Quantcast

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

1 minute ago, jasminssiii said:

It's 2 am here I just finished watching ep 12 with subs and I'll have a class later at 8 am urgh. All I can say is that I'm sure that the debt/punishment CS has to pay for MW to go in the afterlife is his life. There are many foreshadowing in tonight's episode especially with that lifeline story and Mago saying that MW will surely be sad and scared when she learns what CS has to pay. If the writers really want to send MW to the afterlife they just better send CS with her lol I'll consider that as a happy ending instead of the other one being reincarnated and meeting again like naah I've had enough of those haha. I can't believe we only have 2 weeks left huhu

I agree! If Mago decides CS must pay with his life then better send them off together. I can’t accept reincarnation and staring at each other ending. Especially NO to open ending. After all the emotions i am going through, i better get an exact answer on the ending. Two weeks left and everything will continue to be filled with angst and anticipation for us.

And it is just a drama :joy: (my mom always says korean dramas are just for us to run away from reality. No arguments there lol).

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously how come that all guys in the hotel are so dense   I mean the girl hints    and hints    and HINTS    and hints some more  I mean EVERY

Ohmygod they're going official!   And oh no! Im Si Wan sent YJG a food truck and YJG replied, asking should he book room 404 for him...  

Dear Goo Chan Sung   isn’t fair to kiss only top part can you share your attention   Specially for woman that didn’t kiss for 1000 years      @sadthe1st & @vangsweet

Theory on How CS will bring CM to MW: 

Spoiler

In Episode 12, we saw CS allowing a ghost to use his body again, just like when he was helping the ghost with hollow eyes. MW warned CS not to do this again without her, maybe it's dangerous? 

What if CS allows firefly CM to do so with his body so he can meet MW? 

• Like 11
  • Insightful 3

just finished. goodness it took me two hours with all the replaying, pausing and crying haha.

I did not know what I was crying about anymore, the parents and kid, sanchez, MW and CS, then sanchez again, then MW and CS haha

It was sad, but still they are very lucky. they know what is coming and they can prepare (unlike sachez), and they are using their time together well, and are being honest with each other, saying what they feel and saying things to comfort each other

MW had always been resigned to her fate, CS was too but has only recently realized what it really means to send MW off, which then makes MW sad and waver. I wonder if they will try to fight the deities in the latter episodes?

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, aria26 said:

I wonder if they will try to fight the deities in the latter episodes?

I hope so, especially that 4th Mago. I loved the scene at the beginning of Episode 12 when MW talks back to 4th Mago and mocks her. The gods in this series are unbelievable. How can they have different interests/intentions, most of them cruel. I mean why introduce a good person like CS to MW just so CS can send her off to the afterlife? Also, all of this after MW was betrayed by CM in the past and had YW taken away from her. 

• Like 12
27 minutes ago, jasminssiii said:

It's 2 am here I just finished watching ep 12 with subs and I'll have a class later at 8 am urgh. 

there goes our weekend huh

haha

It will be winter soon (it seems we've been skipping fall), and I spent my hot summer weekends waiting for HDL episodes instead of meeting real life CS outside. hayst

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

All I noticed during Man-Weol/Chan-Sung's kiss scene was how BIG his hands were!:w00t: Apart from that it was another sad.. sad.. ep.:tears: Knowing the dying have to leave the living behind..

Ji-Won's still at large like the Room #13 ghost , only he is the very incarnation of evil.:angry: I think ep. 12 alludes to the toxic culture of netizens & their mean comments that could destroy lives~ I like how each ep. each ghost has a story to tell with a lesson to impart. It deals with current issues that're relevant. 

I really resonated with Chan-Sung... he is not willing to let Man-Weol go (who does actually?) It's out of our hands when their time comes..

• Like 8
  • Love 3

After watching with sub, I have different take that the price CS has to pay may not be his life, for example, like by getting into danger such as meeting an ill-fated relationship like JW.

That's why, when Grim Reaper report to 1st Mago that MW strike a deal with him to lessen the price CS has to pay, 

Mago replied that MW has yet to realize the real price that CS has to pay. MW must've thought that the price CS has to pay is by getting his life in danger due to the reconnection to supposedly broken ill-fated relationship because of what 4th Mago said to her.

But, that's not it.

That's not what MW afraid most about CS as she can protect him from the danger of other vengeful spirit.

The real price would be the pain of being left behind, just as the lifeline kiddo felt too - that he is afraid to see his parents being in pain after his death. 

That's why Mago said, when she finds out what the real price is, she will be sad (knowing that he will be in pain) and afraid (to leave him like that). 

