[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, petunia said:

Anyone else waiting for deep kiss monday? If they don't give us a proper kiss this time I'll just........

Yep me its been 84 years.. it's about time they give us a proper kiss..

They really know how to tease us.. they give us all the BTS except for the ones we want to see.. But i have to say that i have been liking their tension scenes very much.. but the deep deep kiss is very needed right about now..

The action scenes are so dangerous omg the last clip where the dude fell my heart sank.. i hope he is oke.. reminds me of another drama currently airing *uhem* vagabond *uhum* 

With all the coffetrucks that have been send you can really tell KSH is very populair in Korea.. 8 out of the ten trucks are for her.. 

Im not really big on children but aengdu is really cute she is a great actress and she and the guy that plays her father really do seem like father/ daughter

About kiss scene, I agree with @petunia and @soesje I don't know how many times I expect there'd be a kiss but there was none. It's like whenever the two faced-to-face looking at each other, the tension and should-I-say-it-the-desire are so strong and it can lead to anything. And I was like "Kiss her! Shut her up with your mouth! It'll solve everything, man!"  :sweatingbullets: So, if there's any kiss going to happen next, it must be a passionate one. Or at least, they need to make it seem so. For me, our OTP is the only thing worth to watch now. I'm already bored with any lost-crown-prince in kdrama :P 

But... I have to say, if the kiss scene happen on monday episode, prepare, guys. It can be farewell kiss, then they may turn to your-dad-killed-my-family thing. *OMG, I hate it even just by thinking*

To tell the truth, the drama now lost the vibe of the very first episodes, I miss Lady Kim more than I expected, although Nokdu as a man still so charming. Can they bring Lady Kim back once more time? As royal court lady disguise maybe?

I notice that many scenes in the still cut and preview werent shown in the aired episode. This one for example. And the fact is the shooting angles in still cut and preview are nicer than what were aired T_T 

H2dgwJZ.gif

Btw, can they publish this poster photo too? It's so nice. 

EFT3Y4PVUAAHL-o?format=jpg&name=small

Here the fanart one (Credit to the owner, not mine :))

cnnrhVW.jpg

1 hour ago, soesje said:

Yep me its been 84 years.. it's about time they give us a proper kiss..

They really know how to tease us.. they give us all the BTS except for the ones we want to see.. But i have to say that i have been liking their tension scenes very much.. but the deep deep kiss is very needed right about now..

The action scenes are so dangerous omg the last clip where the dude fell my heart sank.. i hope he is oke.. reminds me of another drama currently airing *uhem* vagabond *uhum* 

With all the coffetrucks that have been send you can really tell KSH is very populair in Korea.. 8 out of the ten trucks are for her.. 

Im not really big on children but aengdu is really cute she is a great actress and she and the guy that plays her father really do seem like father/ daughter

They've deprived us of deep kisses and naked nokdu making videos. The torture and teasing they put us through week after week. There needs to be compensation in the form of bed scene. Make that bed scenes. If they give us anymore bonding scenes between the king and nokdong I won't be able watch him get punished later. If they turn all the baddies into nice guys poor dongju won't be able to take revenge on anyone. My brain can't process complex emotions just give me deep kisses and bed scenes. Naked nokdu is science. 

2 hours ago, valNK said:

About kiss scene, I agree with @petunia and @soesje I don't know how many times I expect there'd be a kiss but there was none. It's like whenever the two faced-to-face looking at each other, the tension and should-I-say-it-the-desire are so strong and it can lead to anything. And I was like "Kiss her! Shut her up with your mouth! It'll solve everything, man!"  :sweatingbullets: So, if there's any kiss going to happen next, it must be a passionate one.

It seems when we expect a kiss scene, they won't give it to us. But when we least expect it, there is, just like their first kiss scene. I didn't know ND would kiss her in that episode. So I would say let's expect the unexpected :rolleyes:. I'd rather have them surprise me ^^.

2 hours ago, petunia said:

They've deprived us of deep kisses and naked nokdu making videos. The torture and teasing they put us through week after week. 

Not only that, they're not giving us more OTP BTS scenes too. Since the chemistry of these two is just out of this world, KBS should have been promoting it. But they don't really release much of it, except that last BTS of eps 15-16 where we can see some moments of them.

Why do I feel like they are warming us up for a possible bed scene because they keep teasing us... HAHA... most of their moments, sweet, intense, are usually when they're in an enclosed space or about to go to bed, not to mention ND naked almost all the time or DJ stripping him.. so that when they do finally have one, it would just be so natural ^^. 

1 hour ago, kimjojo said:

oYeah right I hope kiss scenes will be passionate ones.Btw How was their 1st kiss scenes in webtoon ? Does anybody know?

It was...

Spoiler

quite passionate, ND kissed her like twice in their first kiss if I remember it correctly. And then there are a couple other kisses too where there's this one kiss where ND was about to undress DJ but something funny happened. They also "slept" together at least two times? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

It seems when we expect a kiss scene, they won't give it to us. But when we least expect it, there is, just like their first kiss scene. I didn't know ND would kiss her in that episode. So I would say let's expect the unexpected :rolleyes:. I'd rather have them surprise me ^^.

Not only that, they're not giving us more OTP BTS scenes too. Since the chemistry of these two is just out of this world, KBS should have been promoting it. But they don't really release much of it, except that last BTS of eps 15-16 where we can see some moments of them.

Why do I feel like they are warming us up for a possible bed scene because they keep teasing us... HAHA... most of their moments, sweet, intense, are usually when they're in an enclosed space or about to go to bed, not to mention ND naked almost all the time or DJ stripping him.. so that when they do finally have one, it would just be so natural ^^. 

It was...

Reveal hidden contents

quite passionate, ND kissed her like twice in their first kiss if I remember it correctly. And then there are a couple other kisses too where there's this one kiss where ND was about to undress DJ but something funny happened. They also "slept" together at least two times? :rolleyes:

Their chemistry is messing with my biology. The sexual tension when they share the same screen space. My throat hurts from always screaming. My anatomy classes demand naked nokdu making videos. Someone needs to take responsibility for my grades. I've noticed that making videos aren't being uploaded on kbs world? Its been a while since I've watched a kbs drama but have they stopped uploading videos on their english channel? None of the new dramas have been uploaded there. If they're warming us up for a bed scene they better deliver because my frustrations and expectations are sky high. 

