[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

Watch: IU Sings Special OST For “Hotel Del Luna” + Reportedly No Plans For Official Release

3119f149d12049b2a85db17f3c38fe36.jpeg?s=

IU surprised viewers of “Hotel Del Luna” with a special OST during the August 18 broadcast.

Spoiler

Episode 12 ended with Jang Man Wol (played by IU) and Goo Chan Sung (played by Yeo Jin Goo) hugging and kissing. As IU’s voice sang in the background, Jang Man Wol confessed her feelings for Goo Chan Sung and an emotional scene played out onscreen.

A source from IU’s agency said, “It’s true that IU sang [the OST]. We’re aware that it’s a song she made with Jehwi.” Jehwi is a musician who has participated in writing many tracks including IU’s “Through the Night,” Jung Seung Hwan’s “The Snowman,” and EXO member Chen’s “Flower.”

According to a source from Ilgan Sports, however, there are reportedly no plans for the release of this OST and it was specifically inserted as an ending song for the dramatization of this scene.

“Hotel Del Luna” airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 9 p.m. KST.

Check out the ending scene with IU’s OST below:

Really? Why not? :bawling:

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

Anyone else noticed he pulled her in and kissed her on the bottom lip then camera angle changed and it's the top lip. XD did they just not noticed when they cut the film? Or does this imply they've been at it for longer than shown hahaha. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I've been watching their kiss... on-loop

like i am in a trance.... 

confused0065.gif

Spoiler

I wonder how many takes the scene took, based on the different angles,  upper lip, lower lip...:sweatingbullets: mian-hae i am no pervert...it's just that it is only now that we got a real kiss.

----------------------------------

You know after that kiss ...they can uhmm..take it a little further (MW and CS i mean....hahha).
If they can stay in Room 404 we might have a fantastic baby too...little MW or little CS.

And if MW becomes pregnant....that sinister MaGo-4  cannot take her away.... right

What would it take to make that MaGo leave MW alone?  :angry:

• Like 4
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, ynnubdraobyek said:

Anyone else noticed he pulled her in and kissed her on the bottom lip then camera angle changed and it's the top lip. XD did they just not noticed when they cut the film? Or does this imply they've been at it for longer than shown hahaha. 

Since both tears up a lot maybe they need a break to wipe the tears and snorted that's way I find for the first time HDL made weird editing, but yeah...the scenes are supposed the heartbreaking one but lucky they could smoothly wrap up..or because IU song we just seeing good out comes :joy:

The bts must be fun thou.

• Like 6
  • Naughty 2

chanced across this on IG.. so sad :(

and.. if CS IG account has been intentionally deleted, then it cuts off the memories left behind on social media if he really takes the medicine :huh:

i dun think CS will take over the hotel.. it will just vanish along with MW and the moontree.. it was established cos of MW’s will and MG who allowed it.. he should, go back and continue live his human life as it is :)

deities should stop making secret pacts with souls and humans!! its against SOBC and non compliant! and MG4 is abusing her power too much.. lets report them to Heaven authorities and get her title stripped B)

more IG for you chingus! the HDL staff are in love with CS too lol

and YJG update

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Either way Jang Manweol is going to be angry with Yeonwoo and Mr.Firefly for deciding what's best for her. Why did Yeonwoo have to do this kind of self sacrifice just to keep her alive I don't understand.

The minute Koo Chanseong got a call from Jang Manwol that she is coming to meet him I felt the past echo through the air. She was right to insist on going to his house a few more times. She should have asked Black Mago to stop posturing and point towards where Koo Changseong is right at that moment. She better put an alarm system on him! Thank god it's the modern times where  mobile phones exist and not drinking jars hung on trees to signal to come and see them.

• Like 10

I think this is the second time she teased CS about this.....

She's so brazen and forward in torturing CS like this... 

Raising his shock-levels to 1000volts ...hahha i cannot with CS exasperated face :lol:

48572627186_ecc1ea1f38_z.jpg

:o

48572630631_e280c0a128_z.jpg

:sweatingbullets:  So who's bluffing ..? 

It would take a super cold shower to cool you down both, hhaaha
Hahhha...just make babies already

48572633716_a3ce56ba45.jpg

• Naughty 4
  • LOL 14

4 hours ago, __jesse said:

The Painting of Mount Baekdu and Its Significance

In HDL, the side stories often run parallel to the main plot. Notably, the painting of Mount Baekdu has been repeatedly mentioned, which begs the question: what’s the significance of this painting?

Continue reading under spoiler:

The painting represents a place that doesn’t exist anymore.

For the tiger, it’s Mount Baekdu.

For Chansung, it’s his life before meeting Manweol.

Just like the tiger, Chansung is forcibly thrown into a strange and scary world.

Naturally, Manweol’s first order of business as zookeeper is to get rid of the painting. According to the script, she wants to sell the painting for money. But symbolically, it’s her way of telling Chansung to forget about his life in the past.

This explains why Chansung’s severance pay came in the form of the painting. Manweol is giving Chansung a chance to go back to his old life: a life without her and ghosts.