CS has already started to feel it... the thought about not being able to see her anymore is now driving him crazy already..and it's already torture him to be the one who has to send her off. 

And MW is now witnessing such pain through few encounter with the living people who are being left behind such as Sanchez and the kiddo's parents.

However, the scene when CS lying down looking at his lifeline somehow making me nervous (viewing from MW perspective:ph34r:). I think he is thinking about giving up anything that he could even if its his life perhaps to keep being able to see MW, just like the kiddo's parents. CS already admitted that he would do anything he could do to cling onto her when they argue over the matter outside Sanchez restaurant. I am not sure what is already in his mind (Hong sisters' mind to be exact)..he could be thinking of striking deal with the deities already. 

Gosh, I really have no idea how would this drama ends. 

It's not like CS is immortal to be able to wait for MW's being reincarnated.

The one who's been immortal that is going to the afterlife. 

I think I should stop guessing and just wait and see what gonna happen.

That being said, I am anticipating for the final showdown between MW and JW the vengeful spirit. I hope his arc would be wrap up next week. I don't want to see his face again (as a character). 

I am taking MW's word literally that she should have brought her gun to shoot him to dust... so, I'm waiting for that beautifully crafted gun in action again. wooohooo! :skull:

• Like 14
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

And it is just a drama :joy: (my mom always says korean dramas are just for us to run away from reality. No arguments there lol).

Talking about mom :blush:

Isn’t she reminds us of moms in these two scenes :joy:

5d59a93e4ccfd325888660.gif?download

5d59a993c6172404036973.gif?download

Next time guide for her :joy:

5d59aa2e9531d199102726.gif?download

• Like 2
  • LOL 17

I actually love the deities because they represent real life. It is not man's life to be happy all the time and with happiness also comes pain, sadness, and suffering. Life is not life without the other things too and I'm glad these deities are showing her that.  Her mocking them only reflects bad on her character. She gives as good as she gets and hopefully, her soul will change before she evaporates.

• Like 13

5NpYHUG.jpg

It's me, the CM apologist again.

I just came here to say that I hope he would get a "proper closure" as well, after 1300 years being the small light no one cares about.

And Yeon Woo said "You, live as a traitor so that Man Weol could live as well". Mystery solved.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
On 8/2/2019 at 5:48 AM, uglypearl said:

Sorry if someone already posted this  

Speaking about Room 404 

404 in Hangeul is   "사영사" (Sa Yeong Sa)

4 사 sa  - another meaning  is  "death" ( "死"  in  hanja )

0 영 yeong - another meaning is "forever/ eternal" ("永" in  hanja )

- it could also mean "spirit" ("靈" in  hanja )

Based from this meaning, it's possible that the people who entered in that room will die and become a spirit/soul 

0 is between two 4's (two 4's are blocking the 0) - the soul  will be trapped and remain there forever / for all eternity

Just to add to this discussion with latest info from episode 12:-

So room 404 takes Koo ChanSeong to Incheon , whose post/zip code starts with 404!! Well some of the post/zip codes!! But  did he want to go there subconsciously, if so why?:D

• Like 11

Such beautiful scenes from the past. :wub:

MW rode through that forest with such longing.

CM waited quietly by the lake, but there was quiet happiness

on his face , and the expectation that she would come.

A pity, MW never find out that he wanted to give her that hair ornament.

But, its ok, all great loves are sad.    

• Like 8
  • Love 3

This episode was giving a hint for finale right?

1st Man Go telling Gream Ripper: It sound like Man Wol doesnt know the price Chang Sung has to pay yet. Once she finds out, she will be sad.

3th Man Go telling Man Wol: You will die when you afraid more!

This are looks like a hints. I can make 2 prediction:

1st senario: They will tell Man Wol choose one of them: Going Hell & Chang Sung dead..She will choose going hell coz she want him to live but he will learn this and decide to take his own life to protect her from hell. But she will sacrifice herself. 

2nd senario:  any decision. ıf she die Chang Sung will take the lead of the Hotel he chosen as next owner. That is why they keep saying him "You will have a long life" ..Actually She really want to go after life but also dont want to leave him in Hotel prison. that also mean they wont meet in other world. 

They are very sad endings but it is Hong Sisters so I am not expecting a happy end...:unsure:

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 2
29 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Such beautiful scenes from the past. :wub:

MW rode through that forest with such longing.

CM waited quietly by the lake, but there was quiet happiness

on his face , and the expectation that she would come.

A pity, MW never find out that he wanted to give her that hair ornament.

But, its ok, all great loves are sad.    

Like always you find the romantic side of sadness and the greatest sacrifices who's man could do for his love one.