The plot is moving fast so i hope they wrap up the politicking and Yulmoo treason story line within the next 3 episodes so we can get cute banter moments with Dong Joo and Nokdu from Ep 13-16. Ugh we need a kiss ASAP but probably won't get it until the story line of DJ taking revenge for her family is over. Hmm or unless she gets drunk again haha 

11 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@petunia & @soesje

is more kiss my foot between these two :joy:

shouldn’t she kiss him before he turn to prince at least :mrgreen:

Oh yeah , all the hitting is their sexual tension :joy:

All the kicking and hitting is just an excuse for skinship. Seriously dongju is the most non demure female. She is all hands on her man. All the different parts she has touched till now. Ooh. Their bed scene if we ever get one will be hot. If they don't censor it. 

If I'm not wrong, this is the first kiss scene in the webtoon. And instead of Yulmu (drama-only character) walking in on them, it's Hwa Su.

Spoiler

0a70523ee484067ca88f14a41500b6be3c2b2d70

Skip a few frames forward to kiss number 1:

3636d2f672e0e52788090ea74c962f46706d3fb3

And kiss number 2:

b2aae111a2fb01735c1707e4c30baf20989dba61

Then later Hwa Su walks in on them....

be0ff92107be47eaa8cf85d3c5458f0c3969987d

And as the story progresses, Dong Joo becomes more forward:

Spoiler

ee54c6f3f43fae0800d04eabb3d1f304addacd90

Leading to this...

4a8c598eb88d548c3c7fa112e6b8fa8be1d64526

Source: https://archive.md/JkaCw

In the drama, our dear DongJeon (Copper Coins) couple lives up to their name:

I hope KBS feels generous one of these days and releases more BTS.

Tale of Nokdu: Episodes 15-16

As our villain makes a devastating move, our hero is forced into a tight position. With all the agendas flying around it’s hard to know who can be trusted… which is only complicated by the fact that no one seems willing to give Nokdu a straight answer.

EPISODE 15: “Without Saying Goodbye”

TaleOfNokdu-E1500004.jpg TaleOfNokdu-E1500003.jpg

The bandits hired by Yul-moo tear through the widows’ village, massacring everyone in sight. Nokdu arrives at the village just in time to see one of the bandits suspending Dong-joo in the air by her throat. At the same time Yul-moo spots her and bellows for the bandits to cease but Nokdu is quicker and cuts down the bandit, catching an unconscious Dong-joo.

Setting her down gently, Nokdu turns and faces off against a wave of bandits. He takes on several injuries as he uses his own body to shield Dong-joo. The attacks stop when Yul-moo approaches and demands Nokdu hand Dong-joo over. Nokdu sneers that the bandits seem to know Yul-moo, but he simply argues that’s all the more reason for Nokdu to stand aside if he wants Dong-joo to live. Reluctantly, Nokdu complies.

TaleOfNokdu-E1500006.jpg

The attack continues to rage over at the gibang and Yeon-geun rushes out with a team of gisaeng to confront the bandits. With a battle cry, Yeon-geun charges forward only to belatedly realize the women aren’t with him. Heh. All bravado lost, Yeon-geun weakly orders the men to leave. The bandits aren’t intimidated and he kneels in defeat as one lifts his sword… only to be saved by one of the Virtuous Womens’ Corps members, Bok-nyeo.

The gisaengs flee while she fights off most of the bandits, but one gives chase and manages to catch two women. Dong-joo’s bestie Hwa-su runs back to rescue them and while the other two escape, the bandit throws her to the ground. Before he can attack, however, a dagger is embedded in his arm and they turn to see Lady Cheon with the Muweol Corps in tow. The bandit saunters towards the women, but Hwa-su leaps up and thrusts his sword into his back.

Spoiler

TaleOfNokdu-E1500014.jpg TaleOfNokdu-E1500013.jpg

Yul-moo lays an unconscious Dong-joo on a bed and gently covers her up before running off to fetch a doctor. Back at the gibang, Yeon-geun helps an injured Bok-nyeo run from the bandits. They trip and the bandits descend only for a drunken Master Hwang to appear. He entrusts Aeng-du to the pair and then makes quick work of the attackers. Meanwhile, Dong-joo wakes up and runs out.

On the other side of the village, the Muweol Corps are overwhelmed and the remaining widows are herded into the center of their burning village. The bandit leader taunts someone to volunteer to die first and Ssook stands. Another voice calls out and Nokdu steps between them. Ssook sees the blood streaming down Nokdu’s arm, but he leaps into battle and quickly wipes out the first wave of bandits.

More attack and Ssook joins the fray but before long the bandits retreat. Master Hwang and Lady Cheon arrive and the women eye Nokdu curiously, finding his face familiar. Aeng-du wakes up and runs over to Nokdu, accidentally outing him as she asks if he’s been caught for masquerading as a woman. Aeng-du cries that Ssook is cruel for beating Nokdu up and Master Hwang quickly ushers her away.

Spoiler

TaleOfNokdu-E1500020.jpg TaleOfNokdu-E1500018.jpg

The women now realize Nokdu is Lady Kim and poor Yeon-geun passes out from shock. They also recognize him as the intruder. Ssook demands to know why he did it and Nokdu explains that he was searching for answers as to who attacked his family and why. “I am truly sorry about everything,” Nokdu winces as he bows.

Before anyone can reply, Dong-joo bursts through the crowd, calling Nokdu’s name. He apologizes to Dong-joo and she cries that she thought he was dead. Nokdu tries to insist he’s fine, but he coughs blood and collapses in Dong-joo’s arms.

The next morning, Dan-ho informs Yul-moo that the fire destroyed the village and the surviving widows have departed, leaving nothing for King Gwanghae to find. Yul-moo is more concerned that Dong-joo left while he was fetching her a doctor and says he can no longer allow Nokdu to live. Dan-ho accepts his order to kill Nokdu but Yul-moo says they have one thing to do first.

Spoiler

TaleOfNokdu-E1500022.jpg

Lady Cheon leads the survivors through the woods and directs them towards the pier, warning them to split up when they get there. The women beg to stay and start anew but Lady Cheon can only apologize for failing to create a world where they didn’t have to hide. They tearfully pray to meet again and the women head towards the pier. Ssook joins Lady Cheon and informs her she brought the gisaeng safely to the government office.

She tentatively asks where Nokdu is and Lady Cheon says his condition is very bad. Ssook admits that it was wrong of him to deceive them, but Nokdu had risked his life to save the village. Lady Cheon muses that Ssook must be fond of Nokdu to speak up for him and assures her she has no power to harm anyone anymore. Lady Cheon plans to return to Minister Heo and Ssook vows to stay with her. She leaves to fetch them a horse but looks back in horror to see the king’s men approaching Lady Cheon.

