[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone, please fix Deok Shil’s hair! It is driving me mad! She was so cute and spunky in the beginning of this show and she has been dreary and frumpy for a while now, and not just during these last episodes when she was depressed. Like, she can’t wear nice clothes to the office? Isn’t she getting paid well?

Come on!

2 hours ago, AaliyaS said:

DK put two and two together, and she knows now that YS is TY ex. She is becoming resentful and angry. I bet soon she will claim to be pregnant with his child. 

I was thinking the same thing.  

As for that housekeeper, every time she looks worry, she seems suspiciously knowledge about the family's affairs and extremely loyal to the old man and his daughter.  Perhaps, she was involved in a triple switch on the babies.

39 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

As for that housekeeper, every time she looks worry, she seems suspiciously knowledge about the family's affairs and extremely loyal to the old man and his daughter.  Perhaps, she was involved in a triple switch on the babies.

IS the housekeeper a child from an extra marital affair?? 

She is like the help, but she sits with the family and drinks and hangs out.  Go figure.

10 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

IS the housekeeper a child from an extra marital affair?? 

She is like the help, but she sits with the family and drinks and hangs out.  Go figure.

I think she is angling to marry the old man. Just wait.

35 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Yes its really makes no sense after all how come the writer come up with like this story line....the child/children will only miserable at the end..

I see this thing coming. I'm not sure that she's really pregnant. she want him at any cost.she want to married him. I'm not even surprised. But if she's really pregnant,  is she really pregnant with TY's child? a twist? But it will be sad. At this point i want to see how the writers make our lead couple back together maybe around 80 episode

So wait a minute, they really slept together?????:huh:. Hopefully it's fake or she miscarriages because I can't deal with children being used because of these adult's games..... Really, I'm sick and tired of kids being used:crazy:.

Hopefully he finds out about his son soon. I love how both are getting along with each other:)

4 hours ago, lu09 said:

So wait a minute, they really slept together?????:huh:. Hopefully it's fake or she miscarriages because I can't deal with children being used because of these adult's games..... Really, I'm sick and tired of kids being used:crazy:.

Hopefully he finds out about his son soon. I love how both are getting along with each other:)

@lu09, I totally agreed with you; bringing another child in the story line  is a total mess.  We had so much enough of this crapped with the last drama:lol: and the baby swap:rage: of TY/KI.

I hate to say it but I hope that child does not survive. Its going to be a mess later when he finds out that her mother is part of why fake KI was living in his place. Imagine learning what that woman did to make him be with her daughter and then find out she is also part of the reason he lost his family. I can't see any amount of pleading will keep him with her daughter when he learns the truth. My guess is she will learn who he is before TY may and will try to make sure he does not learn that truth and divorce her daughter. SW knows the entire truth just has not seen that woman again after she heard what they did to TY before she married the fake. 

I was happy enough with the story line until they brought in this plot. I honestly do not like that girl. He has told her his heart is cold from his ex. Instead she works with her mother after learning that SW is the ex to trap him. She will never be happy with TY. I can see her finding out the full story as well and working with her mom as well to keep TY from learning that it was a misunderstanding and SW did not abandon him and that her child his his. People who do selfish things to get someone never end up happy in the relationship they trapped someone to have. Its going to be such a mess later as I can't see her really getting his love. AT most he will feel responsible for her but will never give her his heart which will make her resentful. 

5 hours ago, joan0528 said:

Yes they did slept together and the preview skip for a month or 2 maybe thats why maybe we think DK want to tell TY about her pregnancy...its really a torture to see children being in the middle of fight between adults, just thinking of Jimin being in the middle when the truth comes out really hurt me and now if ever DK is pregnant with TY, its really like a bomb if the revelation comes out about DK mother wrongdoing..

The preview text mention she is pregnant thats why I brought it up.

덕실은 병원에서 임신 사실을 확인하는데... 태준은 광일의 후계자 승계를 위해 물류회사 인수를 준비하고, 
숙희와 재용은 자신들을 속인 지은을 용서할 수 없어 민재에게 이혼하라고 말한다. 한편, 태양은 연락이 되지 않는 덕실이 걱정돼 찾아 나서는데....

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,24,795119

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

The preview text mention she is pregnant thats why I brought it up.

덕실은 병원에서 임신 사실을 확인하는데... 태준은 광일의 후계자 승계를 위해 물류회사 인수를 준비하고, 
숙희와 재용은 자신들을 속인 지은을 용서할 수 없어 민재에게 이혼하라고 말한다. 한편, 태양은 연락이 되지 않는 덕실이 걱정돼 찾아 나서는데....

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,24,795119

Really?? It's the worst thing here. 

3 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I hate to say it but I hope that child does not survive. Its going to be a mess later when he finds out that her mother is part of why fake KI was living in his place. Imagine learning what that woman did to make him be with her daughter and then find out she is also part of the reason he lost his family. I can't see any amount of pleading will keep him with her daughter when he learns the truth. My guess is she will learn who he is before TY may and will try to make sure he does not learn that truth and divorce her daughter. SW knows the entire truth just has not seen that woman again after she heard what they did to TY before she married the fake. 

I was happy enough with the story line until they brought in this plot. I honestly do not like that girl. He has told her his heart is cold from his ex. Instead you work with your mother after learning that SW is the ex to trap him. She will never be happy with TY. I can see her finding out the full story as well and working with her mom as well to keep TY from learning that it was a misunderstanding and SW did not abandon him and that her child his his. People who do selfish things to get someone never end up happy in the relationship they trapped someone to have. Its going to be such a mess later as I can't see her really getting his love. AT most he will feel responsible for her but will never give her his heart which will make her resentful. 

i imagine that the writers want to make TY and SW equal as married couple with others  with children (kwangII like a lot jimin) but with a Sister and a brother each??lol. Their mother will be very happy for a moment.  I'm pretty sure that even DK learn the truth she will no let him go.

