[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ameera Ali said:

These two are match made in heaven,But just  get right man the mission is saving her not to  give her bump in the head :joy:

O mY GOSH LOOOLLLLLLL my thoughts exactly :joy:

@Sky8lue I know right i was so disappointed, like why kbs whyyyyyyy 

HHm i thought KSH chose YM on entertainment weekly and now she says she chooses ND??? so which one do you want KSH 

or was it a personal choice vs drama

1 hour ago, herina_90 said:

btw! does anyone know what's in DongJoo's box that she keeps carrying around? I thought at first it was her bow and arrow in collapsible form, but is there a possibility it's something else? it seems more precious than mere weapons. I'm lowkey hoping its something more like another copy of the kings decree or something hahahaha

I thought it was the bow and arrow also. I still think it is but who knows. It might be a family heirloom but she was empty handed when she ran away from the massacre. I'm expecting more back story for dongjoo next week which we would have gotten this week had it not been for baseball. I hate baseball.

6 hours ago, rocat said:

I had a bit of trouble watching the last few eps and finaaalllly did so - all of the last 4  - at one go. Phew. A lot to digest.

While fixing the issue, reading the posts here was what kept me up to date when I was foaming at the mouth trying to get the electronics to work.

Of all the characters, schizophrenic Heo Yoon confuses me the most.

First, he is the King's BFF. That he allowed Yoon and young Nokdu to escape and burn the late King's decree were, respectively, sympathy for his BFF's son and an act of allegiance to his King.

Second, his about turn. He didn't burn the decree in the end and somehow along the way he set up a corp of assassins to raise a coup. Why?

Third, picking the new King. Heo Yoon wanted to depose the King and put up the young prince as King. He also sent his assassins after Nokdu to eliminate other potential contenders. Not keen on helping Yulmu either. Why pick Prince Yeongchang over the rest?

Fourth, Heo Yoon is under house arrest and has Nokdu's adoptive father with him. Why did he let them meet that night? He had the same look on him as the night he let them go. Wasn't he keen on killing them? He can't because the King met the father? 

Then there is that fateful night - the one where the kill order was executed and the Queen was forbidden to speak about. He must have been so insecure about his position then that he wanted all competition eliminated, including his own son. I suppose the King was regretting his decision then big time and is so overcome with guilt that he forbade its mention. 

I don't trust minister heo. Whatever his reason I put him in the same villain bracket as yulmu. Even if he turns out to not be a very bad guy he did murder the entire family of dongjoo. We still don't know why he assembled the assassins do we? He could turn out to be worse than yulmu. 

4 hours ago, petunia said:

You know the funny thing about the bandage scene? She was bandaging over the wound which had healed. I was thinking to myself the bleeding wound is on the other side why is she bandaging the one that has healed? Not that it matters any excuse for topless nokdu and skinship is good for me. I'm satisfied with their progression but they keep teasing us with so much skinship my expectations for a deep kiss and bed scene keep growing. I'm getting greedy for more.

It was on his left side waist, the injury. So she was bandaging all around it. It's just that the shot emphasized on that wound that had healed :D. You can rewatch again the scene where DJ was saying he's bleeding and he looks at his left side, also when he was topless and the physician was touching it.

I know, the TEASING... gawd... it's quite frustrating. But I still like the moments they shared in Ep 9... still with the denying and all but it's sweet :wub:.

2 hours ago, herina_90 said:

ooooh nice photo but NokDu seems to have slimmed down a far bit! I can still see the pretty in him. 

True. They must have been working so hard for the filming. I wonder how the filming is now.

1 hour ago, soesje said:

why does he look so different in the picture.. it almost seems like they photoshopped it

thank you for sharing... why did they compile all the BTS and put the kiss scene as thumbnail but there is no actual footage of the kiss scene

It does seem like they edited it :D. It's quite obvious.

It's clickbait...LOL... so that we will all rush and watch it... just to be disappointed :joy:

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

These two are match made in heaven,But just  get right man the mission is saving her not to  give her bump in the head :joy:

Awww... when he gently pats her head :wub:... sweet sweet sweet ....

1 hour ago, soesje said:

HHm i thought KSH chose YM on entertainment weekly and now she says she chooses ND??? so which one do you want KSH 

Wait...did she say she chooses ND? Sorry, still haven't watched the BTS yet.. so idk if that's where she said it :D... ahem, probably a personal choice, she should have just said Jang Dong Yoon :D... I think she only chose YM on EW interview not to spoil that YM was actually a baddie.. because why choose the evil one over the perfect Nokdu, am I right? :kiss_closed:

Yep to the comments about the BTS. I waited 20mins for that scene’s BTS to appear and my thumb turned mad rabid sore scrolling for it. Keke. Duped by that nice thumbnail too.

so far, we have two scenes of them sitting and facing each other - one kissy and the other fairly still, barely touching. There’s a third with both lying prone, great pose but quite still. Then next scene in the pattern should be prone and active, no? :kiss_wink: 

wonder what the director would come up with...

31 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Wait...did she say she chooses ND? Sorry, still haven't watched the BTS yet.. so idk if that's where she said it :D... ahem, probably a personal choice, she should just said Jang Dong Yoon :D... I think she only chose YM on EW interview not to spoil that YM was actually a baddie.. because why choose the evil one over the perfect Nokdu, am I right? :kiss_closed:

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

he didn’t give up , when everyone give up her choosing him :lol: so 

@soesje @Sky8lue Nokdu will be like 

1 hour ago, soesje said:

O mY GOSH LOOOLLLLLLL my thoughts exactly :joy:

@Sky8lue I know right i was so disappointed, like why kbs whyyyyyyy 

Everyone keeps asking Dong Joo to choose between Nokdu and Yulmu (at least three times now? This is becoming the most asked question LOL).