Meanwhile, Chil-seong returns from the failed — rescue? kidnap? — mission and informs Minister Heo of the attack on the widows’ village and what happened the night before. Minister Heo starts to storm out but Chil-seong points out the king will be all over the village. Minister Heo thinks back to his visit from a masked Nokdu and thinks aloud, “He might be… our way out of this.”

Ssook watches the king’s men lead Lady Cheon away. She reaches for her sword but freezes when Lady Cheon shakes her head. Lady Cheon smiles and Ssook flashes back to when she’d escaped her in-laws only to be cornered on a cliff. One of the men had held her at swordpoint and ordered her to jump in order to protect her integrity. She’d turned towards the cliff but upon hearing a sound, turned back to find all the men felled by arrows and a group of archers standing above her.

The leader was Lady Cheon and she’d smiled, “What you need to protect is your life, not your integrity.” In the present, Ssook watches in horror as an arrow flies from the woods and pierces Lady Cheon’s heart. The king’s men rush into the trees to find the assassin and Ssook looks up to see a masked Dan-ho. She’s too injured to give chase and she looks back and sobs as Lady Cheon dies.

Spoiler

TaleOfNokdu-E1500029.jpg TaleOfNokdu-E1500030.jpg

That night Dong-joo meets Ssook in the woods next to a pile of stones which serves as Lady Cheon’s grave. Dong-joo sobs and Ssook says she’d called Dong-joo despite her condition so Lady Cheon’s journey to the afterlife wouldn’t be lonely. Dong-joo demands to know who did this and Ssook vows that she’ll find the culprit and kill them.

Dong-joo returns and cares for Nokdu. He wakes up and takes her hand, weakly telling her he’d dreamt she’d left him. Dong-joo promises that she’s not going anywhere and urges him to sleep. Nokdu tries to fight it, but he loses consciousness again, her hand still clasped in his. When he reawakens, Nokdu shouts to find Yeon-geun staring down at him instead.

Fighting back tears, Yeon-geun warns him not to move around. Nokdu asks where Dong-joo is and when Yeon-geun doesn’t answer, he forces himself up and outside. Dong-joo is gone and Master Hwang finds Nokdu in the field, tutting that Nokdu has been out there for days. Nokdu lies that he isn’t waiting for her, but Master Hwang points out the tears in his eyes.

Nokdu grumbles that she left without a word and Master Hwang informs him of Lady Cheon’s death. Nokdu announces that he’s returning to Hanyang, saying “There’s a conversation I haven’t finished yet.” Watching Nokdu limp off, Master Hwang flashes back to Dong-joo telling him she planned to leave. Master Hwang had been confused since Dong-joo hadn’t left Nokdu’s side, but she’d told him that it was because she would leave that she’d stuck close.

Master Hwang again questioned her leaving Nokdu and Dong-joo admitted she didn’t think she’d be able to go after Nokdu awoke. She begged Master Hwang not to tell Nokdu she’d been clingy and to say she’d left without worries. In the present, Master Hwang wonders whether Nokdu would be more heartbroken if he knew or not. With a sigh, Master Hwang follows Nokdu while at the same time, Dong-joo is back at the capital and stares up at the palace gates.

EPISODE 16: “Reunion Between Father & Son”

King Gwanghae fumes at his guard for failing to find the widows, bring Lady Cheon for questioning, or even identify her killer. Drawing the guard’s sword, the king demands what the man can do for him. The guard sputters that Lady Cheon had visited Minister Heo on the day of the raid. Yul-moo is also receiving bad news as Dan-ho admits he’s yet to find Dong-joo. Yul-moo orders he bring her whether she’s willing or not, and to kill Nokdu on the spot if they’re together.

Dong-joo paints face masks on palace servants and sells them her wares cheaply. The women wonder how she can survive selling for so little and Dong-joo smiles that she’ll be fine if they could get her a job at the palace. Meanwhile, Nokdu, Aeng-du, and Master Hwang strut down the streets of Hanyang only to be startled by Yeon-geun.

Nokdu asks how long Yeon-geun plans to follow him and Master Hwang agrees that they should part ways now. Yeon-geun asks if they have a place to stay but they say they’ll figure it out and walk on. Master Hwang tuts that Yeon-geun keeps looking sadly after Nokdu, who balks, “He definitely saw that I’m a man.”

Spoiler

TaleOfNokdu-E1500046.jpg

Yeon-geun rushes after them and treats them to a meal. While the other two stuff their faces, Nokdu eyes Yeon-geun incredulously. “So you want to help us start a life in Hanyang?” Nokdu asks and Yeon-geun quickly denies doing it for Nokdu. He says he’s worried about Master Hwang and Aeng-du since they’ve bonded but frowns as Master Hwang agrees that they’re family and Aeng-du resolves to call Yeon-geun “brother.”

Nokdu is unconvinced and points out Yeon-geun could be punished because of the raid on the village. Yeon-guen laughs loudly that he’s prepared for it and reiterates that he’s worried how they’ll survive. He pointedly adds that he’s not too worried and says he’ll charge Nokdu for the expenses plus interest later.

Yeon-geun takes them to get new clothes, waiting impatiently for Nokdu to come out of the dressing room. “Goodness, you’re still beautiful,” Yeon-geun mutters when Nokdu emerges in his new attire, although he quickly claims he was referring to the clothing. Master Hwang worries about the expense but Yeon-geun assures them he’s quite wealthy. He tells Nokdu that he’ll assume the role of Yeon-geun’s cousin, Yeon Soo, who left for the countryside years ago for poor health and hasn’t been heard from.

Spoiler

TaleOfNokdu-E1500050.jpg

Passing the swing, Nokdu sighs at the memory of Dong-joo. He starts to walk away when a man sits on it. It’s King Gwanghae and oblivious, Nokdu asks how long he plans to use it. The king’s guards move forward, but he waves them off before Nokdu can see and asks Nokdu to repeat himself. Nokdu says he’s waiting to ride the swing and the king stands… only to sit back down and cheekily reply he hasn’t been on it long. Nokdu plops down next to him and says he’ll wait.

King Gwanghae guesses Nokdu has a problem and asks about it. “I’m afraid I’ll find out about something I don’t want to know about… although I should,” Nokdu admits. The king muses that they’re similar and asks if Nokdu will run away. Nokdu stands up and declares he’ll grab the bull by the horns. He starts to leave, but the king stops him to ask if they’ve met before. Nokdu isn’t sure and King Gwanghae says they’ll meet again. “If fate allows,” Nokdu replies.

