PAR-a-DISE
Black DI oh MO-O-OND
Just YOU and I, TO, that PLACE
Black DI oh MO-O-OND
Go to our OWN, PAR-, a-DISE
ha haa,,ha ha,,uh uhhh

___

One final thought. One cannot match the intensity, cheer, and pleasure of listening to the artists' brilliance sing in their natural language. As such, the only reason I created this is so we can join in the song on occasion.

If anyone has any requests for other songs, I'll be happy to create an English cadence translation for that as well. Anything to share the fun!

On 10/3/2019 at 10:59 PM, Lmangla said:

in ep 11, wan soo seemed to have gotten into a fight and instead of paying for compensation, he told wan soo to get the punishment. whereas for wan joo, they were willing to charter a jet and for his friends to party in spain. so can see them covering up for wan joo.

Based on what you said about Wan Soo having to take punishment as compared to Wan Joo, then I would say that it could not have been Wan Soo who killed Seok Hee's mom, because if he was the one then that family would not cover it up. Unlike if it was Wan Joo. But then again, we cannot say  that that was what happened since this involved murder and having a family member killing another is a big scandal. So whether or not it was one of the brothers,TOP would definitely cover it up because what is involved is the reputation and credibility of MC Group. Such scandal would inadvertently affect MC Group.

On 10/3/2019 at 3:01 PM, ktcjdrama said:

In the footage is shown that WJ, his mother, WS, Dad, then Han (in that order) showed up in front of SH’s mother’s house.

So we are back to the question: Who killed Seok Hee's mother? 

Question: Why did they all go to the villa on the same day. And did they go there at the same time?

Multiple Choice:

(1) Wan Joon -second son, transvestite (a person who dresses as that of the opposite sex),  currently Vice Chairman of MC Group.

- Being discovered as a transvestite is not really serious enough to commit murder except if he is also a homosexual/gay and is  ashamed of being exposed as such but still not reason enough to commit murder. 

- has a  temper just like his mother, exhibits it with violence.

But what does the discovery of Seok Hee's mother of him being a transvestite and homosexual have to do with him murdering her? 

(2) Ha Young Seo-2nd stepmother, mother of Wan Joon and Wan Soo

-jealousy, need to be the queen of MC Group, power hungry, wants her son to be the next Chairman and heir of MC Group, the power behind the throne, has a  temper, violent and sadistic

(3) Wan Soo -eldest son, the Director

-insecurity, labeled as a loser, always compared to his younger brother, not Chairman material, always gets into trouble as a young man  and even now.  Murdering Seok Hee's mother, what benefit does he get from it? If ever he was the one who did it, should not his parents be thankful since he removed one of the obstacles to their getting the company?

(4) Mo Cheol Hee - father of Seok Hee, currently Chairman of MC Group

-a loser in his father's eyes (just as Wan Soo is in his eyes). Maybe just maybe he could be the murderer in a fit of anger lashes out and before he knows it, Seok Hee's mother is dead.

(5) Han Je Kook/Ms. Han-TOP Director

-will do anything for MC Group. Capable of attempted murder and murder. In protecting MC Group, she could have murfered Seok Hee's mother.

From the looks of it they could have murdered Kim Seok Hee's mother together.

And Ms. Han came later to clean up. Before she entered she even looked around first.

So it may mean that the murder already took place or they were all in it together including Ms. Han. :sweatingbullets:There is no time lapse in the video.

@Lmangla

First of all Misty had a great ending :p

I like the murder in the orient express option. Sign me up. Although it would be pretty dark. Maybe it is not everybody planning it but some kind of tragic incident and everybody is somehow involved.

What was Ms Han hinting at in the conversation with the drinking son? The reason why he never could become the ceo. Could have something to do with the murder. Because i dont think she knows that he is the real father of the child?

I hope we are going to see a few more scenes that display Ms Han's psychotic behavior and personality. Her facade already started to crumble a little bit in the last episode. 

A friend is teaching me cinematography so I'm seeing the show now with new eyes. Lol. So here are my additional observation:

* Apart from the wine spill, the room is impeccable so there couldn't have been a fight. It's likely to be premeditated murder or an accident or suicide (should we put suicide as an option? Afterall, she wasn't mentally okay at that time)

* I do not know if they placed enough detail on the shadow but, the shadows on the cctv footage cast almost the same angle so unless it is unintended, the time they visited SH's mom isn't that far apart

I guess they did not put that much detail in the shadows. YD's receipt says it was 3:45pm when they parted but you can see in young YD and SH's shadow that it's around noontime.