Chansung can’t go back to his Mount Baekdu if he can still see ghosts. Hence, the painting and the medicine come in a set.

Which makes it even more meaningful that Chansung returns the medicine and sells the painting. It is symbolic of Chansung’s resolve to stay by Manweol’s side, come what may.

It’s pure wicked humour on the writers’ part to have Manweol send a tiger print suit to Chansung. He’s officially Manweol’s pet tiger now. Roar.

Also

the drama opening credit gave us the clue of foreshadowing ChanSung to be represented by the tiger just like ManWol.

tumblr_pwgx11XzBa1ysdlreo1_1280.pnj

• Like 17

38 minutes ago, nikki7 said:

Just read these translation from YJG latest ig post and

Do you know where this is from?

Just trying to know if 

(a) YJG wrote this

(b) it is part of the script (like CS or another character said it)

(c) lyrics from the OST? 

4 hours ago, ynnubdraobyek said:

Anyone else noticed he pulled her in and kissed her on the bottom lip then camera angle changed and it's the top lip.

They kissed several times. Aside from the ones you observed, CS's hand position also changes. Two of the scenes, CS's hand was over MW's hair, but in slightly different position. In a third one, CS's hand was under MW's hair. So you can tell THAT THEY DID IT SEVERAL TIMES. :w00t::wub: I just hope we see this in the BTS. 

5 hours ago, charlieblue17 said:

The gods made it such that MW loving CS is enough to destroy them both. Given that  her original trauma was about her loving someone causing the destruction of everything she holds dear, I don't know what to call that except cruel…

I agree 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Do you know where this is from?

Just trying to know if 

(a) YJG wrote this

(b) it is part of the script (like CS or another character said it)

(c) lyrics from the OST? 

They kissed several times. Aside from the ones you observed, CS's hand position also changes. Two of the scenes, CS's hand was over MW's hair, but in slightly different position. In a third one, CS's hand was under MW's hair. So you can tell THAT THEY DID IT SEVERAL TIMES. :w00t::wub: I just hope we see this in the BTS. 

Yeah i think so too... cause one angle they also need to time the falling of her tears while they kiss. That could have taken a few more tries...^_^

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Well, kissing scenes are usually taken from several angles, so they'd need to do at least one take for each angle and therefore kissing each other multiple times is necessary. All part of the job. ;)

YJG replied to the group photo, and he kind of matched Man Wol's hashtag:

Also, YJG's post sounds like something Chansung could say in a future episode? But is he allowed to leak the script, hehehe. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Well, kissing scenes are usually taken from several angles, so they'd need to do at least one take for each angle and therefore kissing each other multiple times is necessary. All part of the job. ;)

It should all be in the BTS. :lol:

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Also, YJG's post sounds like something Chansung could say in a future episode? But is he allowed to leak the script, hehehe. 

Right? :lol: Because a few of the words were spoken by YW and the last line is from Episode 12, but the rest, it seems like he wrote it himself? But it could just be some other line in the script or from the songs? IDK

MY FAVORITE DUO THAT NEVER WAS (until yesterday's episode). :wub: I love this so much. I love that GR is hanging out at the bar always. That's where he was too when he told MW not to scold his employees because it seems she doesn't know a lot about CS too. :lol: There's a missed opportunity here knowing how he served as a comic relief in WWWSK. 

I love the caption too, if that's what it says: ONLY BUDDIES WHEN DRINKING ALCOHOL. HAHAHA I'm so entertained.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 4
  • LOL 5

7 hours ago, charlieblue17 said:

I’m hurt and I’m sad and I’m kind of angry. The fabric is tearing at the seams and for the first time the narrative core stopped making sense to me. it’s no longer about forgiveness, or the healing power of love, or moving on. I no longer have any idea what the hell is the point.

Yeah, if the whole thing was just to fall in love and have a love great enough to let go of the guilt and hate of a thousand years, but have to leave each other in the end and feel the pain of losing the one you love, I'm OK with that. I mean, that's life. But what is all this talk of super scary extra stuff Chansung has to pay?! And I get that with loving with someone comes the fear of losing them, but the optics of having Man Wol's life end (petals falling) in fear is just Not A Good Look. Come on, Magos, I was rooting for you! How dare you! :angry: You better have a good explanation! (They still have a bit goodwill left with me though for letting Smirkalot stay as a bug for a thousand years. Still hilarious.)

29 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

It should all be in the BTS. :lol:

I can just imagine the two of them laughing and joking around while filming that scene, while here we are getting dehydrated from crying. And then Yeo Jin Goo with that post still coming for our tear ducts even when the episode has ended. He has no mercy! :tears:

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Gosh the last part of Ep 12 is too heavy-on-the-heart...

MW and CS tears...their voice breaking :(

I am so replacing the falling flowers with artificial- ornamental ones that will not wilt or fall off even for another thousand years ...the MaGo s are so whipped.

mad0225.gif 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Now I am crying for Firefly Guard......:bawling:

He also sacrificed reincarnation to stay the 1000+ years with her...

And the little boy... why is this an episode for crying... :bawling::bawling:

The theme for today's episode seem to be about 'those who were left behind'

• Like 6
  • Love 2