That night, Nokdu visits Minister Heo again and demands he answer his question this time. Minister Heo takes him to Yoon-jo and after seeing Dad leap up and hug Nokdu, leaves them. Nokdu asks why Yoon-jo is locked in but Yoon-jo says Minister Heo is a friend and everything is fine. Nokdu demands why Dad’s “friend” tried to kill them but is letting them live now. He starts to ask, “Is it because… I am…”

Yoon-jo orders him not to ask. Nokdu cries that he’d hated Mom for always loving Hwang-tae more, only for her to die after living in exile. He asks who he is and then, grabbing the bull by the horns, demands if he’s the king’s son. Yoon-jo firmly denies it, saying Nokdu is his son. Realizing neither Dad nor Minister Heo is going to tell him anything, Nokdu says he’ll be back. Yoon-jo asks where he’s going.

“I’m going to right the wrong,” Nokdu answers, “And I’m going to make sure you and Hwang-tae live honorable lives.” Yoon-jo tries to hold him back, but Nokdu pushes Dad away and leaves the room. Chil-seong blocks his path and orders him to follow. Nokdu refuses and he reaches for his sword as Nokdu reaches into his shirt. A sound at the door distracts them long enough for Nokdu to slip away. The king bangs on the door and when no response comes, his men kick it open.

Yoon-jo demands how much Nokdu knows and Minister Heo asks how much Yoon-jo knows. “Why do you think His Majesty… wanted to get rid of his own son 20 years ago?” Minister Heo asks. Before either can say more, the door flings open and the king glares at the two men. He starts quaking with fear at the sight of Yoon-jo and reaches for his sword, but can’t bring himself to draw it. Yoon-jo drops to the floor in a bow and King Gwanghae turns his fury to Minister Heo.

Master Hwang wakes up in the middle of the night to find Nokdu sitting up, deep in thought. He tells Master Hwang he needs to get into the palace and find the answers himself. Meanwhile, the king demands whether Yoon-jo was the only one that survived that day. Yoon-jo assures him he was and the king warns that he’ll kill him himself if he discovers Yoon-jo lied. He leaves and orders his men to keep the other two locked up.

Nokdu checks on Dong-joo’s chicks and pouts, “She’s a mean brat who has no sense of responsibility.” Meanwhile, Dong-joo is still trying to bribe the palace women into getting her a job. One of them calls her on it and brusquely pays her for the goods and stalks out. After they’re gone, Dong-joo grumbles that it would be easier to scale the palace wall.

Nokdu visits the blacksmith shop he’d gone to with Dong-joo before and asks for a bow and arrows for the military service exam. He asks the blacksmith if he’s seen Dong-joo and while the man hasn’t, he says she’s a regular and will likely turn up soon. Nokdu decides to come back every day for a part of his order.

The palace ladies pass by the swing and decide to take a turn. However they find a line of children waiting for Nokdu to stop moping on it. One of the ladies snaps at him and Nokdu quickly apologizes. Her friend awes at Nokdu’s pretty face and fakes a faint so that he’ll catch her. He does and then goes on his way as she moons after him.

Next, Nokdu hits the bookstore for his military service studies and meets the king again. King Gwanghae admits he has a lot on his mind, but suspected Nokdu would be at the swing. He asks about the exam and perks up when Nokdu says he has to enter the palace to meet the king. King Gwanghae asks why and Nokdu’s serious demeanour dissipates as he laughs that he needs to win the king’s favor to become successful.

King Gwanghae asks Nokdu’s name and he gives the name of Yeon-geun’s cousin. The king notes he’s from the same family as the former chief royal secretary and says he’ll give Nokdu a gift to root for his success, suggesting they meet in 5 days. Across town, Dong-joo thinks of Nokdu as she puts on her shoes. She briefly imagines him there but then chides herself for crying.

The palace lady from yesterday approaches her and agrees to get Dong-joo a job as her servant if she can find the man from the swing. Following the lady’s description of pink clothes and amethyst beads, Dong-joo hits the streets. Her drawing his useless, but she happens to look up just in time to see Nokdu pass (although she doesn’t see his face) and chases after the man that fits the description. The man she catches, however, is not Nokdu.

Spoiler

TaleOfNokdu-E1500069.jpg TaleOfNokdu-E1500070.jpg

It’s King Gwanghae, but he also fits the description and confirms he’d been at the swing. Dong-joo excitedly tells him to come to the swing that evening and the king chuckles as she skips away. He then meets Nokdu and the men laugh at their similar attire. The king hands Nokdu a box of taffy (which symbolizes an encouragement to “stick” or pass the exam). He tells Nokdu to repay him by passing the exam and not to be a stranger if he does.

Nokdu departs and one of the king’s guards reports that Minister Heo has been quiet and that they looked into Yeon Soo (the name Nokdu had given) and discovered that he’d gone to the countryside for his health… and hasn’t been heard from since. Back home, Nokdu practices for the exam. Master Hwang chides him for exerting himself too much and then pulls out the bellflowers Nokdu requested. He reminisces that Yoon-jo often ate them to counteract his cough

Sure enough, Nokdu sneaks into Minister Heo’s estate to leave the bundle outside Yoon-jo’s room. He’s caught by guards, but Yoon-jo hears the noise and opens the door. He calls Nokdu’s name and the distraction allows Nokdu to get enough of an upper hand to get away.

Spoiler

TaleOfNokdu-E1500072.jpg TaleOfNokdu-E1500073.jpg

Dong-joo waits with the palace lady at the swing. The king arrives and the lady is horrified to see the wrong man approaching and runs away. Dong-joo isn’t so quick and explains to the king she must’ve made a mistake. She apologizes and runs off as well, leaving the king confused. His guard appears to report the intruder at Minister Heo’s, adding that they’d cut his sleeve and heard Yoon-jo address him as Nokdu.

On her way home, Dong-joo sees Nokdu hiding and the guards just up the street. She calls for the guards and points them in the opposite direction. When she turns back, Nokdu is gone and she runs down the street searching for him. She’s pulled into a building just as the guards turn the corner and finds herself face-to-face with Nokdu.

Dong-joo tries to escape, promising to draw the guards away, but Nokdu refuses. “I will not let you leave again,” he says firmly, “Never.” Dong-joo continues to try and get away and in the struggle, a bowl clatters loudly to the floor. They freeze as the door opens… and in walks the king!