Also, when YD's mom entered the house and found SH's mom on the flloor, it couldn't have been 6pm yet (when the incident happened according to the case file) based on the light and shadow angle. 

I don't know how criminal law in Korea works but can SH request a retrial in the absence of YD as the victim' daughter? How about as the convict's son's daughter-in-law? Absurd twist (esp that YD's is not legally his mom's son) but who cares? I just want them to get married and have SH be spoiled by YD's mom and see the couple raise little YDs and SHs. Sorry, my mind has a fastforward button. Lol :joy:

OOooohhh, this betting game should be fun! LOL

Of course everyone has a motive to kill Seok Hee's mom. There are reasons I find hard to explain as to why I am suspecting Wan Soo. I just think sometimes, those who seem to have no intent to kill often come out as the murderer. LOL but other than that, he really seems iffy to me. When Ms. Han said there was a reason he couldn't be CEO, could it be because of his past? Does he have split personality? Mental issues? And in the last episodes, he seems to be showing real interest in MC Group. Could it be possible that he didn't really intend to kill SH's mom but accidentally did? 

Although on episode 12 where SH had a sort of a mental dialogue, I started suspecting her dad too. lmao  The 2nd wife and Wan Joo have both showed malicious intent from the start. It's hard not to suspect them but the writer wouldn't make it too obvious, would he? 

Argh! I'm actually unsure at this point!!! :joy:

1 hour ago, mylovekge said:

OOooohhh, this betting game should be fun! LOL

Of course everyone has a motive to kill Seok Hee's mom. There are reasons I find hard to explain as to why I am suspecting Wan Soo. I just think sometimes, those who seem to have no intent to kill often come out as the murderer. LOL but other than that, he really seems iffy to me. When Ms. Han said there was a reason he couldn't be CEO, could it be because of his past? Does he have split personality? Mental issues? And in the last episodes, he seems to be showing real interest in MC Group. Could it be possible that he didn't really intend to kill SH's mom but accidentally did? 

Although on episode 12 where SH had a sort of a mental dialogue, I started suspecting her dad too. lmao  The 2nd wife and Wan Joo have both showed malicious intent from the start. It's hard not to suspect them but the writer wouldn't make it too obvious, would he? 

Argh! I'm actually unsure at this point!!! :joy:

WS has to be a psycho to be the murderer. But then again, this is a drama so I guess it is still possible to suspect him. Ms Han saying she can't play him 'as a card' and not liking 'someone unpredictable' as CEO sounds like mental instability to me. wouldn't be happy if he really is a murderer (I like him. He is sort of like a happy pill to me. Haha) but that's the point. Such twist will have a great impact if executed properly.

1 hour ago, ii panda said:

WS has to be a psycho to be the murderer. But then again, this is a drama so I guess it is still possible to suspect him. Ms Han saying she can't play him 'as a card' and not liking 'someone unpredictable' as CEO sounds like a mental instability to me. wouldn't be happy if he really is a murderer (I like him. He is sort of like a happy pill to me. Haha) but that's the point, such twist will have a great impact if executed properly.

Me too. While I know Seok Hee is such a bold and headstrong person, it's still nice to know she had someone by her side from the Mo family. And yea exactly my point, could he be a Schizo? Bipolar? IDK really but him having mental issues is a huge possibility. And he probably doesn't exactly remember that he killed her mom which is why they are so bent on making Wan Joo the heir because he is such a huge flaw to the family.  ETA: of course this is just a theory LOL 

55 minutes ago, mylovekge said:

Me too. While I know Seok Hee is such a bold and headstrong person, it's still nice to know she had someone by her side from the Mo family. And yea exactly my point, could he be a Schizo? Bipolar? IDK really but him having mental issues is a huge possibility. And he probably doesn't exactly remember that he killed her mom which is why they are so bent on making Wan Joo the heir because he is such a huge flaw to the family.  ETA: of course this is just a theory LOL 

Ms Han considered SH, too. Taking into account that SH's behavior is also unrestrained, why did Ms Han NOT also say that SH is unpredictable? I think 'unpredictability' stated by Ms Han here is NOT about 'freedom of expression'. So it is indeed a huge probability that WS is mentally unstable.

