[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

Finally, 1st Mago confirmed that the firefly is indeed CM's spirit. 

The others followed her that night, except one who turn back to the hotel and holding on for 1300 years. 

He stays because of his promise to MW. 

The voice over that told CM to be the betrayer so MW will live is YW's voice. 

I was right that CM and YW did have an agreement before unbeknownst to MW. 

The kiss is not a break up kiss, but rather kind of affirmation and consolation kiss for both to not be afraid when the time come for CS to send off MW.

CS said how could he will be okay about sending her off when he knew it is coming. Just thinking about how he would not be able to see her anymore is driving him crazy.

To this MW said, you have to be okay with, if you are not okay, then it will be fearful for me. 

For the whole episode, I lost count to how many times MW repeating "afraid" or "fear" this word. Hmmm..

The lifeline surgery subplot, somehow make me thinks did the sacrifice from CM to abandon reincarnation gave "lifeline" to MW to keep staying in the hotel? OR did Mago meant CS lifeline will be the price he has to pay for "reliving" MW dead heart?

"Manwol still doesn't know what price CS has to pay. If she knows, she would be really sad and afraid"

What is it that would make MW going to fear about related to CS? His life? 

Apparently JW became a very strong evil spirit it seems, due to the "support and desire" he get from the filthy site's members to curse GCS. I hope MW could finish him off next episode, I'm getting tired to see his face though. 

Please don't make JW is the ultimate reason for CS life to be in danger.. 

Don't tell me because of MW he is reconnected to the broken fate, and because of the unexpected turn of fate, he will pay it with his life? There must be something about lifeline that link the price that CS has to pay, else why would they put the lifeline surgery subplot into this episode. Hmmm....

• Like 6
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Ellander88 said:

The voice over that told CM to be the betrayer so MW will live is YW's voice. 

I was right that CM and YW did have an agreement before unbeknownst to MW. 

Woaaah so that's what happened. I thought about this too before because it really seemed like CM is in love with MW, and that scene between CM and YW looking at each other when CM knocked YW done shows there could be something that happened there. Interesting. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

The serial killer though, I've been wondering why he didn't keep any of the victim's belonging as his trophy.

Apparently he kept their blood in the wine bottle! Gosh! 

That's super creepy, insane kind of psychopath we have here. 

He is having some kind of god complex, or maybe because his father was a judge and he has some daddy issue with his father reputation as judge, he became the judge and executioner for that Helllo site. Urggghhh!!!

I hate it he got the "internet protection shield" even when he died! 

I was ready to scream "Be gone!!!" when MW want to strike him with her fan...but to my disappointment, those internet curse thing protecting him. Duh!:angry:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Woaaah so that's what happened. I thought about this too before because it really seemed like CM is in love with MW, and that scene between CM and YW looking at each other when CM knocked YW done shows there could be something that happened there. Interesting. 

It was just a voice over during the flashback scene when the princess and CM stand in front of them, during which the princess gave her mercy to MW. But, I am sure that is YW's voice. CM hold the hairpin tightly till his palm bleed as he looks regretfully to MW. Sigh... what a cruel fate they had. 

I don't know how will MW react when she know the truth about CM and that firefly. I think I have to prepare at least 3 boxes of tissues when the time for their reconciliation happen. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

MW: When I met you for the first time, the flowers in this neighborhood had blossomed and it's so pretty, but now there is nothing. Back then, you were so scared when you met a ghost for the first time. Today I am like you (she is scared). The flowers are falling.
CS: I see
MW: There's no petal remaining on the ground. Before it landed, it has already disappeared. I guess there won't be any petals left behind
CS: Perhaps, just like the first time, the flowers that fall from your tree is coming towards me. It will fill the ground, it will be heavy and painful. It will be my responsibility to bear and I accept it. That's why, don't feel afraid when you leave me. This is the only thing that I can give with all my might to you as a weak human. My love 
MW: To be left as flower petals that will disappear, it is too sad

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Ellander88 said:

I don't know how will MW react when she know the truth about CM and that firefly. I think I have to prepare at least 3 boxes of tissues when the time for their reconciliation happen. 

I have a strong feeling when MW finds out, she'll decide to forgive him. That she'll think CM accepting his fate and becoming a firefly is enough punishment, and this would free CM too. He can also leave peacefully knowing MW forgave him for not doing anything. And yeah, I think it will be a sad scene too. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

I have a strong feeling when MW finds out, she'll decide to forgive him. That she'll think CM accepting his fate and becoming a firefly is enough punishment, and this would free CM too. He can also leave peacefully knowing MW forgave him for not doing anything. And yeah, I think it will be a sad scene too. 

I mean, the legendary scene between MW and YW detective reincarnation was so impactful, I can't imagine what kind of emotion and expression would MW shows to us when the truth about CM is revealed. I still replay that particular scene MW looking at YW with a smile and at the same time sad expression many times and it still leave me in awe of how impactful that scene was. 