Spoiler

TaleOfNokdu-E1500085.jpg TaleOfNokdu-E1500086.jpg

COMMENTS

Dun dun dunnnnnn! Man, this show loves cliffhangers. So King Gwanghae knows Nokdu likely isn’t who he’s claiming to be and judging from the report he got from the guards, the intruder is probably his son that he tried to murder way back when. It wouldn’t be hard to put everything together and yet, we’re only halfway? Surely the cat isn’t entirely out of the bag just yet! At the very least, there’s bound to be more twists involved. Like Minister Heo’s cryptic emphasis on why the king wanted his son dead… and was willing to kill Yoon-jo to ensure the secret stayed so.

Everything is getting super complicated and I’m left wondering what happened to the sweet fluffy romcom we started with. The episode kicked off with our leads finally facing each other with honest emotions and then it was right back to subterfuge. I do understand Dong-joo’s desire to shield Nok-du. Especially after seeing that wicked glint in Yul-moo’s eye the last time they’d spoken. Whether she’s aware of just how dark her childhood friend is or not, Nokdu faces real danger from Yul-moo because of his relationship with Dong-joo. But as Yul-moo is hellbent on killing him either way, there isn’t much point staying apart for that reason alone.

Dong-joo is still determined to exact her revenge on the king and for all the shady things the king has done, he was darn likable this episode. His interactions with both Dong-joo and Nokdu were so cute that it throws his character into question all over again. I’ve always been on the fence with the king because he’s so conflicted in his own decisions and we still have gaping holes surrounding the events of the past. He seems… human. Someone who reacts from fear and possibly regrets some of those choices, but feels unable or unwilling to withdraw from the path he’s chosen.

I do love the duality of most of the characters. Their motivations aren’t clear and their actions could be interpreted multiple ways. Is Minister Heo concerned about the good of the country and betraying King Gwanghae because he’s a bad king? Or is he just a power-hungry jerkface like the rest? Is Hwang-tae playing along with Yul-moo in order to protect Nokdu, or is he really that bitter over living in exile their whole lives? The only characters with clear alignments are our leads and Yul-moo and that’s not a bad thing. It leaves a lot of room for compromise and collaboration for common goals.

This drama has a lot of moving parts and as interesting as the whole birth-secret/political chaos lines are, it’s the lighter moments that really shine. Like poor Yeon-geun, still very much in love with Nokdu regardless of his gender. Aeng-du and Master Hwang are always a wacky treat. And as previously mentioned, even the king offered a lot of buoyancy to this episode. His moments with the leads were so sweet it makes me wish for a way that they could be a family, even though they all want to kill each other. Is it so wrong to want everyone to be happy? (Except maybe Yul-moo, I love him as a character but he’s a horrible person and doesn’t deserve a nice ending).

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/11/tale-of-nokdu-episodes-15-16/

4 hours ago, petunia said:

Their chemistry is messing with my biology. The sexual tension when they share the same screen space. My throat hurts from always screaming. My anatomy classes demand naked nokdu making videos. Someone needs to take responsibility for my grades. I've noticed that making videos aren't being uploaded on kbs world? Its been a while since I've watched a kbs drama but have they stopped uploading videos on their english channel? None of the new dramas have been uploaded there. If they're warming us up for a bed scene they better deliver because my frustrations and expectations are sky high. 

LOL... I hope you are a friend of mine so I have someone who I can scream and fangirl with in this drama :lol:. I swear it's lonely to just watch this drama alone because I cannot actually scream loud. So I'm glad we have this thread so I can vent my frustrations ... HAHA...

Yeah, KBS World is not uploading this drama in their channel which I was hoping they will from the start, but no, nada.

Maybe you should try and lower your expectations for now so that it won't disappoint you that much when it doesn't deliver it...hehe... coz I too have high expectations, it's just that I'm trying SO hard to suppress it :joy:

3 hours ago, petunia said:

All the kicking and hitting is just an excuse for skinship. Seriously dongju is the most non demure female. She is all hands on her man. All the different parts she has touched till now. Ooh. Their bed scene if we ever get one will be hot. If they don't censor it. 

That's what I like about her ! She has touched whatever is to be touched and is willing to strip ND just to save him. Imagine if she finally confesses her feelings, she's gonna be BOLD for sure :tounge_xd:.

@Sky8lue Since DJ is portrayed as a daring female lead from the get-go, I hope it transpires on their romance too ^^. She didn't even blink an eye when she blatantly lied to the King that she just met ND and she's fallen hard for him, and doesn't care about his name :D. I was like, you go, girl ~! :wub:

Tale of Nokdu: Episodes 17-18

TaleofNokdu-E1800089-copy-1.jpg

Our hero and heroine enter into a fragile truce, enabling them to befriend a good-natured administrator, unaware that he’s the man that they’re both desperate to meet. As Nokdu continues to gather evidence about the impending revolt, he does his best to keep an eye on Dong-joo, two very dangerous pursuits. When he finally gets the chance to meet the man that he’s been told is his father, he gets not one, but two surprises.

EPISODE 17: “Yul-moo Misleading Widows”

TaleofNokdu-E1700025-copy.jpg

King Gwanghae carries a lantern into a dark kitchen where Nokdu and Dong-joo are hiding. A quick-thinking Dong-joo unties Nokdu’s tunic to make it appear as if he’s just interrupted two lovers.

The king’s guard notices Nokdu’s black clothing but a flashback shows that Nokdu stole an identical tunic as he ran through the marketplace after seeing that his was damaged. When King Gwanghae recognizes the pair, he sends his guards away and Nokdu guesses that he must be a high ranking policeman. King Gwanghae uses the misunderstanding to his advantage when he explains that he’s on the lookout for someone.

When the king wonders what more the pair has in mind, Nokdu and Dong-joo jump apart. King Gwanghae asks Dong-joo for Nokdu’s name but she coyly claims that she followed him from the marketplace in the hopes that they could get to know each other better. Ahem.

Spoiler

TaleofNokdu-E1700043-copy.jpg

As the guards search for Nokdu, he walks away with Dong-joo and the king. King Gwanghae is surprised that someone as fragile as Yeon-geun’s cousin would take the military exam but he encourages Nokdu just the same. When Dong-joo clears her throat, the king catches on that his companions want to be alone but before he leaves, he tells the pair, “You two look good.”

With Nokdu out of danger, Dong-joo is about to leave as well until he pulls out her IOU, “I finally caught the person who took my money, so why should I let you go? As Nokdu pushes Dong-joo in the direction of his place, the king questions Yoon-jo.

The king remembers that Yoon-jo’s son wasn’t named Nokdu but Yoon-jo explains that his family had to change their names. The king asks to meet Yoon-jo’s son but Yoon-jo confesses that he has no idea where he is.

Spoiler

TaleofNokdu-E1700082-copy.jpg

When they reach Yeon-geun’s house, Nokdu ignores Dong-joo’s request for a room of her own. Announcing that he can’t trust her, Nokdu carries Dong-joo’s bundle into his room and she follows him.

