Quantcast
icyphoenix

[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

7 hours ago, ii panda said:

Fan demographics. It is likely that this drama has older fans who don't have much time to sub. Idol dramas get subbed faster because these teens have more time (or seems to think that they have all the time in the world). Sigh. 

O.M.G. :o Just when I was resigned to the fact that romance in this drama is just an afterthought. :wub:

Me too. I was already expecting a budding romance to be shown at the last minute of the final episode. Something like Suk Hee and Yeon Do staring lovingly at each other and then THE END. lol I'm so glad they finally gave us this, and 4 more episodes left!! Cannot wait to see how they wrap everything up and see HYS and Ms Han on their knees and even the darn father, begging for Suk Hee's forgiveness. 

RIght now, I really feel Wan Soo is more than what we think he is. We all know he has come to be sort of an ally to Seok Hee ever since that day he comforted her but what if he was the murderer? Geez!! Exciting times ahead!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mylovekge said:

RIght now, I really feel Wan Soo is more than what we think he is. We all know he has come to be sort of an ally to Seok Hee ever since that day he comforted her but what if he was the murderer? Geez!! Exciting times ahead!

Even when he comforted her, there was something odd about that interaction.  It wasn't just that he seemed uncertain, there was an odd look about his face as though he felt that he was forcing himself.  I don't know how to express it other than to say that he seemed wooden, stiff, and fake.  That was one of the times when I was sure he was hiding something.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

I’m on aboard the ‘WS is the suspect!’ Ship. I m sad though because poor SH now really has no one in the family that’s a true ally or even real family for that matter. Makes me so angry whenever they show her dad’s office with a big photo on the wall and one on his desk that has his sons without SH in it. Way to win father of the year award buster. 

• Like 7

@thistle, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was WS too. During the hug I had taken his awkwardness as his unfamiliarity with SH (meaning they weren’t that close) but it definitely could take on another meaning. 

However, it’s strange that they didn’t show the part of the video footage where each guest left. I don’t know if they showed more in episode 12 which I haven’t watched yet. I’ve seen murder cases where in the heat of the moment someone thinks they killed a person and somebody hidden in the room comes out afterwards and finishes the job. 

Anyway, I’m just hoping that awful stepmom doesn’t get away with her part in drugging SH’s mom which seemed to contribute to the deterioration of her health. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 5

I can’t believe the step mom even had the audacity to use the art work as hers. So what? Your stupid singing didn’t get you far so now you had to steal someone else’s talent? Classy sweetie. You sure are a class act.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I have a little problem with WS being the murderer. WS does not seem to show any sign of guilt. A normal person who murdered someone will exhibit that guilt. Unless WS is a psychopath (but I don't see any sign of that). Ms Han, however, is showing a lot of red flags (so is WJ). Maybe she 'finished the job' that Mrs Ha or WJ started?

5 hours ago, thistle said:

As a person who has zero language skills and absolutely no "ear" for Korean, I am always impressed by those who understand multiple languages.    Thanks for letting the subbing sites know that we want to see Graceful Family soon.  Sooner!  Soonest!!  Now!!! 

The worst wait will be for that kiss.  That's a whole week away.  I just bet they will put it at the end of episode 14 so they can really make us suffer from waiting!  :sweatingbullets:

I know a little Japanese but I have no ear for Korean, too. Some of their syllables sound the same to me. That's why my job mostly is on segmentation with a little translation of simple sentences on the side. I'm thinking of learning Korean again though.

I will keep my fingers crossed that the kiss will be shown on Wednesday. And I hope we get another kiss on Episode 14. Plus we can expect cute/hot OTP scenes that will lead us to that kiss. I know I'm expecting too much but it's their fault for showing that kiss in the preview. Lol

I wonder why he kissed her? Maybe SH made it possible for YD's mom to be released and he got really happy he dove right in. :kiss_wink::lol:

This is not a drill! I repeat, this is not a drill! Sub is now available for Episode 12. :D

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, ii panda said:

This is not a drill! I repeat, this is not a drill! Sub is now available for Episode 12. :D

YES!  :heart:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

This man of the hour :joy:

he did what we all wish to do throw a water in her ugly face :joy:

OMG this is the best. This is what she desrves and i can't stop whaching

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 3
  • LOL 7

13 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Amazing, NOW it’s subbed. 

It's a full day faster than it was last time!  I was so happy to be able to watch sooner.  :)

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

Okay, so why aren’t the main couple’s phones not bugged?  And shouldn’t Seok Hee’s computer and room be bugged and videoed so TOP sees her watching that video of the house and who went to see her mom on the day she died?

