[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, jstgt1501 said:

Ooooh in the stills of 19-20 ep where appear NK, DJ and YM tgt, it seems Nokdu and DongJoo are holding hands B) will they pretend to be a couple? Or what's going on there? :lol: I can't with my curiosity, why isn't Monday already? 

That's my first thought too :rolleyes:. It's either ND holds her hand again since YM is there. His BF protective instinct.. HAHA ... the stills looks pretty serious though. Should we ready ourselves and prepare some tissues for tomorrow? Hope not. I still have a feeling we'll get a kiss scene this week :glasses:

Hwang Aeng Du (drama) vs Hwang Mi Mi (webtoon)

25 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

That's my first thought too :rolleyes:. It's either ND holds her hand again since YM is there. His BF protective instinct.. HAHA ... the stills looks pretty serious though. Should we ready ourselves and prepare some tissues for tomorrow? Hope not. I still have a feeling we'll get a kiss scene this week :glasses:

I have the same feeling. Isn't it about time for this scene (cast and crew spotted filming this scene on 10 Oct according to the source, though the photo was released around 24 Oct):

a0bf9d53ly1g89izmvjrvj20u00u011s.jpg

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

I'm kind of praying to get that kiss scene or at least a soooo affectionate hug with DJ confessing her real feelings for ND... the craving is real thou lol then PD can give to us the heartbreaking scene if he wants huhuhu 

What if the YulMu reveal is instead about DongJoo rather than NokDu? For example, revealing that they were betrothed or alluding to DongJoo's real identity? Causing conflict in that both of them are not who they seem. DongJoo mentioned before how YulMu's been 'rude' to her since he found out her real identity so I can kinda see him doing this again. I feel like he'll keep the NokDu is the King's son secret longer because its more important in the grander scheme of his own aim to be King.  

Wait, does YulMu know that DongJoo has plans to get revenge on the King?? I would think with all his information gathering abilities he actually knows by now who ordered her family's massacre...

Yool Moo won’t reveal Nokdu’s or Dong Joo’s identities to each other right away. He’s going to scheme and scheme and save the big revelation for the most devastating moment. He thinks he’s going to win DJ over by doing this, not realising he’s letting DJ and NK’s feelings grow stronger with each day. And that’s why you’re a second lead, Yool Moo. 

3 hours ago, herina_90 said:

What if the YulMu reveal is instead about DongJoo rather than NokDu? For example, revealing that they were betrothed or alluding to DongJoo's real identity? Causing conflict in that both of them are not who they seem. DongJoo mentioned before how YulMu's been 'rude' to her since he found out her real identity so I can kinda see him doing this again. I feel like he'll keep the NokDu is the King's son secret longer because its more important in the grander scheme of his own aim to be King.  

Wait, does YulMu know that DongJoo has plans to get revenge on the King?? I would think with all his information gathering abilities he actually knows by now who ordered her family's massacre...

It would be great if someone would reveal the whole back story of dongjoo. I have so many questions. If he knows about her revenge plan which I doubt since she has been secretive and keeping to herself the entire time. He would use the knowledge to encourage her to get rid of the king so the blood won't be on his hands. He would then find a way to manipulate the court so that she isn't punished severely and instead lives her life being indebted to him. The reason he hangs around her could be because he plans to emotionally blackmail her to marry him and become his queen. That would be my guess about yulmu. 

47 minutes ago, petunia said:

It would be great if someone would reveal the whole back story of dongjoo. I have so many questions. If he knows about her revenge plan which I doubt since she has been secretive and keeping to herself the entire time. He would use the knowledge to encourage her to get rid of the king so the blood won't be on his hands. He would then find a way to manipulate the court so that she isn't punished severely and instead lives her life being indebted to him. The reason he hangs around her could be because he plans to emotionally blackmail her to marry him and become his queen. That would be my guess about yulmu. 

I also agree with petunia i also think he is going to blackmail her into becoming his queen that is why DO had to find her and bring her to him.

In the new pictures it looks like they where shot after she had cried her eyes out.. her eyes look sad and dried out from all the tears... would this scene happen after her hearing ND is the kings son or before.. He is wearing the same clothes as the scene where he went to the king after YM told the king ND is his son... but i guess that most of the time he will be wearing this uniform so it probably isn't a clue..

it seems like he probably came to get DJ he found out she stays at ND place he probably threatens him.. the next day he goes to the king and tels him ND is his son so ND will get killed or something so he can go over to ND's residence and get DJ..

JDY winning hearts behind the scenes. Looks like he's in the midst of getting ready for filming as he hasn't changed into his character's robes yet (but his hair and make-up look ready).

And I think webtoon author is spoiling us with cute scenes. Guessing from the drawings that Nokdu (and the gang) are trying to cheer Dong Joo up. Scroll to the last photo:

And I just saw from the fansubs of their Kakaotalk cast interview that KSH is a real fan of the webtoon (before she knew she would be cast as Dong Joo). She mentioned that she followed the webtoon and loved the characters a lot. Which is why she felt a greater responsibility to portray the character of Dong Joo properly to do justice to the webtoon character.

Waiting for Monday be like:

unnamed.gif 

While I was rewatching eps 15-16, I really love how ND caresses DJ's hair here :).. such a simple yet sweet gesture...

Tale-of-Nokdu-15-16-1.gif 

But then after that, when ND vomited some blood...

20191103-220829.gif 

I was suddenly reminded of all the Wuxia C-dramas I've been watching :joy: (sorry, I'm just bored ^=^)

Spoiler

tenor-1.gif 

@Sky8lue I'm so happy for JDY that he's been gaining lots of attention and love from a lot of people now^^. Looks like the fan has a disability too, who probably visited or saw him filming and asked for a sign. If I was there, I'd ask for his sign too :).. perhaps the first Korean actor I'd really ask an autograph of ^-^

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

Waiting for Monday be like:

While I was rewatching eps 15-16, I really love how ND caresses DJ's hair here :).. such a simple yet sweet gesture...

But then after that, when ND vomited some blood.

I was suddenly reminded of all the Wuxia C-dramas I've been watching :joy: (sorry, I'm just bored ^=^)

Same here. I was totally reminded of the Wuxia C-dramas (it's a C-drama trope). Key characters always spew out blood in key moments like this :joy:  Before they break viewer's hearts with any separation of the OTP (hopefully not caused by noble idiocy in any case), I hope they give us some tender moments. I so miss the laugh-out-loud moments between Dong Joo and Lady Kim.

Thumbs up for the fanart for TTON (sorry I can't embed the pictures):

1) https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=nokdujeon&no=18647&page=1

2) https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=nokdujeon&no=18679&page=1

Archived