Later, as they both lie in their beds, Dong-joo catches Nokdu staring at her. When Dong-joo asks about his wound, Nokdu hotly confronts her about leaving while he was still unconscious. Dong-joo manages to hide her feelings and answers, “That had nothing to do with me.”

Nokdu takes her by the shoulders to demand, “How can you say that,” but when Dong-joo is silent, he decides, “Fine. Do not worry about my well-being and pay me back.” Dong-joo doesn’t want Nokdu worrying about her either but he assures her that any feelings he had are long gone. When Dong-joo snaps, “I never had any to begin with,” Nokdu flops down to sleep.

TaleofNokdu-E1700093-copy.jpg TaleofNokdu-E1700090-copy.jpg

In the morning, Yeon-geun knocks on Nokdu’s door to announce breakfast but when he opens it, he jumps back in shock. Master Hwang and Aeng-du run over and see Nokdu and Dong-joo sleeping in each other’s arms.

At breakfast, Dong-joo has to endure Yeon-geun’s hostile glare while Master Hwang smiles at Nokdu. Nokdu explains that she moves around a lot during the night and Dong-joo chimes in that they were nowhere near each other when they fell asleep. Nokdu tells their housemates that the only reason that Dong-joo is back is because she owes him money.

When Nokdu and Dong-joo insist that they have no feelings for each other, Master Hwang just smiles while Yeon-geun scoffs, “Hah!” Aeng-du points out, “Since she is back, you will not be crying during the nighttime,” and an embarrassed Nokdu claims this injuries were responsible for his tears.

Dong-joo asks Aeng-du if she’s enjoying the food in Hanyang but the girl sighs that she misses Yul-moo’s dishes. Dong-joo tries to change the subject by asking Yeon-geun why he’s in Hanyang but when he blurts out that he was worried about Nokdu, they back away uncomfortably. Dong-joo announces that it’s time to go to work and Nokdu joins her, without eating a bite of Yeon-geun’s breakfast.

When Nokdu watches Minister Heo’s house, he learns that it’s being watched by royal guards and Yul-moo’s man, Park Dan-ho.

After hearing that Hwang-tae hasn’t been sleeping well, Yul-moo brings him a remedy. When Hwang-tae mentions his uselessness, Yul-moo assures him that he’ll be of great help in the near future, regaining the life that he lost.

Spoiler

TaleofNokdu-E1700144-copy.jpg

Outside of the palace, Dong-joo approaches the palace servant that she befriended and learns that no one can mention her name after the swing incident. The servant suggests that she should give up any hope of working in the palace but when Dong-joo presses a gift into her hand, she mentions that there is a way…

Ssook is reunited with Jung-sook and Yeon-boon at the Muweol Headquarters in Hanyang. After Yeon-boon reports that the surviving widows were taken to a safe place, she asks Ssook if she got a look at the man who killed Lady Cheon. Ssook didn’t recognize him but vows to find him and kill him but Yul-moo interrupts, “Do you still not get it?”

A somber Yul-moo informs the widows that Minister Heo was behind Lady Cheon’s murder. He explains that after Lady Min’s (Nokdu’s assassin) body was found in Heo’s house, the king wanted to question Lady Cheon. After Minister Heo had her killed, the king confined Heo to his house. Yul-moo proposes that Ssook should take over the Muweol Corps to get revenge against Minister Heo, while helping him to create a new world.

Armed with the support of the Muweol Corps, Yul-moo meets with Minister Heo’s faction to announce that it’s time for their revolt, without Heo. One of the ministers asks for a declaration from Yul-moo to insure that the prince doesn’t abandon their agenda and he seemingly agrees.

Nokdu watches as Yul-moo leaves the meeting but before he can follow him, Dong-joo arrives on the scene. Dong-joo enters an illegal gambling den and asks for Lord Park as we hear the palace servant’s explanation that he introduces prospective servants to his sister, for a fee.

Even though she was warned that it’s some sort of scam, Dong-joo sits across from Lord Park and plops down a bag of money, asking to work in the palace. Lord Park informs Dong-joo that it’s not nearly enough and suggests paying him back with three months of wages.

Spoiler

TaleofNokdu-E1700172-copy.jpg

Dong-joo inspects Lord Park’s promissory note and finds that the real contract amount, hidden by a piece of paper, would take thirty years to repay. Before Dong-joo can get away, Lord Park grabs her hand to force her signature.

Lord Park is pushed into the ink by Nokdu, who argues that until she repays hisdebt, Dong-joo belongs to him. Lord Park orders his men to kill them but Nokdu (looking beat up) and Dong-joo manage to get away.

When Nokdu turns around, Dong-joo gasps that he’s bleeding. Dong-joo wipes the blood from his nose but she’s talking about his side. Nokdu smiles when a worried Dong-joo drags him to a clinic.

At the palace, King Gwanghae thinks back to Yoon-jo’s answer that he was the only one who survived that day. As the king sighs heavily, the queen joins her husband, concerned by what she’s heard about Minister Heo. The king doesn’t appreciate her meddling but the queen is worried that the disloyalty of his old friend has caused him distress.

The queen remembers how kind the king was when she first came to the palace, before she lost their child. When King Gwanghae sharply reminds her that she’s not to mention that day, she points out that he never even comforted her. The king snaps, “That is the kind of husband I am. So it would be much better if you stop worrying about me.” After the queen leaves in tears, King Gwanghae looks miserable.

After examining Nokdu, the doctor points to some clean bandages and tells Dong-joo to take care of her husband. As they wait for the doctor to return, Dong-joo wraps Nokdu’s torso with a clean bandage, leaning in very closely every time it goes around his back. 

Spoiler

TaleofNokdu-E1700212-copy.jpg

Nokdu never takes his eyes off of Dong-joo’s face but she’s careful not to look at him. When Dong-joo finally asks, “What,” Nokdu wants to know, “You said that you did not care if I was hurt or not. Then, why are you worried about me?”

Dong-joo felt obligated to help Nokdu because he was hurt protecting her but Nokdu agrues that her face says otherwise. Dong-joo tells him to think whatever he wants and returns to wrapping the bandage around his body, her face just inches from his as she works.

EPISODE 18: “Trap for Yul-moo”

Spoiler

TaleofNokdu-E1800018-copy.jpg

As they walk home from the clinic, Nokdu wonders why the criminals in the gambling den haven’t been arrested. Dong-joo explains that the police make so much noise that the criminals have plenty of time to escape out the back door.