EDIT: Am 40 minutes in and I need to stop for now, but I am now fully convinced 

Spoiler

Wan Joon is the killer. Ms. Han still needs to go to prison for her high crimes and misdemeanors, but there you have it.

• Like 6

It was only last week I questioned lady Voldemort's capabilities on keeping up with Bonnie & Clyde and  this week she squashed off my doubts with a banger lol. Woman is indeed 2 steps ahead of the rest & I like it. This time her stakes will be high since everyone's plotting her exit and that's the only common ground between SH & her so called dad

I could be out of my wits but kinda feel none of the family members killed SH's mom that day. What if her death was staged? I also wonder why lady Voldemort is hell bent on saving mc group so much. I'm intrigued about her story and hope they give an epi based on her past 

This drama is so good I just hope it doesn't meet a bizarre & lukewarm ending. Misty & Memories of the Alhambra scarred me for life with meaningless & stupid endings lol

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

After ep12, Mo Wan Soo is definitely looking more suspicious. Though there's no motive hinted at yet, his convoluted, mysterious way of talking in riddles makes him look very suss. I quite like the character. I find him interesting, with his intentional playing the fool while obviously being more switched on and devious than he wants to let on. There have been moments of kindness and hurt that seemed sincere, and I was hoping he wasn't the murderer, but I'm not sure if I just fell for his act as well. 

I'm still really perplexed over Ms Hans motivations. What is it she wants? Why is she so devoted to a company that belongs to someone else? Is it about power? What does her loyalty to MC Group fulfill for her? Her backstory/reasoning has to have something major for her to leave her morals and reputation as an upstanding Judge to become a bulldog/snake for such a nasty, corrupt, thieving, murdering family and company. Or was she simply so disillusioned by the Justice system that she decided to do a total 180° and become the most unrighteous, unjust, low down, shabby version of a human she could possibly manage. When she does something corrupt or nasty, the look on her face says enjoys it.

Anyway, I was plodding along fine, not too worried about any romance in this drama. I thought our MLs had some cute chemistry, but I didn't mind if it went nowhere....until the preview. Now I'm in, boarding the ship, to cheer on deck. The determination in YDs stride toward SH, and just kissing her like that?!! Yeah, that has got me hyped for some romance between our two cuties. I'd like some passion please show. Thankyou :kiss_wink: :tounge_wink:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4

Making film. Bts of Graceful Family. Can't wait for the next episode where they finally kissed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm currently studying screenwriting and it makes me somehow understand the reason for the populariry of this show. Aside from how well the cast carry their roles, the tragedy--the downfall of a powerful figure--piques the interest of people more than any other plot (in this case, the anticipation of the downfall of the Mo family, of Ms Han and TOP). Plus it veers away from explaining everything (they treat us as if we're intelligent enough to understand behavior and events) and I like how the flashbacks do not disrupt the general structure of the story. I hope they follow through with a good ending though. I agree that in most kdramas, endings normally feel rushed and/or absurd (I'd prefer a strong ending, no matter how hurtful or frustrating, that isn't scared of going against the more popular yet illogical demand of fans).

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

Posted (edited)

So bets are more fun if we have a penalty. lets see -- if you win, then change your DP or post a pic of tofu! or alternatively the drama's tofu kiss? :P hahahah... and if you lose, then change your DP or post a pic of picasso? :lol:

bet name: "what happened that afternoon?" -- guess the killer:

option 1: wan joon - bathtub soaker with a heart of stone -- @tulip06 @Lmangla 

option 2: wan soo -- the director who slays with flowers -- @Bejaffled @mylovekge @philosophie @celebrianna @joccu @soesje @Cassandra E. Bett  

option 3: ms han - scavenger eagle who plans bad events over coffee - @ii panda @camichi @nubianlegalmind @bebebisous33 

option 4: second wife - the singer who thinks music sounds better on ice and pain @Lmangla @ii panda 

option 5: papa mo - the bear who wants it all but always disappointed... @curly4hiro @camichi

option 6: someone outside the family / she accidentally killed herself  -- @serendipity... @Elfvanvan13 @nubianlegalmind

option 7: murder in orient express -- the four Mo's and Ms han. -- @thistle @10192123sangre

so put the names down from page 19 guesses -- if these aren't fixed, let me know what your pick is. can also pick more than one as well.

@Ameera Ali @thistle @ktcjdrama @Sushimi @monica63 @guinearoyal @Man-O-Man @0ly40 @lu09 @rocher22 @joccu @camichi @soesje @RobinM @sksen @curly4hiro @kapneemo @Fabbo @nubianlegalmind @auberon -- place your bets! even if you haven't been active (clicking reaction button or posting), you can still join us and have a laugh if you are watching the drama. :D

Edited by Lmangla
editing to add names to options
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 8
  • Thanks 1

@Lmangla I’m in for that bet! 