I just watched the fansubbed version (mandarin subs) which I'm translating into English:

Soon Nyeo (SN):  So what's your choice?

Dong Joo (DJ):  Who I choose is not important. 

SN: ...because the scriptwriter will choose for you (caption: realist)

DJ:  The scriptwriter will choose according to the viewer's wishes.

So our smart-thinking DJ cleverly avoids answering the question this time! I don't think she wants to deal with jealous and naggy ND LOL.

In the TTON universe, it's impossible for DJ to choose YM, not after the villainous deeds he has committed. Poor Kang Tae Oh - at the beginning of the BTS, he said that he really thinks that Yulmu is evil (after seeing the destruction at Widows' Village) and that his heart is not so strong.

BTS photo from the producer:

@Sky8lue @lightbringer06Aha so she doesn"t say ND but she probably felt it deep in her soul that the right choice is ND.. But you know in the TTON DJ is not yet aware that YM is the one that burned down the widow village and killed her beloved lady Chun... So until she actually finds out she would still be able to choose him even though i dont think she would since she is in love with ND:wub:

There are so many things i still want to see from DJ, like when she will find out about YM true nature, when she will find out about the king that he is the kind ahjussi, what she will do after knowing ND is the kings son.. 

@rocat I agree we have to see the active follow up at least once 

@realistic2280a As much as that would seem nice i dont think it would happen, there is too much history for every character for  that to happen.. i actually think YM will take the throne and like someone else said he would probably be powerless and i think that is fair enough.. i think YM craves power and control but if that is taken away from him I think he would be in a torturous position no?

I just hope DJ and ND get to live a happy life hopefully keep in touch with every one they find important including YG

my LO walked in at the end of ep 17... when the bandage was getting wrapped over a healed wound... by DJ rather than the doctor (who was drunk???)

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

LO stood over my shoulder and asked that the #ell I was watching... I have never blushed over a more pg show/moment in my LIFE. I told him sageuk men and women have the self control of saints... he agreed and pointed out that if I was dressing his wound... well I'll leave the rest to your imagination. :wub:

anyway. love this drama... BUT super confused about the relationship between the king and the queen dowager(???)... did his dad steal his wife? because her son was def the one calling the king brother... or have I completely gotten confused??? w'agjnjsfdjpmoq'ewdkf

Ahhh... staaaahhhp, Nokdu-ya, you'll melt Dong Joo :P

20191031-175730.gif 

And this is how JDY stares at KSH off cam :)♡♡♡ 

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-1.gif

source: FinnPic

These two cutie patootie :love:

I really love the choreography of the fight/action scenes here. And this move right here is SO sleek ^^..

20191031-191340.gif 

Some info about JDY. He deserves the popularity. Hope we can see some couple post interviews and photoshoots after TTON :)

Spoiler

20191031-193807.png 

https://www.hancinema.net/the-tale-of-nokdu-jang-dong-yoon-s-fan-cafe-members-double-135086-amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

So the last time I commented was complaining about the rapid turn to violence and extreme angst, but I think they made up for it this week by not separating the couple for long, keeping the pace high and also not holding back on showing the sexual attraction between our OTP. They shine when they're together, and it's such a joy to watch. Dong Jo's continued brooding bogs thing a bit down for me though. I'm aware that her survivors guilt froze her at the time of her family's complete wipeout and she needs help moving on, but just give her some lighter moments once in a while like the night out with the king. KSH is seriously amazing in this role, my appreciation of her delicate but striking acting grows by each episode. 

Oh Nokdu, you're but an innocent boy still (despite the bloodshed). Although he's quick thinking and clever, he's not quite politically savvy. Capturing and attacking a prince is a badly calculated misstep imho. I think It would be a disaster for him to be made king, and it would probably ruin him. He deserves a quiet life out of the palace.

The martial arts master is absolutely hilarious (I love this veteran actor). I found him and Aengdu's characrers a bit annoying in the beginning, but OMG, the way he handled those thugs in that drunken stage, how he side eyes the OTP when they deny their feelings, and when he shielded his daughter's eyes upon seeing Nokdu and Dongju in bed LMAO He's a total scream!:w00t::w00t: I need a compilation of his funny moments.:grimace:

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

What naked statue doing there are they giving him private lesson :joy: 

** but at least our guy don’t see any woman except our girl :joy:

With everything that was going on, how did you manage to get distracted by the suspect-looking statue in the corner :joy: Which residence(?) were they at in this scene? Was it the doctor's clinic or were they at the lodging that lovelorn Vice-Curator YG rented for the group?

And it's the return of Lady Kim:

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

What naked statue doing there,  are they giving him private lesson :joy: because they think he didn’t know anything :joy:

You are very observant! 

This scene has appeared in every page so far I think so it must strike a significant chord. I couldn’t put a finger on why until I read an interpretation of this scene from a blog that made me suddenly shy watching it again, and again...keke

quoting @packmule3 

(If you read this, I hope it’s okay to quote you here!)

“They aren’t really doing much. She’s just wrapping the bandage around his waist. But it’s the visual image. He’s just sitting still and she’s the one, on him, moving in and out. She’s the one in control of the rhythm and depth of closeness. She can do it faster or she can lean in more if she wanted to. Do you get what I’m saying? lol.

I think it’s subtle and “artistic” how kdramas can evoke steamy sex scenes without showing body parts and grunting moves. And the amusing part is these are easy to miss.”

Archived