When Dong-joo asks if he’s hungry, Nokdu pulls out a small money bag that he picked up in the gambling den, unaware that her large sack is filled with coins. Nokdu tries to get her to repay her debt and as they argue, an old woman seems to recognize Dong-joo. The pair stops fighting when the king surprises them, “Are you already having a lovers’ quarrel?”

The old man asks his wife why she keeps turning around and she insists that she saw Eun-seo, the lady that they once served. He remembers burying her family’s bodies but his wife reminds him, “…we did not find a body for the lady.”

Spoiler

TaleofNokdu-E1800053-copy.jpg

The king joins Nokdu and Dong-joo for their meal and when he asks if it was rude to tag along, Dong-joo bluntly answers, “It was not nice.” King Gwanghae senses the couple’s tension and laughs amusedly when Dong-joo and Nokdu call each other “lame”.

When asked if he’s on another stakeout, the king explains that he’s not on duty, just having trouble sleeping. The king tells Dong-joo that he was headed for the swing where he first met a sad Nokdu. In an attempt to change the subject, Nokdu suggests a way to combat the king’s insomnia.

At the same time, Minister Heo informs Yoon-jo of a way to protect Nokdu from the king — have Nokdu replace his father on the throne.

Nokdu pushes Dong-joo up a steep path as the king complains, “I thought he was going to relieve my insomnia.” Nokdu good-naturedly does the same for the king as Heo makes a case for overthrowing King Gwanghae. When he calls the king a lunatic with a sword, Yoon-jo reminds Heo that he’s the one who made him that way.

Heo asks Yoon-jo to hand Nokdu over to him but Yoon-jo refuses, “I have no desire to make Nokdu do such a heinous deed. And you have no right to dethrone the King.” Yoon-jo turns away from Minister Heo, signaling that he’s done talking.

Together, Nokdu, Dong-joo and King Gwanghae enjoy a breathtaking view of Hanyang. Nokdu assures the king that he’ll sleep now that he’s exercised and advises him to stay busy throughout his day.

King Gwanghae guesses that other people can’t sleep because of the king’s incompetence. Seeing the look of surprise on Nokdu’s face, the king queries, “Do people not talk about the king behind his back?”

Nokdu asks, “Have you ever seen His Majesty,” but the king reminds him that he’s just an administrative officer. When King Gwanghae notes Nokdu’s interest in the king, both he and Dong-joo deny it and she laughs that she thought he was talking to her.

On the walk down the mountain, Dong-joo tactfully asks the king if he sleeps alone. Dong-joo gazes at Nokdu fondly as she explains how she solved her insomnia, “It helps to have someone who cares and worries about you.”

Dong-joo suggests that the king should allow his family to help him just as Nokdu interrupts, worried that she’s been badmouthing him. The king smiles as Dong-joo and Nokdu walk away bickering.

When they get home, Nokdu has to leave again but he asks Dong-joo, “You can have secrets or push me away. I do not mind. But do not do anything dangerous. Just promise me that.” All Dong-joo says is for Nokdu not to worry.

In the garden, Hwang-tae recalls Yul-moo’s promise to find and protect his father, Lord Jung Yoon-jo. At Yul-moo’s urging, Hwang-tae affixed his thumbprint to a public record below his real name, Jung Yi-hyung. A rock falls at his feet with a note attached and Hwang-tae hides it in his sleeve after reading it. Park Dan-ho reports the incident to Yul-moo who tells himself, “Soon, I will be able to meet the King’s son.”

Spoiler

TaleofNokdu-E1800198-copy.jpg

Dong-joo visits her chicks and confesses, “After I met him, I realized how much I missed him.” Master Hwang joins her to muse, “Life never goes the way you want it to.” After he explains that Nokdu “stole” a room for her, Dong-joo goes inside in time to see an upset Yeon-geun vacating his room.

Dong-joo insists that she’ll sleep anywhere but Aeng-du astutely observes, “He (Nokdu) just wants to keep you nearby. Your rooms are connected by a window.” Master Hwang scolds his daughter, “They are trying so hard to act like they do not like each other.” When Master Hwang reminds Nokdu that he has an exam the following day, he leaves to avoid Dong-joo’s questions.

Later that night, Nokdu smiles when he sees Dong-joo’s silhouette in the window of the wall that separates them. They fall asleep turned towards each other as King Gwanghae stands outside of the queen’s chambers, thinking of Dong-joo’s advice, “‘To have someone by your side who cares and worries about you.'” Instead of alerting the queen to his presence, the king walks away.

Yeon-geun, Master Hwang and Aeng-du are waiting when Nokdu exits the exam. Confident that Nokdu is on his way to becoming a general, Master Hwang pulls him into a hug. Before leaving, Nokdu exchanges a knowing look with Master Hwang.

While shopping in the market with Yul-moo, Hwang-tae asks to visit a bookstore. Instead, he goes to the illegal gambling house and asks for Lord Park with Park Dan-ho and Yul-moo right behind him.

Yul-moo sits down where he can see Hwang-tae but before Park Dan-ho can unsheathe his sword, a policeman in disguise shouts, “Arrest them!” In the confusion, Hwang-tae’s companion runs him out the back door and Yul-moo disappears.

Spoiler

TaleofNokdu-E1800271-copy.jpg

Thrown to the ground in the middle of a bamboo grove, a sack is pulled off of Yul-moo’s head and he sees Nokdu looking down at him.

In a flashback, we see that Nokdu advised the local police to infiltrate the illegal gambling house in disguise, like their superior (because he thinks the king is their boss). Nokdu used the raid to kidnap Yul-moo.

With his hand around Yul-moo’s throat, Nokdu demands to know why he involved Hwang-tae. Yul-moo makes it sound as if they met by coincidence and he merely offered him a place to stay.

Nokdu stops Yul-moo’s lies with a punch to the jaw and asks, “What do you know about me?” Nokdu grabs Yul-moo’s throat again and squeezes when Yul-moo claims that he’s not interested in him. Yul-moo manages to push Nokdu’s hand away and pulls out a knife. Nodku disarms him and punches Yul-moo’s face before sending him flying with a kick. Nokdu pulls out his sword as Yul-moo yells that he’ll pay for what he’s done.

Nokdu applies that reasoning to the innocent women that Yul-moo killed, “If you have committed a crime, you must pay for it regardless of who you are.” Before Nokdu can strike, Park Dan-ho lands in their midst. Nokdu picks up the knife and plunges it into Yul-moo’s shoulder while blocking Park Dan-ho’s attack with his sword.