BTW, what a pleasant surprise that IU sing the OST. :w00t: When I watch the ending scene, I thought to myself, why do I feel familiar with this voice? LOL! That's what she's been hinting in her instagram with that singing pose. LOL! :joy:

Edited by Ellander88
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

MW: When I met you for the first time, the flowers in this neighborhood had blossomed and it's so pretty, but now there is nothing. Back then, you were so scared when you met a ghost for the first time. Today I am like you (she is scared). The flowers are falling.
CS: I see
MW: There's no petal remaining on the ground. Before it landed, it has already disappeared. I guess there won't be any petals left behind
CS: Perhaps, just like the first time, the flowers that fall from your tree is coming towards me. It will fill the ground, it will be heavy and painful. It will be my responsibility to bear and I accept it. That's why, don't feel afraid when you leave me. This is the only thing that I can give with all my might to you as a weak human. My love 
MW: To be left as flower petals that will disappear, it is too sad

This is too sad for my heart.. The love that chansung have is really pure for this world.. I mean for him to actually said out loud that he's fine even when accepting the truth she will gone and still loving her really break my heart.. In other word he willing to accept all the memories and love toward her even when she gone and he will left behind alone.... :tears:

For the skinship part i actually okay with that kiss cause the little thing is essential for our manchan story.. Since the beginning i already see how this will unfold cause its not the skinship but the way they are with each other is prove how they care and love.. I think even after this the kiss scene will be sad cause unless some twist will happen in the end we will get more angst for our otp.. 

Spoiler

Both IU and YJG seem really close and comfortable with each other but i think they super careful with how much they show their friendship cause as IU fan she never show publically her male friend even when they close and i heard YJG also like that.. But seeing how they act with each other i pretty sure they close irl... Can somebody confirm this i never heard YJG call IU noona..?? 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Ooh, that text preview! I guess the upcoming episodes will be the staff getting their closure (or not) and moving on.

@alleram95 Thank you for translating that last scene! The most overproduced kiss scene to end all overproduced kiss scenes. Slow motion! Backlight here! Cut to petals falling! Backlight there! Moar petals flowing! Backlight everywhere! Epic OST! Then again they didn't use the 360-degree rotating camera, so maybe I should dock points for that. :lol: But that dialogue though! THAT DIALOGUE. :tears:

Other stuff as usual (super thanks to Dramamilk for their live recap!):

Spoiler

- Annoying serial killer gets to live---or well, hang around as a ghost---another week. Mago hates me. Hmph.

- So Chansung can bring the psycho scary vibes when he wants to. He was so scary when he was cocking the gun and spinning it like a damn bottle and threatening annoying serial killer with a smile on his face. Damn, Chansung!

- OMG Smirkalot really is the firefly. This is hilarious! At least Man Wol got to help a lot of ghosts and people, parade around in the best wardrobe in the universe, drink tons of champagne and makgeolli, drive fancy cars, etc etc while for 1,300 years Smirkalot was hanging around...being a firefly. Bwahahaha! (I apologize to the fireflies I've offended.)

- I forgot who here wanted moar Grim Reaper...congratulations, you willed it into existence! I love the Man Wol + Reaper alliance, making deals over drinks in the Sky Bar. May it prosper.

- So the new Hype Thing this week is Chansung's "punishment." So it's for reviving Man Wol, and they're teasing how it's going to get so much worse than it is now. Hey now, Magos, that's kind of a whole lot of unfair, dontchuthink?! But alright, I get it, life (and death) is unfair. Or no, I take that back. Magos, you'll have to explain how that works.

- For a show whose theme revolves around people dying, I think this is the first episode that focused on the grief of the people the dead left behind. Of course it's to parallel what's going on with Man Wol, and how she's so afraid of the grief Chansung will go through when she leaves. Which leads to...

- This EPIC DOOMED ROMANCE. I love that it's such a different romance from most other dramas. I've accepted that it was never going to be a sexy romance. I love how they've both accepted from the start that it's doomed, and they know that it will be very painful, but they decided that it's worth being able to love each other in what short time they have together. And I love that even though they've accepted it, it's still really hard on them. I had read a recap or comment elsewhere in the earlier episodes that doubted whether their love could be the epic kind that these types of shows usually gun for. But now, how can you get more epic than this? Take all my feels! 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Before i go to sleep... just wanna say, great that GCS's IG is gaining traction and have over 1500 followers now... it maybe difficult to catch up with full moon's but at least its gaining popularity. 

Cant wait to see the sub episode tmr.

Good night everyone! Sweet dreams! :)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ondine said:

Agency person said there are no plans to release IU's OST. Like what?!

Perhaps they mean no plans for now, not yet set the date. Just like “Done for me” has only been released today but it has been used since early episodes.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 5

Here is my try of translating the new OST by IU (not 100% correct)

I wish that our ending isn't a sad ending.
When we remembered about this moment

So that we won't cry
Shouldn't we have all happy ending?

If it can't, it will become a very painful wound
To remember you, will it hurt me in the end?
Will that killing me?

Looking at you who is weak

For a moment I forget about my long agony
This way I want to hug you once more

Rather than my growing fear

I keep having a greed that I can't hold in
In the sunny winter 
I will miss you 

If it can't, please remember me with this scene.
Our sadly beautiful night too
With falling flower petals
All happy ending

Hmm I'm just guessing but maybe IU write the lyrics of the song herself? Because she has the script, she can perfectly describe the ending of episode 12 in the song.

PS :

Spoiler

To all of you who like my translations, even with many mistakes, Thank you. :) 

I just want to inform that next week, I don't think I can give translations because I will be away for business trip. Hopefully I can still watched some cut scenes and read the discussions in here. If I have free time, I will try and post translation for some scenes. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8