[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much activity in this thread. I don't understand why - it's interesting enough to keep me vested in it. Of course, I'm watching it because of  Yoon So Ji. She always plays good roles (Say You Love Me, Angel's Revenge, Glass Castle).  And  Oh Chang-Suk - what's not to like? lol

14 hours ago, Takingthehighroad said:

Not much activity in this thread. I don't understand why - it's interesting enough to keep me vested in it. Of course, I'm watching it because of  Yoon So Ji. She always plays good roles (Say You Love Me, Angel's Revenge, Glass Castle).  And  Oh Chang-Suk - what's not to like? lol

t@Takingthehighroad, almost similar to the previous drama with KBS and same time slot; that could be the reason why this thread don't have  a lot of followers:rolleyes:.  I do check it on and off and since this drama is more than 100 ep it will take time to put the puzzles together.  Do keep watching and enjoy the ride, it will be bumpy:D

On 6/21/2019 at 12:30 AM, joan0528 said:

Yoowol also is at fault he keep on saying that shiwol will not betrayed him but he didnot confront hee to know the truth but then again if there is no misunderstanding how will the drama evolve right..

Kang II mother and dukshil loves money before his mother dont like yoowol but when he come back with alot of money she is now pushing her daughter to him, just wait until she will know that Oh tae yang/yoowol was the true prince of yangji group which she abandon in the orphanage...

I agree.  He could have found a way to let SW know that he was alive.  In the beginning of the series, he was the one who kept saying how much he loves her.  Actually she has remained true to her love for him.  It is him who was swayed by his friend and doubted her.  

It's funny.  I almost didn't start with this drama because I can't stand the actress playing SW.  Never liked her acting in her other shows.  But I like this YW so I watched the show.  Now he is the one getting on my nerves.  So far I see nothing "kingly" about him.  He made a lot of money, yes.  But you need more than $ to be king.  I don't see the kingly virtues because he is filled with anger, bitterness and revenge.  I hope he sorts it out soon and not drag his morose soul into another 80+ episodes!   

So, the cat is out of the bag.  Kwang Il father told him that he was his biological father.  But Kwang II is not so smart and he might just think that it is his father talking because he was drunk.  Will have to wait and see if he will put it together.  HE is definitely thinking about it.  

7 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

So, the cat is out of the bag.  Kwang Il father told him that he was his biological father.  But Kwang II is not so smart and he might just think that it is his father talking because he was drunk.  Will have to wait and see if he will put it together.  HE is definitely thinking about it.  

I think the father will do a dna test to convince him. Kwang II father is desperate and needs someone on his side. 

6 hours ago, AaliyaS said:

I think the father will do a dna test to convince him. Kwang II father is desperate and needs someone on his side. 

Spoiler

Kwang II does do a DNA test and in the preview he is experiencing the fact that he is actually the biological son of the chairman.  So, he used his brain to figure it out.  I guess when his mother said that he does not look like his dead father or her, he starts doubting and goes to the doctor to do a DNA test.  

TY tells DK that he does not want to marry anyone since DK mother throws a fit about convincing TY to marry DK.   

1 hour ago, joan0528 said:

I wonder why SW didnot investigate the Sun holdings employees because if she does she will learn that the friend of TY/YW is working there and that will sort her doubt about the true identity of TY...

She has not done any investigation on Sun holdings just TY.  I don't think she is handling the financial investments for Yanji Construction.  It is her husband who is doing it.  Also, she has not gone there and met his friend.  IF she does, she will know immediately that he was YW friend from before.  My take is Yangi Construction will not be able to raise funding and she will go looking for him at the office without telling any one and will probably meet/ see his friend.  

July 1st preview.

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,19,794843

20 times <cruel mistake>

Taejun asked Seowall to let the family know that he would reveal all facts, and Miran, who realized that Jimin was the son of Gwangil, waits for Jimin in front of Chairman Chang's house.
On the other hand, the sun and the seawall, who accidentally encountered on the street drunk, miss each other ...

The preview looks very interesting.  IF it is not an imagination that SW and YW get to know about each other.  

2 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

July 1st preview.

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,19,794843

20 times <cruel mistake>

Taejun asked Seowall to let the family know that he would reveal all facts, and Miran, who realized that Jimin was the son of Gwangil, waits for Jimin in front of Chairman Chang's house.
On the other hand, the sun and the seawall, who accidentally encountered on the street drunk, miss each other ...

The preview looks very interesting.  IF it is not an imagination that SW and YW get to know about each other.  

I dont think they would be included in the text preview if that was the case right?

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I dont think they would be included in the text preview if that was the case right?

I think so.  They have even showed them hugging each other in a room .  So, where would this room be?  Old house he had or the house he bought?

It will be good that the two good guys meet and then figure out how all this happened.  SW already knows since she heard them and it would be good for TY to know too so that he be a good guy and make sure JM is raised well.  Not like Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker.

I think since TY wanted revenge against SW, he had planned an elaborate scheme and still stuck with it even with information about accounting farce and others joining in to the race to buy Yanji Construction.  I am surprised that they have to buy their own company.  Was it taken over by the shareholders or was there a sale done regarding the same.  But with SW drinking and TY drinking and meeting in the plaza disrupts everything that he had planned.  Now I think he will get to know that he got switched and how KI dad along with another lady did the deed and placed their own offspring fooling the Jangs.  @AaliyaS - I am excited about next week too.  Hope this is not a head fake.  I don't mind these two teaming up to bring down the perpetrators and unite the family.  .  

The problem with KI knowing now is he will become fearful when he learns that the real child of the family is not dead and has a possibility of taking everything back. He will turn bad too I think for a time. 