After steering Hwang-tae to safety, Master Hwang greets his friend with a smile. Angry, Hwang-tae turns to leave but Master Hwang questions him. After explaining that he’s not being held against his will, Hwang-tae begs to be left alone and leaves.

Nokdu’s side wound starts to bleed as he fights Park Dan-ho. When Park Dan-ho glances over at the unconscious Yul-moo, Nokdu attacks. Park Dan-ho manages to knock Nokdu’s sword away and promises, “Let us finish this next time.” Nokdu watches helplessly as Park Dan-ho carries away Yul-moo.

Once he’s back home, Nokdu hears about Hwang-tae from Master Hwang. Master Hwang worries that the police are on their way since Nokdu attacked a member of the royal family and suggests running away. Nokdu doesn’t believe that Yul-moo will report him since he’s plotting treason. What they can’t decide is if Hwang-tae is unaware of Yul-moo’s plot or in denial.

After returning to Yul-moo’s house, Hwang-tae apologizes for allowing Nokdu to use him. Yul-moo isn’t angry because he found the king’s son, the man that he’s been looking for so that he can kill him. When Yul-moo reminds Hwang-tae that he expects his help when the time comes, he agrees, “Of course. I have already promised that to you,” but his fists are tightly clenched.

When the exam results are posted, Yeon-soo’s name (Nokdu’s latest alias) is first. Dong-joo is stunned when she learns that Nokdu is going to the palace but when he invites her to his ceremony as his family member, she tells him, “Forget it.” Alone in her room, Dong-joo sits in front of a small chest.

On the day of his ceremony, Nokdu kneels as he waits for the king. Yul-moo has been summoned by the king and is told that he just left for the awards ceremony. A drum announces King Gwanghae’s arrival and he smiles when he sees Nokdu, who looks as if he can hardly breathe.

Nokdu stands when the name Yeon-soo is called and he kneels in front of the king just as Yul-moo joins the festivities. Outside the gates, Dong-joo thinks of Nokdu’s invitation, “…you can pretend to be my family and come see me.”

Yul-moo smirks as the king reads, “First place of military service exam. Yeon Soo.” When Nokdu looks up, he sees Yul-moo and then the face of the king and recalls Hwang-tae’s words, “This is all because you are the son of His Majesty.”

COMMENTS

The pace of the story slowed a bit this hour, giving some relationships time to deepen as others fracture. Nokdu uses Dong-joo’s IOU to keep her under his roof and under his protection but he has to be careful not to disrespect her boundaries or she’ll run. Dong-joo can’t be tamed and Nokdu recognizes that, but that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t want her to be safe and happy.

It’s that constant fear that Dong-joo will leave for good that gives Nokdu the strength to control his feelings whenever he’s with her. Nokdu’s resolve was certainly tested when Dong-joo bandaged his wounds, their faces (and lips!) just inches apart from each other. I had to laugh at the way that Nokdu’s bare torso was worked into the episode and that Dong-joo had her hands on his body, yet again. Tale of Nokdu looks to be having some fun with the fans in spite of the serious nature of the current storyline.

Nokdu’s relationship with the king has become a respite for both men — if only they knew the truth and could confide in one another. For starters, they have lots to share about their experiences while in disguise. That similarity alone is awfully endearing, along with the way that they are both drawn to the swing when they need to think. It was obvious how proud King Gwanghae was when he saw Nokdu at the ceremony and how much he was looking forward to revealing his identity.

Unfortunately, the reveal was marred by Yul-moo’s presence with that smirk that promises devastation for both the king and Nokdu. Yul-moo’s admission to Hwang-tae that he plans to kill Nokdu puts another nail in the coffin of his relationship with Dong-joo as well as Hwang-tae’s with everyone that he’s ever cared about. I don’t know what Hwang-tae’s game plan is, and frankly I don’t care because I don’t like the character at all. I’m pretty sure that Hwang-tae’s machinations will put him in mortal danger and that Nokdu and Yoon-jo will pay the price for his folly. All to Yul-moo’s benefit. Ugh.

Getting back to the king and Nokdu, I’m curious what was significant about Nokdu’s birthdate. Was there a prophecy that Nokdu would bring about the end of King Gwanghae’s reign, because I do believe that’s what could happen. Not because Nokdu would agree to take his father’s place on the throne, but because King Gwanghae might be willing to abdicate to save his son’s life. That might help him to atone for trying to kill his son and depriving the queen of their baby, plus ease the pain that he hasn’t been able to live with. Please let there be a way for Nokdu to survive Yul-moo’s revolt because I’m starting to feel very uneasy about where things are headed.

It’s only a matter of time before Dong-joo discovers the real identity of the lonely man who’s quickly becoming a fixture in her and Nokdu’s life. She’s sure to be confused when her personal experiences with the king are at odds with what she’s believed about him all of these years. I’m confused too, but it’s clear that King Gwanghae has been manipulated by advisors who have their own agendas, ready to toss him aside when someone better is old enough to reign. Yul-moo has woven a web of lies to entrap the king and anyone else who might get in his way, like Nokdu and Minister Heo. It’s possible that what Dong-joo thinks that she knows about the king has all been fabricated by Yul-moo, who’s been working to take the throne for himself for years. Let’s hope that there’s a way for our trio of night owls to enjoy late night meals and strolls for years to come.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/11/tale-of-nokdu-episodes-17-18/

Minseo's "It Hurts" English Translation ....OST PART 6

Don’t look at me, close your eyes
Don’t smile at with me those eyes
It hurts too much, I made you cry
So why are you smiling at me?

Curse at me with bad words, don’t have feelings for me
Don’t live for me, let’s just have
A bad break up, let’s just be filled with regrets
So you won’t want to come back

It hurts so much
So I can’t do anything
I try emptying out by crying
But you fill me up even more
So I tried acting even more cold
And I hate myself for that
What do I do?

Don’t come to me, get farther away
You must forget all the hard times
I’m still in love
With you, who is in my heart
I want to protect you

It hurts so much
So I can’t do anything
I try emptying out by crying
But you fill me up even more
So I tried acting even more cold
And I hate myself for that
What do I do?

It hurts so much
I can’t say anything
I try to swallow it up and empty it out
So I’m closing my eyes, please understand
Just remember the day
I smiled at you
Because that’s my true heart

This song literally sums up Dong Joo's feelings for Nokdu. I like this one. Still waiting for that Kim Yeon Ji OST too :D

AND, I just saw this.. I wanna see JDY with bangs~! :rolleyes:.. he kinda looks good with it..

I'm looking forward to their photoshoots after the drama ends ^^..

Lady Kim versus Nokdu making :)

Archived