SW think she is being smart but actually being quite stupid her actions make no sense anymore.

1.Not where where you?
2.Why are you angry at me?
3.Oh you have a child!
4.What happen?

5.I missed you?

She did  none of that when she finally found  out he alive what does she do? pick a fight with him.Did she forget why she is doing this? she does not really need to do this  anymore at all she is not making SENSE.

6 hours ago, dramaninja said:

SW think she is being smart but actually being quite stupid her actions make no sense anymore.

1.Not where where you?
2.Why are you angry at me?
3.Oh you have a child!
4.What happen?

5.I missed you?

She did  none of that when she finally found  out he alive what does she do? pick a fight with him.Did she forget why she is doing this? she does not really need to do this  anymore at all she is not making SENSE.

Thank you, once she found out who he is she should stop and tell him everything and the family. 

1 hour ago, joan0528 said:

Oh well he just need to marry DK because we know that if DK mother finds out about her being pregnant for sure she will push the marriage for both...or maybe TY will just take responsibility for the child but not marrying DK...well for me i dont care of he marry DK or not, he already messed up his own life the day he accused SW for betraying him and thinking only of revenge...

I was hoping they would reunite. I am so sad. And poor Jimin.  He really wanted to see TY, but she wont let him go to his house. 

I was introduced to this show recently when my KBS World was finally fixed. Unfortunately, this meant that my first episode that I watched was episode 18 therefore things are a bit confusing for me and I hope that these points have been either explained in the earlier episodes or someone has a better idea of them. Will eventually get to watching them but since I have a few shows to catch up prior to this it will probably take some time.

So here are some of the questions that I have regarding the show and the characters involved.

Spoiler

Firstly, in the episode I watched the Second Lead discovers that his Father is his Bio Dad. His dad had switched his wife’s baby with him and sent that baby to an orphanage (who turns out to be the Male Lead). So was his Adopted mother married to someone else before she married his dad and that is why she had the male lead? Secondly why should he be willing to do a DNA test with his dad (who revealed this fact drunk from what I gather) I mean think about it when you raise a child who wants to scar them with life by telling them hey the parent you know really isn’t your parent etc.. it’s like the following scene. :D

Grandpa: He Second Lead I have a great birthday gift for you

2nd Lead: Really is it fun.

Grandpa: Sure. See the people next to you do you know who they are.

2nd Lead: My parents aks my Mother and Father.

Grandpa: Yes but no. You see that’s really your mother but the person you call your dad isn’t. He is just the loyal dog that we keep around and to help raise you.

2nd Lead NOOOOOO!!!! This can’t be how can my life be suddenly ruined.

Then we have the male lead at the orphanage where he grew up and all. Did anyone else notice the story that Duk Shi confided in him and his own story are remarkably similar.

According to her, her mother supposedly had a secret son who she abandoned at an orphanage and she used to give him gifts such as stationary and sneakers.

He then tells her that he had a similar things happen to himself and when he inquired as to who said person was he was informed that she was merely his benefactor but he now suspects her to be his mother. Though she stopped visiting him after he got adopted.

This means one of two things either his bio mother is aware of this fact and see met him secretly but why stop after he got adopted. This means the second of the two possibilities is more accurate. In this case Duk Sil’s mother was the one visiting him in secret. But then we have to question why was this the case. Such as was she aware of who he really was or she assumed that he was her actual son. Since I haven’t watched the beginning episodes I am not aware of any deal that she may have made with Choi Tae Joon. Did he promise her that he would raise their kid properly, did he tell her that he packed him off to an orphanage or did he inform her of the baby switch. Therefore, she went to the orphanage out of guilt and thought that her duty towards him was finally done when he got adopted into a good family? If it is the later I doubt that her duty to him will be done so easily.

Though I suspect that it might be a bit of the later because she seemed to recognize her Bio Son when she bumped into him (pun intended) at the end of the episode. So in this case how will she recognize that she is living with the true heir. Will he have an item that she gave to him when he was still at the orphanage?

Then there is the question about the little kid’s DNA matching from what I have been reading in this thread. Si-Wol made some kind of deal with the grandfather that allowed her to falsify the results to make it look like the child is part of the family aka genuine grandchild etc.. to this I have to question why would the grandfather be party to such a fraud. Does she have something against him but even if this was the case wouldn’t the grandfather then find a way to get rid of her quietly at the same time recovering what she has on him? Certainly confusing to me.

I guess these are the questions that I currently have regarding this drama for the time being. Will try to keep myself updated with the current episodes on KBS world before getting back to the remaining.

Finally, from the current pairing I sort of feel bad for the second lead from what I witnessed in the current episode. His world was just shaken badly and the woman that he loves is simply using him. So for now is it wrong of me to ship Si Wol and him together and hope that they get their happily ever after. It does look that she sorts of feels bad for using him like that. If it only develops into real feelings would be pretty nice. Something like her previous role in Angel’s Revenge. But over there she had no real opposition in love unlike over here she has her first true love and even a child with him as well to further complicate things.

Oh well that will be all from my end. Lets see how this drama turns out. Didn’t watch the last one in this time slot so I am hoping that things will be different this time around. So even though I have a slight headache with all the confusion regarding just one episode that I watched I hope to stick around as it seems to be interesting for the time being. Till next time take care and keep posting..

Archived