It's Shameful some of Us really can't notice his actions even thou they've reading the characters descriptions.

He is true warriors 

Cogito ergo Sum

I am thinking,therefore I exis

• Like 10

I had watched a short clip of the kiss before knowing any of the context. At the time MW’s initial kiss felt like a sad “goodbye” while CS’s followup felt like “this is just the beginning and I’m not letting you go no matter what”.  I loved it so started watching ep12 with the full expectation of adoring the lot, only to get punched in the gut by the context and the price of that “no matter what”.

Up to now I had believed that the gods were, if not positively inclined towards MW and CS, at least fair; only it turns out that the only rule in this game is that the puppets they are playing with (MW and CS) need to be put through the maximum amount of hurt possible. Everything else is secondary: we no longer vanish evil spirits if it so suits; CS -who has yet to do a single thing wrong- is doomed as well, just for caring about MW. It was all preordained to end in disaster from the get go and everyone’s just a cog in the machine that makes it happen. MW was right all along not to trust them; this is more perverse that even she could imagine. The gods made it such that MW loving CS is enough to destroy them both. Given that  her original trauma was about her loving someone causing the destruction of everything she holds dear, I don't know what to call that except cruel… she really stood no chance. the ending was a done conclusion regardless what she does. the test is there only as an excuse and I bloody feel like swearing.

I’m hurt and I’m sad and I’m kind of angry. The fabric is tearing at the seams and for the first time the narrative core stopped making sense to me. it’s no longer about forgiveness, or the healing power of love, or moving on. I no longer have any idea what the hell is the point.

• Like 12
  • Insightful 2

The Painting of Mount Baekdu and Its Significance

In HDL, the side stories often run parallel to the main plot. Notably, the painting of Mount Baekdu has been repeatedly mentioned, which begs the question: what’s the significance of this painting?

48571187477_30f31c7909_b.jpg

Continue reading under spoiler:

Spoiler

The painting represents a place that doesn’t exist anymore.

48571187657_09605acfe1_b.jpg

For the tiger, it’s Mount Baekdu.

For Chansung, it’s his life before meeting Manweol.

48571041356_d193a77599_b.jpg

Just like the tiger, Chansung is forcibly thrown into a strange and scary world.

Naturally, Manweol’s first order of business as zookeeper is to get rid of the painting. According to the script, she wants to sell the painting for money. But symbolically, it’s her way of telling Chansung to forget about his life in the past.

48571188077_574c0cc89a_b.jpg

This explains why Chansung’s severance pay came in the form of the painting. Manweol is giving Chansung a chance to go back to his old life: a life without her and ghosts.

48571187307_feee323fb3_b.jpg

48571187182_0fe2af52a7_b.jpg

Chansung can’t go back to his Mount Baekdu if he can still see ghosts. Hence, the painting and the medicine come in a set.

Which makes it even more meaningful that Chansung returns the medicine and sells the painting. It is symbolic of Chansung’s resolve to stay by Manweol’s side, come what may.

48571042091_bb39c2820d_b.jpg

It’s pure wicked humour on the writers’ part to have Manweol send a tiger print suit to Chansung. He’s officially Manweol’s pet tiger now. Roar.

48571042366_bcfa1f4c94_b.jpg

Btw, love the reference from Master’s Sun:

48571041731_2942dbb461_o.png

48571041546_c9195c762f_o.png

• Like 11
  • Insightful 6

My opinion about the price that chansung have to paid is his suffering after manwol gone.. I don't think he will take over the hotel because the hotel is manwol herself.. The manwol tree that give the hotel its energy and with manwol gone the hotel and tree will vanish as well.. Now thinking back i knew why mago choose chansung to be with manwol.. He's a strong person and the way he stand by what right will make him a perfect candidate to do that.. He can endure the price as long as manwol will leave in peace.. Both chansung and manwol maybe will strike a deal with mago to protect each other..

Also i think both the captain and manwol will protect chansung from that evil guy spirit.. The captain will do this because he can't protect manwol family in the past and now chansung is the most important person in manwol world.. I think manwol will forgive CM through CS cause she now understand the love that CM have toward her for him to betray manwol and now she loved CS she will also do anything to protect CS.. 

I think the love that CM have is beautiful in his own way and CS also loved manwol in his way.. Both man will do anything for manwol and that so heartbreaking to see.. But i think manwol truly understand love through CS.. no matter heartbreaking CM love toward manwol he still is the reason why manwol being tied to the tree and for me personally the only thing left is manwol forgiveness and understand what he done is for her and he can finally rest in peace....

Both CM/MW and CS/MW love story wreck me in different way but still a beautiful love story...

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나