I am so angry at his father for switching out the legit child. If he did not want to marry or was resentful he never should have married her. The woman gave him chances and was very sorry to him for dragging him into her mess. I can see the poor woman collapsing when she learns she raised this man's child and he supposedly killed her child so he could not come back. Only to learn the true child of that family is alive. I keep wondering why SW has not told either the grandfather or the mother what her husband has done? The blood test with her child proves what she said is true and a simple DNA test between the grandfather and KI or his mother will show the child is not their blood. 

What is funny is the fortune teller has said that KI will rule everything the funny part is they KI they currently have is not the one they were talking about.. 

What upsets me about TY being angry at SW is he believes she left him when that is not true. He was gone for awhile never letting her know he was alive. Although she quickly married KI to get revenge for what they did to TY and to hide that pregnancy I can understand her. He shows back up ten years later with out the scar and lives next door. 

What I want to know is the preview trolling us will TY and SW really recognize one another and SW tells him the truth of what she heard and that the child his his? Or will this be them acting out from drunkenness or a dream sequence trolling us?

18 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

What upsets me about TY being angry at SW is he believes she left him when that is not true. He was gone for awhile never letting her know he was alive. Although she quickly married KI to get revenge for what they did to TY and to hide that pregnancy I can understand her. He shows back up ten years later with out the scar and lives next door. 

IF we look at TY's perspective, it is quite natural for him to be revengeful towards SW.  From the hospital, he asked his rescuer DK to call SW and did not reach her.  Next day or a couple of days later he sees an engagement in the newspaper.  He was angry.  He could not go back to his previous life or name.  He did not have any resources without going back to his name and wondered why some one would try to kill him.  He thought it must be someone from Yangi group since he was doing some auditing work for them and discovered discrepancies and had to run from them.  He holed himself up without even paying rent and finally caught a break after saving the money lender.  So, with his smarts and brain, he could earn well and get the trust of the money lender and the other guy (don't know what he is  - an astrologer, pyschic, vitner, gardener or someone else).  It has not been easy and he went away and came back.  In the mean time he sees his girl married with a child and looking happy with the family.  He is not aware of many things.

-- he did not know that SW was pregnant when he drove away to hide for a while.

-- he does not know that SW checked at the police station and they did not find him or were not able to find him.  Even after 10 years there was no news.

-- he is not aware that she still pines for him.  

-- he is not aware he was intentionally switched so that some other child can enjoy the riches of the jang family.

-- he is not aware that Kwang Il's father was the one who hired someone to get rid of him knowing very well that he is the heir of this family.

--he  is not aware of the fact that SW knows that Mrs. Jang is his real mother and that she still visits his biological father  in the farm.  

SW is trying to find out who he is and he is covering himself well so far.  But I think the cries of his love during a drunken state takes too much energy to cover himself and the emotions flow out.  I hope it is not a head fake.  Since this is so early in the drama, it would be good to get to know the truth and find ways to bring the perpetrators to justice.  

2 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

-- he did not know that SW was pregnant when he drove away to hide for a while.

-- he does not know that SW checked at the police station and they did not find him or were not able to find him.  Even after 10 years there was no news.

-- he is not aware that she still pines for him.  

-- he is not aware he was intentionally switched so that some other child can enjoy the riches of the jang family.

-- he is not aware that Kwang Il's father was the one who hired someone to get rid of him knowing very well that he is the heir of this family.

--he  is not aware of the fact that SW knows that Mrs. Jang is his real mother and that she still visits his biological father  in the farm.  

Yes, I know he did not know and yes given his history of "in his mind" women leaving him it is natural for him to at first jump to that conclusion. But he had her number and could have tried calling again and again until he reached her. If he had tried that she never would have got on the road of revenge alone. Or after the marriage he could have contacted her to let her know he was alive. SW would have left fake KI if she got a call from him. There are two sides of course but he will kick himself later for not doing a bit more to reach out to SW. Its especially going to hit him hard to learn that she was pregnant at the time he ran off and the child he has been hanging out with is his and he missed years of his life while the boy is calling the fake KI father. 

1 hour ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

There are two sides of course but he will kick himself later for not doing a bit more to reach out to SW. Its especially going to hit him hard to learn that she was pregnant at the time he ran off and the child he has been hanging out with is his and he missed years of his life while the boy is calling the fake KI father. 

Yes, he will.  That is his karma for doubting SW or not contacting her earlier.  But I think men have an ego and after hearing her say "Yes" to agree to marry Kwang Il, he became desolate and after finding a ray of sunshine, he is able to shine.  SW thinks he is YW, but he wants to hide from her.  She wanted to talk to him and he not only belittled her and asked her private questions without telling her who he is.  Have you seen any female confirm about her ex-boyfriend to a neighbor who is still a stranger to her.  

I think if this meeting between the two are not a head fake - the pace and the interest in the story will increase in my opinion in which the good guys try to out the bad ones.  IT is usually that most of the antagonists have all the face in the drama and this will be a change.  IF the protagonist and the antagonist have at least equal weightage in the scheme of the drama, it is more healthy even for the viewers. 

1 hour ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

But he had her number and could have tried calling again and again until he reached her. If he had tried that she never would have got on the road of revenge alone.

He does not know yet that she married Kwang Il to avenge his death which was caused by the chairman.  He thought that she was a gold - digger who wanted riches and hence once he was out of the scene, she married him.  I remember they were talking one time and she said she wanted a nice house and so on and he bought an apartment before he left for his hiding which his step father tried to con it out .  I also remember another conversation about just being satisfied even if they lived in Siberia.  They were two orphans who grew up together and found their way towards each other.  Also, SW believed and trusted him and even helped him financially so that he could study.  So, he should have called her as you said, but the mind and heart are always not in sync.  

Archived