But than again, if WS did murder SH's mom, I do wonder why they haven't thrown him under the bus yet. Afterall, Mr Mo already expressed his going thru an offense the legal way before. The effort to bury the incident seemed too much, considering that protecting his image is not much of value to MC Group (consider his taking the fall as CNR's son's father). Rather than being murdered, I still think SH's mom committed suicide or stabbed herself accidentally. Another probability is premeditated murder (no signs of struggle in the crime scene) but I don't think Ms Han or anyone from the Mo family would go for a knife-kill unless what they want is a spectacle to blackmail someone.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:36 AM, Lmangla said:

bet name: "what happened that afternoon?" -- guess the killer:

option 1: wan joon - bathtub soaker with a heart of stone -- @tulip06 @Lmangla 

option 2: wan soo -- the director who slays with flowers -- @Bejaffled @mylovekge @philosophie @celebrianna @joccu @soesje @Cassandra E. Bett  

option 3: ms han - scavenger eagle who plans bad events over coffee - @ii panda @camichi

option 4: second wife - the singer who thinks music sounds better on ice and pain @Lmangla @ii panda 

option 5: papa mo - the bear who wants it all but always disappointed... @curly4hiro @camichi

option 6: someone outside the family / she accidentally killed herself  -- @serendipity... @Elfvanvan13

option 7: murder in orient express -- the four Mo's and Ms han. -- @thistle @10192123sangre

So my bet is:

Option 6 - I think SH's mom was killed by someone that she didn't suspect. In the flashback, she looked surprised as much as struggling to stay alive. It could've been a worker, contractor, delivery guy, someone she would come in contact with semi-regularly, but not someone in the family. However, I am adding Option 3, because they were probably paid to do it by Ms. Han. I think either way, it comes back to her. She knows everything that goes on in that family or she controls everything that goes on in that family.

So I have a thought...

What if WS didn't murder SH's Mom, but was made to think he did? This was done as a method to kill many birds with a single stone. They could blackmail WS to not want to be the successor through guilt, get rid of SH and SH's mom and thus be able to place WJ as the heir. 

@Lmangla I am joining quite late the poll but I am inclined to believe that ms. Han is the one who murdered SH's mother. So far, SH is not suspecting her at all. She just thinks that Ms. Han was sent there in order to clean up the mess. But we saw that she went to the house that day. Why? Furthermore Ms. Han mentioned the CCTV to the Mo family, well aware that they would all feel uncomfortable. They might even suspect each other. She never told them that she was there that day. By erasing the CCTV, she ensured that she wouldn't be suspected. No family member would resent her for destroying the evidence...

And here is the motive for Ms. Han. We know for sure that she was against the idea that SH becomes the heir. In my opinion, there is a reason for that. Don't forget how resentful and angry she became because MC Group ruined her career after her ruling. So it was said that she was against the wish of SH's grandfather. And this is no coincidence. In my opinion, Ms. Han wanted to get revenge by destroying his dream and even become the real leader of MC Group. She is not just the king maker, she is in reality the real king. Notice how Ms. Han was able to manage to "get rid" of all heirs: SJ, SH, Mo... Right now, there are only WS and WJ left. With WJ as the CEO, she can control the company. WS is different, he is a free-spirit which means that he won't always follow her orders.     

Argh, till now I am not sure who is the person who wanted Seok Hee's mum dead. So many suspects. Will watch tomorrow's episode to get a better idea. My guess for now could be Ms Han, WJ and his mum. By the way, the casts and crew will be going for a vacation trip to Vietnam from 21st Oct to 25th Oct courtesy of MBN. Let's hope we will be getting higher ratings for the next few episodes.

@Lmangla The other reason why I am suspecting Ms. Han is that the grandfather's accident happened just before SH's mother was murdered. And this is no coincidence because this means that the murder of her mother was planned. Without the grandfather's protection, SH could be sent away to the USA. WS and WJ don't fit in that category.

Honestly, it would be great if Ms. Han discovered at the end that the one who ruined her career was not the grandfather, but SH's father. We saw that the latter would often bribe people... Sure, the grandfather was at the trial but we heard that during that time, Mo was actually the one who had developed different strategies aso. So the grandfather was only acting in name, he let his son run the business. We shouldn't forget that Ms. Han has been described as hot-tempered and impatient. Seeing the grandfather at the trial made her think that he had been the one who gave the order for the pollution... and later took revenge for the strict sentence, while in reality the grandfather came in order to see what kind of person she was as he was already looking for a mentor. Imagine the irony. This all tragedy happened because of a huge misunderstanding.

Archived