Okay, everyone else, next week, I’m watching on the weekend. It was so uncomfortable waiting for subs. I’m putting this out of my mind until next Saturday now, since it feels like I have a week to wait anyway. Of course, I’ll be checking for recaps, though...

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

31 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

So bets are more fun if we have a penalty. lets see -- if you win, then change your DP or post a pic of tofu! or alternatively the drama's tofu kiss? :P hahahah... and if you lose, then change your DP or post a pic of picasso? :lol:

bet name: "what happened that afternoon?" -- guess the killer:

option 1: wan joon - bathtub soaker with a heart of stone -- @ii panda @tulip06 @Lmangla 

option 2: wan soo -- the director who slays with flowers -- @Bejaffled @mylovekge @philosophie @celebrianna 

option 3: ms han - scavenger eagle who plans bad events over coffee - @ii panda 

option 4: second wife - the singer who thinks music sounds better on ice and pain @Lmangla 

option 5: papa mo - the bear who wants it all but always disappointed...

option 6: someone outside the family,  -- @serendipity... 

so put the names down from page 19 guesses -- if these aren't fixed, let me know what your pick is. can also pick more than one as well.

@Ameera Ali @thistle @ktcjdrama @Sushimi @monica63 @guinearoyal @Man-O-Man @0ly40 @lu09 @rocher22 @joccu @camichi @soesje @RobinM @sksen @curly4hiro @kapneemo @Fabbo @nubianlegalmind @auberon -- place your bets! even if you haven't been active (clicking reaction button or posting), you can still join us and have a laugh if you are watching the drama. :D

I'm in. My first choice is Ms Han (or at least, she ordered it), second is Young-il and third is WJ. It feels like cheating to have 3 bets so for this, I will only lock in on Ms Han. :D

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

7 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

I'm still really perplexed over Ms Hans motivations. What is it she wants? Why is she so devoted to a company that belongs to someone else? Is it about power?

here's what I got after watching ep 12 -- it is all about power for her. she is making executive decisions like she is the owner but she gets to do it behind the scenes. so she doesn't have to pretend and do this social face in front of anyone but she gets to pull all the strings. so when papa mo asks her make wan soo the successor, she balks. now how is this her decision in the first place? is she the owner? does she own stocks? does she have veto power? she lists the employees but we know that humans are more like prey for her.

so what is her reason for rejecting wan soo -- he is unpredictable. isn't that an absurd reason? papa mo wants to expand the company through arts and in that case, wan soo is perfect. him being unpredictable means he is creative, thinking out of the box and is likely to push a company through interesting ways to get profits. so, in the real world, we have so many interesting tech products because of out-of-the-box thinkers. wan soo being unpredictable would be an asset but why she doesn't see it that way? because she can't control him. that is her sole motivation behind rejecting him. he can't be expected to obey her commands because he may or may not depending on how he feels and thinks. so he is a loose cannon who will forge his own path and make her obsolete.

she also rejects seok hee despite thinking she has capabilities. so she tells wan joon that seok hee is a shark and has been swimming continuously and pushing through. but still, seok hee is not her choice? why? again, it is because seok hee will not be someone she can control. seok hee has also shown herself to be someone who can be quite compassionate and determined to do the right thing -- these are traits ms han despises and sees as no value. it also means seok hee will not be okay with TOP's dirty games.

wan joon on the other hand makes a great puppet and also someone who thinks and feels like her. she doesn't have to worry because he is solely motivated by ambition and has zero guilt about manipulations or any bad actions.

that said, was laughing at how fun wan soo plays his card with his little flowers and charm. so instead of complimenting her, he subtly gives her a "sword" made of flowers! hahahah.. and the flowers signify caution and danger. so yea, definite loose cannon who plays by his own rules.

am wondering what seok hee accidentally found in the doctor's office -- she said she has to confirm. even though yeon do and seok hee were prepared for ms han finding out, yeon do got outplayed with the embezzlement charge. however, it was fun to see ms han's face turn dark in surprise when she realized yeon do really outfoxed her for so many months and she had no idea who he was or what his motive was.

it will be interesting to see what ms han's Achilles heel is. she doesn't seem very connected to people at all and despises emotions. even those she has deals with like the prosecutor can easily turn against her if they wish as there's no loyalty -- it is all about what they get from each other. she is going to realize that not everyone can be manipulated by money or position and even when someone has lots to lose, they can still be led by their emotions -- she never even imagined the judge would return and be considering making a confession... so lots of loose cannons! can't wait for next week and especially that kiss. keeping my fingers crossed for a nice one! kekekek...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 8